Dog Discussion: Pet Loss

Pet Loss

Gravity Wave
2005-01-25 20:24:17 EST
My Brother lost his Jack Russel terrier today. Put to sleep. This guy who
never shows emotion has become a certifieed basket case. The dog was closer
to him than his own kids. He's taking this prettu hard. Is there anyhting I
might be able to do to help him ease the pain.

Steveo
2005-01-25 20:58:13 EST

"Gravity Wave" <skreenrite@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Brother lost his Jack Russel terrier today. Put to sleep. This guy who
> never shows emotion has become a certifieed basket case. The dog was
> closer to him than his own kids. He's taking this prettu hard. Is there
> anyhting I might be able to do to help him ease the pain.

GIVE HIM A BLOW JOB.....THAT SHOULD MAKE HIM FEEL GREAT!!

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Sorackem
2005-01-25 21:16:07 EST
"Gravity Wave" <skreenrite@hotmail.com> wrote in

> My Brother lost his Jack Russel terrier today. Put to sleep. This guy
> who never shows emotion has become a certifieed basket case. The dog
> was closer to him than his own kids. He's taking this prettu hard. Is
> there anyhting I might be able to do to help him ease the pain.

My sympathies to your brother.

There's really not too much you can do. He has to go through his grieving
process and it will take a while.

It was important to me (when I lost my last dog of 11 years) that people
understood that such a great creature had passed from the earth.
When people commiserate it gives a feeling that they too cared, that they
understand and that they feel like the grief is absolutely appropriate.

Cards and sympathies were very welcome indicators of others
understanding.

A tribute of some sort may be nice. Not something that your brother is
expected to display or even cherish, but a small photo album of pictures
of his JRT, for instance. Later, at the right times, reflecting on some
personality traits and memories of his dog may be welcome.

My biggest worry, after losing my friend, was would she be alright
without me to take care of her.

It is so hard to get over the daily routines that involved the missing
loved one.

I remember going to get the mail one day thinking "Maybe I'll get a
letter from Maximum" - yeah asburd, but one flails all over the place to
assuage the pain of loss.

Best wishes.

-Brian

Gravity Wave
2005-01-25 23:53:03 EST
You need to get back on your meds you dumb fuck!
"Steveo" <moparholic@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Gravity Wave" <skreenrite@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> My Brother lost his Jack Russel terrier today. Put to sleep. This guy who
>> never shows emotion has become a certifieed basket case. The dog was
>> closer to him than his own kids. He's taking this prettu hard. Is there
>> anyhting I might be able to do to help him ease the pain.
>>
> GIVE HIM A BLOW JOB.....THAT SHOULD MAKE HIM FEEL GREAT!!

> Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
> More than 120,000 groups
> Unlimited download
> http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

Gravity Wave
2005-01-25 23:55:06 EST
Thanks Brian

You seem like a very compassionate person.
"Sorackem" <flint_stoned@nodcomcast.net> wrote in message
> "Gravity Wave" <skreenrite@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> My Brother lost his Jack Russel terrier today. Put to sleep. This guy
>> who never shows emotion has become a certifieed basket case. The dog
>> was closer to him than his own kids. He's taking this prettu hard. Is
>> there anyhting I might be able to do to help him ease the pain.
>>

> My sympathies to your brother.
>
> There's really not too much you can do. He has to go through his grieving
> process and it will take a while.
>
> It was important to me (when I lost my last dog of 11 years) that people
> understood that such a great creature had passed from the earth.
> When people commiserate it gives a feeling that they too cared, that they
> understand and that they feel like the grief is absolutely appropriate.
>
> Cards and sympathies were very welcome indicators of others
> understanding.
>
> A tribute of some sort may be nice. Not something that your brother is
> expected to display or even cherish, but a small photo album of pictures
> of his JRT, for instance. Later, at the right times, reflecting on some
> personality traits and memories of his dog may be welcome.
>
> My biggest worry, after losing my friend, was would she be alright
> without me to take care of her.
>
> It is so hard to get over the daily routines that involved the missing
> loved one.
>
> I remember going to get the mail one day thinking "Maybe I'll get a
> letter from Maximum" - yeah asburd, but one flails all over the place to
> assuage the pain of loss.
>
> Best wishes.
>
> -Brian

Michael A. Ball
2005-01-26 10:49:15 EST
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:24:17 GMT, "Gravity Wave"
<*e@hotmail.com> wrote:

>My Brother lost his Jack Russel terrier today... Is there anyhting I
>might be able to do to help him ease the pain.

Brian said all the good stuff. I would mention Http://www.Petloss.com.
Among many other helpful resources, a short literary piece appears
there, entitled "The Rainbow Bridge". It suggest we'll meet up with our
pets again someday. True or not, it gives us something to hope for. I
know I'm hoping.

Tell your brother not to be surprised if, for an instant, he hears or
even sees his dog around the house. And he shouldn't be surprised, if
six months or some years from now he thinks of his dog, and it hurts as
much as today.

Let him read the sensible responses to your post. That will help him see
that we have a Very good idea of how he feels. Some of know how it feels
to lose a JRT. Others just know what its like to lose someone you love.

Michael

"Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein