Research Discussion: Fast And Furious ... The Final Chapter, Hopefully ...

Fast And Furious ... The Final Chapter, Hopefully ...

By Ben Crystal

Under normal circumstances, it is hard to imagine anyone deriving any
benefit from the President of the United States fumbling the political ball
and then kicking it around the proverbial field.

However, since America has not witnessed a 10-thumbed President since Jimmy
Carter lost the Battle of the Chattahoochee Bunny, it's hard to imagine
anyone finding himself in a position to celebrate such inimitable
ineptitude. In fact, not even the Bumpkin from Plains unleashed an Attorney
General so devoid of decency that he could squeeze a smile from a failed
operation which led directly to the murders of two Federal agents and
hundreds of Mexican nationals.

Unfortunately for America-not to mention the aforementioned Federal agents
and hundreds of Mexican nationals-the Obama Administration has been anything
but normal; and Attorney General Eric Holder could probably crack a grin in
an abattoir.

While Obama has demonstrated increasingly panicked Presidential acumen in
the wake of his deservedly declining popularity, Holder appears to be
enjoying the anonymity afforded to him by a President whose failures are
front page news. And anonymity-even accidental-is precisely what Holder
needs now.

The details regarding the Department of Justice-designed "gunwalking"
program Operation Fast and Furious are a matter of public record. Border
Agent Brian Terry and Immigration officer Jaime Zapata are dead, the number
of Mexicans killed by DoJ-armed narcoterrorists may never be known. Holder
has repeatedly flouted Congressional inquiries into his involvement; even to
the point of employing his boss's favorite defense against criticism: the
race card. "This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can
be identified with him.both due to the nature of our relationship and, you
know, the fact that we're both African-American." The Attorney General, with
the unwavering support of the President, has lied repeatedly regarding what
and when he knew about OFF.

With the corporate media avoiding more than a passing mention of OFF and its
attendant body count, it's no wonder Holder finds time for such worthy
pursuits as delivering Obama's endorsement to Al Sharpton's hate group.
Unfortunately for Holder, his race-based wild ride may soon reach its
ignominious end. While Obama's idiotic antics have dominated the headlines,
Representative Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) has pressed on in an effort to press
Holder for straight answers. And now, Issa and his compatriots are
considering citing Holder for Contempt of Congress for his shocking refusal
to cooperate with the investigation into OFF and its fallout.

Among the items listed in a draft of the Contempt citation: Holder's failure
to acknowledge less than half the material subpoenaed by Issa, Holder's
repeated denials that his closest aides were well aware of OFF-despite Issa's
uncovering of DoJ documents and emails proving otherwise-and Holder's
attempts to cover up the situation by alternately trying to tie it to the
vastly-different Bush-era Operation Wide Receiver and/or shamefully
deploying the clearly maxed-out race card.

I often face questions about what some consider a borderline obsession with
Holder and Operation Fast and Furious. I respond thusly: The chief law
enforcement officer of the United States of America is clearly attempting to
obfuscate his involvement in a remarkably ill-conceived and implemented DoJ
program which produced no results beyond a body count. Combined with the
three stooges-esque bumbling by his boss and their accomplices, chaos is
raging from Sanford, Fla., to Arizona and back. And I'm not describing the
usual chaos which accompanies proactive efforts by Democrats to hide their
complicity in whatever disgrace they've visited upon the Nation. I'm talking
"Detroit the night after the Pistons win the title" chaos.

What I find almost as galling as Holder-and by extension, Obama-stubbornly
refusing to even acknowledge the crimes associated with OFF is the pure
arrogance inherent in continuing Obama's own belief that the
Constitutionally-mandated separation of powers is more of a guideline than
an actual rule.

On a positive note: I'm clearly not the only one who has noticed the
self-consuming self-importance which has overtaken the Democratic Party.
Despite the spectacular campaign of hype and hypocrisy which has been
conducted in defense of Obama and Holder, the President's polling numbers
now show him trailing the hardly-conservative Mitt Romney. I'm not convinced
that terminating Eric Holder at this late hour will be enough to save Obama's
fading hopes. But it might save lives.

Bast
2012-05-15 08:16:00 EST

H\ufffdgar wrote:
> By Ben Crystal
>
> Under normal circumstances, it is hard to imagine anyone deriving any
> benefit from the President of the United States fumbling the political
> ball and then kicking it around the proverbial field.

Fast & Furious will never be over.
G.W started it and Obama carried it on,...so what politicians are going to
go against THEIR own party ?

> H\ufffdgar wrote:
>> By Ben Crystal
>>
>> Under normal circumstances, it is hard to imagine anyone deriving any
>> benefit from the President of the United States fumbling the political
>> ball and then kicking it around the proverbial field.
>>

> Fast & Furious will never be over.
> G.W started it and Obama carried it on,...so what politicians are going to
> go against THEIR own party ?

Bush started it ???? you really are insane, aren't you, muff-diva ...

