Dog Discussion: Easy-on-the-neck Harness For Toys?

Easy-on-the-neck Harness For Toys?

Dar Shelton
2004-08-04 05:49:35 EST
Allo...

Our Chi pup recently had some sort of throat problem.
Vet says maybe infection, maybe collapsed trachea (syndrome?) ,
maybe temporary constriction from the harness we have.

We are aware of the trachea thing in toys , and had been using the harnesses
(wide strapped , velcro numbers from chiwawagaga (.com) ) to minimize the risk of
irritating his neck, but now we want to find an even more gentle harness for him.

So, does anyone here know of such a thing, ones that don't wrap around the neck, but
perhaps go over the shoulders and down the chest to hook up, instead of crossing
or joining at the neck ?.

Thanks,
Dar

Diana
2004-08-04 14:10:27 EST

"Dar Shelton" <darshelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Allo...
[..]

> So, does anyone here know of such a thing, ones that don't wrap around the
neck, but
> perhaps go over the shoulders and down the chest to hook up, instead of
crossing
> or joining at the neck ?.
>
> Thanks,
> Dar

Yup. the lupi harness. Dunno if you can get them in the US but maybe they'll
post... http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/lupi.php its a no pull harness and
can be adapted quite easily, but the weight bearing point is on the chest
rather than the neck. If they won't import (which would surprise me) I have
one for a large dog, which I can post you, for you to alter yourself. its
well worn though... certainly won't ever use it again though. I used it as
a no pull harness - which it did very well, but it made me lazy & taught my
big strong dog to pull & be undisciplined on lead.

Diana (contact me via Cindy's website if you want it)

--
Cindy's web site
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Dar Shelton
2004-08-04 16:26:16 EST

Thanks, that looks like what I want. Gotta find out if they have 'em small enough for Chi-s .
I found something at the store today that should work.

Good luck with you-know-who , people ; it's pathetic , really .
This kind if crap is one good reason I mostly stay away from boards these days. Besides ,
I have this amazing little DogBoy ; damn, he's a lot of fun .

Dar out. ( and gone)
Diana <diana@dogstuffagain.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message news:cer8qj$mt9$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "Dar Shelton" <darshelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Allo...
> [..]
>
> > So, does anyone here know of such a thing, ones that don't wrap around the
> neck, but
> > perhaps go over the shoulders and down the chest to hook up, instead of
> crossing
> > or joining at the neck ?.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dar
> >

> Yup. the lupi harness. Dunno if you can get them in the US but maybe they'll
> post... http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/lupi.php its a no pull harness and
> can be adapted quite easily, but the weight bearing point is on the chest
> rather than the neck. If they won't import (which would surprise me) I have
> one for a large dog, which I can post you, for you to alter yourself. its
> well worn though... certainly won't ever use it again though. I used it as
> a no pull harness - which it did very well, but it made me lazy & taught my
> big strong dog to pull & be undisciplined on lead.
>
> Diana (contact me via Cindy's website if you want it)
>

> --
> Cindy's web site
> http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

The Puppy Wizard
2004-08-08 01:55:08 EST
HOWEDY dar,

"Dar Shelton" <darshelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Allo...
>
> Our Chi pup recently had some sort of throat problem.

You mean he's got a a collapsed trachea
from you jerkin and choking IT on accHOWENT
of you don't have the INTELLECT to HOWEtwit
the cunning of the domestic puppy dog.

> Vet says maybe infection,

What did the CULTURE say?

> maybe collapsed trachea (syndrome?) ,

You mean you nearly murdered your
little dog by jerkin and chokin IT.

> maybe temporary constriction from the harness we have.

BWEEEEHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

BLAME THE HARNESS FOR YOU CHOKIN YOUR DOG
on accHOWENT of you don't know HOWE to TRAIN IT.

"Greg M. Silverman"
<*M@no.umn.edu<mailto:gmsNOSPAM@no.umn.edu>>
wrote in message

Hey, Mr. Wizard, or Alchemist or whatever
your alias of the day is,

I have to say that our dog heels much better than
she did. This is after reading and implementing the
bit in your "Wits End" treatise. And she's a royal
nutter (but then again, aren't they all?).

Cheers! Greg

> We are aware of the trachea thing in toys ,

You think IT was chokin on a TOY?

> and had been using the harnesses
> (wide strapped , velcro numbers from
> chiwawagaga (.com) ) to minimize
> the risk of irritating his neck,

You mean to minimize the RISK of you
HURTIN IT by JERKING and CHOKING IT.

"Hennie van Dalen" <h.vandalen11***removethis***@chello.nl>
wrote in message news:TlsCb.2895$7U1.7896@amstwist00...

RTFM is age-old computer lingo.... It stands
for "Read The F***ing Manual" ;-) I used the
manual and it works very good!

But it is a long text to read (76 pages printed on
A4-size paper) My lab is 1year old now, and teaching
him something new takes about 30minutes
(depending on what to teach offcourse)

My other dog (a 7year old staffordshire terrier-mix) is a bit
slower in learning, but he is used to me calling him a "bad
dog"whenever he did something i didn't want him to do, or
it might be the age.

Sometimes it looks like Sam (the lab) WANTS to learn
something new: he wants me to bring along the can
filled with washers whenever we go for a walk. It is a
very "humane" way of teaching: the dog is allways a
"good dog", and never a "bad dog"

There is nu punishment or prong-collars involved.

For a fact i tought him to heel in 15min's without
beeing on a leach at-all !!! When he spotted a dog,
he used to run towards it, but now i tought him to "ask
permission" first, and to my surprise it worked!

My dogs never went to puppy-training (lucky for them),
maybe this helped too.

Manual can be found at http://www.doggydoright.com/id3.html

-- Hennie van Dalen www.chello.nl/~h.vandalen11
www.chello.nl/~h.vandalen11/fotografie/doggy-pictures/

> but now we want to find an even more
> gentle harness for him.

That so?

> So, does anyone here know of such a thing,
> ones that don't wrap around the neck, but
> perhaps go over the shoulders and down the
> chest to hook up, instead of crossing or joining
> at the neck ?.

Oh. You want the kind that chokes the body
instead of the throat. That's EZ. You want
the "no pull body harness" like lush aka
diane and her lying dog abusing mentally
ill punk thug coward pals prefer when they
don't have the INTELLECT to HOWEtwit
the cunning of the domestic puppy dog.

> Thanks,

You're welcome.

Date: 2004-07-27 16:11:33 PST

HOWEDY leah,

"Leah" <dfrntdrums@aol.comMURK-OFF> wrote in message
> >"Ryan's" donna_ryan@ns.sympatico.ca wrote:
>
> > I have tried both a head halter and a no pull body harness.

donna's FIVE YEAR posting history of health
temperament and behaivor problems REFLECTS
that...

> I think I've run into 1 or 2 dogs who respond to
> a no-pull harness. Madigan
> just rubbed her underarms raw on hers.

That's INSANE. Takes MINUTES to
leash train a dog not to pull.

> >Honestly,

BWEEEEHAHAHAHHAAA!!!

> > it was much easier to put out a little effort
> > and teach the dog to walk nice on leash.

THAT'S HOWE COME donna's dog barks
constantly while walking on lead.

> For some people/dogs, it's far
> more than a "little effort."

NO. A dog is a dog. Takes MINTUES
to train a dog not to pull on lead.

> I've seen people hospitalized because
> of their dog's pulling.

suja being WON of them and there's
been other incompetents here abHOWETS.

But most often it's just the DOG who
GETS HURT, and noWON really cares
or knows HOWE to CURE THAT problem.

> One woman who was enrolled in a
> class had to postpone it because her
> dog dislocated her shoulder.

Was she, by any chance, trying to restrain
her "GRADUATE STUDENT" Rottie who
just recently MURDERED a little dog in
the park?

> Madigan broke my finger, and more than
> once pulled me onto my face on concrete
> and also pulled the leash out of my hands.

Yeah. That's too bad. Ain't it. That wouldn't
happen if you knew HOWE to pupperly
handle the lead and CON-TROLL the dog
withHOWET HURTIN HIM.

> And she was under 35 pounds at the time.

BWEEAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

> Strong dogs who lunge and pull hard
> often need a tool to prevent the pulling
> before their owners can even begin
> training them safely.

