Research Discussion: 10 Reasons Obama Will Be Re-Elected

10 Reasons Obama Will Be Re-Elected

Q JINN
2012-03-10 13:56:55 EST
http://mlvb.net/www.thestreet.com/story/11445189/1/10-reasons-obama-will-be-re-elected.html?puc=outbrain&cm_ven=outbrain

10 Reasons Obama Will Be Re-Elected
By Lauren Bloom, Contributor  03/07/12 - 07:00 AM EST

The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market
observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is
separate from the company's news coverage.
More on Opinion

NEW YORK ( TheStreet  ) -- The four remaining candidates for the
Republican presidential nomination have been running hard, and this
week's Super Tuesday primaries are likely to winnow the field. It still
seems likely that former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney will be the
eventual winner, though it remains to be seen whether the protracted and
sometimes bloody battle for the nomination has made him a better
candidate or has left lingering concerns in the minds of voters.
Ultimately, though, it may not matter. President Obama will be
re-elected, and here's why:

1. The Iraq war is over. When President Obama was elected, the U.S. was
embroiled in a messy and expensive war in Iraq. The mission had become
muddled, and President Bush's premature declaration of victory hadn't
brought our exhausted troops home. Obama kept his promise to end the
Iraq war and, along the way, succeeded in killing Osama bin Laden and
several of his key advisors. Now, Obama is starting to wind up the war
in Afghanistan. Making peace is a great way to win elections.

2. The economy is recovering. The market crash of 2008 and the recession
that followed put the country through its toughest times since the Great
Depression. It's not at all clear that presidents can do much to turn
our economy around, but voters blame presidents when the economy is bad
and reward them when things improve. It's probably too soon to be
certain that the economy won't slump back into recession but, if the
stock market continues to rise and unemployment falls, President Obama
will likely get the credit whether he deserves it or not.

3. The Detroit bailout worked. When President Obama took office, the
U.S. automobile industry was in such a shambles that some experts
thought its complete demise was inevitable. Obama took some serious
criticism for agreeing to bail out U.S. automakers, but the program was
a success. The president recently boasted to the United Auto Workers
annual conference that the big three automakers are turning profits,
opening new factories and hiring again. The industry has added more than
200,000 jobs and is building more fuel-efficient cars to boot. Detroit
voters will remember that -- and so will manufacturing workers from
other industries.

4. "Don't ask, don't tell" is over. President Obama kept his promise to
repeal a federal law requiring homosexuals to stay closeted if they
served in the Armed Forces. Now, gay men and women can serve openly.
This change may not please conservative voters (who likely wouldn't have
voted for Obama anyway), but gay voters will approve, as will more
liberal voters who supported the repeal.

5. Health care reform is here. The president's health care reform bill
has taken a lot of criticism from the Republican nominees. But for
voters who needed health insurance or who were paying for expensive
prescription drugs, the new law could be a real godsend. Overall, health
care reform is likely to help the president more than it hurts him.

6. Veterans' benefits are better. There hasn't been much in the
mainstream news about this, but the Obama administration has supported a
range of improvements in military benefits. Veterans' health care access
and quality have improved, job training and child care are more
available, and mortgage fees for deployed military have been reduced.
Veterans who've benefited from the changes may well thank the president
with their votes in November.

7. Congress caused the gridlock. The news has been packed with
embarrassing stories about how badly members of Congress from both sides
of the aisle have behaved of late. The U.S. even suffered a humiliating
downgrade from Standard & Poors because Congress couldn't come together
to manage the nation's finances. Voters know that it's Congress, and not
the president, that has gummed up the works of the federal government,
and Congress' approval ratings are shockingly low. A vote against
Congressional antics may well equal a vote for Obama.

8. He's a great communicator. Obama and his campaign advisors have
already demonstrated their skill at reaching out to voters through the
Internet. That will give the president an advantage over his Republican
rivals, who seem to be less tech-savvy. (Of the four contenders for the
Republican nomination, only Mitt Romney even has a searchable Web site.)
Young voters in particular are likely to respond again to the
president's call; if you tweet them, they will vote.

9. He's an even better debater. Former Speaker of the House Newt
Gingrich has emphasized his own public speaking skills, arguing that
he's the only Republican hopeful who could beat Obama in a one-to-one
debate. Gingrich may well be right, but it doesn't look as though he'll
be the Republican nominee. Mitt Romney has already demonstrated a knack
for making unfortunate verbal gaffes behind the podium, while Obama has
demonstrated time and again that he can make his points while remaining
calm, cool and, well, presidential. That contrast is likely to push
independent voters in Obama's direction.

