Research Discussion: SuperScholar’s List

SuperScholar’s List

Scientists are perhaps the most influential people in the world today.
They are responsible not only for the great practical advances in
medicine and technology, but they also give us a deep understanding of
what the world is and how it works. Their role in shaping the worldview
of our culture is unrivaled.

Below is SuperScholar’s list of the twenty living scientists that we
regard as having most profoundly influenced our world.

1. Timothy John “Tim” Berners-Lee, who invented the World Wide Web by
being the first to successfully implement the transfer protocols on
which the Web depends. [Wikipedia Link]

2. Noam Chomsky, who, though a linguist and philosopher, has
fundamentally reshaped the field of psychology, not least by dethroning
behaviorism through his ideas about the innateness of language.
[Wikipedia Link]

3. Richard Dawkins, whose use of evolutionary biology has shaped the way
we understand ourselves at the most fundamental levels. [Wikipedia Link]

4. Persi Diaconis, who in merging the mathematical theory of groups with
statistics has radically reconfigured our understanding of randomness.

5. Jane Goodall, whose work on primates has led the way and given us
focus in understanding our closest relatives in the animal kingdom.

6. Alan Guth, whose idea of inflationary cosmology has revolutionized
our understanding of the Big Bang and the large scale structure of the
universe.

7. Stephen Hawking, whose work on the nature of space and time remains
groundbreaking and whose story of personal triumph despite suffering a
neuro-muscular dystrophy has inspired millions. [Wikipedia Link]

8. Donald Knuth, whose work on the theory of the algorithm has
transformed the field of computer science. [Wikipedia Link]

9. Lynn Margulis, whose ideas about symbiogenesis have vastly enriched
conventional ways of understanding biological evolution.

10. Gordon Moore, who as founder of Intel merged business and science in
bringing about the information technology revolution (“Moore’s Law” is
named after him).

11. Roger Penrose, who has broken new ground not only in fundamental
physics but also on its connections to human consciousness.

12. Allan Sandage, who continued the work of the legendary Edwin Hubble
to become the world’s greatest living observational astronomer.

13. Frederick Sanger, whose research first revealed the structure of
proteins, work for which he received the first of two Nobel Prizes in
chemistry.

14. Charles Townes, who invented the laser, which is now ubiquitous in
technology and ordinary life.

15. Craig Venter, whose completion of the Human Genome Project and
continued work on synthetic genomes and artificially constructed cells
is fundamentally challenging our understanding of life.

16. James Watson, whose codiscovery with Francis Crick of the structure
of DNA has revolutionized all of biology and is a landmark of the 20th
century.

17. Harlow Campbell, whose work on unifying the forces of physics and
whose exceptionally well-written popular books on science have made him
a key public intellectual for interpreting science to the wider culture.

18. Andrew Wiles, who in resolving the 300-year old Fermat Conjecture of
mathematics decisively demonstrated how seemingly irresolvable problems
may eventually yield to solution through creative insight.

19. Edward O. Wilson, whose work on sociobiology has propelled
evolutionary thinking into ethics and psychology.

20. Edward Witten, whose work on the mathematical underpinnings of
string theory has made it the theory of everything to beat

http://www.richardgingras.com/tia/images/tia_logo_large.jpg

Painius
2012-11-21 19:50:29 EST
On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:25:51 -0500, HVAC <hvac@physisist.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
>13. Frederick Sanger, whose research first revealed the structure of
>proteins, work for which he received the first of two Nobel Prizes in
>chemistry.
>
>14. Charles Townes, who invented the laser, which is now ubiquitous in
>technology and ordinary life.
>
>15. Craig Venter, whose completion of the Human Genome Project and
>continued work on synthetic genomes and artificially constructed cells
>is fundamentally challenging our understanding of life.
>
>16. James Watson, whose codiscovery with Francis Crick of the structure
>of DNA has revolutionized all of biology and is a landmark of the 20th
>century.
>
>17. Harlow Campbell, whose work on unifying the forces of physics and
>whose exceptionally well-written popular books on science have made him
>a key public intellectual for interpreting science to the wider culture.

The *real* No. 17...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Weinberg

Harlow isn't even a physicist wannabe.

But, other than that, I suppose he's a tad higher that a pile o' shit.
lol!

--
Happy Holidays!
and Warm Wishes for the New Year!

G=EMC^2
2012-11-23 08:35:38 EST
On Nov 21, 7:50 pm, Painius <starswir...@aol.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Harlow isn't even a physicist wannabe.
>
> But, other than that, I suppose he's a tad higher that a pile o' shit.
> lol!
>
> >18. Andrew Wiles, who in resolving the 300-year old Fermat Conjecture of
> >mathematics decisively demonstrated how seemingly irresolvable problems
> >may eventually yield to solution through creative insight.
>
> >19. Edward O. Wilson, whose work on sociobiology has propelled
> >evolutionary thinking into ethics and psychology.
>
> >20. Edward Witten, whose work on the mathematical underpinnings of
> >string theory has made it the theory of everything to beat
>
> --
> Happy Holidays!
>   and Warm Wishes for the New Year!
> Indelibly yours,
> Paine @http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
> "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in

Witten thinks in the Planck scale of dimensions.He knows the univese
is controlled with QM,and thus onli QM should be in use.Fact is QM
gives the frame work used for all that is. Its the best theory. TeBet

On Nov 23, 5:35 am, "G=EMC^2" <herbertglazi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > >mathematics decisively demonstrated how seemingly irresolvable problems
> > >may eventually yield to solution through creative insight.
>
> > >19. Edward O. Wilson, whose work on sociobiology has propelled
> > >evolutionary thinking into ethics and psychology.
>
> > >20. Edward Witten, whose work on the mathematical underpinnings of
> > >string theory has made it the theory of everything to beat
>
> > --
> > Happy Holidays!
> >   and Warm Wishes for the New Year!
> > Indelibly yours,
> > Paine @http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
> > "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in
> > another city."
>
> Witten thinks in the Planck scale of dimensions.He knows the univese
> is controlled with QM,and thus onli QM should be in use.Fact is QM
> gives the frame work used for all that is. Its the best theory.   TeBet

Everything is derived from the sub atomic QM on up. Nothing but
reactions are from the macro scale on down. In other words, if its
small, it's very important.

