Research Discussion: Glow In The Dark Sushi

Glow In The Dark Sushi

TOKYO – The first seafood caught off Japan's Fukushima coastline since
last year's nuclear disaster went on sale Monday, but the offerings were
limited to octopus and marine snails because of persisting fears about
radiation.

Octopus and whelk, a kind of marine snail, were chosen for the initial
shipments because testing for radioactive cesium consistently measured
no detectable amounts, according to the Fukushima Prefectural (state)
fishing cooperative. They were caught Friday and boiled so they last
longer while being tested for radiation before they could be sold Monday.

Flounder, sea bass and other fish from Fukushima can't be sold yet
because of contamination. It was unclear when they will be approved for
sale as they measure above the limit in radiation set by the government.
The government is testing for radioactive iodine as well, but its
half-life is shorter than cesium and thus is less worrisome.

"It was crisp when I bit into it, and it tasted so good," said Yasuhiro
Yoshida, who oversees the seafood section at York Benimaru supermarket
in Soma, which sold out of about 30 kilograms (65 pounds) of the snails
and 40 kilograms (90 pounds) of the octopus that had been shipped to the
store.

The March 11 earthquake and tsunami last year left the coastlines of
northeastern Japan devastated, and displaced tens of thousands of
people. Entire towns were contaminated by the radiation leaking from
Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant, where three reactors went into meltdowns.

"I was filled with both uncertainty and hope today, but I was so happy
when I found out the local supermarket had sold out by 3 p.m.," said
Hirofumi Konno, an official in charge of sales at the fishing
cooperative in Soma city in coastal Fukushima.

He said he hoped crabs would be next to go on sale as radiation had not
been detected in them, but he acknowledged things will take time,
perhaps years, especially for other kinds of fish. Radiation amounts
have been decreasing, but cesium lasts years.

The octopus and snail were selling at almost half of what they fetched
before the disaster, he said. But he said people were buying Fukushima
seafood to show support for local fishermen. The items were available
locally but not in the whole prefecture or the Tokyo area.

Nobuyuki Yagi, a University of Tokyo professor studying the fisheries
industry after the disaster, said serious concerns remain over whether
anyone would buy Fukushima fish, and the key lay in finding the types of
fish that don't store radioactive elements.

"Fishing cannot survive unless people buy the fish. That may seem
obvious, but Fukushima is facing up to this," he said in a statement
earlier this month.

Farmlands have also been contaminated, and every grain of rice will be
tested at harvest in some areas before they can be sold. The image of
Fukushima produce has been seriously tarnished, and worried consumers,
especially those with children, are shunning Fukushima-grown food.

"We are in for the long haul," Konno said in a telephone interview.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:39:59 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>TOKYO – The first seafood caught off Japan's Fukushima coastline since
>last year's nuclear disaster went on sale Monday, but the offerings were
>limited to octopus and marine snails because of persisting fears about
>radiation.

I'd eat a ...

I'd eat lunch with a Fukushima Nurse ...

http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/462158766/HOT-SALE--free-shipping-sexy-costume-sexy-nurse-uniform-nurse-underwear--dress-thongs-.jpg

And then study about Aliens for Dessert ...

http://data.whicdn.com/images/8049775/hero-alien-cupcakes_thumb.jpg

... here... http://bit.ly/gsYSvc

http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

For Those Who Want To Know...
http://www.WantToKnow.info

http://BestUFOVideosOnYouTube.site11.com
http://ProjectMotherShip.webng.com

Fidem Turbare, The Non-existent Atheist Goddess
2012-06-25 15:58:32 EST
On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 06:29:45 +1200
Sir Gilligan Horry <GM@ga7rm5er.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:39:59 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> TOKYO – The first seafood caught off Japan's Fukushima coastline
>> since last year's nuclear disaster went on sale Monday, but the
>> offerings were limited to octopus and marine snails because of
>> persisting fears about radiation.
>
> I'd eat a ...
>
> I'd eat lunch with a Fukushima Nurse ...
>
> http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/462158766/HOT-SALE--free-shipping-sexy-costume-sexy-nurse-uniform-nurse-underwear--dress-thongs-.jpg

Wow! Although she's really glowing, aren't you worried about fallout?
She looks like one of those high-maintenance types after all.

