Dog Discussion: EVEN IF...

EVEN IF...

The Amazing Puppy Wizard
2005-01-27 06:51:45 EST
HOWEDY People!

Here's a REFRESHING thought:

EVEN IF The Amazing Puppy Wizard is
WRONG it STILL don't make YOU RIGHT.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

"You Lying Sack Of Dung.When Have I Ever Said
Anything About Using A Prong Collar, Or Any Collar
Correction At All, To Make Dogs Friendly To House
Cats? Don't bother. The answer is never," lying "I
LOVE KOEHLER" lynn.

lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn writes about kats and dogs:

"This Article Is Something We've Put Together
For SF GSD Rescue

From: Lynn Kosmakos (lkosmakos@home.com)
Subject: Re: I have a dog he has cats
Date: 1999/11/20

g*7@my-deja.com wrote:
> How can I get him to quit chasing the cats.

Okay - this is going to be a bit loooong - Lynn K.

"Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog. Don't
forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong works
better than a choke with less chance of injury to the dog in
this situation.

Electronics can be used to create an aversion to cats, but
should be used under the direction of a trainer who knows how
to instruct the owner in their proper use. Electronics can
take the form of shock, sonic or citronella collars. At that
time the owner will train with electronics instead of food or
whatever other reward system was being used."

8) Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog.
Don't forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong
works better than a choke with less chance of injury to the
dog in this situation. Have the dog in a sit-stay next to
you with most of the slack out of the leash and let the cat
walk through the room and up to the dog if it wishes (this is
why you have the dog muzzled).

If the dog makes an aggressive move towards the
cat, it must be corrected strongly with both your
voice and the collar.

This is important - the correction must be physically
very strong - not a nag. (PS: not many dogs need
to be corrected at all)."

Lynn K. wrote:

"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
schedules and duties causes a great deal of
scheduling overhead.

And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
volunteers get the meaningful experience that
they work for.

Someone has to be responsible for that
Volunteer Program, and it is best done
by a non-volunteer."

Lynn K.
---------------------------------

"I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted condition.

Should I have refused to groom them?

Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."

Lynn K.

Baghdad Bob <Baghdadbob> wrote in message

> >> Lynn, looks like he got you there if these
> >> quotes are true.
>
> >> In the posts below you take responsibility for
> >> making those calls.
>
> >> In your post above, you state you do not
> >> make those calls.
>
> >>Which one is it?

WORDS OF WISDOM
from our own Lynn Kosmakos
1200mg of lithium and 50 mg of Zoloft every day
For Twenty Years

I THINK I'M QUALIFIED TO TALK ABOUT LITHIUM

"I, too, have a bi-polar mood disorder (manic-depression)
requiring 1200mg of lithium and 50 mg of Zoloft every
day.

I, also, care about dogs and use this forum to learn
more, while happily sharing pertinent information
I have learned. But if I were ever to post such sh*t,
I would hope that every other reader of this group
would be rightfully outraged."

"Community is an evolutionary thing that we earn
the right to participate in by observing the
easily understood rules and contributing to in
constructive ways."

Lynn K.

"It wasn't that meds didn't work for her
- she wouldn't take them. I particularly remember
a comment she made about scarey side effects of
Lithium. Hardly. After 17 years on it, I think
I'm qualified to say that the very low risk of
any side effect is far less frightening than the
very real dangers of life without it."

Lynn K.

SEE? TOLD YA SO!

Want someMOORE?:

"I'll bet you don't know a thing about me. I volunteered
as assistant to the euthanasia tech at our local shelter
for a while, and I know a bit about overpopulation and
unwanted animals.

This however has nothing at all to do with responsible
breeders, because responsible breeders don't contribute
to that problem," Mustang Sally.

I'll be you've never had to put down litters of
beautiful labrador puppies? If you had did, maybe
you'd be singing a different tune?

"Actually, have held them for the tech to euth, and
put their bodies in the trash bag and in the freezer
for the trash company to come and dispose of.

