Research Discussion: "I Am Not A Crook"

"I Am Not A Crook"

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

The chorus of comparisons between President Obama and the only president
to resign in disgrace is growing by the day, as the administration’s
scandals appear to pile up.
Whether the comparisons are fair or not, columnist George Will perhaps
led the charge -- after citing the Article of Impeachment against
President Nixon in an opinion piece this week.
Will recalled the line: "He has, acting personally and through his
subordinates and agents, endeavored to cause, in violation of the
constitutional rights of citizens, income tax audits or other income tax
investigations to be initiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner."

Scores of websites and blogs have since invoked the Nixon comparison, as
did Sen. Orrin Hatch, who speaking to reporters about the IRS scandal
said Tuesday, "I've never seen anything quite like this, except in the
past during the Nixon years."
The Boston Herald's front page on Tuesday was also emblazoned with the
headline, "I Know Nothing," with a sub-headline reading:
"(coincidentally, that's what Nixon said.)”

The president is dealing with several scandals at once, including the
fallout from the Benghazi terror attack, the Justice Department’s
seizing of phone records from the Associated Press and the IRS’ program
of singling out Tea Party and other groups for scrutiny.
While Obama has called the IRS targeting of conservatives "outrageous,"
and late Wednesday announced the resignation of acting IRS Commissioner
Steven Miller, investigations are just now getting under way.
There is no evidence, as of yet, that the scandal leads to the Oval
Office. But the comparisons to Nixon are inevitable. While the disgraced
Nixon did, indeed, use the IRS to target political enemies, he may have
been seeking to avenge friends and supporters who, themselves, had been
targeted by the IRS in earlier presidencies -- among them Elvis
Presley, Billy Graham and John Wayne.
Regardless of the motive, one thing separates today’s IRS from that of
earlier administrations -- its technological capability.
The IRS's mainframe computer in Martinsburg, W.Va., is among the world’s
most powerful. As of October 2010, the Internal Revenue Service had the
capability to sift through emailing patterns associated with millions of
individual Internet addresses.

The IRS continues to collect tax data, but they also are now acquiring
huge volumes of personal information on taxpayers’ digital activities,
from eBay auctions, Facebook posts, and, for the first time ever, credit
card and e-payment transaction records.
And unlike in the Nixon administration, the IRS is, under the Obama
Administration, set to expand its workforce by 15,000 to collect health
information in accordance with provisions of the president's Affordable
Care Act by the end of this year.

Jennifer Stefano, a member of Americans for Prosperity -- who gave up
her own quest to form a Tea Party group with friends in 2010 after the
IRS threatened to examine her emails, Facebook and Twitter accounts --
voiced concern of a scenario that was perhaps more Orwellian than Nixonian.

“What my concern is, is that four years after the IRS has expanded to
police the nation's health care law, how many stories of abuse are going
to emerge from this and what will be the impact? It will be far greater
than sidelining political voices. It will affect their lives and their
health. This is wrong,” she said.

Helmut Wabnig --- -.dotat>
2013-05-16 07:12:18 EST
On Thu, 16 May 2013 06:58:19 -0400, HVAC <harlowcampbell@gmail.com>
wrote shit.

Can you discuss that in your milk-bar at home.
Usenet is international and nobody here cares for your president.

w.

On 5/16/2013 7:12 AM, Helmut Wabnig wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2013 06:58:19 -0400, HVAC <harlowcampbell@gmail.com>
> wrote shit.
>

> Can you discuss that in your milk-bar at home.
> Usenet is international and nobody here cares for your president.

Request denied.

On May 16, 4:12 am, Helmut Wabnig <hwabnig@.- --- -.dotat> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2013 06:58:19 -0400, HVAC <harlowcampb...@gmail.com>
> wrote shit.
>
> Can you discuss that in your milk-bar at home.

Is that a _Clockwork Orange_ reference?

> Usenet is international and nobody here cares for your president.

It sets a precedent for other governments.

Mark L. Fergerson

G=EMC^2
2013-05-16 15:08:46 EST
On May 16, 6:58 am, HVAC <harlowcampb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> card and e-payment transaction records.
> And unlike in the Nixon administration, the IRS is, under the Obama
> Administration, set to expand its workforce by 15,000 to collect health
> information in accordance with provisions of the president's Affordable
> Care Act by the end of this year.
>
> Jennifer Stefano, a member of Americans for Prosperity -- who gave up
> her own quest to form a Tea Party group with friends in 2010 after the
> IRS threatened to examine her emails, Facebook and Twitter accounts --
> voiced concern of a scenario that was perhaps more Orwellian than Nixonian.
>
> What my concern is, is that four years after the IRS has expanded to
> police the nation's health care law, how many stories of abuse are going
> to emerge from this and what will be the impact? It will be far greater
> than sidelining political voices. It will affect their lives and their

Biggest crookswho ever lived are Nixon + Bush + Cheney Now its
corporations that Godfather owns. Think Charter,Severn Trent Avatar
Progress Energy,and you will get the pucture. Trebert

On 5/16/2013 3:08 PM, G=EMC^2 wrote:

> Biggest crookswho ever lived are Nixon + Bush + Cheney Now its
> corporations that Godfather owns. Think Charter,Severn Trent Avatar
> Progress Energy,and you will get the pucture. Trebert

Anyone that thinks that Obama deserves a pass on this is an absolute
moron and should not be allowed to exist.

"G=EMC^2" <herbertglazier0@gmail.com> babbled in message

< snip useless Liberal drivel >

... Think Charter,Severn Trent Avatar
Progress Energy,and you will get the pucture. Trebert

*** So all these companies which provide services to which you voluntarily
subscribe, are the bad guys, because they expect deadbeats like yourself to
actually pay for services rendered ???

No wonder they ran your sorry ass out of Florida and Sheriff Bob Hansell is
still on the lookout for your cadaver for not paying your water bill ...

Can't wait to see what Oh'Bummer's death panel does with your decrepit ass

Benj
2013-05-16 17:29:32 EST
On Thu, 16 May 2013 16:56:19 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> On 5/16/2013 3:08 PM, G=EMC^2 wrote:
>>

>> Biggest crookswho ever lived are Nixon + Bush + Cheney Now its
>> corporations that Godfather owns. Think Charter,Severn Trent Avatar
>> Progress Energy,and you will get the pucture. Trebert
>

> Anyone that thinks that Obama deserves a pass on this is an absolute
> moron and should not be allowed to exist.

Come on HArlow. Treeb is very clever. More clever than low wit you.

Everybody knows that Obama has his hands tied by the the problems created
by the Bushites. All problems in the Obama administration can be traced
back to Bushites. But you toothless trailer trash just continue to ignore
the truth and go for violence! I presume many of those young girls you
like are actually cousins...

On 5/16/2013 5:29 PM, benj wrote:

>> Anyone that thinks that Obama deserves a pass on this is an absolute
>> moron and should not be allowed to exist.
>
> Come on HArlow. Treeb is very clever. More clever than low wit you.
>
> Everybody knows that Obama has his hands tied by the the problems created
> by the Bushites. All problems in the Obama administration can be traced
> back to Bushites. But you toothless trailer trash just continue to ignore
> the truth and go for violence! I presume many of those young girls you
> like are actually cousins...

I stand by my statement, but I do accept your apology.

Benj
2013-05-16 21:58:50 EST
On Thu, 16 May 2013 20:25:11 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> On 5/16/2013 5:29 PM, benj wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone that thinks that Obama deserves a pass on this is an absolute
>>> moron and should not be allowed to exist.
>>
>> Come on HArlow. Treeb is very clever. More clever than low wit you.
>>
>> Everybody knows that Obama has his hands tied by the the problems
>> created by the Bushites. All problems in the Obama administration can
>> be traced back to Bushites. But you toothless trailer trash just
>> continue to ignore the truth and go for violence! I presume many of
>> those young girls you like are actually cousins...
>

> I stand by my statement, but I do accept your apology.

Oh, I forgot to add: No offense.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)