That's a LIE. The Amazing Puppy Wizard
grew up handling Great Danes with temperament
and behavior problems and NEVER in forty years
has used a pronged spiked pinch choke or otherWIZE
tried to force or intimidate them.

> And since loose-leash walking isn't
> something most dogs learn overnight,

Right. They learn that in abHOWET fifteen minutes.

> but require a lot of practice, one has
> to keep in mind the safety issue.

IOW, you'll hurt and murder dogs to keep
your FEELINS from being UNSAFE.

"Ted Rumple" <rumplemint@kalbar.net> wrote in message

> Jerry, I am forever in your debt. The system you have
> created for training dogs is absolutely amazing!
>
> I can't wait until the new version is available for human
> children!
>
> Thank you for your service to humanity!

"The day may come when the rest of the animal
creation may acquire those rights which never
could have been withholden from them but by
the hand of tyranny. The question is not can
they REASON, nor can they TALK, but can
they SUFFER?" -- Jeremy Bentham

"Thank you for fighting the fine fight--even tho
it's a hopeless task, in this system of things.
As long as man is ruling man, there will be
animals (and humans!) abused and neglected. :-(
Your student," Juanita.

The Puppy Wizard sez "A dog is a dog as a child
is a child. They only respond in PREDICTABLE
NORMAL NATURAL INNATE INSTINCTIVE
REFLEXIVE ways to situations and circumstances
of their environment which we create for them.

ALL BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY
MISHANDLING. Damn The Descartean War of
"Nature Vs Nurture." We Teach By HOWER Words
And Actions And GET BACK What We TAUGHT.

In The Problem Animal Behavior BUSINESS
FAILURE MEANS DEATH. SAME SAME SAME
SAME, For The Problem Child Behavior BUSINESS.

"I'd call the SHOCK fence effective and safe.
Humane is one of those hot words that people
can debate all day so I won't touch that one.
There are people who would call a regular chain
link fence inhumane," liea altshuller.

"I know this is a hard subject to bring up without starting the
whole cruelty thread again so I'll state my opinion once and
won't defend it further: any method can be cruel for some
dogs.

Even the slightest punishment was wrong for Cubbe at the
beginning, but we've come a long way since then.She trusts
us now as I mentioned in a recent post. Point is, she's been
rewarded for coming, but she's never been punished, even in
the mildest way, for not coming.

Is it time for that?

What might I look for to tell?," liea altshuller.

"I posted this to rec.pets.dogs.health without
too much success. Things are beginning to
get much worse day by day and the vets seem
unable to help.
http://www.oofus.com/pix/PoorRufusMed.WMV
http://www.oofus.com/pix/PoorRufusSmall.WMV"

THAT'S AN OCD. His owner CAUSED IT by
MISHANDLING and ABUSING his dog according
to the BEST advice of HOWER Gang Of Lying
Dog Abusing Punk Thug Cowards And ACTIVE
LONG TERM INCURABLE MENTAL CASES and
ASYLUM ESCAPEES.

"If you talk with the animals, they will talk with you
and you will know each other.

If you do not talk to them, you will not know them,
and what you do not know you will fear.

What one fears, one destroys."
Chief Dan George

"(Also, it is best to killfile posts from
the few regulars here who are either ill-
tempered, ill-mannered, or just plain ill.),"
--Marshall

The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME is the perfect
synergy of love, pride, desire, self will, greed, ego,
fear, hate, arrogance, disbelief, jealousy, embarrassment,
embellishment, shame, guilt, anger, aversion, attraction,
revulsion, change, permanence, enlightenment, insult,
attrition, and conditioning.

It's the perfect fusion of The Word..., in the physical.

It's time for the dog training industry and the
universities who TEACH "behaiviorists" to DEFEND
THEIR METHODS against 100% NEAR INSTANT TOTAL
SUCCESS as PROVEN by the cHOWENTLESS NEARLY
INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual Student's REPORTS, after
they've TRIED ALL OTHER METHODS and FAILED.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress
can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
~ Mohandas Gandhi -- Adapted with permission from
his FREE copy of The Puppy Wizzzard's FREE Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual. <}TPW ; ~ ) >

All truth passes through three stages. First,
it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
-Arthur Schopenhauer

Force training JERRYIZES dogs, and GETS THEM DEAD.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts
and minds will follow,"
John Wayne.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

GOT MILK?

