Research Discussion: Big Boobs

Big Boobs

What is a large breast? Measuring and categorizing breast size for
tangential breast radiation therapy.

“Despite consensus in published studies that larger-breasted patients
who undergo radiation therapy tend to suffer from more severe acute skin
reactions and a more adverse cosmetic outcome, there appears to be no
consensus on the definition of a ‘large breast’. This paper describes an
analysis of breast size that was undertaken on 50 patients and compares
this data with other published studies. The desired outcome for the
study was to formulate a definition of ‘large breast size’ that would be
appropriate for Australian patients and that could be determined simply
and quickly in busy radiation oncology clinics. Analysis suggests that
cup and brassiere size may be used to separate breast size into two
categories. On the basis of published data and results from this study,
it is recommended that patients with a cup size>or=D or a bra size>or=18
could be categorized as having large breasts, with all other patients
considered average in size.”

Great picture with this article.....

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/files/2012/07/thumbs-up-boobs.jpeg

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:16:26 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>What is a large breast? Measuring and categorizing breast size for
>tangential breast radiation therapy.
>
>“Despite consensus in published studies that larger-breasted patients
>who undergo radiation therapy tend to suffer from more severe acute skin
>reactions and a more adverse cosmetic outcome, there appears to be no
>consensus on the definition of a ‘large breast’. This paper describes an
>analysis of breast size that was undertaken on 50 patients and compares
>this data with other published studies. The desired outcome for the
>study was to formulate a definition of ‘large breast size’ that would be
>appropriate for Australian patients and that could be determined simply
>and quickly in busy radiation oncology clinics. Analysis suggests that
>cup and brassiere size may be used to separate breast size into two
>categories. On the basis of published data and results from this study,
>it is recommended that patients with a cup size>or=D or a bra size>or=18
>could be categorized as having large breasts, with all other patients
>considered average in size.”
>

>Great picture with this article.....
>
>http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/files/2012/07/thumbs-up-boobs.jpeg

you are gay

MarkA
2012-07-25 17:45:24 EST
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:16:26 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> What is a large breast? Measuring and categorizing breast size for
> tangential breast radiation therapy.

The number part of a bra size, e.g. the "38" in 38-C, is a measure of the
chest circumference *below* the breast. The cup size is then determined
by the difference between that number and the circumference measured
around the breasts themselves. Needless to say, it is a very imprecise
system, and one bra manufacturer's "B" cup might be another's "A" cup or
"C", or even "D" cup.

As with anything dealing with measuring physical attributes of people,
there is a huge amount of variability and ambiguity. It is a problem for
medical research, where precise definition of terms is important.

--
MarkA

If you can read this, you can stop reading now.

Fidem Turbare, The Non-existent Atheist Goddess
2012-07-25 18:01:56 EST
HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is a large breast? Measuring and categorizing breast size for
> tangential breast radiation therapy.
>
> “Despite consensus in published studies that larger-breasted patients
> who undergo radiation therapy tend to suffer from more severe acute
> skin reactions and a more adverse cosmetic outcome, there appears to
> be no consensus on the definition of a ‘large breast’. This paper
> describes an analysis of breast size that was undertaken on 50
> patients and compares this data with other published studies. The
> desired outcome for the study was to formulate a definition of ‘large
> breast size’ that would be appropriate for Australian patients and
> that could be determined simply and quickly in busy radiation
> oncology clinics. Analysis suggests that cup and brassiere size may
> be used to separate breast size into two categories. On the basis of
> published data and results from this study, it is recommended that
> patients with a cup size>or=D or a bra size>or=18 could be
> categorized as having large breasts, with all other patients
> considered average in size.”

They didn't mention lower back problems that commonly develop over time
with many women who have unusually large breasts. And then when those
women wear high heels, because of the additional weight I wouldn't be
at all surprised if this further contributes to poor health relating to
high blood pressure complications.

> Great picture with this article.....
>
> http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/files/2012/07/thumbs-up-boobs.jpeg

It's not uncommon for women to be interested in reducing breast size,
and with a consistent exercise routine it's possible (although not
specifically targeting breasts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JU3D50TtI4

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
-- Jim Morrison

Ivan I. Deer
2012-07-25 18:32:32 EST
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:45:24 -0400, MarkA <someone@somewhere.invalid>
wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:16:26 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>
>> What is a large breast? Measuring and categorizing breast size for
>> tangential breast radiation therapy.
>>

>The number part of a bra size, e.g. the "38" in 38-C, is a measure of the
>chest circumference *below* the breast. The cup size is then determined
>by the difference between that number and the circumference measured
>around the breasts themselves. Needless to say, it is a very imprecise
>system, and one bra manufacturer's "B" cup might be another's "A" cup or
>"C", or even "D" cup.
>
>As with anything dealing with measuring physical attributes of people,
>there is a huge amount of variability and ambiguity. It is a problem for
>medical research, where precise definition of terms is important.

When I was a kid someone told me a zebra was 26 sizes larger than a
C-bra. Is this right?

