Research Discussion: Roswell: Case Closed

Roswell: Case Closed

Like Fox Mulder, some people still want to believe.

On July 8, 1947, a crash in Roswell, N.M., was the spark that started
UFO fever burning in the U.S. And for some, that passion is just as
intense today as when they first learned that a crash in the desert had
been labeled a UFO -- and quickly re-labeled a weather balloon by
government officials.

"It was not a damn weather balloon -- it was what it was billed when
people first reported it," Chase Brandon, a 35-year CIA veteran, told
the Huffington Post. His comments came on July 8, 2012 -- 65 years after
the Roswell Daily Record newspaper ran a front page article claiming
“RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch in Roswell Region.”

"It was a craft that clearly did not come from this planet, it crashed
and I don't doubt for a second that the use of the word 'remains' and
'cadavers' was exactly what people were talking about."

Brandon claims to have seen photographs and written material in a
special section of CIA headquarters in Langley, Va., called the
Historical Intelligence Collection that conclusively proved to his mind
that the crash was alien.

'It was a craft that clearly did not come from this planet.'

- 35-year CIA veteran Chase Brandon

Brandon refused to explain what he had seen, however, and with the
government classification, his persistent belief was understandable.
Hard facts have been hard to come by; many of the documents are still
officially redacted, such as the July 8 teletype from the FBI Dallas
field office advising that the “flying saucer” was officially just a
“weather balloon.”

Others see the event differently, notably Annie Jacobsen, whose 2011
book “Area 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military
Base” offers a very different view of events.

Jacobsen, a contributing editor and investigative reporter at the Los
Angeles Times Magazine, interviewed dozens of former Area 51 employees
in 2008 and 2009 -- a total of 74 scientist, pilots and engineers --
shortly after the CIA declassified much of the work they had done,
including countless pages of redacted memos and declassified reports.

They revealed what really went on in the Nevada desert, from testing
nuclear reactions to building super-secret, supersonic jets to pursuing
the war on terror. And that book explained that test flights of the U-2
spy plane, built at the mysterious Area 51 test site, were often
confused for UFOs -- fueling the stories surrounding the facility.

The FBI on UFOs

In 1947, a rash of sightings of unexplained flying objects (UFOs) swept
America. Although the newly formed U.S. Air Force was the primary
investigator of these sightings, the FBI received many reports and
worked for a time with the Air Force to investigate these matters.

Sift through the 1997 Air Force report ("The Roswell Report: Case Closed").

Then Browse the FBI's records from 1947 to 1954 online.

Then decide for yourself: Were they aliens? Weather balloons? Or
something else entirely?

“As soon as the U-2s started flying out of Area 51, reports of UFO
sightings by commercial airline pilots and air traffic controllers began
to inundate CIA headquarters,” Jacobsen’s book explained.

Her book also offers a bizarre explanation for the 1947 event:
unspeakable German experiments during World War II led to a handful of
children being used as pilots, whose distorted bodies resembled aliens.

Believe it or not, but despite decades of analysis and theories, many
simply refuse to believe the official Air Force explanation, issued in
1994, that the event at Roswell was simply a weather balloon.

"’Aliens’ observed in the New Mexico desert were actually
anthropomorphic test dummies that were carried aloft by U.S. Air Force
high-altitude balloons for scientific research,” explained a report from
the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force.

“Claims of ‘alien bodies’ at the Roswell Army Air Field hospital were
most likely a combination of two separate incidents: a 1956 KC-97
aircraft accident in which 11 Air Force members lost their lives; and a
1959 manned balloon mishap in which two Air Force pilots were injured.”

“Case closed,” the report concluded.

Area 51 is still officially a military secret, unmentioned by name,
Jacobsen notes.

Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/07/09/on-65-anniversary-roswell-ufo-crash-questions-remain/#ixzz20E9rcCLa

> [...]
> simply refuse to believe the official Air Force explanation, issued in
> 1994, that the event at Roswell was simply a weather balloon.
>
> "\ufffdAliens\ufffd observed in the New Mexico desert were actually anthropomorphic
> test dummies that were carried aloft by U.S. Air Force high-altitude
> balloons for scientific research,\ufffd explained a report from the Office of
> the Secretary of the Air Force.
>
> \ufffdClaims of \ufffdalien bodies\ufffd at the Roswell Army Air Field hospital were most
> likely a combination of two separate incidents: a 1956 KC-97 aircraft
> accident in which 11 Air Force members lost their lives; and a 1959 manned
> balloon mishap in which two Air Force pilots were injured.\ufffd
>
> \ufffdCase closed,\ufffd the report concluded.
>
> Area 51 is still officially a military secret, unmentioned by name,

Phew ... I'm glad we can lay this puppy to rest ...
Horry will be upset ... but, c'est la vie ...

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:50:04 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>Annie Jacobsen

Annie Jacobsen is only one species of over
57,835 different species of extraterrestrials
in the Milky Way Galaxy and Universe.

HubbleSite - Out of the ordinary...out of this world.
http://HubbleSite.org
news center, gallery, discoveries, sci-tech, fun and games,
and reference desk.

... here... http://bit.ly/gsYSvc

http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

For Those Who Want To Know...
http://www.WantToKnow.info

http://BestUFOVideosOnYouTube.site11.com
http://ProjectMotherShip.webng.com

Bast
2012-07-10 18:43:34 EST

H\ufffdgar wrote:
> "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Like Fox Mulder, some people still want to believe.
>>
>> On July 8, 1947, a crash in Roswell, N.M., was the spark that started
>> UFO fever burning in the U.S. And for some, that passion is just as
>> intense today as when they first learned that a crash in the desert
>> had been labeled a UFO -- and quickly re-labeled a weather balloon by
>> government officials.
>>

> Phew ... I'm glad we can lay this puppy to rest ...
> Horry will be upset ... but, c'est la vie ...

Not to worry, we re-opened Roswell again.
.....And soon 9/11, so buy G.W some toilet paper when he soils his pants
again.

http://www.ae911truth.org

4HEAD
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:50:04 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Annie Jacobsen
>
> Annie Jacobsen is only one species of over
> 57,835 different species of extraterrestrials
> in the Milky Way Galaxy and Universe.

Seems to me that number, 57,835, would be very low, considering
the mind-boggling size of the Universe. I'm sure there are other
intelligent entities 'out there', but I'm on the fence about whether
any have visited this planet, leaning towards no, because of the
distances. But UFO docs like this make you wonder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2oqnCapqaQ
4HEAD

Zacharias Mulletstein
2012-07-10 23:43:56 EST
Of course aliens are real. Jesus Christ told me so.

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:34:31 -0500, 4HEAD <user@localhost.invalid>

>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:50:04 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Annie Jacobsen
>>
>> Annie Jacobsen is only one species of over
>> 57,835 different species of extraterrestrials
>> in the Milky Way Galaxy and Universe.
>>

>Seems to me that number, 57,835, would be very low, considering
>the mind-boggling size of the Universe. I'm sure there are other
>intelligent entities 'out there', but I'm on the fence about whether
>any have visited this planet, leaning towards no, because of the
>distances. But UFO docs like this make you wonder:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2oqnCapqaQ
>4HEAD

Nice reply, thanks, yes,
that's why I said "over" ... in the Milky Way Galaxy and Universe.

RE: New Undebunkable UFO Documentary...

Yes, John Kuhles was sharing that around too.

Thank You.

_________________________________

... here... http://bit.ly/gsYSvc

http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

For Those Who Want To Know...
http://www.WantToKnow.info

http://BestUFOVideosOnYouTube.site11.com
http://ProjectMotherShip.webng.com

Heyduke Lives
2012-07-11 15:08:37 EST
"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachariasmulletstein@alwaysalwaysright.com> wrote:
>Of course aliens are real. Jesus Christ told me so.

Which is ironic seeing as how Jesus had both of his cocks in you at the
time.

---
Email address: k.chelsea469@yahoo.com http://www.skeptictank.org/
And a varmint will not quit, ever.