The Puppy Wizard
2004-08-08 01:55:24 EST
BWEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

YOU'RE A MENTAL CASE.

"Diana" <diana@fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Dar Shelton" <darshelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Allo...
> [..]
>
> > So, does anyone here know of such a thing, ones that don't
wrap around the
> neck, but
> > perhaps go over the shoulders and down the chest to hook up,
instead of
> crossing
> > or joining at the neck ?.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dar
> >

> Yup. the lupi harness. Dunno if you can get them in the US but
maybe they'll
> post... http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/lupi.php its a no pull
harness and
> can be adapted quite easily, but the weight bearing point is on
the chest
> rather than the neck. If they won't import (which would surprise
me) I have
> one for a large dog, which I can post you, for you to alter
yourself. its
> well worn though... certainly won't ever use it again though. I
used it as
> a no pull harness - which it did very well, but it made me lazy
& taught my
> big strong dog to pull & be undisciplined on lead.
>
> Diana (contact me via Cindy's website if you want it)
>

> --
> Cindy's web site
> http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

The Puppy Wizard
2004-08-08 01:55:58 EST
HOWEDY dar,

> Thanks, that looks like what I want.

You want to HURT your dog. But like
an abusive parent, you don't want to
GET CAUGHT by the doctor treatin
the injuries you inflict.

> Gotta find out if they have 'em small enough for Chi-s .

Perhaps if you just HURT HER GOOD WON TIME
you'll break her of pullin? That's HOWE the EXXXPERTS
do it.

> I found something at the store today that should work.

A length of clothesline?

> Good luck

"Luck is for SUCKERS. NEVER make a
SUCKER'S bet," The Puppy Wizard's DADDY.

> with you-know-who , people ;

You mean The Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

> it's pathetic , really .

INDEEDY. THAT'S HOWE COME ONLY MENTALLY
ILL LYING DOG ABUSING COWARDS POST HERE.

> This kind if crap is one good reason I
> mostly stay away from boards these days.

INDEED? NO COOKIE FOR YOU! You gotta
TRY HARDER at STAYIN away, DOG ABUSER.

> Besides , I have this amazing little DogBoy ;

You mean the WON you've jerked and
choked till you broke his freakin throat.

NHOWE you want to HURT him other ways.

> damn, he's a lot of fun .

Damn, you're a ignorant dog abusin mental case.

> Dar out. ( and gone)

BWEEEEHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!

GODDAMEND TOOTIN.

Subject: Re: HELP ! PLEASE!!!
Date: 2004-08-03 18:23:53 PST

HOWEDY martin,

"martin owen jones" <m.jones6@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> Hi All,

DECENT PEOPLE DO NOT POST HERE.

HOWEDY Brandy,

"Brandy Kurtz" <KraftyKurtzs@wmconnect.com> wrote in message

> Hello everyone!

CuriHOWES ain't it, that you're asking a health
forum abHOWET advice for a behavior problem.
Perhaps you shoulda directed your question to
rpdbehavior where all the behaviorISTS are?

> We have a 2 1/2 year old male dog,

A dog is a dog.

> and he suffers from severe seperation anxiety.

Separation anxiHOWESNESS has NUTHIN to
do with being alone, it's all abHOWET the CON-
TROLLER not being IN CONTROL. Same same
for fear of thunder and car sickness.

> When we go somewhere (anywhere, to the
> store, library, even for 5 minutes) we actually
> have to find a sitter for the dog.

Most separation anxiHOWESNESS can be
CURED NEARLY INSTANTLY, maybe faster:

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This (Destructive Separation
Anxiety). I've Suggested It To Quite A Few
Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY TIME
The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer, 33
Years Experience.

From: Chris Williams (k9apple@webtv.net)
Subject: Re: Thank you Jerry Howe
Date: 2002-03-26 08:16:19 PST

Engrossing account, Anthony. Our best to Angel
and your family.

