Research Discussion: The Tingler

The Tingler

I watched The Tingler last night for the first time in over 50 years.

I'm telling you, you've GOT to see this movie, it was awesome!

You've got Vincent Price taking LSD in the 50's!
And treachery and betrayal galore.

Seriously. You will NOT be disappointed.

Greysky
2012-08-02 10:56:08 EST

"HVAC" wrote in message news:jvdr57$t3m$1@hvac.motzarella.org...

I watched The Tingler last night for the first time in over 50 years.

I'm telling you, you've GOT to see this movie, it was awesome!

You've got Vincent Price taking LSD in the 50's!
And treachery and betrayal galore.

Seriously. You will NOT be disappointed.

I've seen that movie. Personally, while Vincent Price could act and did do a
reasonably decent job, he could carry the movie only so far. The whole
premise was just so ridiculously stupid, that the movie was more a comedy
than a horror flick. Abbot and Costello would have been better cast than
Price - I mean, if this were true, you'd have so many of those things after
you.... all led by nitebat's tingler...

G-

Olrik
2012-08-02 11:00:00 EST
Le 2012-08-02 08:17, HVAC a écrit :

> I watched The Tingler last night for the first time in over 50 years.
>
> I'm telling you, you've GOT to see this movie, it was awesome!
>
> You've got Vincent Price taking LSD in the 50's!
> And treachery and betrayal galore.
>
> Seriously. You will NOT be disappointed.

I'll give it a try.

BTW, it's available on this free & legal streaming site:

<http://archive.org/details/PhantasmagoriaTheater-TheTingler1959246-2>

On 8/2/2012 10:56 AM, greysky wrote:

> I watched The Tingler last night for the first time in over 50 years.
>
> I'm telling you, you've GOT to see this movie, it was awesome!
>
> You've got Vincent Price taking LSD in the 50's!
> And treachery and betrayal galore.
>
> Seriously. You will NOT be disappointed.
>
> I've seen that movie. Personally, while Vincent Price could act and did
> do a reasonably decent job, he could carry the movie only so far. The
> whole premise was just so ridiculously stupid, that the movie was more a
> comedy than a horror flick. Abbot and Costello would have been better
> cast than Price

Look Gaysky..It's not supposed to be reality...It's a horror movie.

> I mean, if this were true, you'd have so many of those
> things after you.... all led by nitebat's tingler...

Why are you people all mad at ME for Bat-Boy's death?

*I* didn't kill him. All I did was announce his demise.

On 8/2/2012 11:00 AM, Olrik wrote:

>> I watched The Tingler last night for the first time in over 50 years.
>>
>> I'm telling you, you've GOT to see this movie, it was awesome!
>>
>> You've got Vincent Price taking LSD in the 50's!
>> And treachery and betrayal galore.
>>
>> Seriously. You will NOT be disappointed.
>
> I'll give it a try.
>
> BTW, it's available on this free & legal streaming site:
>
> <http://archive.org/details/PhantasmagoriaTheater-TheTingler1959246-2>

As everyone knows, I don't care about legalities.

Thomas P.
2012-08-02 13:49:31 EST
"Olrik" <olrik666@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> Le 2012-08-02 08:17, HVAC a \ufffdcrit :
>>

>> I watched The Tingler last night for the first time in over 50 years.
>>
>> I'm telling you, you've GOT to see this movie, it was awesome!
>>
>> You've got Vincent Price taking LSD in the 50's!
>> And treachery and betrayal galore.
>>
>> Seriously. You will NOT be disappointed.
>
> I'll give it a try.
>
> BTW, it's available on this free & legal streaming site:

Does anybody remember the theatre seats being rigged up to buzz members of
the audience?

--
thomas p

Ignorance is the mother of devotion.

David Hume

On 8/2/2012 1:49 PM, thomas p. wrote:

>>> I watched The Tingler last night for the first time in over 50 years.
>>>
>>> I'm telling you, you've GOT to see this movie, it was awesome!
>>>
>>> You've got Vincent Price taking LSD in the 50's!
>>> And treachery and betrayal galore.
>>>
>>> Seriously. You will NOT be disappointed.
>>
>> I'll give it a try.
>>
>> BTW, it's available on this free& legal streaming site:
>
> Does anybody remember the theatre seats being rigged up to buzz members of
> the audience?

Before the movie, the director comes on and explains it all.

WangoTango
2012-08-02 17:02:30 EST
In article <jvdr57$t3m$1@hvac.motzarella.org>, mr.hvac@gmail.com says...

> I watched The Tingler last night for the first time in over 50 years.
>
> I'm telling you, you've GOT to see this movie, it was awesome!
>
> You've got Vincent Price taking LSD in the 50's!
> And treachery and betrayal galore.
>
> Seriously. You will NOT be disappointed.

It is one of the cult classics.
It is definitely worth a slot in the media library.

Fiend Without a Face is another goodie.

Jigaboo Rice
2012-08-02 17:03:26 EST
HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 8/2/2012 10:56 AM, greysky wrote:
>> I watched The Tingler last night for the first time in over 50 years.
>> I'm telling you, you've GOT to see this movie, it was awesome!
>> You've got Vincent Price taking LSD in the 50's!
>> And treachery and betrayal galore.
>> Seriously. You will NOT be disappointed.
>> I've seen that movie. Personally, while Vincent Price could act and did
>> do a reasonably decent job, he could carry the movie only so far. The
>> whole premise was just so ridiculously stupid, that the movie was more a
>> comedy than a horror flick. Abbot and Costello would have been better
>> cast than Price
>Look Gaysky..It's not supposed to be reality...It's a horror movie.

You're wrong! WRONG!@ Not only did Vincent, Abbot, and Costello exist,
I have seen them.

---
Jigaboo Rice, because white rice is unhealthy!

On 8/2/2012 5:03 PM, Jigaboo Rice wrote:

> You're wrong! WRONG!@ Not only did Vincent, Abbot, and Costello exist,
> I have seen them.
>

> ---
> Jigaboo Rice, because white rice is unhealthy!

Look. Your name is patently offensive. Never write me again.

Have a nice day! :-)