Research Discussion: 36% Of Americans Are Retarded

36% Of Americans Are Retarded

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

A new survey finds that 80 million Americans, or 36 percent of the
population, believe UFOs are real. One in 10 respondents say they have
personally witnessed an alien spaceship. And if aliens were to invade
the country sometime in the next four years, 65 percent of survey
respondents said President Obama would be better suited for handling the
invasion than Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

The market research company Kelton Research conducted the survey by
polling a random nationwide sample of 1,114 Americans ages 18 and older,
who were representative of the demographics of the nation as a whole.
The survey was commissioned by the National Geographic Channel to
promote its new series "Chasing UFOs."

'79 percent of people think the government has kept information
about UFOs a secret from the public.'

- NatGeo survey

To the question of whether they believe aliens have visited Earth, 36
percent of Americans who were surveyed said they do, 48 percent aren't
sure, and 17 percent said they don't believe so. More than three in four
Americans (77 percent) think there are signs that suggest aliens have
visited the Earth, whether or not they've made up their minds about the
question.

The results align with other modern studies of UFO belief. For example,
a 2008 survey of 1,003 adult Americans conducted by Scripps Howard News
Service and Ohio University also found that a third of adults believe
it's either very likely or somewhat likely that intelligent aliens from
space have visited our planet. One in 12 said they had personally seen a
mysterious object in the sky that they thought might have been an alien
spaceship. [7 Huge Misconceptions about Aliens]

More surprisingly, the new NatGeo survey found that a whopping 79
percent of people think the government has kept information about UFOs a
secret from the public, and more than half (55 percent) believe there
are real-life "Men in Black"-style agents who threaten people who spot UFOs.

Regardless of the government's methods, Obama won out over Romney in the
category of readiness to handle an alien invasion. Incidentally, many
survey respondents picture that invasion as an "Independence Day"-style
attack on Washington, D.C.: Nearly one in five think the nation's
capital is the most likely landing zone for a UFO.

Double-A
2012-06-28 13:47:57 EST
On Jun 28, 10:12 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A new survey finds that 80 million Americans, or 36 percent of the
> population, believe UFOs are real. One in 10 respondents say they have
> personally witnessed an alien spaceship. And if aliens were to invade
> the country sometime in the next four years, 65 percent of survey
> respondents said President Obama would be better suited for handling the
> invasion than Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
>
> The market research company Kelton Research conducted the survey by
> polling a random nationwide sample of 1,114 Americans ages 18 and older,
> who were representative of the demographics of the nation as a whole.
> The survey was commissioned by the National Geographic Channel to
> promote its new series "Chasing UFOs."
>
>      '79 percent of people think the government has kept information
> about UFOs a secret from the public.'
>
> - NatGeo survey
>
> To the question of whether they believe aliens have visited Earth, 36
> percent of Americans who were surveyed said they do, 48 percent aren't
> sure, and 17 percent said they don't believe so. More than three in four
> Americans (77 percent) think there are signs that suggest aliens have
> visited the Earth, whether or not they've made up their minds about the
> question.
>
> The results align with other modern studies of UFO belief. For example,
> a 2008 survey of 1,003 adult Americans  conducted by Scripps Howard News
> Service and Ohio University also found that a third of adults believe
> it's either very likely or somewhat likely that intelligent aliens from
> space have visited our planet. One in 12 said they had personally seen a
> mysterious object in the sky that they thought might have been an alien
> spaceship. [7 Huge Misconceptions about Aliens]
>
> More surprisingly, the new NatGeo survey found that a whopping 79
> percent of people think the government has kept information about UFOs a
> secret from the public, and more than half (55 percent) believe there
> are real-life "Men in Black"-style agents who threaten people who spot UFOs.
>
> Regardless of the government's methods, Obama won out over Romney in the
> category of readiness to handle an alien invasion. Incidentally, many
> survey respondents picture that invasion as an "Independence Day"-style
> attack on Washington, D.C.: Nearly one in five think the nation's
> capital is the most likely landing zone for a UFO.
>
> --
> "OK you cunts, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo

In this group, alt.astronomy, the retardation percentage seems even
higher!