A friend, who socializes the kittens I've taken
from a feral cat colony, is using the DDR.

She reports far fewer panic problems than
she's had before.

============================

Chris Williams writes:

"The FREE Wits' End Dog Training Method manual
I do find valuable. Much of it I recognize as what
I've always done without thinking of it as "training".
New stuff, I've used. His anchoring technique erased
the last of Mac's fireworks trauma,"

====================

Date: 2001-11-14 09:13:21 PST
"Yves Dussault" <ydussault@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Hi!
> I have downloaded Wit's End Dog Training Method...
> In there there is that trick with a toy about "Separation
> anxiety surrogate toy technique."
>
> Anybody has tried that... I would like to give it a try with
> my GSP (German shorthair.....pointer)
> Comments? Yves Dussault

Yves,

I for one have tried it... in fact I use this all the time. I
just used it last evening while my husband and I went
out to see "The Mummy Returns" (a horrible turkey of
a movie, but at least the house wasn't chewed from
end to end in the meantime).

Yes, it really works. :-) So do the other distraction/praise
techniques described therein.

If you are interested in the manual, you will probably want to
begin the exercises as well.

Regards,
Lisa

===========

> When we had him fixed,

Neutering / spaying is inapupriate unnecessary
surgical mutilation. S/N has NO benefits health
or otherWIZE and often CAUSES fear behaviors.

Who the heel told you to molest your dog like that?

> the vet told us that would help with his behavior,

Your vet is a FRAUD. He RIPPED YOU OFF to
line his own pockets at your and your dogs expense.

> but it hasn't at all.

Of curse not. That's SHEER IDIOCY.

If you want your money back you just TELL HIM
HE LIED to you and YOU GOT PROOF he's full
of CRAP and he can DISCUSS IT with The Amazing
Puppy Wizard IN COURT if he doesn't roll over
and ante up what he STOLE from you.

> If someone has any suggestions,

You WON'T be gettin no doggamend SUGGESTIONS
from this batch of mentally ill lying dog abusing cowards
who hurt and murder dogs and LIE abHOWET it.

> we would be greatly appreciative!

AS STATED.

> Background:

Keep your "backgrHOWEND." A DOG IS A DOG.
We don't gotta SEE a behavior or ANAL-yze the
dog's BEHAVIOR to KNOW HOWE to CURE ALL
BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS NEARLY INSTANTLY.

> We adopted him from the SPCA, he's a mix,
> and was taken from his mother way too early.

That's a load of crap to boot! Ain't NO SUCH THING.

> Thank you!

You won't be gettin no advice here EXXXCEPT
from The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual.

> Brandy

No thank you, The Amazing Puppy Wizard got
WORK to do IDENTIFYING EXXXPOSING and
DISCREDITING the lying dog abusing punk thug
cowards and active long term incurable MENTAL
CASES who'd LIE to you to preserve their alleged
RIGHT to HURT and MURDER dogs and PROTECT
their worthless miserable careers and undeserved
repuations.

> P.S. Plus he yanks and pulls when he is on the leash,

Don't start The Amazing Puppy Wizard AGAIN.

> KraftyKurtzs@wmconnect.com (Brandy Kurtz) wrote in message
>
> > Hello everyone! We have a 2 1/2 year old male
> > dog, and he suffers from severe seperation anxiety.
> > When we go somewhere (anywhere, to the store,
> > library, even for 5 minutes) we actually have to find
> > a sitter for the dog. Our usual sitter doesn't want to
> > do it anymore, and well we don't know how to help
> > him to stop this behavior. He barks very loudly (like
> > panicky), cries, claws at the doors and windows, etc.
> > When we had him fixed, the vet told us that would
> > help with his behavior, but it hasn't at all. If someone
> > has any suggestions, we would be greatly appreciative!
> > Background: We adopted him from the SPCA, he's a
> > mix, and was taken from his mother way too early.
> > Thank you!
> > Brandy
> > P.S. Plus he yanks and pulls when he is on the
> > leash, I actually had to wear a brace on my wrist
> > because I sprained it while walking him.
> > Help me!
>
> Well I just printed out the Amazing Puppy Wizard info,
> so I haven't actually started to train yet.
>
> Today a salesman knocked on the door, and Pokey
> was going balisstic. I calmly go to the window to see
> who it is, and off-handly say Good Boy, It's a stranger,
> Good Boy. Pokey shut right up, gave me a quizical
> look, and came and sat beside my feet! OMG, I could
> not believe it!
>
> I was totally floored, as this has been his
> behavior since a pup. Just wanted to update,
> and Pokey and I are hitting the sack...;)

Well THAT IS encouraging, AIN'T IT.

