Dog Discussion: A New Breed Of Dog That Looks Like A Wolf

A New Breed Of Dog That Looks Like A Wolf

Lois
2004-10-21 19:23:17 EST
yes, its true and here i am. it took me over 27 years to develope the
alsatian shepalute that looks like a wolf with yellow eyes. Just got
my book out also. I am not going to address anyone who is mean or bad
mouths anyone else. won't go there. I am here because sometimes there
are some folks who are open minded, kind and crave information or
knowledge. I am not a child. I have spent 50 years or so on this earth
and most of it with animals as we all know humans can be so cruel. I
welcome questions and will try my best to answer folks who really seem
interested and dedicated to the canine. please visit my site at
members.tripod.com/rarek9 and/or email me directly if you really and
truely wish to talk dogs.
thank you and have a great day. Lois

The Puppy Wizard
2004-10-21 23:38:13 EST
HOWEDY Lois,

S-HOWENDS nice. Best wishes.

Have you read your FREE copy of The Amazing
Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual available for FREE at
http://www.doggydoright.com ?

ALL behavior and temperament problems are
CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.

You should INSIST your puppy owners study and
follow it PRECISELY and ask The Amazing Puppy
Wizard if they need any additional FREE heelp.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{) ; ~ ) >

"Lois" <shepalutes@aol.com> wrote in message
> yes, its true and here i am. it took me over 27 years to
develope the
> alsatian shepalute that looks like a wolf with yellow eyes. Just
got
> my book out also. I am not going to address anyone who is mean
or bad
> mouths anyone else. won't go there. I am here because sometimes
there
> are some folks who are open minded, kind and crave information
or
> knowledge. I am not a child. I have spent 50 years or so on this
earth
> and most of it with animals as we all know humans can be so
cruel. I
> welcome questions and will try my best to answer folks who
really seem
> interested and dedicated to the canine. please visit my site at
> members.tripod.com/rarek9 and/or email me directly if you really
and
> truely wish to talk dogs.
> thank you and have a great day. Lois

Michael A. Ball
2004-10-22 17:37:17 EST
On 21 Oct 2004 16:23:17 -0700, shepalutes@aol.com (Lois) wrote:

>yes, its true and here i am. ...
>thank you and have a great day. Lois

Greetings Lois! I'm one of those mean people you won't be responding to.

So, you have a new breed! That's fabulous, because the planet was
running low on dog breeds. I think the text of your web site is really
well written; I couldn't break away. I'm rarely drawn to fantasy, but
your web site is slick.

I see that you have a shepalute club and even breed standards.

I was recently taught that there are many breeds I haven't heard of. I
reckon all of them were new, at some point. And now, you have a new
breed.

Personally, I'd like to have a Chow Chow + Grizzly Bear mix. I might
call it a Chowlizzly Bear (instead of a dog). Just imagine, a beautiful
dog/bear with an "Up Your's" attitude, and the size and strength to back
it up. :-)

Are Alsatian Shepalutes somehow different from ordinary mongrels?

Has your research and achievements been monitored/acknowledged by any
nationally/internationally recognized organization---excluding the
Shepalute club?

Michael
When I die, I want to go where dogs go!

The Puppy Wizard
2004-10-24 21:43:27 EST
HOWEDY mikey,

You MURDER dogs for fun an profit at a shelter.
You MURDERED that little DEAD PUPPY Symphony
on accHOWENT of she was DEAF.

"Michael A. Ball" <Guardian@wireco.net> wrote in message
> On 21 Oct 2004 16:23:17 -0700, shepalutes@aol.com (Lois) wrote:
>
> >yes, its true and here i am. ...
> >thank you and have a great day. Lois
>
> Greetings Lois! I'm one of those mean people you won't be
responding to.

> So, you have a new breed! That's fabulous, because the planet
was
> running low on dog breeds. I think the text of your web site is
really
> well written; I couldn't break away. I'm rarely drawn to
fantasy, but
> your web site is slick.
>
> I see that you have a shepalute club and even breed standards.
>
> I was recently taught that there are many breeds I haven't heard
of. I
> reckon all of them were new, at some point. And now, you have a
new
> breed.
>
> Personally, I'd like to have a Chow Chow + Grizzly Bear mix. I
might
> call it a Chowlizzly Bear (instead of a dog). Just imagine, a
beautiful
> dog/bear with an "Up Your's" attitude, and the size and strength
to back
> it up. :-)
>
> Are Alsatian Shepalutes somehow different from ordinary
mongrels?

