Research Discussion: US Post Office Is Bankrupt.

US Post Office Is Bankrupt.

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Why don't they just give the entire operation to UPS or FedEx. Postage
would drop by half and delivery speed would double. after they fore all the
useless ex-military double-dippers.

http://news.yahoo.com/postal-reports-5-2b-loss-3rd-quarter-132412758.html

Not that there is anything wrong with ex-military personnel, but when they
clog up the system in "pay-back" management position and are mostly
obstructive to innovation and money saving changes (an unknown behavior mode
in the Military), they should get a pink slip.

Double-A
2012-08-09 13:14:15 EST
On Aug 9, 8:54 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why don't they just give the entire operation to UPS or FedEx.  Postage
> would drop by half and delivery speed would double. after they fore all the
> useless ex-military double-dippers.

Because ups AND FedEx are using the Post Office to deliver a lot of
thier stuff now. They wouldn't want to make a delivery to any rural
area that would lose them money. Also UPS rates are high right now,
and there is no guarantee they won't put your package in the mail
before it gets there anyway.

Double-A

Bast
2012-08-09 13:26:15 EST

Double-A wrote:
> On Aug 9, 8:54 am, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Why don't they just give the entire operation to UPS or FedEx. Postage
>> would drop by half and delivery speed would double. after they fore
>> all the useless ex-military double-dippers.
>

> Because ups AND FedEx are using the Post Office to deliver a lot of
> thier stuff now. They wouldn't want to make a delivery to any rural
> area that would lose them money. Also UPS rates are high right now,
> and there is no guarantee they won't put your package in the mail
> before it gets there anyway.
>
> Double-A

Don't waste logic on hagar.
He's so smart he's just waiting for Romney to ask him to run the campaign.
...And is mad at the post office for losing his letters, after checking his
mail everyday wondering why Romney never responded

"Hägar" wrote in message

Why don't they just give the entire operation to UPS or FedEx. Postage
would drop by half and delivery speed would double. after they fore all the
useless ex-military double-dippers.

http://news.yahoo.com/postal-reports-5-2b-loss-3rd-quarter-132412758.html

Not that there is anything wrong with ex-military personnel, but when they
clog up the system in "pay-back" management position and are mostly
obstructive to innovation and money saving changes (an unknown behavior mode
in the Military), they should get a pink slip.
******************************
Neither FedEx nor UPS want the "last mile" of residential service. No one
wants to deliver to your trailer park - but USPS must. The solution is to
let the thing go bankrupt - eliminate the union contract (some of the most
ridiculous work rules ever invented by man) and preference hiring, fire half
of management and renegotiate all the contracts with airlines and trucking
firms that transport mail. Yes, revenue must go up. Junk mail from
politicians should not get a processing preference and junk mail subsidies
should be eliminated.

Clave
2012-08-09 14:12:40 EST
"H\ufffdgar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Why don't they just give the entire operation to UPS or FedEx...

Haggot thinks UPS and FedEx will deliver letters for less than 50 cents
each -- LOL

On 8/9/2012 2:12 PM, Clave wrote:
> "Hägar"<hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Why don't they just give the entire operation to UPS or FedEx...
>
> Haggot thinks UPS and FedEx will deliver letters for less than 50 cents
> each -- LOL

I don't care if they cost ten dollars a letter.
I cannot remember the last time I mailed something.

Does anyone use the mail anymore?

Joe Bruno
2012-08-09 15:02:07 EST
HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Haggot thinks UPS and FedEx will deliver letters for less than 50 cents
> > each -- LOL
>
> I don't care if they cost ten dollars a letter.
> I cannot remember the last time I mailed something.
>
> Does anyone use the mail anymore?

The only position that leaves me with no cognitive dissonance is
atheism. It is not a creed. Death is certain, replacing both the
siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell. Life on this earth, with
all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more
intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel
loneliness and joy and love. There is nothing more; but I want nothing
more.

"Clave" wrote in message news:y4TUr.52357$ls7.5965@newsfe11.iad...

"Hägar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Why don't they just give the entire operation to UPS or FedEx...

Haggot thinks UPS and FedEx will deliver letters for less than 50 cents
each -- LOL
******************************
You would think USPS would partner with USDA and deliver Hags mail with his
free cheese.

Antares 531
2012-08-09 15:25:28 EST
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 14:44:07 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 8/9/2012 2:12 PM, Clave wrote:
>> "Hägar"<hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Why don't they just give the entire operation to UPS or FedEx...
>>
>> Haggot thinks UPS and FedEx will deliver letters for less than 50 cents
>> each -- LOL
>

>I don't care if they cost ten dollars a letter.
>I cannot remember the last time I mailed something.
>
>Does anyone use the mail anymore?

The oil companies that have producing wells on my ranch property send
me a monthly statement but they do an electronic funds transfer to put
the money into my bank account. I guess they could use e-mail instead
of the paper mail statement, but that's their choice, not mine.

I do send first class letters to some of my family who are not
computer savvy and therefore have no e-mail account, but this is only
a few letters per year. My tax returns are another way in which I use
the U.S. Postal service, but I could switch over to a computer based
tax return, if I could figure out how to do so.

Antares 531
2012-08-09 15:37:06 EST
On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 11:12:40 -0700, "Clave" <clavius@the.monastery.com>
wrote:

>"Hägar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Why don't they just give the entire operation to UPS or FedEx...
>
>Haggot thinks UPS and FedEx will deliver letters for less than 50 cents
>each -- LOL

Might work if they were regulated by the Government and compelled to
make this kind of deliveries, as the P.O. is.
Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)