No different tune," ~Emily

WE GOT PLENTY MOORE WHERE THAT
CAME FROM:

wrote in message

> Kyle, FWIW, i thought it was pretty funny,
> and i often call my little dog the turd, because
> he is one. Some folks think its HORRRIBLE i
> would insult my dog like that so i guess its just a
> matter of personality.

> Kyle, the best way to teach him to stay away is to
> step on him once. Seriously.

"Hold Back The Dobie Girl So That Izzy Can
Put Simon In His Place," BINACA bethFIST.

"Beth F" <dawg@spamthis.alaska.com> wrote in message:

"Whatever motivates the dog, but I daresay most of the dogs
I have in classes just aren't that interested in praise."

Leah Effexor for chronic depression, in denial
about being mentally ill. Has taken
several other mentally ill medications
before settling on effexor for her chronic
mental problems, recently changed
ANTI PSYCHOTIC medications.

"I don't think Jerry intentionally lies. I think he twists
things around in his own mind until he actually believes
what he's saying."

Jerry is the only poster here who gives dangerous
advice. Google for spike and squirt. And let's not
forget the times he's told posters whose dogs have
medical problems that his halfwits-end program could
cure them.

PetsMart Pet Trainer
My Kids, My Students, My Life

"It was kind of funny, in an absurd way. The rabbit
was completely still, eyes open and glazed, dried
blood in his ears and mouth, with his back legs
stiffening quickly.

I didn't mention that she arrived with a stethoscope
around her neck, and regularly interrupted her hysteria
to check his vitals, give him mouth-to-mouth and chest
compressions.

My student and I kept looking at each other, as in,
"What do we say???" Obviously, "I think he's gone,
honey," wasn't getting through.

It was her pet rabbit, not a wild bunny, so that made
it much harder for her.

And he was killed by bichons."

No leah. He was MURDERED by your SOCIALIZATION
classes and OBEDIENCE trainin bribery and crating.

LIKE THIS:

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

captain arthur haggerty SEZ: "A CHIN CHUCK"
Makes A ResoundingSound Distraction: "When
You Chuck The Dog The Sound Will Travel Up
The Mandible To The Ears And Give A Popping
Sound To The Dog."

"An indelible impression can sometimes be made
by giving the dog a hard spanking of long duration,
then leaving him tied by the mess he's made so you
can come back at twenty minute intervals and punish
him again for the same thing.

In most cases, the dog that deliberately does this
disagreeable thing cannot be made reliable by the
light spanking that some owners seem to think is
adequate punishment.

It will be better for your dog, as well as the house,
if you really pour it on him," wm koehler.

Paxil Princess psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

lying frosty dahl says:

"To me, training a dog without using intimidation,
confrontation, or punishment is, indeed, everything. I
certainly reject "force" as Marilyn defines it. And "fear"
can be included under the category of intimidation.

Not a one of these is constructive in the training
of a dog; all are bad for the dog/handler relationship,
the dog's confidence, the dog's ultimate potential, etc.

But I do make use of tools and methods which I believe to
cause physical discomfort, including electric collars, pinch
collars, chain collars, switches, and the ear pinch.

I just don't equate the reaction with the tool/method--I look
at the dog to know its reaction. I think that is what some
people don't do: they are so full of surmises about what
causes what, that they never bother to regard the dog as
the authority.

I don't beat dogs, twist ears, or pinch toes. For the
benefit of anyone who is in doubt, and who chooses
not to read the article (SHE'D REALLY LIKE IT IF
YOU DON'T READ IT!), there is NO mention in it of
"twisting ears (INDEED, SHE PINCHES THEM WITH
SPIKES).

I would never slap a dog (SHE TEACHES PEOPLE TO
BEAT DOGS WITH STICKS TO MOTIVATE THEM).

I would never advise anyone to slap a dog
(SHE'S A PROVEN LIAR AND DOG ABUSER,
do you expect her to ADMIT THE TRUTH???).

I do not believe there is a single circumstance, ever,
where slapping a dog is anything but destructive."