Double-A

Fidem Turbare, The Non-existent Atheist Goddess
2012-06-28 14:00:11 EST
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:47:57 -0700 (PDT)
Double-A <double-a3@hush.com> wrote:
> On Jun 28, 10:12 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A new survey finds that 80 million Americans, or 36 percent of the
> > population, believe UFOs are real. One in 10 respondents say they
> > have personally witnessed an alien spaceship. And if aliens were to
> > invade the country sometime in the next four years, 65 percent of
> > survey respondents said President Obama would be better suited for
> > handling the invasion than Republican presidential candidate Mitt
> > Romney.
> >
> > The market research company Kelton Research conducted the survey by
> > polling a random nationwide sample of 1,114 Americans ages 18 and
> > older, who were representative of the demographics of the nation as
> > a whole. The survey was commissioned by the National Geographic
> > Channel to promote its new series "Chasing UFOs."
> >
> >      '79 percent of people think the government has kept information
> > about UFOs a secret from the public.'
> >
> > - NatGeo survey
> >
> > To the question of whether they believe aliens have visited Earth,
> > 36 percent of Americans who were surveyed said they do, 48 percent
> > aren't sure, and 17 percent said they don't believe so. More than
> > three in four Americans (77 percent) think there are signs that
> > suggest aliens have visited the Earth, whether or not they've made
> > up their minds about the question.
> >
> > The results align with other modern studies of UFO belief. For
> > example, a 2008 survey of 1,003 adult Americans  conducted by
> > Scripps Howard News Service and Ohio University also found that a
> > third of adults believe it's either very likely or somewhat likely
> > that intelligent aliens from space have visited our planet. One in
> > 12 said they had personally seen a mysterious object in the sky
> > that they thought might have been an alien spaceship. [7 Huge
> > Misconceptions about Aliens]
> >
> > More surprisingly, the new NatGeo survey found that a whopping 79
> > percent of people think the government has kept information about
> > UFOs a secret from the public, and more than half (55 percent)
> > believe there are real-life "Men in Black"-style agents who
> > threaten people who spot UFOs.
> >
> > Regardless of the government's methods, Obama won out over Romney
> > in the category of readiness to handle an alien invasion.
> > Incidentally, many survey respondents picture that invasion as an
> > "Independence Day"-style attack on Washington, D.C.: Nearly one in
> > five think the nation's capital is the most likely landing zone for
> > a UFO.
> >
> > --
> > "OK you cunts, let's see what you can do now" -Hit
> > Girlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo
>
> In this group, alt.astronomy, the retardation percentage seems even
> higher!
>
> Double-A

Do you not also have an "alt.astronomy.moderated" newsgroup, similar to
how "alt.atheism" has an "alt.atheism.moderated" newsgroup?

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number,

Double-A
2012-06-28 14:41:19 EST
On Jun 28, 11:00 am, "Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess"
<*.@fidemturbare.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > believe there are real-life "Men in Black"-style agents who
> > > threaten people who spot UFOs.
>
> > > Regardless of the government's methods, Obama won out over Romney
> > > in the category of readiness to handle an alien invasion.
> > > Incidentally, many survey respondents picture that invasion as an
> > > "Independence Day"-style attack on Washington, D.C.: Nearly one in
> > > five think the nation's capital is the most likely landing zone for
> > > a UFO.
>
> > > --
> > > "OK you cunts, let's see what you can do now" -Hit
> > > Girlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo
>
> > In this group, alt.astronomy, the retardation percentage seems even
> > higher!
>
> > Double-A
>
> Do you not also have an "alt.astronomy.moderated" newsgroup, similar to
> how "alt.atheism" has an "alt.atheism.moderated" newsgroup?

There is sci.astro.research, but the fun of alt.astronomy is that it
is a free-for-all.

Double-A

On 6/28/2012 2:00 PM, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess wrote:

>> In this group, alt.astronomy, the retardation percentage seems even
>> higher!
>>
>> Double-A
>
> Do you not also have an "alt.astronomy.moderated" newsgroup, similar to
> how "alt.atheism" has an "alt.atheism.moderated" newsgroup?

No. I am the moderator of alt.astronomy.
The rules are that there are no rules.
Anything goes.

Andy W
2012-06-28 19:18:33 EST
On Jun 28, 6:12 pm, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A new survey finds that 80 million Americans, or 36 percent of the
> population, believe UFOs are real. One in 10 respondents say they have
> personally witnessed an alien spaceship. And if aliens were to invade
> the country sometime in the next four years, 65 percent of survey
> respondents said President Obama would be better suited for handling the
> invasion than Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

I recall reading a few years back that more Americans claim to have
been abducted by a UFO than own passports. Which means more of them
have been to space than to Spain.

Andy

Fidem Turbare, The Non-existent Atheist Goddess
2012-06-29 04:16:36 EST
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:45:19 -0400
HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/28/2012 2:00 PM, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
> wrote:
>
>>> In this group, alt.astronomy, the retardation percentage seems even
>>> higher!
>>>
>>> Double-A
>>
>> Do you not also have an "alt.astronomy.moderated" newsgroup,
>> similar to how "alt.atheism" has an "alt.atheism.moderated"
>> newsgroup?
>
> No. I am the moderator of alt.astronomy.
> The rules are that there are no rules.
> Anything goes.