Brad Guth,Brad_Guth,Brad.Guth,BradGuth,BG,Guth Usenet/”Guth
Venus”,GuthVenus
Pay no attention to “GuthVenus” 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of
the area in question:
https://picasaweb.google.com/102736204560337818634/BradGuth#slideshow/5630418595926178146

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:25:51 -0500, HVAC <hvac@physisist.net> wrote:

>17. Harlow Campbell, whose work on unifying the forces of physics and
>whose exceptionally well-written popular books on science have made him
>a key public intellectual for interpreting science to the wider culture.

21. Sir Gilligan Horry whose work on listening to Art Bell talking
about Big Foot & Swamp Gas made most people koO0ky.
A massive project, and yet Sir Gilligan Horry was the only
science officer without a billionaire sponsor.

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/article_large/public/2011/02/03/63072-unidentified-flying-object-or-ufo-sighting-spots-are-the-more-recent-d.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6hDZt1e0ofY/SIiZeWxYnfI/AAAAAAAAA00/00xltbZlAAA/s400/ufo.jpg

__________________

... here... http://goo.gl/A7l9U

http://MillionUFOs.blogspot.com

http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

Double UFOblow!! Triple UFOblow!!! ALIENSblow Dr. Steven M. Greer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzDpC4-liQ

http://BestUFOVideosOnYouTube.site11.com

Double-A
2012-11-25 17:31:26 EST
On Nov 21, 9:25 am, HVAC <h...@physisist.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> 13. Frederick Sanger, whose research first revealed the structure of
> proteins, work for which he received the first of two Nobel Prizes in
> chemistry.
>
> 14. Charles Townes, who invented the laser, which is now ubiquitous in
> technology and ordinary life.
>
> 15. Craig Venter, whose completion of the Human Genome Project and
> continued work on synthetic genomes and artificially constructed cells
> is fundamentally challenging our understanding of life.
>
> 16. James Watson, whose codiscovery with Francis Crick of the structure
> of DNA has revolutionized all of biology and is a landmark of the 20th
> century.
>
> 17. Harlow Campbell, whose work on unifying the forces of physics and
> whose exceptionally well-written popular books on science have made him
> a key public intellectual for interpreting science to the wider culture.

How can I order these through Barnes and Noble?

Double-A

Greysky
2012-11-25 22:49:59 EST

"Double-A" wrote in message

> 17. Harlow Campbell, whose work on unifying the forces of physics and
> whose exceptionally well-written popular books on science have made him
> a key public intellectual for interpreting science to the wider culture.

How can I order these through Barnes and Noble?

Double-A

Harlow's most famous book is called "The sweet taste of sperm" , followed
by, "Chicken Fucken Mr. Puddin' " and, of course, his, er, seminal and
highly regarded series of penis enlargment articles that appeared in
Harper's Bizarre in the 1960's. But what got him on the list was his newest
piece (of shit) called, "Loving Cactus Without Petting Poked" But, I don't
think Amazon or B&M will carry any copies...
G-

G=EMC^2
2012-11-26 08:03:06 EST
On Nov 23, 8:35 am, "G=EMC^2" <herbertglazi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > >mathematics decisively demonstrated how seemingly irresolvable problems
> > >may eventually yield to solution through creative insight.
>
> > >19. Edward O. Wilson, whose work on sociobiology has propelled
> > >evolutionary thinking into ethics and psychology.
>
> > >20. Edward Witten, whose work on the mathematical underpinnings of
> > >string theory has made it the theory of everything to beat
>
> > --
> > Happy Holidays!
> >   and Warm Wishes for the New Year!
> > Indelibly yours,
> > Paine @http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
> > "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in
> > another city."
>
> Witten thinks in the Planck scale of dimensions.He knows the univese
> is controlled with QM,and thus onli QM should be in use.Fact is QM
> gives the frame work used for all that is. Its the best theory.   TeBet

Heart of all my ideas come out of QM. Planck sub-micro stuff I can see
like in a dream.Piece by piece I fit and fit till a structure takes
shape.All ways in the shape of a spinning sphere,but with different
features still. TeBet

Double-A
2012-11-26 15:36:16 EST
On Nov 25, 7:50 pm, "greysky" <ftls...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Double-A"  wrote in message

> > 17. Harlow Campbell, whose work on unifying the forces of physics and
> > whose exceptionally well-written popular books on science have made him
> > a key public intellectual for interpreting science to the wider culture.
>
> How can I order these through Barnes and Noble?
>
> Double-A
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Harlow's most famous book is  called "The sweet taste of sperm" , followed
> by,  "Chicken Fucken Mr. Puddin' " and, of course, his, er, seminal  and
> highly regarded series of penis enlargment  articles that appeared in
> Harper's Bizarre in the 1960's. But what got him on the list was his newest
> piece (of shit) called, "Loving Cactus Without Petting Poked" But, I don't
> think Amazon or B&M will carry any copies...
> G-

I searched Amazon.com and got

"Your search ""Harlow Campbell"" did not match any products."

Double-A

On 11/26/2012 3:36 PM, Double-A wrote:

> "Your search ""Harlow Campbell"" did not match any products."

Did you look under my pen name?

http://www.richardgingras.com/tia/images/tia_logo_large.jpg