Research Discussion: Cigarettes And Death

Cigarettes And Death
Posts: 8

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Hägar
2013-01-20 11:06:51 EST
Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United States each
year.
Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:

443,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
49,400 deaths per year from secondhand smoke exposure
269,655 deaths annually among men
173,940 deaths annually among women

Read the full article below:

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/

Gun control ???? Gun deaths don't even come close to smoking related deaths.
You would think our illustrious leaders in Congress would be up in arms over
dismal statistics like that ... but wait, Cigarette manufacturers are
dumping tons of money into re-election funds, but gun manufacturers don't
...



Bast
2013-01-20 13:39:22 EST


H\ufffdgar wrote:
> Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United States
> each year.
> Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:
>
> 443,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
> 49,400 deaths per year from secondhand smoke exposure
> 269,655 deaths annually among men
> 173,940 deaths annually among women
>
> Read the full article below:
>
> http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/
>
> Gun control ???? Gun deaths don't even come close to smoking related
> deaths. You would think our illustrious leaders in Congress would be up
> in arms over dismal statistics like that ... but wait, Cigarette
> manufacturers are dumping tons of money into re-election funds, but gun
> manufacturers don't ...





Are you forgetting that cigarettes AND booze are taxed at about 5000%
Where gun owners would never tollerate that kind of taxation,....e.g. paying
$10 for a bullet
So the gubberment cleans up on all that sin tax, and aren't about to kill
that gravy train.

Pot is too easy for people to grow at home so they can't tax that, and so
it's illegal.

And don't forget that more people are killed every year by bee stings, than
gun deaths.
And about 90% of those gun deaths are by gang punks, shooting each other,
who are already buying their guns illegally anyway.



Warhol
2013-01-20 14:57:53 EST
On 20 jan, 17:06, "H gar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United States each
> year.
> Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:
>
>    443,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
>    49,400 deaths per year from secondhand smoke exposure
>    269,655 deaths annually among men
>    173,940 deaths annually among women
>
> Read the full article below:
>
> http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects...
>
> Gun control ???? Gun deaths don't even come close to smoking related deaths.
> You would think our illustrious leaders in Congress would be up in arms over
> dismal statistics like that ... but wait, Cigarette manufacturers are
> dumping tons of money into re-election funds, but gun manufacturers don't
> ...



BS... hagar... Cigarettes saves life's... and certainly protect
against flu...

SO people stop this BS about cigarettes... only the devil and his
minions don't support smoke of tobacco...

So dare people if you want to keep the devil away from you... light a
cigarette.

Double-A
2013-01-20 16:26:22 EST
On Jan 20, 8:06 am, "H gar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United States each
> year.
> Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:
>
>    443,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
>    49,400 deaths per year from secondhand smoke exposure
>    269,655 deaths annually among men
>    173,940 deaths annually among women
>
> Read the full article below:
>
> http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects...
>
> Gun control ???? Gun deaths don't even come close to smoking related deaths.
> You would think our illustrious leaders in Congress would be up in arms over
> dismal statistics like that ... but wait, Cigarette manufacturers are
> dumping tons of money into re-election funds, but gun manufacturers don't
> ...

But the NRA does.

Double-A


Hägar
2013-01-21 11:18:45 EST

"Bast" <fakename@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
news:kdhdlb$grj$1@dont-email.me...
>
>
> H\ufffdgar wrote:
>> Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United States
>> each year.
>> Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:
>>
>> 443,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
>> 49,400 deaths per year from secondhand smoke exposure
>> 269,655 deaths annually among men
>> 173,940 deaths annually among women
>>
>> Read the full article below:
>>
>> http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/
>>
>> Gun control ???? Gun deaths don't even come close to smoking related
>> deaths. You would think our illustrious leaders in Congress would be up
>> in arms over dismal statistics like that ... but wait, Cigarette
>> manufacturers are dumping tons of money into re-election funds, but gun
>> manufacturers don't ...
>
>
>
>
>
> Are you forgetting that cigarettes AND booze are taxed at about 5000%


You babbling moron ... if booze were taxed at 5000%, Ted Kennedy alone
would have carried the financial burdens of Mass.



