Research Discussion: Good News For Medical Marijuana Users

Good News For Medical Marijuana Users

Marijuana, long known as a recreational drug, has earned some
respectability with its growing reputation as a pain reliever for those
who suffer from cancer, multiple sclerosis, and other ailments. And now,
cannabis’s seedy reputation may go entirely to pot: a new strain called
Avidekel preserves the drug’s medical properties but does not get users
high.

The effects of various breeds of marijuana depend on their balance of
the chemicals called cannabinoids. One cannabinoid, called
tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, acts on the brain’s cannabinoid receptors
to create the sensation of being high. While this feeling is the goal
for recreational users, it can be an unwanted side effect for patients
who smoke medical marijuana to relieve their pain and then find
themselves unable to work, run errands in a car, or function normally
until the drug’s effects wear off. The primary reason these users turn
to marijuana in the first place is a different cannabinoid, called
cannabidiol, which reduces inflammation without any psychoactive side
effects.

Israeli company Tikun Olam (Hebrew for “healing the world”) grows
medical marijuana, and has been breeding their crop to reduce the levels
of psychoactive THC while maintaining the anti-inflammatory cannabidiol.
Their work culminated in Avidekel, a marijuana breed containing 15.8
percent cannabidiol but mere traces of THC. Although Avidekel has been
approved for medical use, its psychoactive properties—or lack
thereof—have only been tested in mice. Clinical trials in humans are
still in the works, and may allow researchers to prove that the strain
can decrease the buzz of pain without giving an actual buzz.

> Marijuana, long known as a recreational drug, has earned some
> respectability with its growing reputation as a pain reliever for those
> who suffer from cancer, multiple sclerosis, and other ailments. And now,
> cannabis\ufffds seedy reputation may go entirely to pot: a new strain called
> Avidekel preserves the drug\ufffds medical properties but does not get users
> high.

WTF ??? doesn't that defeat the purpose ???
In the words of Ron White:
"I went to a doctor in California for a prescription of Medical Mary-Jane,
and he asked why I thought I needed it"
I replied "because I'm all stressed out".
The doctor asked "Why are you stressed, Ron?"
"Because I ran out of Mary-Jane and I don't know
where to get any in this part of the State".
The doctor replies "So, how much do you need, Ron ?"

Bast
2012-07-08 18:35:57 EST

H\ufffdgar wrote:
> "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Marijuana, long known as a recreational drug, has earned some
>> respectability with its growing reputation as a pain reliever for those
>> who suffer from cancer, multiple sclerosis, and other ailments. And
>> now, cannabis\ufffds seedy reputation may go entirely to pot: a new strain
>> called Avidekel preserves the drug\ufffds medical properties but does not
>> get users high.
>

> WTF ??? doesn't that defeat the purpose ???
> In the words of Ron White:
> "I went to a doctor in California for a prescription of Medical
> Mary-Jane, and he asked why I thought I needed it"
> I replied "because I'm all stressed out".
> The doctor asked "Why are you stressed, Ron?"
> "Because I ran out of Mary-Jane and I don't know
> where to get any in this part of the State".
> The doctor replies "So, how much do you need, Ron ?"

So once big pharma can figure out a way to make $$$$$,....sudenly Mary Jane
is perfectly safe.
Still not safe if you grow it in your backyard for free though.

On 7/8/2012 6:35 PM, Bast wrote:

> So once big pharma can figure out a way to make $$$$$,....sudenly Mary Jane
> is perfectly safe.
> Still not safe if you grow it in your backyard for free though.

YOU don't smoke weed...Do you Bast?

> On 7/8/2012 6:35 PM, Bast wrote:
>>

>> So once big pharma can figure out a way to make $$$$$,....sudenly Mary
>> Jane
>> is perfectly safe.
>> Still not safe if you grow it in your backyard for free though.
>

> YOU don't smoke weed...Do you Bast?

He/she it prefers sniffing Pubes ...

Bast
2012-07-08 19:52:40 EST

H\ufffdgar wrote:
> "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 7/8/2012 6:35 PM, Bast wrote:
>>>

>>> So once big pharma can figure out a way to make $$$$$,....sudenly
>>> Mary Jane
>>> is perfectly safe.
>>> Still not safe if you grow it in your backyard for free though.
>>

>> YOU don't smoke weed...Do you Bast?
>>

> He/she it prefers sniffing Pubes ...

Please be clear that you refer to WOMEN'S pubes,.....as opposed to you who
prefers the MALE variety.

BTW Yes I do the occasional social toking, I also grow it in my backyard,
and give it away for free.
So call in your SWAT teams.
...And I'll give them a bit too,...if they ask nicely.

On 7/8/2012 7:52 PM, Bast wrote:

>>> YOU don't smoke weed...Do you Bast?
>>>

> BTW Yes I do the occasional social toking, I also grow it in my backyard,
> and give it away for free.
> So call in your SWAT teams.

Remain calm...It was just a question.

> H\ufffdgar wrote:
>> "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> YOU don't smoke weed...Do you Bast?
>>>

>> He/she it prefers sniffing Pubes ...
>

> Please be clear that you refer to WOMEN'S pubes,.....as opposed to you who
> prefers the MALE variety.
>
> BTW Yes I do the occasional social toking, I also grow it in my backyard,
> and give it away for free.
> So call in your SWAT teams.

I have bigger fish to fry than worrying about your hauteculture experiments
... why do I think of fish when replying to your posts ??? ...

> ...And I'll give them a bit too,...if they ask nicely.

You're just that kind of a he/she/it ... say that fast, three times ...

Bast
2012-07-09 16:26:51 EST

H\ufffdgar wrote:

>> H\ufffdgar wrote:
>>> "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> He/she it prefers sniffing Pubes ...
>>

>> Please be clear that you refer to WOMEN'S pubes,.....as opposed to you
>> who prefers the MALE variety.
>>
>> BTW Yes I do the occasional social toking, I also grow it in my
>> backyard, and give it away for free.
>> So call in your SWAT teams.
>
> I have bigger fish to fry than worrying about your hauteculture
> experiments ... why do I think of fish when replying to your posts ???

I'm guessing you haven't taken your garbage out for several months, and are
waiting for the people from Hoarders to put you on TV ?
Do I win a prize for the correct answer ?

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 10:14:54 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>Marijuana

RE: Marijuana

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/07/legal-weed-states-where-cannabis-is.html

The Marijuana Laws are Bad here in New Zealand.

That's why i Stay Good !!! ...
http://crazy-frankenstein.com/pictures-files/drunk-pictures/drunk-guy-funny.jpg

But honestly, I'd rather live in a world with
no booze, no marijuana, no "Third Party", no air pollution,
no nuke power stations, no real M.I.B
etc, etc.

"Inducting thoughts, emotions or organisms that do not belong to you
via ad hoc technologies is an even older a strategy."

... here... http://bit.ly/gsYSvc

http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

For Those Who Want To Know...
http://www.WantToKnow.info