10. He's the cutest guy at the dance. None of the remaining Republican
candidates is an unqualified superstar. Romney and Gingrich both have
persistent problems with likeability and, while the president needn't
necessarily be likeable to do the job, most voters seem to prefer
candidates with whom they'd like to be personal friends. Former Senator
Rick Santorum is likeable as all get-out, but his strongly conservative,
faith-based views on social issues are liable to alienate more moderate
voters. Ron Paul's libertarian philosophy is shared by few mainstream
Americans. President Obama, by contrast, has a real gift for connecting
with people on a down-to-earth level. Voters who don't like the eventual
Republican nominee will likely turn to Obama even if they don't agree
with all of his positions. A lot can happen in seven months, and the
outcome of the presidential election is far from certain. Still, at
least for now, it looks as though this election is President Obama's to
lose.

"Q JINN" <QuiGon7x@webtv.net> wrote in message
[...]

*** I bet you look really cute with egg all over your face, come November
7th.

Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A.
2012-03-10 23:39:22 EST
On Mar 10, 10:56 am, QuiGo...@webtv.net (Q JINN) wrote:
> [...]
> persistent problems with likeability and, while the president needn't
> necessarily be likeable to do the job, most voters seem to prefer
> candidates with whom they'd like to be personal friends. Former Senator
> Rick Santorum is likeable as all get-out, but his strongly conservative,
> faith-based views on social issues are liable to alienate more moderate
> voters. Ron Paul's libertarian philosophy is shared by few mainstream
> Americans. President Obama, by contrast, has a real gift for connecting
> with people on a down-to-earth level. Voters who don't like the eventual
> Republican nominee will likely turn to Obama even if they don't agree
> with all of his positions. A lot can happen in seven months, and the
> outcome of the presidential election is far from certain. Still, at
> least for now, it looks as though this election is President Obama's to

I'll tell you ONE reason he will be re-elected, because the GOP are
nincompoops, useless eaters, life unworthy of life, scum, parasites,
fools, dupes, suckers, criminals and swindlers; and their followers
are even worse; for example: The Traitor® and Häger. Okay, that was
more than one reason, but you get the picture.

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:39:22 -0800 (PST), "Sir Arthur C.B.E.

> [...]
>> voters. Ron Paul's libertarian philosophy is shared by few mainstream
>> Americans. President Obama, by contrast, has a real gift for connecting
>> with people on a down-to-earth level. Voters who don't like the eventual
>> Republican nominee will likely turn to Obama even if they don't agree
>> with all of his positions. A lot can happen in seven months, and the
>> outcome of the presidential election is far from certain. Still, at
>> least for now, it looks as though this election is President Obama's to
>> lose.

>I'll tell you ONE reason he will be re-elected, because the GOP are
>nincompoops, useless eaters, life unworthy of life, scum, parasites,
>fools, dupes, suckers, criminals and swindlers; and their followers
>are even worse; for example: The TraitorR and Hager. Okay, that was
>more than one reason, but you get the picture.

Let's hope you own Area-51,
dear Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A.

Because if Area-51 is owned by...

"Most of you ignore that non-human creatures took part in the exercise
of those centralising powers without them being neither suspected nor
accessible to your senses. This is so true that they have almost very
subtly taken control. They do not necessarily stand on your material
plan, and that is precisely what could make them extremely efficient
and frightening in the near future. However, be aware that a large
number of your representatives are fighting this danger !"

... then I'm wasting my time.
And planet Earth is just gonna be a pale blue dot crap planet speck of
hell,
in the clusters and clouds of galaxies in the Universe.

Oh, like it has been for 50,000 years or longer ?

http://www.pc-free-games.com/scr2/rome-total-war-gold-edition.jpg

All the good people are being killed over the past 50 years.

________________________________

... here... http://bit.ly/gsYSvc

For Those Who Want To Know...
http://www.WantToKnow.info

http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

"Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A." <science@zzz.com> wrote in message
On Mar 10, 10:56 am, QuiGo...@webtv.net (Q JINN) wrote:
> http://mlvb.net/www.thestreet.com/story/11445189/1/10-reasons-obama-w...