From: Marshall Dermer (dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
Subject: Re: Separation Anxiety and Dachshund
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.health
Date: 2004-02-17 19:27:49 PST

In article <1m3430hv9e73p8gsceh5i5jh1i12p1d4c4@4ax.com> Trooper2
<*m@aol.com> writes:
>Marshall,
>
>To be honest, he doesn't get quite as much exercise
>as he could. Howmuch of an impact does this make?
>Would walking him every evening after work have an
>impact on anxiety symptoms like the ones he's
>displaying? Thanks again for your response.

Why call them anxiety symptoms?

The only way to know whether this behavior is
controlled by exercise it to manipulate exercise
and see if the undesirable behavior is diminished
or eliminated.

The other clue is going to www.google.com and useing "Dachshund"
and "exercise" as key words in a search.

A few years ago, we cared for "Jackson," a 6-month
old minature Dachshund who was a "ball of energy"
compared to our 5-year old Havanese. I made it a
point to wear Jackson out every day by playing fetch,
"playing tug the rope," and other activities.

Given your pooch's behavior, I would avoid
"playing tug the rope," but I would give him
a long walk!

Let us know how this works.

--Marshall

From: AIMEE (countrygirl0334@yahoo.com)
Subject: House training and such...
Date: 2003-10-08 16:18:56 PST

I've been having a problem with my dog, Axel,
relieving himself in the house while I'm away
from home.

I've used TPW method's, and yesterday I was out
for 12 hours, and Axel didn't have one single "accident".

Today, I had hoped that the results would be just as
good - and they were (I was out for 11 hours).

The problem began when, as a puppy, Axel would
relieve himself in the house and I would point at the
mess and tell him "NO" or "Bad Dog".

That made him afraid to relieve himself in the house
or infront of me.

After I got TPW's training manual, I corrected my
mishandling of these instances.

When I came home to an "accident", I would simply
drop a can near the area and ask Axel "What's that?"
Then I would clean it up - with out showing him I was
the least bit upset about the mess, and when he looked
at the spot I would tell him "Good boy, you're a good dog".

This has been an ongoing problem, and thanks to the
Puppy Wizard, we've finally got it taken care of...

Also, Axel LOVES the cat's litter box...He enjoys the
"snacks" he can find in there...I followed TPW's methods
by alternating sounds and praising him while or before
he sticks his nose in it, and today, he's been going into
the room with the cat box and barking. That's because
he's thinking about getting into the box, but he knows he
shouldn't.

Thank you, Jerry, for all you help. You've been a
blessing to all of us.

AIMEE

===================

From: AIMEE (countrygirl0334@yahoo.com):

I own a black an tan coonhound. We got him
as a puppy, and due to constant mishandling
(pulling on his lead, negative corrections, and
the occasional use of a bark collar) I ended
up with a very anxious dog.

I couldn't leave him home alone, I couldn't
crate him, I couldn't even take my dog for
walks because he feared EVERYTHING.

I was going to have to get rid of him if things
didn't turn around.

My husband and I searched the internet for
answers - AND WE FOUND THE PUPPY WIZARD.

For all of you disbeliveers out there HIS METHODS WORK!

I've followed his manual, and we now have a
dog that can be left home alone, that heels
on command, that can go outside and NOT
be afraid of everything he sees.

Not only have his methods helped our dog, but
our marriage has gotten better. We had fallen
into a rut - constant bickering and tension, we
never laughed or had FUN together - but now,
with the same mindset used in THE PUPPY
WIZARDS dog training, our communications
channels have opened, and we now work
together instead of against one another.

For all the "Literalists" out there, NO WE DID
NOT TEACH EACH OTHER TO SIT, STAY,
OR HEEL.

