Dog Discussion: Breeding Staffs

Breeding Staffs

Page:  Previous  1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)

Caroline
2004-11-25 03:54:33 EST
"Diana" wrote

> "jt" wrote...
>> <expletives snipped>
>
> When looking for a breeder for your potential pup, consider their
> attitude, openess and willingness to discuss their dogs in a polite and
> positive way as much as you would any other aspect of responsible
> breeding... especially with a breed that is close to being banned in much
> of Europe and in some states of the US & Canada. Nice friendly dogs
> generally have nice, friendly owners.
>
> Seeing that the OP is in the UK, he might not be sooo aware of the huge
> dog overpopulation situation in the US and why our US contributors are
> sooo desperate to deter more people from adding to the problem. Though
> things aren't so bad from that aspect in the UK, there are still many,
> many aspects to consider before breeding your dog.

Hey! I was talking from the UK perpective too! I also do a lot of volunteer
work for a bull breed rescue...;o)

> http://www.staffords.co.uk (btw I just noticed there that they state: " It
> is estimated that approximately 2000 Staffords pass through Battersea Dogs
> Home and Welfare annually" - do you really need to add to those numbers?

Great link....and maybe this guy might just pull his head out the sand and
try to understand what we are trying to explain to him....great post
altogether Diana.

Diana
2004-11-25 04:26:46 EST

"Diana" <diana@dogstuffagain.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

>[..]> Thats why so many end up on rescue and having had a rescue dog
>before, I know how devastating that experience can be for a loving family
>dog who landed up 'unwanted' just cos:
>
> people didn't put enuff thought in to ensuring he would be born ;

Ooops, just noticed while I was editing and arranging this post, a bit fell
off, this 'should' have read:

> people didn't put enuff thought in to ensuring he would be born healthy
> and free of genetic joint disease and eye problems which could make his
> temperament unstable and impair his learning ability (a lot of people give
> up on dogs when they find training harder than they expected) ;

Diana

Jt
2004-11-25 06:45:36 EST
bloody hell only was interested in finding out anyone wanted pups not
bleeding lectures
"jt" <jt3009@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>i have a four year old brindle male staff bull terrier i would very much
>like to breed him and maybe have one of the pups.does anyone know of
>anybody who would like to breed there female staff???
> i am in yorksire area of uk..

Diddy
2004-11-25 07:25:41 EST
in thread news:co4gku$n8p$1@sparta.btinternet.com: "jt"
<*9@btopenworld.com> whittled the following words:

> bloody hell only was interested in finding out anyone wanted pups not
> bleeding lectures
Breeding comes first ---> then pups.

The Puppy Wizard
2004-11-25 10:20:05 EST
You bred your own pet rock.

"diddy" <diddy@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message
> in thread news:co4gku$n8p$1@sparta.btinternet.com: "jt"
> <jt3009@btopenworld.com> whittled the following words:
>
> > bloody hell only was interested in finding out anyone wanted
pups not
> > bleeding lectures
> Breeding comes first ---> then pups.

The Puppy Wizard
2004-11-25 10:21:51 EST
You're a liar a dog abuser a coward and active
long term incurable mental case. It's ALL in your
own posted CASE HISTORY.

NHOWE get the heel HOWETA here you miserable hypocrite.

The Amazing Pupppy Wizard <{) ; ~ ) >

;

> Diana

~shady Angel~
2004-11-25 18:53:40 EST
Then you asked the wrong question it should have been
I've breed my dog and now I want to get rid of the puppies.
--
~shady angel~

jt wrote:
> bloody hell only was interested in finding out anyone wanted pups not
> bleeding lectures
> "jt" <jt3009@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> i have a four year old brindle male staff bull terrier i would very
>> much like to breed him and maybe have one of the pups.does anyone
>> know of anybody who would like to breed there female staff???
>> i am in yorksire area of uk..

Caroline
2004-11-26 03:51:27 EST
Um...actually you asked if anyone was stupid enough to use their bitch with
your dog...that is not advertising pups.

Several people have put forward very clear and valid explanations of why
this is not a very sensible idea, and suggestions of how best to go about it
in a responsible manner if you really must breed your seemingly unremarkable
dog...so you choose to completely ignore the advice of people who have more
experience in this than your self and become abusive...you won't get far in
this world if you dismiss all well-meaning advice and instead become
defensive and abusive.

"jt" <jt3009@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> bloody hell only was interested in finding out anyone wanted pups not
> bleeding lectures
> "jt" <jt3009@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>i have a four year old brindle male staff bull terrier i would very much
>>like to breed him and maybe have one of the pups.does anyone know of
>>anybody who would like to breed there female staff???
>> i am in yorksire area of uk..

Jt
2004-11-26 04:30:05 EST
nice to know group is active

"caroline" <nospamplease@thank.you> wrote in message
> Um...actually you asked if anyone was stupid enough to use their bitch
> with your dog...that is not advertising pups.
>
> Several people have put forward very clear and valid explanations of why
> this is not a very sensible idea, and suggestions of how best to go about
> it in a responsible manner if you really must breed your seemingly
> unremarkable dog...so you choose to completely ignore the advice of people
> who have more experience in this than your self and become abusive...you
> won't get far in this world if you dismiss all well-meaning advice and
> instead become defensive and abusive.
>
> "jt" <jt3009@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> bloody hell only was interested in finding out anyone wanted pups not
>> bleeding lectures
>> "jt" <jt3009@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>>i have a four year old brindle male staff bull terrier i would very much
>>>like to breed him and maybe have one of the pups.does anyone know of
>>>anybody who would like to breed there female staff???
>>> i am in yorksire area of uk..

The Puppy Wizard
2004-11-26 21:27:47 EST
HOWEDY JT,

> nice to know group is active

Pay no never mind to these lying dog
abusing active long term incurable mental
cases who don't have the intellect to
HOWEtwit the cunnin of the domestic
puppy dog:

From: caroline (nospamplease@thank.you)
Subject: Re: rotten puppy!
Newsgroups: alt.support.thyroid
Date: 2004-08-03 02:35:33 PST

"Ben" wrote

> "caroline" wrote

> > I sure hope your puppy hasn't eaten your meds....

LOL...never underestimate the intelligence
and tenacity of a terrier! ;o))

And...an adult terrier would have no problem
biting into the pill bottle, child proof lid or not...
I learnt the hard way, so I'm praying you don't
make the same mistake"