I believe you.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or

Devils Advocaat
2012-06-29 04:36:41 EST
On Jun 28, 6:12 pm, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A new survey finds that 80 million Americans, or 36 percent of the
> population, believe UFOs are real. One in 10 respondents say they have
> personally witnessed an alien spaceship. And if aliens were to invade
> the country sometime in the next four years, 65 percent of survey
> respondents said President Obama would be better suited for handling the
> invasion than Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
>
> The market research company Kelton Research conducted the survey by
> polling a random nationwide sample of 1,114 Americans ages 18 and older,
> who were representative of the demographics of the nation as a whole.
> The survey was commissioned by the National Geographic Channel to
> promote its new series "Chasing UFOs."
>
>      '79 percent of people think the government has kept information
> about UFOs a secret from the public.'
>
> - NatGeo survey
>
> To the question of whether they believe aliens have visited Earth, 36
> percent of Americans who were surveyed said they do, 48 percent aren't
> sure, and 17 percent said they don't believe so. More than three in four
> Americans (77 percent) think there are signs that suggest aliens have
> visited the Earth, whether or not they've made up their minds about the
> question.
>
> The results align with other modern studies of UFO belief. For example,
> a 2008 survey of 1,003 adult Americans  conducted by Scripps Howard News
> Service and Ohio University also found that a third of adults believe
> it's either very likely or somewhat likely that intelligent aliens from
> space have visited our planet. One in 12 said they had personally seen a
> mysterious object in the sky that they thought might have been an alien
> spaceship. [7 Huge Misconceptions about Aliens]
>
> More surprisingly, the new NatGeo survey found that a whopping 79
> percent of people think the government has kept information about UFOs a
> secret from the public, and more than half (55 percent) believe there
> are real-life "Men in Black"-style agents who threaten people who spot UFOs.
>
> Regardless of the government's methods, Obama won out over Romney in the
> category of readiness to handle an alien invasion. Incidentally, many
> survey respondents picture that invasion as an "Independence Day"-style
> attack on Washington, D.C.: Nearly one in five think the nation's
> capital is the most likely landing zone for a UFO.
>
> --
> "OK you cunts, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo

Methinks a large chunk of Americans have trouble separating fact from
fiction.

Painius
2012-06-29 09:23:24 EST
On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 01:16:36 -0700, "Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
atheist goddess" <goddess@fidemturbare.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:45:19 -0400
>HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Do you not also have an "alt.astronomy.moderated" newsgroup,
>>> similar to how "alt.atheism" has an "alt.atheism.moderated"
>>> newsgroup?
>>
>> No. I am the moderator of alt.astronomy.
>> The rules are that there are no rules.
>> Anything goes.
>
>I believe you.

Big surprise - coming from another blind sheep. You'll let anyone
lead you to believe anything (as long as they suck up to you in the
right way).

I tell you the truth, you squirm and don't like to hear the truth, so
you believe Harlow.

Big surprise, you cute li'l lambikins.

Happy days *and*...
Starry starry nights !

--
Indelibly yours,
P* @ http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/

Bast
2012-06-29 11:52:34 EST

Devils Advocaat wrote:
> On Jun 28, 6:12 pm, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A new survey finds that 80 million Americans, or 36 percent of the
>> population, believe UFOs are real. One in 10 respondents say they have
>> personally witnessed an alien spaceship. And if aliens were to invade
>> the country sometime in the next four years, 65 percent of survey
>> respondents said President Obama would be better suited for handling
>> the
>> invasion than Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
>>
>> The market research company Kelton Research conducted the survey by
>> polling a random nationwide sample of 1,114 Americans ages 18 and
>> older,
>> who were representative of the demographics of the nation as a whole.
>> The survey was commissioned by the National Geographic Channel to
>> promote its new series "Chasing UFOs."
>>
>> '79 percent of people think the government has kept information
>> about UFOs a secret from the public.'
>>
>> - NatGeo survey
>>
>> To the question of whether they believe aliens have visited Earth, 36
>> percent of Americans who were surveyed said they do, 48 percent aren't
>> sure, and 17 percent said they don't believe so. More than three in
>> four
>> Americans (77 percent) think there are signs that suggest aliens have
>> visited the Earth, whether or not they've made up their minds about the
>> question.
>>
>> The results align with other modern studies of UFO belief. For example,
>> a 2008 survey of 1,003 adult Americans conducted by Scripps Howard News
>> Service and Ohio University also found that a third of adults believe
>> it's either very likely or somewhat likely that intelligent aliens from
>> space have visited our planet. One in 12 said they had personally seen
>> mysterious object in the sky that they thought might have been an alien
>> spaceship. [7 Huge Misconceptions about Aliens]
>>
>> More surprisingly, the new NatGeo survey found that a whopping 79
>> percent of people think the government has kept information about UFOs
>> secret from the public, and more than half (55 percent) believe there
>> are real-life "Men in Black"-style agents who threaten people who spot
>> UFOs.
>>
>> Regardless of the government's methods, Obama won out over Romney in
>> the
>> category of readiness to handle an alien invasion. Incidentally, many
>> survey respondents picture that invasion as an "Independence Day"-style
>> attack on Washington, D.C.: Nearly one in five think the nation's
>> capital is the most likely landing zone for a UFO.
>>
>> --
>> "OK you cunts, let's see what you can do now" -Hit
>> Girlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo
>
> Methinks a large chunk of Americans have trouble separating fact from
> fiction.

Not Me,....I KNOW that anything hvac posts, or claims as fact,... is
fiction.

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)