Dog Discussion: (reposting) What Breeds Are My Dogs?

(reposting) What Breeds Are My Dogs?

Chris Garcia
2003-09-12 23:24:38 EST
I'm not sure if this got posted or not.. I usually see my own posts, but
i didn't see this one.. sorry if it got posted twice:

:::::::::

I'm running a poll on my website to get an opinion on what mix my dogs
are:

This is the link to the poll:
http://www.chrisgarcia.com/html/modules/xoopspoll/

If you think one is a breed that isn't in the list (these are all the
ones we've heard so far), please select "other" and leave a comment.

The pictures of my dogs can be found here:
http://www.chrisgarcia.com/dogs/leia/
http://www.chrisgarcia.com/dogs/ginger/

Things that may not be obvious from the pictures:

Leia: Coloring on her head is "sable", she weighs ~40lbs, the fur on her
tail is very long (4-6 inches).

Ginger: the brownish looking spots are brindle, she weighs ~30lbs.

Thanks!

--
-Chris

http://www.ChrisGarcia.com <- My Homepage
http://www.chrisgarcia.com/cars/ <- *NEW* My cars
http://www.chrisgarcia.com/dogs/ <- *Sort-of NEW* My dogs
http://starwars.chrisgarcia.com/ <- Centerpoint Station, the "ghost-
town" of the Star Wars Universe!

Me
2003-09-12 23:59:48 EST

"leia" looks like a cross between a Border Collie and some sort of reddish
terrier.

"ginger" looks like a Jack Russell terrier and Beagle mix.

Chris Garcia
2003-09-13 00:41:07 EST
"me" <meohmy@me.net> decided to join the conversation on 12 Sep 2003
with message news:UCw8b.1929$ev2.1251497@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com:

> "leia" looks like a cross between a Border Collie and some sort of
> reddish terrier.
>
> "ginger" looks like a Jack Russell terrier and Beagle mix.

i think border collie came up in a conversation once, yeah...

as for the jrt/beagle mix.. i agree.. but there has to be some breed in
there that has brindle also (whippet?)

--
-Chris

http://www.ChrisGarcia.com <- My Homepage
http://www.chrisgarcia.com/cars/ <- *NEW* My cars
http://www.chrisgarcia.com/dogs/ <- *Sort-of NEW* My dogs
http://starwars.chrisgarcia.com/ <- Centerpoint Station, the "ghost-town"
of the Star Wars Universe!

Kaabooo
2003-09-13 01:39:56 EST
Is leia's legs as short as they look in the pictures or is it just the
angle? Aussie/BC/corgi something? (if the legs are as short as they look...
or is it just me seeing corgis everywhere...)

Kate

Chris Garcia
2003-09-13 09:53:57 EST
"Kaabooo" <kaabooo@yahoo.com> decided to join the conversation on 13 Sep
2003 with message news:M4y8b.31$VV6.38394913@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

> Is leia's legs as short as they look in the pictures or is it just the
> angle? Aussie/BC/corgi something? (if the legs are as short as they
> look... or is it just me seeing corgis everywhere...)

hm... true.. i don't have any good angles on leia.. i don't have my
digital camera or scanner anymore, so it's harder for me to get pictures
of her online..

she's roughly the same size as my mom's australian shepherd. just not as
furry (for comparision: http://jaygarcia.com/mambo.htm )

her coat (the way it flows, not coloring) is almost exactly the same..
the really long & soft fur around the ears, how it "goes" every
direction, the furry butt.. her coloring (or is it called markings?) is
much like a german shepherd.. the black body, and brownish/black legs.

--
-Chris

http://www.ChrisGarcia.com <- My Homepage
http://www.chrisgarcia.com/cars/ <- *NEW* My cars
http://www.chrisgarcia.com/dogs/ <- *Sort-of NEW* My dogs
http://starwars.chrisgarcia.com/ <- Centerpoint Station, the "ghost-
town" of the Star Wars Universe!

Eliska
2003-09-13 10:59:43 EST
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:24:38 GMT, Chris Garcia <NcOhSrPiAsM@chrisgarcia.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure if this got posted or not.. I usually see my own posts, but
>i didn't see this one.. sorry if it got posted twice:
>
>:::::::::
>
>I'm running a poll on my website to get an opinion on what mix my dogs
>are:

I think they are both from the Durable family - a durable : )
________________________________

Eliska

http://www.ArtChiK.com

Portraits of Pets and People
Caricature Entertainment

Chris Garcia
2003-09-13 20:04:17 EST
Eliska <eliska@tampabay.rr.com> decided to join the conversation on 13
Sep 2003 with message news:r6c6mvgk46ca46a5e6hlhpca0376e8d134@4ax.com:

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:24:38 GMT, Chris Garcia
> <NcOhSrPiAsM@chrisgarcia.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm not sure if this got posted or not.. I usually see my own posts,
>>but i didn't see this one.. sorry if it got posted twice:
>>
>>:::::::::
>>
>>I'm running a poll on my website to get an opinion on what mix my dogs
>>are:
>

> I think they are both from the Durable family - a durable : )

heh, that took me about a minute to get.. thanks for the compliment ;)