Research Discussion: Hey Baby..Give Me Some Toe

Hey Baby..Give Me Some Toe

A 55-year-old woman in the Netherlands visited the doctor with an
unusual complaint: She experienced unwanted orgasms that started in her
foot, according to a new report of her case.

~~~Harlow's Notes: WTF is an 'unwanted' orgasm?

The orgasmic sensations — which occurred in her left foot — were sudden,
not brought on by sexual desire or thoughts, and occurred about five to
six times a day, the report said. The sensation traveled up her left leg
to her vagina, and she said the experience felt exactly like an orgasm
achieved during sex.

These orgasms were very embarrassing and worrying to the woman, said
study author Dr. Marcel D. Waldinger, who treated the woman and is a
neuropsychiatrist and professor in sexual psychopharmacology at Utrecht
University in the Netherlands.

"She felt terrible about it," Waldinger said.
Magnetic resonance images (MRI scans) of the woman's brain and her foot
showed no abnormalities, although another test revealed some differences
between the nerves of her left and right feet, Waldinger told
LiveScience. Stimulating her left foot with an electric current induced
a spontaneous orgasmin that foot, he said.

The woman was treated with an injection of anesthetic into one of her
spinal nerves — the nerve that receives sensory information from the
foot — and the orgasms stopped completely. The woman has not had any
foot orgasms for eight months now, although she might need to return for
another anesthetic injection if her symptoms return, Waldinger said.
The researchers believe the phenomenon was the result of a sort of
mix-up in the brain.

About a year and half before the foot orgasms started, the woman spent
three weeks in an intensive care unit — part of the time, in a coma —
because of a sepsis infection. When she came out of the coma, she had
tingling and burning sensations in her left foot, likely as a result of
damage to tiny nerve fibers in the foot, Waldingersaid.

Interestingly, the nerve that registers sensory information from the
foot enters the spinal cord at the same level as the nerve that
registers sensory information from the vagina, Waldingersaid. Because of
nerve damage in her foot, the woman's brain did not receive sensory
information from her foot, but it did receive sensory information from
the vagina.

After a year and a half, the nerve in the foot regenerated. When that
happened, the researchers believe "the brain could not anymore
differentiate between the foot and the vagina. So that it decided that
every stimulus coming from the foot was actually coming from the
vagina," Waldinger said. "And that means an orgasmic feeling," in the
foot, he said.

The researchers called the woman's disorder "foot orgasm syndrome," and
it is the only known case of its kind. (A foot orgasm has previously
been reported in a man with a foot amputation).

Waldinger thinks there may be other people who have the condition, but
are too embarrassed to talk about it. Waldinger wanted to publish the
case report in part to reduce the stigma surrounding such conditions.
"It's not psychological," Waldinger said. "It’s a neurological thing —
we can explain it, we can treat it."

Waldinger is hoping to hear from more people who may have a similar
condition, and has made a website for people to contact him
The study was published online June 19 in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.

On 6/28/2013 12:59 PM, palsing wrote:
> On Friday, June 28, 2013 9:51:58 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
>
>> ~~~Harlow's Notes: WTF is an 'unwanted' orgasm?
>

> So, it seems there was this lady on an airplane, and every time she sneezed she got this vacant look on her face, got slightly sweaty, and her face and neck flushed. And, she sneezed a lot.
>
> The guy next to her noticed all of this and asked her if everything was OK.
>
> She answered, "I have this very unusual condition, every time I sneeze I have this wild orgasm".
>
> He said, "Are you taking anything for it?"
>
> She answered, "Pepper"...

Hahaha! Funny~

Little known fact that some people (me) have a condition where if they
think about and fantasize about sex, they sneeze.

I read an article about in in Psychology Today and I realized that I
wasn't some sort of weird, bizarre, sneezing sexual pervert.

I was a victim.

Smiler
2013-06-28 21:14:33 EST
On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:51:58 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> A 55-year-old woman in the Netherlands visited the doctor with an unusual
> complaint: She experienced unwanted orgasms that started in her foot,
> according to a new report of her case.
>

> ~~~Harlow's Notes: WTF is an 'unwanted' orgasm?

<snip medical treatment>

They should have hooked her up with a foot fetishist.

--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

On 6/28/2013 9:14 PM, Smiler wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:51:58 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>
>> A 55-year-old woman in the Netherlands visited the doctor with an unusual
>> complaint: She experienced unwanted orgasms that started in her foot,
>> according to a new report of her case.
>>

>> ~~~Harlow's Notes: WTF is an 'unwanted' orgasm?
>>

> <snip medical treatment>
>
> They should have hooked her up with a foot fetishist.

Win/Win

Smiler
2013-06-29 17:57:28 EST
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 07:41:56 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> On 6/28/2013 9:14 PM, Smiler wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:51:58 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>>
>>> A 55-year-old woman in the Netherlands visited the doctor with an
>>> unusual complaint: She experienced unwanted orgasms that started in her
>>> foot, according to a new report of her case.
>>>

>>> ~~~Harlow's Notes: WTF is an 'unwanted' orgasm?
>>>

>> <snip medical treatment>
>>
>> They should have hooked her up with a foot fetishist.
>

> Win/Win

Yep. Two happy people.

--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

"HVAC" wrote in message news:kqkek8$v56$1@dont-email.me...

A 55-year-old woman in the Netherlands visited the doctor with an
unusual complaint: She experienced unwanted orgasms that started in her
foot, according to a new report of her case.