Ivan I. Deer
2012-07-25 18:34:45 EST
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:32:32 -0500, Ivan I. Deer <IvanI@swbell.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:45:24 -0400, MarkA <someone@somewhere.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:16:26 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>>
>>> What is a large breast? Measuring and categorizing breast size for
>>> tangential breast radiation therapy.
>>>

>>The number part of a bra size, e.g. the "38" in 38-C, is a measure of the
>>chest circumference *below* the breast. The cup size is then determined
>>by the difference between that number and the circumference measured
>>around the breasts themselves. Needless to say, it is a very imprecise
>>system, and one bra manufacturer's "B" cup might be another's "A" cup or
>>"C", or even "D" cup.
>>
>>As with anything dealing with measuring physical attributes of people,
>>there is a huge amount of variability and ambiguity. It is a problem for
>>medical research, where precise definition of terms is important.
>>
>When I was a kid someone told me a zebra was 26 sizes larger than a
>C-bra. Is this right?

Typo correction...23 sizes larger....

On 7/25/2012 6:01 PM, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess wrote:

>> Great picture with this article.....
>>
>> http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/files/2012/07/thumbs-up-boobs.jpeg
>
> It's not uncommon for women to be interested in reducing breast size,
> and with a consistent exercise routine it's possible (although not
> specifically targeting breasts):
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JU3D50TtI4

Of course as a scientist, I am very interested in women's breasts.

I believe it will require further study on my part. I also believe in a
'hands on' approach to this subject. I will be looking for volunteers to
help me in this scientific endeavor.

Smiler
2012-07-25 23:22:56 EST
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:12:08 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> On 7/25/2012 6:01 PM, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
> wrote:
>>
>>> Great picture with this article.....
>>>
>>> http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/files/2012/07/thumbs-up-boobs.jpeg
>>
>> It's not uncommon for women to be interested in reducing breast size,
>> and with a consistent exercise routine it's possible (although not
>> specifically targeting breasts):
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JU3D50TtI4
>

> Of course as a scientist, I am very interested in women's breasts.
>
> I believe it will require further study on my part. I also believe in a
> 'hands on' approach to this subject. I will be looking for volunteers to
> help me in this scientific endeavor.

I suggest that the breasts be weighed to determine their size. I put
myself forward as an expert in weighing breasts. I simply stand in front
of the subject who is to have her breasts weighed, put one breast in
each hand and go...weigh-hey!

--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

Greysky
2012-07-26 01:20:13 EST

"Smiler" wrote in message

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:12:08 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> On 7/25/2012 6:01 PM, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
> wrote:
>>
>>> Great picture with this article.....
>>>
>>> http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/files/2012/07/thumbs-up-boobs.jpeg
>>
>> It's not uncommon for women to be interested in reducing breast size,
>> and with a consistent exercise routine it's possible (although not
>> specifically targeting breasts):
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JU3D50TtI4
>

> Of course as a scientist, I am very interested in women's breasts.
>
> I believe it will require further study on my part. I also believe in a
> 'hands on' approach to this subject. I will be looking for volunteers to
> help me in this scientific endeavor.

I suggest that the breasts be weighed to determine their size. I put
myself forward as an expert in weighing breasts. I simply stand in front
of the subject who is to have her breasts weighed, put one breast in
each hand and go...weigh-hey!

I put myself through college by working at a local lingerie shop. I would
always get asked - at least once or twice a day- to help out a young lady
find the right bra size (the lingerie shop was in a university town). Many
women rely on a male to find the right bra for them, and how I would do it
would be to have the woman stand with her back to me, and I would gently
reach around and hold her breasts in each hand, massaging the tissue
gingerly, and squeezing her nipple between my thumb and forefinger to induce
an erection (some women's teats can support an erect nip of huge
proportions). Then, depending of shape, breast and nipple size, firmness
and sensitivity, I would make my recommendation. I had many return
customers... and don’t get me started on panty fittings (or how clit size
relates to nipple size). Yes, I was a busy little Santa's Helper in my
younger days before physics and academia captured my attention...

Greysky

AMUN
2012-07-26 02:37:01 EST

Ivan I. Deer wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:32:32 -0500, Ivan I. Deer <IvanI@swbell.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:45:24 -0400, MarkA <someone@somewhere.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> The number part of a bra size, e.g. the "38" in 38-C, is a measure of
>>> the chest circumference *below* the breast. The cup size is then
>>> determined by the difference between that number and the
>>> circumference measured around the breasts themselves. Needless to
>>> say, it is a very imprecise system, and one bra manufacturer's "B"
>>> cup might be another's "A" cup or "C", or even "D" cup.
>>>
>>> As with anything dealing with measuring physical attributes of people,
>>> there is a huge amount of variability and ambiguity. It is a problem
>>> for medical research, where precise definition of terms is important.
>>>
>> When I was a kid someone told me a zebra was 26 sizes larger than a
>> C-bra. Is this right?
>>
> Typo correction...23 sizes larger....

So ? you just answered your own question.