< snipped to conserve virtual paper >

I'll tell you ONE reason he will be re-elected, because the GOP are
nincompoops, useless eaters, life unworthy of life, scum, parasites,
fools, dupes, suckers, criminals and swindlers; and their followers
are even worse; for example: The Traitor\ufffd and H\ufffdger. Okay, that was more
than one reason, but you get the picture.

*** I tried being a loser like yourself once, but the mental
anguish was too much. Say, when did you get your
Lobotomy ??

The Patriot
2012-03-11 15:30:11 EST

"H\ufffdgar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> [...]
> Rick Santorum is likeable as all get-out, but his
> strongly conservative,
> faith-based views on social issues are liable to
> alienate more moderate
> voters. Ron Paul's libertarian philosophy is shared
> by few mainstream
> Americans. President Obama, by contrast, has a real
> gift for connecting
> with people on a down-to-earth level. Voters who
> don't like the eventual
> Republican nominee will likely turn to Obama even if
> they don't agree
> with all of his positions. A lot can happen in seven
> months, and the
> outcome of the presidential election is far from
> certain. Still, at
> least for now, it looks as though this election is
> President Obama's to
> lose.
>

> *** I bet you look really cute with egg all over your
Well Hell! The above ten items was put out by the
White House and are the same lies told over and over.
The Liberals keep repeating these lies thinking some
folks will believe anything and sure as hell they will.
See comments by Q JINN.

The Patriot
2012-03-11 15:32:28 EST

<*e@zzz.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> don't like the eventual
> Republican nominee will likely turn to Obama even if
> they don't agree
> with all of his positions. A lot can happen in seven
> months, and the
> outcome of the presidential election is far from
> certain. Still, at
> least for now, it looks as though this election is
> President Obama's to
> lose.

I'll tell you ONE reason he will be re-elected, because
the GOP are
nincompoops, useless eaters, life unworthy of life,
scum, parasites,
fools, dupes, suckers, criminals and swindlers; and
their followers
are even worse; for example: The Traitor\ufffd and H\ufffdger.
Okay, that was
more than one reason, but you get the picture.

Take your meds Holeflapper. The White Coats are just
around the corner.

Rwalker
2012-03-11 23:22:22 EST
On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:30:11 -0700, "The Patriot" <xxxxxx@charter.net>
wrote:

> [...]
>> Americans. President Obama, by contrast, has a real
>> gift for connecting
>> with people on a down-to-earth level. Voters who
>> don't like the eventual
>> Republican nominee will likely turn to Obama even if
>> they don't agree
>> with all of his positions. A lot can happen in seven
>> months, and the
>> outcome of the presidential election is far from
>> certain. Still, at
>> least for now, it looks as though this election is
>> President Obama's to
>> lose.
>>

>> *** I bet you look really cute with egg all over your
>> face, come November 7th.
>Well Hell! The above ten items was put out by the
>White House and are the same lies told over and over.
>The Liberals keep repeating these lies thinking some
>folks will believe anything and sure as hell they will.

As usual, someone who calls himself a "Patriot" is far-right fascist
scum.

Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A.
2012-03-11 23:40:44 EST
On Mar 11, 8:22 pm, rwalker <rwal...@despammed.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >> don't like the eventual
> >> Republican nominee will likely turn to Obama even if
> >> they don't agree
> >> with all of his positions. A lot can happen in seven
> >> months, and the
> >> outcome of the presidential election is far from
> >> certain. Still, at
> >> least for now, it looks as though this election is
> >> President Obama's to
> >> lose.
>
> >> *** I bet you look really cute with egg all over your
> >> face, come November 7th.
> >Well Hell!  The above ten items was put out by the
> >White House and are the same lies told over and over.
> >The Liberals keep repeating these lies thinking some
> >folks will believe anything and sure as hell they will.
> >See comments by Q JINN.
>
> As usual, someone who calls himself a "Patriot" is far-right fascist

The Patriot is a Traitor.

On Mar 11, 8:22 pm, rwalker <rwal...@despammed.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:30:11 -0700, "The Patriot" <xxx...@charter.net>
> wrote:

< snip the usual Liberal drivel >

> As usual, someone who calls himself a "Patriot" is far-right fascist
> scum.

I'd rather be labeled a "far right fascist" than a "Libersl" ... after
all Liberalism is a Mental Disorder ... just look at the piece of shit
you elected ... he's still stroking you and you don't even know it:

www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=qKdScVerrBU&vg=medium

The Patriot is a Traitor.