~~~Harlow's Notes: WTF is an 'unwanted' orgasm?

*** Perhaps if you consider a "Harlow Brain Fart" it'll eventually
come to you ... but I don't think you're that swift ... if you do need
help ... treBert is waiting for your call, to 'splain it to ya, douche.

On 6/29/2013 8:54 PM, Hägar wrote:

> *** Perhaps if you consider a "Harlow Brain Fart" it'll eventually
> come to you ... but I don't think you're that swift ... if you do need
> help ... treBert is waiting for your call, to 'splain it to ya, douche.

At least Bert is an American

"HVAC" wrote in message news:kqp5vn$q8u$1@dont-email.me...

On 6/29/2013 8:54 PM, Hägar wrote:

> *** Perhaps if you consider a "Harlow Brain Fart" it'll eventually
> come to you ... but I don't think you're that swift ... if you do need
> help ... treBert is waiting for your call, to 'splain it to ya, douche.

At least Bert is an American

***You know Harlow, that's about as desperate as that good old
Liberal standby "It's a Right-Wing conspiracy". When losers like
you (alas, I had given you way too much credit in the IQ dept.),
have to resort to air biscuits and fantasy raves, then your mental
health has pretty much been exposed.

On 6/30/2013 10:46 AM, Hägar wrote:

> At least Bert is an American
>

> ***You know Harlow, that's about as desperate as that good old
> Liberal standby "It's a Right-Wing conspiracy". When losers like
> you (alas, I had given you way too much credit in the IQ dept.),
> have to resort to air biscuits and fantasy raves, then your mental
> health has pretty much been exposed.

Aww! Did I hurt its widdle feelings?

"HVAC" wrote in message news:kqq9mh$rvt$1@dont-email.me...

On 6/30/2013 10:46 AM, Hägar wrote:

> At least Bert is an American
>

> ***You know Harlow, that's about as desperate as that good old
> Liberal standby "It's a Right-Wing conspiracy". When losers like
> you (alas, I had given you way too much credit in the IQ dept.),
> have to resort to air biscuits and fantasy raves, then your mental
> health has pretty much been exposed.

Aww! Did I hurt its widdle feelings?

*** You ??? bwahahahah .. you really are full of yourself,
aren't you, little boi ...
Have you ever thought of giving growing up a shot ??
What am I talking about ... you ship sailed long ago ...