RIGHT. She PINCHES, not twists... and chin cuff
doesn't mean hit, it means slap. amy lyingfrosty dahl
continues:

"On the other extreme, the really hard dogs we have trained
require much more frequent and heavy application of
pressure (PAIN j.h.) to get the job done,

This is continued resistance to your increasing authority,
and the job is not done until it is overcome

Get a stick 30- or 40-inches long. You can have a
helper wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher, less
tractable dogs may require you to progress to striking
them more sharply.

With your hand on the collar and ear, say, 'fetch.'

Immediately tap the dog on the hindquarters with the
stick. Repeat "fetch" and pinch the ear all the way to
the dummy.

Repeat, varying how hard you hit the dog,

Now you are ready to progress to what most
people think of as force-fetching: the ear pinch.

Make the dog's need to stop the pinching so urgent
that resisting your will fades in importance.

but will squeal, thrash around, and direct their
efforts to escaping the ear pinch

You can press the dog's ear with a shotshell
instead of your thumb;

even get a studded collar and pinch the ear against that

Say "fetch" while pressing the dummy
against its lips and pinching its ear.

if the dog still does not open its mouth,
get out the shotshell.

Try pinching the ear between the metal casing
and the collar, even the buckle on the collar.

Persist! Eventually, the dog will give in"

Here's lying frosty dahl BEATING A DOG to TRAIN IT:

Borrowed from: "Puppy Raising Tips" from
professional trainers, John and Amy Dahl.

"Around four months many puppies can withstand a
correction. Unfortunately this is the time they start
teething and if their mouth hurts, they may act
generally sensitive. If this is the case, be patient and
wait for all those baby teeth to fall out.

In training, retrievers often respond to physical correction
better than verbal correction. While "NO!" is extremely
useful if puppy is about to bite an electrical cord or steal
food off the table, when you are teaching them something
(like obedience) a sharp jerk on their lead or swat with a
stick gets the message across with less emotion and less
effect on their confidence.

If they drop the dummy and act like their mouth hurts
when they are teething, stop all retrieving and wait for
their mouth to feel better. A correction should be just
severe enough to get the dog to respond.

Repeated weak corrections are very stressful to the dog."

=====================

Amy Dahl writes:

"From where I sit, there is a difference. I haven't noticed
any of the contingent who like Koehler trying to force
their method on everyone, or calling others names because
they do not use the method.

I personally believe the Koehler method is a more
humane way of teaching than any alternative I have
studied.

And I am not averse to learning--I have studied a
number of methods.

Koehler, of course, stops far short of the specialized
work I do with retrievers, and some of the things in his
book, such as making the dog walk behind the handler
on the "finish," are inappropriate for retriever work.

Why do I think Koehler's method is more humane than others?

First, I don't believe "corrections vs. no corrections" is as
significant to dogs as it is to people. Applied correctly,
Koehler's method uses *no* intimidation, fear, or emotional
manipulation. It is clear and definite, and the handler's
actions are always predictable. The method is masterfully
designed to prevent confrontation or vying for control in
any way. It places high demands of responsibility on the
trainer, and takes a great deal of commitment to do correctly,
so it is not for the casual "dabbler." When done well,very
few corrections are needed.

In brief, I think the clarity, predictability, and absence
of emotional blackmail weigh more strongly in the method's
favor, than the occasional brief unpleasantness of correction
weighs against it." lying frosty dahl.

You want MOORE INSANE?

WE GOT PLENTY!:

MOTHER AND CHILD REUNION

"KUCKOO!! CUCKOO!!!"

MOTHER (LOIS E.) 22 YEARS on TRICYCLICS,
DAUGHTER BIPOLAR...