Antares 531
2012-05-15 12:46:43 EST
On Tue, 15 May 2012 08:23:28 -0700, "Hägar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Bast" <fakename@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>> Hägar wrote:
>>> By Ben Crystal
>>>
>>> Under normal circumstances, it is hard to imagine anyone deriving any
>>> benefit from the President of the United States fumbling the political
>>> ball and then kicking it around the proverbial field.
>>>

>> Fast & Furious will never be over.
>> G.W started it and Obama carried it on,...so what politicians are going to
>> go against THEIR own party ?
>

>Bush started it ???? you really are insane, aren't you, muff-diva ...

Did Bush have a republican congress during his administration, or was
this all instigated by the democrat congress that controlled the
situation while Bush was in office?

I2i
2012-05-15 13:04:03 EST

"Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbell.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 May 2012 08:23:28 -0700, "Hägar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>"Bast" <fakename@nomail.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Fast & Furious will never be over.
>>> G.W started it and Obama carried it on,...so what politicians are going
>>> go against THEIR own party ?
>>

>>Bush started it ???? you really are insane, aren't you, muff-diva ...
>>
> Did Bush have a republican congress during his administration, or was
> this all instigated by the democrat congress that controlled the
> situation while Bush was in office?

it's all george washington's fault dammit

Antares 531
2012-05-15 13:42:17 EST
On Tue, 15 May 2012 13:04:03 -0400, "i2i" <booduh@netzero.net> wrote:

>"Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbell.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 May 2012 08:23:28 -0700, "Hägar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Bast" <fakename@nomail.invalid> wrote in message

>>>Bush started it ???? you really are insane, aren't you, muff-diva ...
>>>
>> Did Bush have a republican congress during his administration, or was
>> this all instigated by the democrat congress that controlled the
>> situation while Bush was in office?
>
>it's all george washington's fault dammit

George Washington surveyed the land that was being granted to my
g-g-g-g-grandfather, out northwest of Winchester, VA. At that time
George was still in his teen years, but he was honest and reliable.

I2i
2012-05-15 13:45:48 EST

> On Tue, 15 May 2012 13:04:03 -0400, "i2i" <booduh@netzero.net> wrote:
>

>>"Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbell.net> wrote in message

>>> Did Bush have a republican congress during his administration, or was
>>> this all instigated by the democrat congress that controlled the
>>> situation while Bush was in office?
>>
>>it's all george washington's fault dammit
>>
> George Washington surveyed the land that was being granted to my
> g-g-g-g-grandfather, out northwest of Winchester, VA. At that time
> George was still in his teen years, but he was honest and reliable.

you can't trust a guy with wooden teeth
and it's abe lincoln's fault too. he started
income taxes to rebuild after the civil war.
do you think we've rebuilt yet ?

Bast
2012-05-16 07:10:13 EST

H\ufffdgar wrote:

>> H\ufffdgar wrote:
>>> By Ben Crystal
>>>
>>> Under normal circumstances, it is hard to imagine anyone deriving any
>>> benefit from the President of the United States fumbling the political
>>> ball and then kicking it around the proverbial field.
>>>

>> Fast & Furious will never be over.
>> G.W started it and Obama carried it on,...so what politicians are
>> going to go against THEIR own party ?
>

> Bush started it ???? you really are insane, aren't you, muff-diva ...

YES BUSH STARTED IT.
And he started the wars with Iraq and Afgahanistan.
And the banker bailouts, and car companies going down the toilet.
And the penatgon LOSING (misplacing) trillions of dollars with no
accountability

Oh yes, there was also that little 9/11 thing that happened on his watch.
As well as having two terms to FIND WALDO bin laden.

Just because Obama lied, and is a useless evil scumball, and hasn't stopped
any thing Bush started, that still does not justify Bush for beginning it in
the first place.

And now Bushie wants us to support Romney to start it all over again ???

.....Ron Paul 2012

Bast
2012-05-16 07:12:58 EST

i2i wrote:
> "Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbell.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 May 2012 13:04:03 -0400, "i2i" <booduh@netzero.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbell.net> wrote in message

>>> it's all george washington's fault dammit
>>>
>> George Washington surveyed the land that was being granted to my
>> g-g-g-g-grandfather, out northwest of Winchester, VA. At that time
>> George was still in his teen years, but he was honest and reliable.
>
> you can't trust a guy with wooden teeth
> and it's abe lincoln's fault too. he started
> income taxes to rebuild after the civil war.
> do you think we've rebuilt yet ?

Uh,... was Lincoln around during WW2,....when income tax was started ?

> H\ufffdgar wrote:
>> "Bast" <fakename@nomail.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Fast & Furious will never be over.
>>> G.W started it and Obama carried it on,...so what politicians are
>>> going to go against THEIR own party ?
>>

>> Bush started it ???? you really are insane, aren't you, muff-diva ...
>

> YES BUSH STARTED IT.
> And he started the wars with Iraq and Afgahanistan.
> And the banker bailouts, and car companies going down the toilet.
> And the penatgon LOSING (misplacing) trillions of dollars with no
> accountability
>
> Oh yes, there was also that little 9/11 thing that happened on his watch.
> As well as having two terms to FIND WALDO bin laden.
>
> Just because Obama lied, and is a useless evil scumball, and hasn't
> stopped any thing Bush started, that still does not justify Bush for
> beginning it in the first place.
>
> And now Bushie wants us to support Romney to start it all over again ???
>
> .....Ron Paul 2012

Must be that time of the month again ... poor Bast ...
hallucinating again ...