Research Discussion: The "Pioneer Anomaly" Solved.

The "Pioneer Anomaly" Solved.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

So the old adage "for every action there is an equal and opposite
reaction" holds true for current flowing through a conductor ...
who woulda thunk .... H\ufffdgar.

Scientists have finally cracked a decades-old spaceflight riddle, figuring
out why NASA's Pioneer 10 and 11 probes began to slow mysteriously as they
sped far from the sun.

The cause of the so-called "Pioneer Anomaly," it turns out, is heat coming
from the electrical current flowing through the probes' instrument and power
systems. This heat pushed back on the spacecraft, causing them to decelerate
slightly, according to a new study.

"The effect is something like when you're driving a car and the photons from
your headlights are pushing you backward," lead author Slava Turyshev, of
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, Calif., said in a
statement. "It is very subtle."

Decelerating spacecraft

Pioneer 10 and Pioneer 11 launched in 1972 and 1973, respectively. They were
the first spacecraft to fly through the main asteroid belt, and the first to
study Jupiter up-close. The probes kept on cruising after their Jupiter
encounters, speeding toward Saturn and beyond. [A Photo Tour of the Planets]

Pioneer 10 and 11 will eventually exit the solar system, but they likely
won't be the first to do so. Scientists think the Voyager 1 spacecraft,
which is about 11.1 billion miles (17.8 billion kilometers) from Earth, may
leave our cosmic neighborhood any day now.

In the early 1980s, mission scientists noticed that the spacecraft were
slowing down unexpectedly. But they dismissed this as a transient phenomenon
resulting from dribbles of propellant left in the probes' lines, researchers
said.

The issue didn't go away, however. In 1998, when Pioneer 10 and 11 were more
than 8 billion miles (13 billion km) from the sun, a team of researchers
calculated that the spacecraft were declerating at a rate of about 300
inches per day squared (0.9 nanometers per second squared).

The scientists couldn't explain the slight slowdown, so they raised the
possibility that some new type of physics that contradicted Albert
Einstein's general theory of relativity may be responsible.

Digging through the data

In 2004, Turyshev started trying to get to the bottom of the Pioneer
Anomaly. He couldn't rely on any new data, because the two spacecraft had
stopped communicating with Earth; scientists last received a signal from
Pioneer 10 in 2003 and Pioneer 11 in 1995.

So Turyshev and his colleagues searched through old Pioneer communications
and data, copying digitized files from JPL navigators who helped steer the
Pioneers and receiving more information from other NASA centers.

They also found more than a dozen boxes of magnetic tapes stored under a
staircase at JPL, researchers said, and worked with a Canadian programmer to
create software that could read the tapes and clean up Pioneer data.

In the end, Turyshev and his team collected more than 43 gigabytes of
information, which may not seem like much now but was a huge trove for the
1970s.

After poring over all this information, the scientists were able to trace
the Pioneer Anomaly to the heat coming from the spacecraft's power and
electrical systems. Further, they determined that the issue wasn't affecting
other spacecraft nearly as much, mostly because of differences in design.

"The story is finding its conclusion because it turns out that standard
physics prevail," Turyshev said. "While of course it would've been exciting
to discover a new kind of physics, we did solve a mystery."

The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical Review Letters.

On Jul 21, 11:47 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> create software that could read the tapes and clean up Pioneer data.
>
> In the end, Turyshev and his team collected more than 43 gigabytes of
> information, which may not seem like much now but was a huge trove for the
> 1970s.
>
> After poring over all this information, the scientists were able to trace
> the Pioneer Anomaly to the heat coming from the spacecraft's power and
> electrical systems. Further, they determined that the issue wasn't affecting
> other spacecraft nearly as much, mostly because of differences in design.
>
> "The story is finding its conclusion because it turns out that standard
> physics prevail," Turyshev said. "While of course it would've been exciting
> to discover a new kind of physics, we did solve a mystery."
>
> The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical Review Letters.

The heat given off was directional?

On Jul 21, 11:47 am, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So the old adage "for every action there is an equal and opposite
> reaction" holds true for current flowing through a conductor ...
> who woulda thunk .... H\ufffdgar.

< snip >

> The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical
> Review Letters.

The heat given off was directional?

**************************************
For dumb-ass Guthball:
What they are saying is that the power supply is located on one side of the
craft, thus that side radiates heat radially from the craft whereas the
other side of the power supply radiates the same amount of heat, but id is
distributed evenly within the craft, thus minimizing radiation compared to
the side closest.

If you still don't get it, let me know and I'll draw you a picture ...
oops, bad call ... I haven't used any crayons in ages.

"Hägar" wrote in message

On Jul 21, 11:47 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So the old adage "for every action there is an equal and opposite
> reaction" holds true for current flowing through a conductor ...
> who woulda thunk .... Hägar.

< snip >

> The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical
> Review Letters.

The heat given off was directional?

**************************************
For dumb-ass Guthball:
What they are saying is that the power supply is located on one side of the
craft, thus that side radiates heat radially from the craft whereas the
other side of the power supply radiates the same amount of heat, but id is
distributed evenly within the craft, thus minimizing radiation compared to
the side closest.

If you still don't get it, let me know and I'll draw you a picture ...
oops, bad call ... I haven't used any crayons in ages.
*********************
Yeah they don't allow crayons in cracker daycare because all of you little
fuckers eat them.

On Jul 21, 2:07 pm, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jul 21, 11:47 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > So the old adage "for every action there is an equal and opposite
> > reaction" holds true for current flowing through a conductor ...
> > who woulda thunk .... Hägar.
>
> < snip >
>
> > The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical
> > Review Letters.
>
> The heat given off was directional?
>
>         **************************************
> For dumb-ass Guthball:
> What they are saying is that the power supply is located on one side of the
> craft, thus that side radiates heat radially from the craft whereas the
> other side of the power supply radiates the same amount of heat, but id is
> distributed evenly within the craft, thus minimizing radiation compared to
> the side closest.
>
> If you still don't get it, let me know and I'll draw you a picture ...
> oops, bad call ... I haven't used any crayons in ages.

In other words, those photons have mass. Got it.

How about all the geothermal photon mass coming from Venus, as mostly
exiting away from the nighttime seasonal side because of all that
pesky greenhouse sunlight influx of photons that’s pushing hard upon
its daytime side?

Apparently those natural geology rules for the extremely nearby planet
Venus are entirely different than any other planet or moon. Go figure
how those continually opposed to anything that isn't insider Oligarch
approved, are also required and/or compelled to topic/author stalk and
bash at this one and at anything else I might have to offer, for all
the Semitic approved hate and disparagement they and their fellow
Atheists can muster.

“Guth Venus” 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
question:
https://picasaweb.google.com/102736204560337818634/BradGuth#slideshow/5629579402364691314

Other thumbnail images, including mgn_c115s095_1.gif (225 m/pixel)
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/thumbnail_pages/venus_thumbnails.html
Lava channels, Lo Shen Valles, Venus from Magellan Cycle 1
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/object_page/mgn_c115s095_1.html
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hires/mgn_c115s095_1.gif

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

On Jul 21, 2:07 pm, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jul 21, 11:47 am, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > So the old adage "for every action there is an equal and opposite
> > reaction" holds true for current flowing through a conductor ...
> > who woulda thunk .... H\ufffdgar.
>
> < snip >
>
> > The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical
> > Review Letters.
>
> The heat given off was directional?
>
> **************************************
> For dumb-ass Guthball:
> What they are saying is that the power supply is located on one side of
> the
> craft, thus that side radiates heat radially from the craft whereas the
> other side of the power supply radiates the same amount of heat, but id is
> distributed evenly within the craft, thus minimizing radiation compared to
> the side closest.
>
> If you still don't get it, let me know and I'll draw you a picture ...
> oops, bad call ... I haven't used any crayons in ages.

In other words, those photons have mass. Got it.

*** Who mentioned photons, you ignoramus ???
When you are standing next to a stove in the middle of the
winter, you can feel the heat as it interacts with your body.
Energy in the form of heat is transmitted from the stove to your sorry-ass
carcass. As your body gains heat, the stove loses it.
For every action, there is an equal, but opposite reaction.
The craft is the oven, but it only emits heat from one specific area. The
benefactor of this heat transfer is the 5 degree Kelvin environment As it
tranfers heat from the power supply to the cold and empty space, the
reaction slows the spacecraft down, almost impercetible.

If you still don't get it, you're even dumber than I gave you
credit for.

On Jul 21, 5:05 pm, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2:07 pm, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > "Brad Guth" <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jul 21, 11:47 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > So the old adage "for every action there is an equal and opposite
> > > reaction" holds true for current flowing through a conductor ...
> > > who woulda thunk .... Hägar.
>
> > < snip >
>
> > > The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical
> > > Review Letters.
>
> > The heat given off was directional?
>
> > **************************************
> > For dumb-ass Guthball:
> > What they are saying is that the power supply is located on one side of
> > the
> > craft, thus that side radiates heat radially from the craft whereas the
> > other side of the power supply radiates the same amount of heat, but id is
> > distributed evenly within the craft, thus minimizing radiation compared to
> > the side closest.
>
> > If you still don't get it, let me know and I'll draw you a picture ...
> > oops, bad call ... I haven't used any crayons in ages.
>
> In other words, those photons have mass.  Got it.
>
> *** Who mentioned photons, you ignoramus ???
> When you are standing next to a stove in the middle of the
> winter, you can feel the heat as it interacts with your body.
> Energy in the form of heat is transmitted from the stove to your sorry-ass
> carcass.  As your body gains heat, the stove loses it.
> For every action, there is an equal, but opposite reaction.
> The craft is the oven, but it only emits heat from one specific area.  The
> benefactor of this heat transfer is the 5 degree Kelvin environment  As it
> tranfers heat from the power supply to the cold and empty space, the
> reaction slows the spacecraft down, almost impercetible.
>
> If you still don't get it, you're even dumber than I gave you
> credit for.

Photons transfer energy, and such energy represents mass, because
without the nonzero particle mass of those IR photons there is no
transfer of energy.

Bast
2012-07-22 00:51:36 EST

Brad Guth wrote:
> [...]
>> programmer to create software that could read the tapes and clean up
>> Pioneer data.
>>
>> In the end, Turyshev and his team collected more than 43 gigabytes of
>> information, which may not seem like much now but was a huge trove for
>> the 1970s.
>>
>> After poring over all this information, the scientists were able to
>> trace the Pioneer Anomaly to the heat coming from the spacecraft's
>> power and electrical systems. Further, they determined that the issue
>> wasn't affecting other spacecraft nearly as much, mostly because of
>> differences in design.
>>
>> "The story is finding its conclusion because it turns out that standard
>> physics prevail," Turyshev said. "While of course it would've been
>> exciting to discover a new kind of physics, we did solve a mystery."
>>
>> The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical Review Letters.

Even more surprising is the "heat" could radiate at all, through the vacuum
of space.

Although we aren't supposed to think about how Apollo astronauts on the moon
were supposedly able to do the same thing in the vacuum there. using only
self contained PLSS. while in direct sunlight all the time.

Yet my car in 2012 still has to have a condenser on the A/C that has to be
cooled by air, or it overheats and quits working

More likely that the UFO's following it, trying to figure out what the heck
it is, are slowing it down through the gravitational attraction of the hull
of their ship.

Bast
2012-07-22 00:54:52 EST

Notroll2012 wrote:
> "H\ufffdgar" wrote in message
>

> "Brad Guth" <bradguth@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 21, 11:47 am, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> So the old adage "for every action there is an equal and opposite
>> reaction" holds true for current flowing through a conductor ...
>> who woulda thunk .... H\ufffdgar.
>
> < snip >
>

>> The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical
>> Review Letters.
>
> The heat given off was directional?
>

> **************************************
> For dumb-ass Guthball:
> What they are saying is that the power supply is located on one side of
> the craft, thus that side radiates heat radially from the craft whereas
> the other side of the power supply radiates the same amount of heat,
> but id is distributed evenly within the craft, thus minimizing
> radiation compared to the side closest.
>
> If you still don't get it, let me know and I'll draw you a picture ...
> oops, bad call ... I haven't used any crayons in ages.
> *********************
> Yeah they don't allow crayons in cracker daycare because all of you
> little fuckers eat them.

I don't think they care if hagar eats them,....it's when he sticks them up
into his ,...uh,....body cavities. along with the class gerbil.

On Jul 21, 9:51 pm, "Bast" <faken...@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> [...]
> >> power and electrical systems. Further, they determined that the issue
> >> wasn't affecting other spacecraft nearly as much, mostly because of
> >> differences in design.
>
> >> "The story is finding its conclusion because it turns out that standard
> >> physics prevail," Turyshev said. "While of course it would've been
> >> exciting to discover a new kind of physics, we did solve a mystery."
>
> >> The study was published June 12 in the journal Physical Review Letters.
>
> > The heat given off was directional?
>
> Even more surprising is the "heat" could radiate at all, through the vacuum
> of space.
>
> Although we aren't supposed to think about how Apollo astronauts on the moon
> were supposedly able to do the same thing in the vacuum there. using only
> self contained PLSS. while in direct sunlight all the time.
Plus receiving the secondary/recoil of 1220 w/m2 of local IR reflected
and/or radiated off the physically dark moon.

> Yet my car in 2012 still has to have a condenser on the A/C that has to be
> cooled by air, or it overheats and quits working
>
> More likely that the UFO's following it, trying to figure out what the heck
> it is, are slowing it down through the gravitational attraction of the hull
> of their ship.

Those Apollo water evaporation cooled moon-suits also never vented a
damn bit.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)