YOU DO THE MATH

"What's really terrific, is now days you can say proudly,
'I take anti-depressives'"

-------------------------------------

From: Gary & lois Edwards (g...@bmi.net)
Subject: Re: Where is Darlene?
Date: 1999/09/02

BEEN ON TRICYCLICS FOR ABOUT 22 YEARS

"I don't take lithium, but I've been on trycyclics
for about 22 years. Been there, done that, have
the t-shirt to prove it. What's really terrific,
is now days you can say proudly,
"I take anti-depressives". Back when I started
taking them it was seen as something shameful.
If you cut your leg off, and were lying there with
a bleeding stump, you'd never let the word
depressed, pass your lips, or the doc's would say,
"You're depressed, on medication? Well, can't have
any pain meds.....you could become addicted." The
good old days. I actually had a Great Aunt who's
father locked her in her room back in the twenties
because she was simple. A shame that medication
probably would have helped her live a normal life.
No Denna, I was just saying with Darlene's
personality, she has a way of making grandiose
plans when at the top of her manic cycle....as
does my daughter. I wasn't saying that anyone
with problems could be counted on to be
irresponsible."

Lois E.

-------------------------------------

SEE? TOLD YOU SO

The Puppy Wizard. <{}TPW; - ) >

ANY QUESTIONS, DUMMIES?

,-._,-,
V)"(V
(_o_) Have a great day!
/ V)
(l l l) Your Puppy Wizard. <{}YPW; ~ } >
oo-oo

Marcus L. Rowland
2005-01-27 13:23:07 EST
In message <1106826705.293667.268230@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, The
Amazing Puppy Wizard <TheAmazingPuppyWizard@Yahoo.Com> writes
>HOWEDY People!

Earthlink finally kicked you off, I see. Killfiled again.

Oh, and don't bother sending me more abusive e-mail, you're killfiled
there too.
--
Marcus L. Rowland http://www.forgottenfutures.com/
LJ:ffutures http://homepage.ntlworld.com/forgottenfutures/

Sionnach
2005-01-27 13:45:26 EST

> Earthlink finally kicked you off, I see.

Doubtful, since Yahoo isn't an ISP; Yahoo addresses are web-based, and
unusuable unless one has an Internet connection via a traditional ISP of
some ilk. More likely, he's using the Yahoo address to evade killfiles.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard
2005-01-27 14:05:07 EST
sinofabitch writes:
> >> What I have said- repeatedly - is that he took
> >> posts from two different people,
> >> took pieces of them out of context,
> >> cobbled them together,
> >> then added his own words:

"Neatly," and "Smartly."

> >>and a fake signature.

"sinofabitch" instead of sionnach.

> >> Which is exactly what he did.
> >> The actual quote is misleading
> >> when taken out of context, and Jerry's
> >> faked "quote" is downright meaningless.
>
> >Here's Jerry's version
>
> > "I Dropped The Leash, Threw My
> > Right Arm Over The Lab's Shoulder,
> > Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My
> > Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
> > Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled Into
> > Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And
> > Neatly Nipped Her Ear," sinofabitch.
>
> >Here's yours;
>
> > "I dropped the leash, threw my
> > right arm over the Lab's shoulder,
> > grabbed her opposite foot with my
> > left hand, rolled her on her side,
> > leaned on her, said "GRRRR!" and
> > nipped her ear.
> > --Sara Sionnach

BWAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!!!

That's INSANE. Ain't it.

"When you get bagged for lying you're MARKED
FOR LIFE," The Puppy Wizard's DADDY.

BWEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

From: Mark Shaw (mshaw@bangnetcom.com)
Subject: Re: Fido-Shock
Date: 2002-04-10 14:12:18 PST

In article <gWLs8.203228$af7.101030@rwcrnsc53>,
"Coleman Brumley" <clbrumley@home.com> wrote:

>Has anyone had experience with this product (Fido-Shock).
>If so, what model number, voltage, etc.?

If you're talking about the pet-grade hotwire system, I have
one. It's to keep boarded dogs out of my flowers.

>I have a 1.5 year St Bernard who is scaling (not clearing --
>more like falling over) our 4 foot fence to visit with owners
>walking their dogs. I thought of raising the fence a foot or
>so, but don't think that'll solve the problem. I've tried
>watching her outside, and give a stern "NO" when she
>props on the fence for a peek over it. No avail.
>
>I've heard this product works after just a couple of tries.