> Has your research and achievements been monitored/acknowledged
by any
> nationally/internationally recognized organization---excluding
the
> Shepalute club?
>
> Michael
> When I die, I want to go where dogs go!

Eroustom Verizon Email
2004-10-26 12:03:07 EST
Not to take sides - at all - but out of curiosity, isn't the difference
between a mongrel and a mixed (or pure for that matter) breed, the knowledge
of who its parents were, and intention vs. accident?

Further, wouldn't the "pure" breeds we all now know benefit from some new
genes? Isn't it time to throw away the AKC book of standards, and start a
controlled mixing?

Labradoodles and Goldenoodles seem like great dogs!

E.

> From: Michael A. Ball <Guardian@wireco.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.animals.dog
> Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:37:17 -0400
> Subject: Re: a new breed of dog that looks like a wolf
>
> On 21 Oct 2004 16:23:17 -0700, shepalutes@aol.com (Lois) wrote:
>
>> yes, its true and here i am. ...
>> thank you and have a great day. Lois
>
> Greetings Lois! I'm one of those mean people you won't be responding to.
>
> So, you have a new breed! That's fabulous, because the planet was
> running low on dog breeds. I think the text of your web site is really
> well written; I couldn't break away. I'm rarely drawn to fantasy, but
> your web site is slick.
>
> I see that you have a shepalute club and even breed standards.
>
> I was recently taught that there are many breeds I haven't heard of. I
> reckon all of them were new, at some point. And now, you have a new
> breed.
>
> Personally, I'd like to have a Chow Chow + Grizzly Bear mix. I might
> call it a Chowlizzly Bear (instead of a dog). Just imagine, a beautiful
> dog/bear with an "Up Your's" attitude, and the size and strength to back
> it up. :-)
>
> Are Alsatian Shepalutes somehow different from ordinary mongrels?
>
> Has your research and achievements been monitored/acknowledged by any
> nationally/internationally recognized organization---excluding the
> Shepalute club?
>
> Michael
> When I die, I want to go where dogs go!

Michael A. Ball
2004-10-26 18:55:56 EST

From: http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=mongrel
1 : an individual resulting from the interbreeding of diverse breeds or
strains; especially : one of unknown ancestry

Kudos on your strong debate skills! "Intention vs. accident"? That would
certainly provide plenty, perhaps unlimited, freedom would-be creators
of new breeds. But that suggests new breeds couldn't be created
accidentally--and I am pretty sure that has happened many times.
Frankly, I can't accept that differentiation.

I'm in over my head on this issue, because I don't know the process by
which AKC adopts a new breed.

You asked, "Further, wouldn't the "pure" breeds we all now know benefit
from some new genes?" Genetic diversity does appear to have its
benefits, but based on what little I know, I don't want new Chow Chow
genes coming from anything other than a Chow Chow. As I understand it,
the gene pool for any given breed is finite. Does that mean the genetic
material is available to create the perfect ________ dog? I don't know.

You asked, " Isn't it time to throw away the AKC book of standards, and
start a controlled mixing?" The more I've learned about the AKC, this
less I've respected the organization. Probably due to pressure, breed
standards have evolved over the years; so, the breeds have evolved, too.
I think the AKC might have outlived its usefulness--or perhaps
deteriorated into something that is no longer respectable.

"Controlled mixing"? :-) Is that the same as 'controlled mongrel
production'? I'm now back where I began. I'll have to find out how new
breeds become established. Any wolves reading this thread would probably
say, "They're all mongrels!" :-)

Michael
When I die, I want to go where dogs go!

Eroustom Verizon Email
2004-10-27 11:29:39 EST
You and the wolves seem very close on the position that "they are all
mongrels". And strictly speaking in the very large picture, of couse, it is
true.

> Kudos on your strong debate skills! "Intention vs. accident"? That would
> certainly provide plenty, perhaps unlimited, freedom would-be creators
> of new breeds. But that suggests new breeds couldn't be created
> accidentally--and I am pretty sure that has happened many times.
> Frankly, I can't accept that differentiation.

Not at all - as long as natural selection is not in full charge of the
resulting dog, "accidents" and "breeds" do not go together. Breeding of
animals is a human endeavour, very much about selection, by a person with a
plan, over time. There really isn't all that much room in the argument (it's
not even an argument, more a definition). It's true for cows, pigs,
chickens, (apples and corn) and dogs.
Regardless, irresponsible breeding never has an excuse.

Thanks,