Research Discussion: Good News For Bert

Good News For Bert

Recent work in mice suggested that the immune system is involved in
removing beta-amyloid, the main Alzheimer's-causing substance in the
brain. Researchers have now shown for the first time that this may apply
in humans.

Researchers at the Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry,
University of Exeter with colleagues in the National Institute on Aging
in the USA and in Italy screened the expression levels of thousands of
genes in blood samples from nearly 700 people. The telltale marker of
immune system activity against beta-amyloid, a gene called CCR2, emerged
as the top marker associated with memory in people.

The team used a common clinical measure called the Mini Mental State
Examination to measure memory and other cognitive functions.

The previous work in mice showed that augmenting the CCR2-activated part
of the immune system in the blood stream resulted in improved memory and
functioning in mice susceptible to Alzheimer's disease.

Professor David Melzer, who led the work, commented: "This is a very
exciting result. It may be that CCR2-associated immunity could be
strengthened in humans to slow Alzheimer's disease in cases like Bert
Glazier, but much more work will be needed to ensure that this approach
is safe and effective."

Dr Lorna Harries, co-author, commented: "Identification of a key player
in the interface between immune function and cognitive ability may help
us to gain a better understanding of the disease processes involved in
Alzheimer's disease and related disorders."

Alzheimer's disease is the most common form of dementia and affects
Bert as well as around 496,000 people in the UK.

Researcher H\ufffdgar in California also conducted some test on mice to
come up with a remedy for Alzheimer's, or "Beert's Disease". I found
that the "peen" end of a "ball-peen" hamer, adminstered in brisk stokes,
works wonders on the demented, like our BeeeertBrain ... namely, it
puts them out of their misery and transports them to the dimension of
their choice ... the 11th, in numbnutze's case.

G=EMC^2
2012-06-16 19:17:07 EST
On Jun 16, 6:51 pm, "H gar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Researcher H gar in California also conducted some test on mice to
> come up with a remedy for Alzheimer's, or "Beert's Disease".  I found
> that the "peen" end of a "ball-peen" hamer, adminstered in brisk stokes,
> works wonders on the demented, like our BeeeertBrain ... namely, it
> puts them out of their misery and transports them to the dimension of
> their choice ... the 11th, in numbnutze's case.

G=EMC^2
2012-06-16 19:22:44 EST
On Jun 16, 6:51 pm, "H gar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Researcher H gar in California also conducted some test on mice to
> come up with a remedy for Alzheimer's, or "Beert's Disease".  I found
> that the "peen" end of a "ball-peen" hamer, adminstered in brisk stokes,
> works wonders on the demented, like our BeeeertBrain ... namely, it
> puts them out of their misery and transports them to the dimension of
> their choice ... the 11th, in numbnutze's case.

years of MSP has kept me mentally and physically in good shape. I'm
old and ugly,I only been on MSP for 13 years,but it made me a tough
old bird. TreBert

On 6/16/2012 7:17 PM, G=EMC^2 wrote:
> On Jun 16, 6:51 pm, "H gar"<hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "HVAC"<mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Researcher H gar in California also conducted some test on mice to
>> come up with a remedy for Alzheimer's, or "Beert's Disease". I found
>> that the "peen" end of a "ball-peen" hamer, adminstered in brisk stokes,
>> works wonders on the demented, like our BeeeertBrain ... namely, it
>> puts them out of their misery and transports them to the dimension of
>> their choice ... the 11th, in numbnutze's case.

Great, Bert....You forgot to post. Why am I not surprised?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 16:22:44 -0700 (PDT), "G=EMC^2"
<*0@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 16, 6:51 pm, "H gar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Researcher H gar in California also conducted some test on mice to
>> come up with a remedy for Alzheimer's, or "Beert's Disease".  I found
>> that the "peen" end of a "ball-peen" hamer, adminstered in brisk stokes,
>> works wonders on the demented, like our BeeeertBrain ... namely, it
>> puts them out of their misery and transports them to the dimension of
>> their choice ... the 11th, in numbnutze's case.
>
>years of MSP has kept me mentally and physically in good shape. I'm
>old and ugly,I only been on MSP for 13 years,but it made me a tough
>old bird. TreBert

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSP

Which MSP is it Bert ?

________________________

... here... http://bit.ly/gsYSvc

For Those Who Want To Know...
http://www.WantToKnow.info

http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

On 6/16/2012 7:22 PM, G=EMC^2 wrote:

> years of MSP has kept me mentally and physically in good shape.

I don't know about physically, but mentally you are just a step
above a blithering idiot. And *that's* only because sometimes you forget
to post and therefore aren't 'blithering'.

> I'm old and ugly

Don't be too tough on yourself, Bert....That's what *I* am here for!