I take it you're considering running the wire across the top
of the fence? I don't think I'd recommend that, although it
may be worth a try. Watch closely -- the one case where I saw
a hotwire used in this fashion caused the dog undue stress and
frustration, and he tried even harder to get over the fence.
So be prepared to take it down right away.

That was a Dane, though. With a Saint things might be
different.

--
Mark Shaw

culprit's dogs MURDERED her kat for
standin behind their SHOCK FENCE
just like HOWE liea's dog attacked
her only friend and tried to attack two
little kids for standin in her SHOCK ZONE:

From: culprit (culprit@flashmail.com)
Subject: Re: Video clip......."Nero" practicing bark alert,
while walking backwards
Date: 2004-06-05 18:53:50 PST

--------------------------------

"Tricia9999" <tricia9999@aol.com> wrote in message

> >> how effective are these electronic fences in
> >> keeping a dog on a property????
>
> Some run through it. Others get shocked and become
> too scared to go out in the yard anymore.
>
> Just heard of a guy that has to rehome his dog,
> because the dog got caught right in the path of
> the shock and will now not go near his person,
> won't go outside.
>
> Just hides under a desk in the house.

BWEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHHAAAA!!!

A*@sbcglobal.net?
2005-01-27 14:55:22 EST
If you'll notice his website is GONE ;-)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:45:26 -0500, "Sionnach" <rhyfelwr@msn.com>
wrote:

>> Earthlink finally kicked you off, I see.
>
> Doubtful, since Yahoo isn't an ISP; Yahoo addresses are web-based, and
>unusuable unless one has an Internet connection via a traditional ISP of
>some ilk. More likely, he's using the Yahoo address to evade killfiles.

--
Hug a Pitbull Today!

Email: Remove the ©

The Amazing Puppy Wizard
2005-01-27 16:36:28 EST
HOWEDY alpha pit bull lover,

>If you'll notice his website is GONE ;-)

NOT QUITE GONE, dog lover.

>On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:45:26 -0500, "Sionnach"
><rhyfe...@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>> Earthlink finally kicked you off, I see.
>
>> Doubtful, since Yahoo isn't an ISP; Yahoo addresses are web-based,
>> and unusuable unless one has an Internet connection via a
traditional
>> ISP of some ilk. More likely, he's using the Yahoo address to evade
>> killfiles.

While it's TRUE that Yahoo AIN'T a ISP and The Amazing
Puppy Wizard STILL GOT HIS ISP, then obviHOWESLY
The Amazing Puppy Wizard is ON THE WWW through HIS
ISP, EarthLink.com

>Hug a Pitbull Today!
>Email: Remove the =A9

Don't get all GIDDY NHOWE, dog lovers. The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's website AIN'T GONE from your hearts and minds an
IT'S GONNA BE BACK with an EXPOSE on the entire industry
of dog behavior training and international terrorism, a thriller by
LeeCharlesKelley, if he wan't to WRITE The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's Biography BOOK.

Seems there's a INVESTIGATION for the FRAUD that paul foster
and a couple other imbeciles from the DOG LOVER'S news groups tried to
perpertrate upon The Amazng Puppy Wizard in an illegal
attempt to repress free speech and interfere with commerce.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard's site will be RESURRECTED
SHORETLY and a couple of DOG LOVERS will likely end
up PAYIN thirty THOWESAND dollars or MOORE worth of
internet silllibytes hosting or sumpthin or GOIN TO JAIL or
BOTH, if The Amazing Puppy Wizard has anything to say
abHOWET it..

CHEERS!

The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{) ; ~ ) >

P=2ES. Nuthin like wrappin it all up into WON neat
INITERNATIONAL FELONY package with larceny
admissions and a TALLY SHEET (not that tose
SITE STATISTICS ain't RECORDED on the daily
LOG), and promises to do physical harm, each
crime REWARDABLE with PRISON TIME.