Research Discussion: Harlow, How Did You Become The Moderator ???

Harlow, How Did You Become The Moderator ???

For the benefit of all Astronomy NGers, could you regale us again
with that good old tale of how you became "Da Moderator" ???

I know there are some rules as well ... what are the chances of
you listing them, since you seem to believe that you're in charge,
since you seem to be an "I'm in charge" kind of guy. They taught
you that in Nam, didn't they ... to bad you lost.

Your pal, Hägar (the ä even has an Umlaut, which might be helpful
to ICE in tracking me down)

David Staup
2013-06-09 20:55:15 EST
On 6/9/2013 7:39 PM, Hägar wrote:
> For the benefit of all Astronomy NGers, could you regale us again
> with that good old tale of how you became "Da Moderator" ???
>
> I know there are some rules as well ... what are the chances of
> you listing them, since you seem to believe that you're in charge,
> since you seem to be an "I'm in charge" kind of guy. They taught
> you that in Nam, didn't they ... to bad you lost.
>
> Your pal, Hägar (the ä even has an Umlaut, which might be helpful
> to ICE in tracking me down)

damn, going down hill fast there dude

On 6/9/2013 8:39 PM, Hägar wrote:
> For the benefit of all Astronomy NGers, could you regale us again
> with that good old tale of how you became "Da Moderator" ???

Back in the day when newsgroups were first formed, they were looking for
moderators with impeccable credentials, so naturally I was chosen.

I run things here and in the other groups I moderate with a laissez
faire attitude. It's only very rarely that I have to step in and kick
someone.

> I know there are some rules as well ... what are the chances of
> you listing them, since you seem to believe that you're in charge,
> since you seem to be an "I'm in charge" kind of guy. They taught
> you that in Nam, didn't they ... to bad you lost.

America's involvement in Vietnam eventually led to the downfall of the
USSR and the tearing down the wall in your home country of Germany. So,
in that sense, we won. Sucks to be you, eh?

And I was never in charge. I was a Spec 5 when I got out. The crew
chiefs ran everything. They even told the pilots what to do.

> Your pal, Hägar (the ä even has an Umlaut, which might be helpful
> to ICE in tracking me down)

Sorry, I don't speak Pig Latin.

"David Staup" wrote in message news:kp37sp$5pq$1@dont-email.me...

On 6/9/2013 7:39 PM, Hägar wrote:
> For the benefit of all Astronomy NGers, could you regale us again
> with that good old tale of how you became "Da Moderator" ???
>
> I know there are some rules as well ... what are the chances of
> you listing them, since you seem to believe that you're in charge,
> since you seem to be an "I'm in charge" kind of guy. They taught
> you that in Nam, didn't they ... to bad you lost.
>
> Your pal, Hägar (the ä even has an Umlaut, which might be helpful
> to ICE in tracking me down)

damn, going down hill fast there dude

***You and HVAC a tag team, Dust bunny ???
Pretty much following the Goth/Bast model, echoing each
inane rants ...

David Staup
2013-06-10 10:31:38 EST
On 6/10/2013 7:39 AM, Hägar wrote:

> "David Staup" wrote in message news:kp37sp$5pq$1@dont-email.me...
>
> On 6/9/2013 7:39 PM, Hägar wrote:
>> For the benefit of all Astronomy NGers, could you regale us again
>> with that good old tale of how you became "Da Moderator" ???
>>
>> I know there are some rules as well ... what are the chances of
>> you listing them, since you seem to believe that you're in charge,
>> since you seem to be an "I'm in charge" kind of guy. They taught
>> you that in Nam, didn't they ... to bad you lost.
>>
>> Your pal, Hägar (the ä even has an Umlaut, which might be helpful
>> to ICE in tracking me down)
>

> damn, going down hill fast there dude
>

> ***You and HVAC a tag team, Dust bunny ???
> Pretty much following the Goth/Bast model, echoing each
> inane rants ...

poor baby

weak retort dude....childish actually

Bast
2013-06-10 14:17:37 EST

H\ufffdgar wrote:
> "David Staup" wrote in message news:kp37sp$5pq$1@dont-email.me...
>
> On 6/9/2013 7:39 PM, H\ufffdgar wrote:
>> For the benefit of all Astronomy NGers, could you regale us again
>> with that good old tale of how you became "Da Moderator" ???
>>
>> I know there are some rules as well ... what are the chances of
>> you listing them, since you seem to believe that you're in charge,
>> since you seem to be an "I'm in charge" kind of guy. They taught
>> you that in Nam, didn't they ... to bad you lost.
>>
>> Your pal, H\ufffdgar (the \ufffd even has an Umlaut, which might be helpful
>> to ICE in tracking me down)
>

> damn, going down hill fast there dude
>

> ***You and HVAC a tag team, Dust bunny ???
> Pretty much following the Goth/Bast model, echoing each
> inane rants ...

Not only stupid but totally inacurate, if you have seen any of my posts
about the second ammendment

Or are you referring to our "conspiracy theories" that Big Brother is spying
on everyone,....oh wait,....NSA now says that was TRUE, for decades.
Or my claims that all political parties are run by the same puppetmasters.
Wait until you learn the truth about 9/11.

On 6/10/2013 2:17 PM, Bast wrote:

> Or are you referring to our "conspiracy theories" that Big Brother is spying
> on everyone,....oh wait,....NSA now says that was TRUE, for decades.

It's not REALLY spying. It's simply gathering information and then
filtering it using a very advanced AI. It's for your protection, Blast.

And exactly HOW is this news? I've been telling you that this has been
going on for years. Start paying attention. FOCUS.

You're welcome.

"David Staup" wrote in message news:kp4nng$t9s$1@dont-email.me...

On 6/10/2013 7:39 AM, Hägar wrote:

> "David Staup" wrote in message news:kp37sp$5pq$1@dont-email.me...
>
> On 6/9/2013 7:39 PM, Hägar wrote:
>> For the benefit of all Astronomy NGers, could you regale us again
>> with that good old tale of how you became "Da Moderator" ???
>>
>> I know there are some rules as well ... what are the chances of
>> you listing them, since you seem to believe that you're in charge,
>> since you seem to be an "I'm in charge" kind of guy. They taught
>> you that in Nam, didn't they ... to bad you lost.
>>
>> Your pal, Hägar (the ä even has an Umlaut, which might be helpful
>> to ICE in tracking me down)
>

> damn, going down hill fast there dude
>

> ***You and HVAC a tag team, Dust bunny ???
> Pretty much following the Goth/Bast model, echoing each
> inane rants ...

poor baby

weak retort dude....childish actually

***I'm a quick learned, "Dust" bunny and you're an excellent teacher.

"HVAC" wrote in message news:kp48ug$fbk$1@dont-email.me...

On 6/9/2013 8:39 PM, Hägar wrote:
> For the benefit of all Astronomy NGers, could you regale us again
> with that good old tale of how you became "Da Moderator" ???

Back in the day when newsgroups were first formed, they were looking for
moderators with impeccable credentials, so naturally I was chosen.

*** Who is "they", HardBlow ... you're fantasizing again ...

I run things here and in the other groups I moderate with a laissez
faire attitude. It's only very rarely that I have to step in and kick
someone.

***So let me see you exercise your magical "powers", like barring someone
via your imagined "authority", as it were ...

> I know there are some rules as well ... what are the chances of
> you listing them, since you seem to believe that you're in charge,
> since you seem to be an "I'm in charge" kind of guy. They taught
> you that in Nam, didn't they ... to bad you lost.

America's involvement in Vietnam eventually led to the downfall of the
USSR and the tearing down the wall in your home country of Germany. So, in
that sense, we won. Sucks to be you, eh?

*** So I'm a German illegal, or was it an Arab, or was it simply an Illegal
??? Perhaps you should stop abusing yourself, HardBlow, your pea brain is
taking a toll ...
PS: the "iron curtain" came down because the Russkies went broke. Had
nothing to do with you guys stealing out of Viet Nam with your tails betwixt
your legs ... they certainly made enough kick-ass movies, glorifying you
losers, for such a wimpy end to the "conflict". With guys like you, D-Day
would have never happened and probably will never happen again, HardBlow.
So before you try to turn that around ... I was drafted ... you, on the
other hand, signed up. I made SP4 in 18 months ... you made SP5 in 48 ...
there's your answer.

And I was never in charge. I was a Spec 5 when I got out. The crew
chiefs ran everything. They even told the pilots what to do.

> Your pal, Hägar (the ä even has an Umlaut, which might be helpful
> to ICE in tracking me down)

Sorry, I don't speak Pig Latin.

*** that's surprising ... I thought all pigs did ...

David Staup
2013-06-10 21:56:10 EST
On 6/10/2013 7:50 PM, Hägar wrote:

> "David Staup" wrote in message news:kp4nng$t9s$1@dont-email.me...
>
> On 6/10/2013 7:39 AM, Hägar wrote:
>>

>> "David Staup" wrote in message news:kp37sp$5pq$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> On 6/9/2013 7:39 PM, Hägar wrote:
>>> For the benefit of all Astronomy NGers, could you regale us again
>>> with that good old tale of how you became "Da Moderator" ???
>>>
>>> I know there are some rules as well ... what are the chances of
>>> you listing them, since you seem to believe that you're in charge,
>>> since you seem to be an "I'm in charge" kind of guy. They taught
>>> you that in Nam, didn't they ... to bad you lost.
>>>
>>> Your pal, Hägar (the ä even has an Umlaut, which might be helpful
>>> to ICE in tracking me down)
>>

>> damn, going down hill fast there dude
>>

>> ***You and HVAC a tag team, Dust bunny ???
>> Pretty much following the Goth/Bast model, echoing each
>> inane rants ...
>>
> poor baby
>
> weak retort dude....childish actually
>

> ***I'm a quick learned, "Dust" bunny and you're an excellent teacher.

you are a quick learned???

I guess that didn't apply in english comp.

chuckle, actually the german word for dust is staub

and I learned, oh I don't know in the 6th grade, that name calling is
the mark of a weak intellect...sticks and stones LOL

however I will make an exception here

you are goofy II

chuckle