Dog Discussion: Stupid Question

Stupid Question

Halteach
2004-09-09 16:39:29 EST
Can anyone tell me why dogs have crinkled lips?

Hal

Jrprice
2004-09-10 21:16:36 EST
makes it easier to play the trumpet.

"halteach" <hal_Sandick@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me why dogs have crinkled lips?
>
> Hal

The Puppy Wizard
2004-09-11 17:43:14 EST
HOWEDY halteach,

"halteach" <hal_Sandick@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone tell me why dogs have crinkled lips?

Perhaps...

> Hal

Sauerkraut - The Antithesis of Llama Spit?

Date: 1999/10/07

Chris Williams wrote:

> > Try that on the bus. It only takes a few
> > minutes of mirroring their moves until
> > they are comfortable enough with that,
> > for you to take the lead, and get them
> > to follow your moves.
>
> *************************

> Some years back, a guy down South pled "not guilty"
> to murder, claiming he was influenced by mirroring and
> couldn't help himself. Never found out if the jury bought it.
> I see it mostly in same-sex friendships and not much
> across the gender barrier.
>
> So, how does it work with different species? Dogs
> certainly mirror human emotional states, but how is
> that manifest physically; we're built differently.
>
> I can't prick up my ears when something's
> interesting, though we say that.

Hello Chris,

Let's put it like this. If your next meal depended on noticing
if I "pricked up" my ears, you'd very quickly learn to notice
that action. Dogs use facial muscles in much the same manner
as we do. Their facial expressions are not as obvious as ours,
but we may notice a little wrinkle at the corners of their
mouth, or a little more or less tooth showing as in a smile or
grin, or tension or anticipation. They sigh from contentment
or frustration just as we do, their tails telegraph body
language just like when we cross and fold our arms, their
comfort, confidence, and trust level can be noticed in the way
that they sit or lay when we are casually observing them.
Their eye movements denote similar thought patterns as those
that are recorded for human thoughts and emotions. They shift
their eyes and search their memory as they visualize thoughts
and ideas, just as we do.

That's why I laugh when people here say that they cannot tell
what is going on in a dogs mind and thoughts. Bunk! You can
take one look at someone you know well enough, and know at
first glance, if they're going to be receptive, hostile, sad,
tense, happy, excited, or serious, and we can notice how their
moods change as they access different ideas, thoughts, and
memories.

I've got a new family member, a German import GSD,
Schutzhund trained, the whole nine yards, even came
with a German vocabulary list. He's a rescue, so to speak,
and I suppose that you could call me an elitist, having mostly
pedigreed and titled rescues, (but second hand doesn't mean
second best, to quote a notorious trainer here...)

I stopped using any of his German commands after the first
day, when I noticed a tense response to his former commands.

Over the following week, I quit using any German at all, except
for gershuntite (sp?), because I noticed a real bad stress level
with some words or phrases, although they were not in his
vocabulary of commands.

Last night I was observing him while he was taking a break
outside just before my dinner was served, and I noticed that
he was bouncing like a little puppy as he returned inside. I
thought that was quite unusual for him, (he's not been a real
happy camper, having recently lost his dad.) I wondered if one
of the girls was coming into heat...

Later, he did the same thing, bouncing across the kitchen
floor after dinner. I asked Barbara if she noticed his behavior,
and she said no, as she was clearing the stove. I even asked
if she had noticed hearing his footsteps, the pitter patter pitter
patter pitter patter pitter patter he made as he bounced around,
being quite out of character for him. I looked down, and noticed
a bowl of Sauerkraut. We had hot dogs for dinner, and she
sometimes has kraut with her hot dogs. It could have been five
years since he last saw a bowl of Sauerkraut, but his nose
triggered memories out of his puppy hood and adolescence,
and made him feel and act five years younger!

Perhaps Sauerkraut is the antithesis of Llama spit? J>>>

Beelzebub
2004-09-11 18:08:05 EST
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:43:14 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
<*d@EarthLink.Net> wrote:

>HOWEDY halteach,
>
>"halteach" <hal_Sandick@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Can anyone tell me why dogs have crinkled lips?
>
>Perhaps...

FUCK OFF you stupid lamer. Go hump your own dead dog.

Debbie Parks
2004-09-12 17:58:53 EST
because
--
Catcrazy
"jrprice" <jrprice@compassnet.com> wrote in message
> makes it easier to play the trumpet.
>
> "halteach" <hal_Sandick@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone tell me why dogs have crinkled lips?
> >
> > Hal

Carey Gregory
2004-09-12 19:27:04 EST
Beelzebub <Beelzebub@thedeepbowelsofhell.invalid> wrote:

>FUCK OFF you stupid lamer. Go hump your own dead dog.

Quit replying, quit quoting him, and learn to use your killfile.

The Puppy Wizard
2004-09-12 21:27:10 EST
BWEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHHHAAAA!!!

Looks like you're OBSESSED by The
Amazing Puppy Wizard, eh carey?

"Carey Gregory" <tiredofspam123@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Beelzebub <Beelzebub@thedeepbowelsofhell.invalid> wrote:
>
> >FUCK OFF you stupid lamer. Go hump your own dead dog.
>
> Quit replying, quit quoting him, and learn to use your killfile.

The Puppy Wizard
2004-09-12 22:16:27 EST
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:27:04 -0400, Carey Gregory
<*3@comcast.net> wrote:

>Beelzebub <Beelzebub@thedeepbowelsofhell.invalid> wrote:
>
>>FUCK OFF you stupid lamer. Go hump your own dead dog.
>
>Quit replying, quit quoting him, and learn to use your killfile.

You quit replying, quit quoting yourself and killfile yourself!

now dance little fag monkey boi.. dance.... dance....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The Puppy Wizard
2004-09-12 22:17:12 EST
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:27:10 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
<*d@EarthLink.Net> wrote:

>BWEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHHHAAAA!!!
>
>Looks like you're OBSESSED by The
>Amazing Puppy Wizard, eh carey?

No, I am more obsessed in sucking my dick and banging my meat!