> And then study about Aliens for Dessert ...
>
> http://data.whicdn.com/images/8049775/hero-alien-cupcakes_thumb.jpg

That's a great idea for my next batch of cupcakes. Thanks!

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Isaac Asimov once pointed out that no UFOs are flying saucers, because

> TOKYO \ufffd The first seafood caught off Japan's Fukushima coastline since
> last year's nuclear disaster went on sale Monday, but the offerings were
> limited to octopus and marine snails because of persisting fears about
> radiation.
>
> Octopus and whelk, a kind of marine snail, were chosen for

< snip >

If we could get Bast to sit on and vigorously rub against one
of the above mentioned "whelk", we would have "Glow in the dark Tushi" ...
he/she/it is a Lezz ... get it ??? Tushi ... heh

On 6/25/2012 4:41 PM, Hägar wrote:
> "HVAC"<mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> TOKYO – The first seafood caught off Japan's Fukushima coastline since
>> last year's nuclear disaster went on sale Monday, but the offerings were
>> limited to octopus and marine snails because of persisting fears about
>> radiation.
>>
>> Octopus and whelk, a kind of marine snail, were chosen for
>
> < snip>
>
> If we could get Bast to sit on and vigorously rub against one
> of the above mentioned "whelk", we would have "Glow in the dark Tushi" ...
> he/she/it is a Lezz ... get it ??? Tushi ... heh

LOL

Smiler
2012-06-25 22:55:42 EST
On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:58:32 -0700, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
atheist goddess wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 06:29:45 +1200
> Sir Gilligan Horry <GM@ga7rm5er.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:39:59 -0400, HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> TOKYO – The first seafood caught off Japan's Fukushima coastline
>>> since last year's nuclear disaster went on sale Monday, but the
>>> offerings were limited to octopus and marine snails because of
>>> persisting fears about radiation.
>>
>> I'd eat a ...
>>
>> I'd eat lunch with a Fukushima Nurse ...
>>
>> http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/462158766/HOT-SALE--free-shipping-sexy-costume-sexy-nurse-uniform-nurse-underwear--dress-thongs-.jpg
>
> Wow! Although she's really glowing, aren't you worried about fallout?

Nah. Her bra looks like it's a perfect fit!
But why should I worry?

--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

Fidem Turbare, The Non-existent Atheist Goddess
2012-06-25 23:12:20 EST
On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 03:55:42 +0100
Smiler <Youmustbe@JoeKing.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:58:32 -0700, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
> atheist goddess wrote:
> > On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 06:29:45 +1200
> > Sir Gilligan Horry <GM@ga7rm5er.com> wrote:

> >> I'd eat a ...
> >>
> >> I'd eat lunch with a Fukushima Nurse ...
> >>
> >> http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/462158766/HOT-SALE--free-shipping-sexy-costume-sexy-nurse-uniform-nurse-underwear--dress-thongs-.jpg
> >
> > Wow! Although she's really glowing, aren't you worried about
> > fallout?
>
> Nah. Her bra looks like it's a perfect fit!
> But why should I worry?

Nuclear families need to be concerned (at least a little bit) with
fallout, but perhaps you're only interested in the nuclear part?

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."

Smiler
2012-06-26 21:22:44 EST
On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 20:12:20 -0700, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
atheist goddess wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 03:55:42 +0100
> Smiler <Youmustbe@JoeKing.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:58:32 -0700, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
>> atheist goddess wrote:

>> > Wow! Although she's really glowing, aren't you worried about fallout?
>>
>> Nah. Her bra looks like it's a perfect fit! But why should I worry?
>
> Nuclear families need to be concerned (at least a little bit) with
> fallout, but perhaps you're only interested in the nuclear part?

Nope. I'm interested in the parts of her that may fall out, especially if
they do. :-)

--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279