Bast
2013-01-21 12:26:21 EST


H\ufffdgar wrote:
> "Bast" <fakename@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
> news:kdhdlb$grj$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>>
>> H\ufffdgar wrote:
>>> Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United
>>> States each year.
>>> Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:
>>>
>>> 443,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
>>> 49,400 deaths per year from secondhand smoke exposure
>>> 269,655 deaths annually among men
>>> 173,940 deaths annually among women
>>>
>>> Read the full article below:
>>>
>>> http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/
>>>
>>> Gun control ???? Gun deaths don't even come close to smoking related
>>> deaths. You would think our illustrious leaders in Congress would be
>>> up in arms over dismal statistics like that ... but wait, Cigarette
>>> manufacturers are dumping tons of money into re-election funds, but
>>> gun manufacturers don't ...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Are you forgetting that cigarettes AND booze are taxed at about 5000%
>
>
> You babbling moron ... if booze were taxed at 5000%, Ted Kennedy alone
> would have carried the financial burdens of Mass.


Do you have any idea what a fifth of whisky actually costs to make ?
literally pennies. As you can make alcohol with rotten garbage that is
useless for anything else
And perhaps you are right,....it's probably closer to 10000% tax



HVAC
2013-01-21 13:13:00 EST
On 1/21/2013 12:26 PM, Blast wrote:
> Hägar wrote:
>>
>
> Do you have any idea what a fifth of whisky actually costs to make ?
> literally pennies. As you can make alcohol with rotten garbage that is
> useless for anything else
> And perhaps you are right,....it's probably closer to 10000% tax


Glad to see that you and Hagar have put your differences aside and
have now become lovers.



--
"OK you cunts, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo .. 变亮
http://www.richardgingras.com/tia/images/tia_logo_large.jpg

Brad Guth
2013-01-21 13:50:53 EST
On Jan 21, 9:26 am, "Bast" <faken...@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> H gar wrote:
> > "Bast" <faken...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
> >news:kdhdlb$grj$1@dont-email.me...
>
> >> H gar wrote:
> >>> Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United
> >>> States each year.
> >>> Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:
>
> >>>   443,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
> >>>   49,400 deaths per year from secondhand smoke exposure
> >>>   269,655 deaths annually among men
> >>>   173,940 deaths annually among women
>
> >>> Read the full article below:
>
> >>>http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects...
>
> >>> Gun control ???? Gun deaths don't even come close to smoking related
> >>> deaths. You would think our illustrious leaders in Congress would be
> >>> up in arms over dismal statistics like that ... but wait, Cigarette
> >>> manufacturers are dumping tons of money into re-election funds, but
> >>> gun manufacturers don't ...
>
> >> Are you forgetting that cigarettes AND booze are taxed at about 5000%
>
> > You babbling moron ... if booze were taxed at 5000%, Ted Kennedy alone
> > would have carried the financial burdens of Mass.
>
> Do you have any idea what a fifth of whisky actually costs to make ?
> literally pennies. As you can make alcohol with rotten garbage that is
> useless for anything else
> And perhaps you are right,....it's probably closer to 10000% tax

Apparently wholesale manufactured cost (which already includes the
manufactured profit margin) doesn't count.

Indeed, the portions of applied local, state and federal tax per
manufactured next cost as exported out the door or taken from a rail
tanker car, further multiplied by the retail markup is worth at least
10,000% when is comes right down to the truth.

In Venezuela the net wholesale cost of producing a gallon of high-
proof gasoline is less than $.15 and it's still under $.10 for
diesel. International oil firms are required to supply this fuel at
their production cost to the local gas stations as part of the package
deal in exchange for extracting and exporting their oil and natural
gas.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/05/gas-prices-around-the-world-cheaper-than-water-i-and-i-10-a-gallon/238226/#slide13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_and_diesel_usage_and_pricing

http://www.newtown-news.com/2012/10/13/for-a-few-gallons-more/

http://www.travelmath.com/country/Venezuela

http://www.mytravelcost.com/petrol-prices/
Page: 1   (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron