Research Discussion: When Aliens Attack

When Aliens Attack

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Published: 06/28/2012 03:56 PM EDT on SPACE.com

Anyone who has seen "Independence Day" knows that strong, capable
leadership in the face of a hostile alien takeover is absolutely crucial.

So, faced with the situation, nearly two-thirds of Americans think
Barack Obama would handle an alien invasion better than presidential
candidate Mitt Romney, according to a new poll about extraterrestrials
from the National Geographic Channel.

The national poll measured different views on extraterrestrials, and
found that 36 percent, or more than one-third, of Americans believe UFOs
exist. In fact, 11 percent (more than one in 10) are sure they have seen
a UFO with their own eyes, while 20 percent (one in five) know someone
who claims to have seen a flying saucer.

And if aliens ever stage an invasion of our planet, nearly two-thirds,
or 65 percent, of Americans think Obama would be the better person to
guide the country's response. And that view held true across both
genders, with 68 percent of women and 61 percent of men claiming Obama
would be better suited to handle an alien takeover.

Among younger Americans, aged 18 to 64 years, 68 percent felt that
Romney would not be as adept in the face of an alien attack. [7 Huge
Misconceptions about Aliens]

Still, not everyone viewed a visit from extraterrestrials as a threat.

Most citizens claimed they would not mind a minor alien invasion,
because they expect these otherworldly beings to be friendly, such as
the creature in Steven Spielberg's classic film "E.T.," the poll's
results showed.

The survey also revealed that more than 80 million Americans believe
UFOs exist, with many sure that government officials are hiding
paranormal activities from the public. According to the National
Geographic results, many respondents also claimed to believe that
tangible proof exists that aliens have landed on Earth.

And while superhero and vampire movies have reigned supreme at the box
office, 71 percent of Americans think aliens are more likely to exist
than superheroes, vampires and zombies. But if humankind could call on
superheroes for help, the Hulk was the most popular choice (21 percent),
rather than Batman (12 percent) or Spiderman (8 percent).

National Geographic's "Aliens Among Us" poll surveyed a random
nationwide sample of 1,114 Americans from May 21 to 29. The data was
collected by market research company Kelton Research through email
invitations and online surveys. According to the survey organizers,
quotas were set to ensure reliability and accurate representation of the
U.S. population, aged 18 year and older. The margin of error is +/-2.9
percent, NatGeo officials said in a statement.

Ben Kaufman
2012-07-10 15:12:34 EST
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:23:33 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>
>Most citizens claimed they would not mind a minor alien invasion,
>because they expect these otherworldly beings to be friendly, such as
>the creature in Steven Spielberg's classic film "E.T.," the poll's
>results showed.
<SNIP>

In other words, Liberals not Conservatives.

Ben

MarkA
2012-07-10 15:15:47 EST
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:23:33 -0400, HVAC wrote:

> Published: 06/28/2012 03:56 PM EDT on SPACE.com
>
> Anyone who has seen "Independence Day" knows that strong, capable
> leadership in the face of a hostile alien takeover is absolutely crucial.

If space aliens ever decided they wanted to take over the Earth, it would
be like a replay of the Spaniards invading the Aztec nation. Except we
wouldn't be in the role of the Spaniards.

--
MarkA
Keeper of Things Put There Only Just The Night Before

Antares 531
2012-07-10 15:27:24 EST
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:15:47 -0400, MarkA <nobody@nowhere.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:23:33 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>

>> Published: 06/28/2012 03:56 PM EDT on SPACE.com
>>
>> Anyone who has seen "Independence Day" knows that strong, capable
>> leadership in the face of a hostile alien takeover is absolutely crucial.
>>

>If space aliens ever decided they wanted to take over the Earth, it would
>be like a replay of the Spaniards invading the Aztec nation. Except we
>wouldn't be in the role of the Spaniards.

Also, there would be the possibility that they might bring some fast
spreading, fatal disease and wipe out most of the earth's current
population. This happened to the Native Americans when Smallpox was
brought to the western hemisphere.

Aunt Six Of Nine Or Half-dozen Of The Other Of The Borg
2012-07-10 17:43:44 EST
In article <pan.2012.07.10.19.15.45.736076@nowhere.invalid>,
MarkA <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:23:33 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>

> > Published: 06/28/2012 03:56 PM EDT on SPACE.com
> >
> > Anyone who has seen "Independence Day" knows that strong, capable
> > leadership in the face of a hostile alien takeover is absolutely crucial.
> >

> If space aliens ever decided they wanted to take over the Earth, it would
> be like a replay of the Spaniards invading the Aztec nation. Except we
> wouldn't be in the role of the Spaniards.

There's nothing on earth that can't be gotten easier elsewhere.

--
Aren't you special. Tell me your problems.

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:23:33 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

> But if humankind could call on
>superheroes for help, the Hulk was the most popular choice (21 percent),
>rather than Batman (12 percent) or Spiderman (8 percent).

That's the center of the problem right there.
Aliens are upset about most people voting for The Hulk.
If only humankind had included The Grinch in the poll,
it would have prevented 1000's of 3000 mile wide motherships
showing up next week !!!

Proof !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQBPwSenkn0

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qWS3ly97m1k/TRowcUBlNqI/AAAAAAAAAOA/smXtOJtOnFs/s1600/grinch.jpg

... here... http://bit.ly/gsYSvc

http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

For Those Who Want To Know...
http://www.WantToKnow.info

http://BestUFOVideosOnYouTube.site11.com
http://ProjectMotherShip.webng.com

MarkA
2012-07-10 18:00:26 EST
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:27:24 -0500, Antares 531 wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:15:47 -0400, MarkA <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:23:33 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>>

>>> Published: 06/28/2012 03:56 PM EDT on SPACE.com
>>>
>>> Anyone who has seen "Independence Day" knows that strong, capable
>>> leadership in the face of a hostile alien takeover is absolutely
>>> crucial.
>>>

>>If space aliens ever decided they wanted to take over the Earth, it would
>>be like a replay of the Spaniards invading the Aztec nation. Except we
>>wouldn't be in the role of the Spaniards.
>>
> Also, there would be the possibility that they might bring some fast
> spreading, fatal disease and wipe out most of the earth's current
> population. This happened to the Native Americans when Smallpox was
> brought to the western hemisphere.

It is unlikely that viruses and bacteria would be pathogenic to us if they
didn't evolve here. Of course, any invaders worth their salt would take
an existing strain of say, E. coli, manipulate it to make it horribly
pathogenic, turn it loose, then sit back for a few decades. If that were
to happen, we would have no choice but to translate every man, woman, and
child on Earth into their primal electrical components, transcribe them
onto a piece of gold-copper alloy wire, put the wire into the central
thorax control unit of a robot, and send them through a time mirror.

--
MarkA
Keeper of Things Put There Only Just The Night Before
About eight o'clock

MarkA
2012-07-10 18:02:27 EST
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:43:44 -0700, Aunt Six of Nine or Half-dozen of the
Other of the Borg wrote:

> In article <pan.2012.07.10.19.15.45.736076@nowhere.invalid>,
> MarkA <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:23:33 -0400, HVAC wrote:
>>

>> > Published: 06/28/2012 03:56 PM EDT on SPACE.com
>> >
>> > Anyone who has seen "Independence Day" knows that strong, capable
>> > leadership in the face of a hostile alien takeover is absolutely
>> > crucial.
>> >

>> If space aliens ever decided they wanted to take over the Earth, it
>> would be like a replay of the Spaniards invading the Aztec nation.
>> Except we wouldn't be in the role of the Spaniards.
>
> There's nothing on earth that can't be gotten easier elsewhere.

Ha! You've overlooked the object of desire of every movie monster since
the genre began: white women!

--
MarkA
Keeper of Things Put There Only Just The Night Before
About eight o'clock

> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:23:33 -0400, HVAC<mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But if humankind could call on
>> superheroes for help, the Hulk was the most popular choice (21 percent),
>> rather than Batman (12 percent) or Spiderman (8 percent).

Fuck that...Send in Black Widow
http://www.comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/black_widow_brokeback.jpg

> That's the center of the problem right there.
> Aliens are upset about most people voting for The Hulk.
> If only humankind had included The Grinch in the poll,
> it would have prevented 1000's of 3000 mile wide motherships
> showing up next week !!!
>
> Proof !!!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQBPwSenkn0
>
> http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qWS3ly97m1k/TRowcUBlNqI/AAAAAAAAAOA/smXtOJtOnFs/s1600/grinch.jpg

> ___

> ... here... http://bit.ly/gsYSvc
>
> Best Aliens UFOs Videos Proof Evidence...
> http://BestAliensUFOsVideos.blogspot.com
>
> Aliens UFOs Extraterrestrials Videos Documentaries...
> http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency
>
> For Those Who Want To Know...
> http://www.WantToKnow.info

> Beautiful Documentary ...
> http://www.voiceentertainment.net/movies/watermovie.html
>
> "Project Mothership" UFOs Aliens Proof Evidence...
> http://ProjectMotherShip.medianewsonline.com
> http://BestUFOVideosOnYouTube.site11.com
> http://ProjectMotherShip.webng.com
> http://Vimeo.com/channels/AliensUFOsVideosProof
>
> ___

Free Lunch
2012-07-10 18:35:08 EST
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:02:27 -0400, MarkA <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote
in alt.atheism:

>On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:43:44 -0700, Aunt Six of Nine or Half-dozen of the
>Other of the Borg wrote:
>
>> In article <pan.2012.07.10.19.15.45.736076@nowhere.invalid>,
>> MarkA <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>>> If space aliens ever decided they wanted to take over the Earth, it
>>> would be like a replay of the Spaniards invading the Aztec nation.
>>> Except we wouldn't be in the role of the Spaniards.
>>
>> There's nothing on earth that can't be gotten easier elsewhere.
>
>Ha! You've overlooked the object of desire of every movie monster since
>the genre began: white women!

They're easy.
Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)