We simply eliminated the nagging and the
acting out to get NEGATIVE attention from
one another since we weren't getting
the POSITIVE attention we wanted.

So, it's been proven - THE PUPPY WIZARDS
METHODS WORK.

It's up to you to accept them. Yes, there's alot
of blame that we have to accept, but once we
realize that we've caused these problems to
arise, we can strive to make things better.

AIMEE

=================

Mrs. Altman is the wife of a practicing psychiatrist
who has studied with The Puppy Wizard and endorses
HIS methods:

Subj: Fear of Thunder
Date: 6/29/02 6:07:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Jraltman
To: Witsenddog

Dear Jerry,

I hope you'll be able to post this message so more
people who are at their wit's end will be able to help
their dogs.

To review:

Our puppy was uncomfortable during thunder storms.
At the beginning of the problem, she paced restlessly
from room to room. She couldn't settle and sleep.

>From there the problem grew. She would run to the far
southeast corner of the house (which makes sense
because most storms here come from the northwest)
and she'd cower in the corner of the couch and shake.

!st attempt to help her:

I'd pick her up, brush and massage her (call me a nut -
I've sung to her when I've done her daily brushing since
she was tiny so of course I sang too) and when she
relaxed, I'd put her in her crate. She then slept and I
thought the problem was solved.

Traumatic event:

We were out in the park playing with one of her doggy
friends when it began to rain. On the way home, there
was the loudest, longest, thunder clap I've ever heard.

>From that day on, the problem got worse and worse.
I couldn't calm her with singing and massage. The fear
spread. She wouldn't go out if it was raining. No thunder,
just gently summer rain, and she wouldn't go out.

The solution:

I surfed the net and came across a free manual Wit's
End Dog Training Method and a product called Doggy
Do Right that seemed better than anything else I came
across.

A phone call to Jerry Howe, author of the manual and
Director of Research, Biosound Scientific, convince me
to try both the manual and the product.

Problem solved:

I followed Jerry's suggestions (more phone calls - he is
most generous with his time and advice). The first two
thunder storms my puppy was restless but not running
around in a blind panic.

The third storm, she barked her deep, stranger danger
bark after each clap of thunder. The fourth storm, she
seemed uneasy at first. Soon she was asleep at my
feet and she napped through the rest of the storm.

A miracle. I am endlessly grateful to Jerry
for his manual and his machine.

A word about Doggy Do Right. It is odd to buy a
machine that emits a sound I cannot hear. I took
the chance because Jerry offered a full refund
including shipping.

Though I heard nothing, my puppy clearly did. When
I first turned on the machine, she got the cutest, most
quizzical look on her face. She looked at me as if to
say: "What's that? I never heard that before."

She looks at the machine when it is on. She rests on the floor
beneath it. It is obvious from her behavior that she is aware
of its cycles.

Amazing.

Thank you Jerry.

=============

Anthony Testa was a US Army Patrol Dog handler in Nam:

=====================

> > In article <c603fe9c.0203260607.77c283ce@posting.google.com>,
> > testa52601@aol.com (Anthony Testa) wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Jerry, after reading some of the threads in the news
> > > group, I can't for the life of me understand why this
> > > many people are so dang blind or ignorant.
> > > You just keep plugging away at what you do,
> > > because you my friend are a life saver!!!
>
> > Okay, who the heck ARE you, really?
>
> Who am I? My real name is posted. The story you
> have read is true.
>
> We were at witts end, found Jerry's web page by
> happenstance, wrote to him almost exactly what you read, he
> gave me his suggestions, told me what my results would be
> including a time line and, you know what? He was and still
> is, right on the money.
>
> I don't care if he's a warlock, a professor, disgruntled
> Entomologist, or a man with a niche that makes the sciences
> itchy, he saved the day AND a dog's life.
>
> We were given suggestions from Medication, to a Behavioral
> Specialist. I decided that instead of creating a Jerry
> Garcia or pay 125.00 dollars an hour for my dog to lay on a
> couch to be freudiated, I decided Jerry Howe's method seemed
> to be more humane and serene. It worked, end of story.
>
> A. Testa

My student Anthony summed it all up: