Research Discussion: Pixie Porn

Pixie Porn

Harlow's Notes: I've had a thing for Tinkerbell since I was a kid.
Hope no one finds out...

````````````````````

Chances are, you've never seen, or even heard of, "pixie porn" (it's not
a huge market).

Unless it's specifically your thing, you're probably not missing out on
much: It depicts juvenile-looking fantasy creatures (like elves or
fairies) engaging in sexual congress.

All images are drawn, and involve no real children (or pixies)
whatsoever, but one New Zealand man has been jailed for possessing it,
and if you own any images, you could be, too.

The story, which first broke in late April, goes like this: Ronald Clark
from Auckland, New Zealand, is a convicted sex offender who did his time
in various rehab programs.

Law enforcement discovered images of childlike pixies performing
decidedly adult acts in Clark's manga (Japanese comics) and hentai
(manga's pornographic counterpart) on Clark's computer, which he had
acquired online. The net result: a three-month stay in jail.

Few rational people would dispute the idea that child pornography is a
particularly loathsome aspect of modern culture, but pixie porn isn't as
clear-cut.

The characters involved are not human and, consequently, are often not
technically children. Furthermore, the images spring from the mind of an
artist rather than from the exploitation of real minors.

Photographing a child with sexual intent is harmful on a number of
levels. But what about drawing an image of a nonhuman who looks like a
child?

End Child Prostitution and Trafficking (ECPAT) is a global group of
activists opposed to child pornography in every form — even when it's
not, strictly speaking, child pornography.

"This material falls under the New Zealand legislation [against child
pornography] and is illegal regardless of the defense case," Alan Bell,
the director of ECPAT's chapter in Auckland, New Zealand, told
TechNewsDaily. "Sometimes the use of wording such as 'pixies and elves'
or 'comics' in relation to offensive material can be misleading and
trivialize the serious issue of objectionable material being produced
and distributed."

Bell acknowledges that pixie porn is not harmful in and of itself, but
believes that it can act as a gateway to seeking out real child
pornography, or even acting on pedophilic desires.

"In our experience, any material that depicts sexual exploitation of
children should not be made available," he said. "Although drawings and
cartoons depicting child sexual abuse may be at the lower level of
offending, these images and the sexualization of children generally
could lead to stimulating an interest in other child sex abuse images
where the victims are real."

Charles Brownstein, the executive director of the New York City-based
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (CBLDF) advocacy group, disagrees vehemently.

"This case represents merely the latest in a recent history of
prosecutors attacking individuals for the possession of expressive art
using laws that are designed to prevent the abuse and exploitation of
real people," he told TechNewsDaily.

The "recent history" Brownstein referenced began in 2003, with the
passage of the PROTECT (Prosecutorial Remedies and Other Tools to end
the Exploitation of Children Today) Act in the United States.

"It's a problematic law," he said. "Half of it was great: [it gave us]
AMBER (America's Missing: Broadcasting Emergency Response) Alert [to
find missing children] and tougher remedies to prosecute child sex
tourism. The other half targeted expressive content, and has been used
to lock people away for possession of artwork." [See also: 10 Worst
Internet Laws In the World]

One area where Bell and Brownstein agree is that the artwork in question
is generally distasteful and even disturbing.

"Some cartoons and hentai material are quite grotesque and offensive,
and obviously the courts decided that the material in question was
objectionable when they passed [Clark's] sentence," said Bell.

Brownstein holds that pixie porn, however disagreeable, is still art,
and art deserves protection under the First Amendment (in the United
States; the legal situation in New Zealand is different).

"The important thing here is that one needn't like nor approve of the
content or substance of expressive art, but the fact remains, it is
expressive art. It is not criminal behavior," said Brownstein.

"HVAC" <harlowcampbell@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Harlow's Notes: I've had a thing for Tinkerbell since I was a kid.
> Hope no one finds out...
>
> ````````````````````
>

> Chances are, you've never seen, or even heard of, "pixie porn" (it's not a
> huge market).
>
> Unless it's specifically your thing, you're probably not missing out on
> much: It depicts juvenile-looking fantasy creatures (like elves or
> fairies) engaging in sexual congress.

Isn't "Sexual Congress" the same thing that the US Congress has been
doing for a while now, namely "Fucking the People" ??

Benj
2013-05-10 17:00:33 EST
On Thu, 09 May 2013 07:09:56 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> Brownstein holds that pixie porn, however disagreeable, is still art,
> and art deserves protection under the First Amendment (in the United
> States; the legal situation in New Zealand is different).
>
> "The important thing here is that one needn't like nor approve of the
> content or substance of expressive art, but the fact remains, it is
> expressive art. It is not criminal behavior," said Brownstein.

Bad news. Harlow. All your "pixie porn" as well as all those other kiddie
porn computer graphic that you've been arguing aren't real children are
all illegal. Once a reporter gets wind of your collection on a government
terminal and your ass is grass.

On 5/10/2013 5:00 PM, benj wrote:
> On Thu, 09 May 2013 07:09:56 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>
>> Brownstein holds that pixie porn, however disagreeable, is still art,
>> and art deserves protection under the First Amendment (in the United
>> States; the legal situation in New Zealand is different).
>>
>> "The important thing here is that one needn't like nor approve of the
>> content or substance of expressive art, but the fact remains, it is
>> expressive art. It is not criminal behavior," said Brownstein.
>
> Bad news. Harlow. All your "pixie porn" as well as all those other kiddie
> porn computer graphic that you've been arguing aren't real children are
> all illegal. Once a reporter gets wind of your collection on a government
> terminal and your ass is grass.

Well, I consider any 'porn' using Tinkerbell as the epitome of
desecration. Some people misconstrue the spanking Tinkerbell received
from Peter Pan, but he was just trying to get her to squirt some pixie
dust is all....

Benj
2013-05-10 18:09:34 EST
On Fri, 10 May 2013 18:05:00 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> On 5/10/2013 5:00 PM, benj wrote:
>> On Thu, 09 May 2013 07:09:56 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>>
>>> Brownstein holds that pixie porn, however disagreeable, is still art,
>>> and art deserves protection under the First Amendment (in the United
>>> States; the legal situation in New Zealand is different).
>>>
>>> "The important thing here is that one needn't like nor approve of the
>>> content or substance of expressive art, but the fact remains, it is
>>> expressive art. It is not criminal behavior," said Brownstein.
>>
>> Bad news. Harlow. All your "pixie porn" as well as all those other
>> kiddie porn computer graphic that you've been arguing aren't real
>> children are all illegal. Once a reporter gets wind of your collection
>> on a government terminal and your ass is grass.
>
> Well, I consider any 'porn' using Tinkerbell as the epitome of
> desecration. Some people misconstrue the spanking Tinkerbell received
> from Peter Pan, but he was just trying to get her to squirt some pixie
> dust is all....

Like I said, Harlow...better use that military grade data-wipe on the
hard drive...

%
2013-05-10 18:40:25 EST
HVAC wrote:
> On 5/10/2013 5:00 PM, benj wrote:
>> On Thu, 09 May 2013 07:09:56 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>>
>>> Brownstein holds that pixie porn, however disagreeable, is still
>>> art, and art deserves protection under the First Amendment (in the
>>> United States; the legal situation in New Zealand is different).
>>>
>>> "The important thing here is that one needn't like nor approve of
>>> the content or substance of expressive art, but the fact remains,
>>> it is expressive art. It is not criminal behavior," said Brownstein.
>>
>> Bad news. Harlow. All your "pixie porn" as well as all those other
>> kiddie porn computer graphic that you've been arguing aren't real
>> children are all illegal. Once a reporter gets wind of your
>> collection on a government terminal and your ass is grass.
>
> Well, I consider any 'porn' using Tinkerbell as the epitome of
> desecration. Some people misconstrue the spanking Tinkerbell received
> from Peter Pan, but he was just trying to get her to squirt some pixie
> dust is all....

yap thinks everything is pixie he's obsessed with the word

On 5/10/2013 6:09 PM, benj wrote:

>> Well, I consider any 'porn' using Tinkerbell as the epitome of
>> desecration. Some people misconstrue the spanking Tinkerbell received
>> from Peter Pan, but he was just trying to get her to squirt some pixie
>> dust is all....
>
> Like I said, Harlow...better use that military grade data-wipe on the
> hard drive...

*I* have nothing to hide.... ;)

On 5/10/2013 6:40 PM, % wrote:

>>> Bad news. Harlow. All your "pixie porn" as well as all those other
>>> kiddie porn computer graphic that you've been arguing aren't real
>>> children are all illegal. Once a reporter gets wind of your
>>> collection on a government terminal and your ass is grass.
>>
>> Well, I consider any 'porn' using Tinkerbell as the epitome of
>> desecration. Some people misconstrue the spanking Tinkerbell received
>> from Peter Pan, but he was just trying to get her to squirt some pixie
>> dust is all....
>

> yap thinks everything is pixie he's obsessed with the word

I have no idea who 'Yap' is, and I don't care what he obsesses over.

Double-A
2013-05-10 20:21:06 EST
On May 10, 3:05 pm, HVAC <harlowcampb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/10/2013 5:00 PM, benj wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 09 May 2013 07:09:56 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>
> >> Brownstein holds that pixie porn, however disagreeable, is still art,
> >> and art deserves protection under the First Amendment (in the United
> >> States; the legal situation in New Zealand is different).
>
> >> "The important thing here is that one needn't like nor approve of the
> >> content or substance of expressive art, but the fact remains, it is
> >> expressive art. It is not criminal behavior," said Brownstein.
>
> > Bad news. Harlow. All your "pixie porn" as well as all those other kiddie
> > porn computer graphic that you've been arguing aren't real children are
> > all illegal. Once a reporter gets wind of your collection on a government
> > terminal and your ass is grass.
>
> Well, I consider any 'porn' using Tinkerbell as the epitome of
> desecration. Some people misconstrue the spanking Tinkerbell received
> from Peter Pan, but he was just trying to get her to squirt some pixie
> dust is all....

Tinkerbell is shown being spanked by Peter Pan? Wow! Old Walt Disney
was kinkier than I thought!

Double-A

Benj
2013-05-10 22:22:06 EST
On Fri, 10 May 2013 19:53:59 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> On 5/10/2013 6:09 PM, benj wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I consider any 'porn' using Tinkerbell as the epitome of
>>> desecration. Some people misconstrue the spanking Tinkerbell received
>>> from Peter Pan, but he was just trying to get her to squirt some pixie
>>> dust is all....
>>
>> Like I said, Harlow...better use that military grade data-wipe on the
>> hard drive...
>

> *I* have nothing to hide.... ;)

Right, There is no known pixie porn on your hard drive. We get it! :-)