Research Discussion: Buy A Volt ...

Buy A Volt ...

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

... after all, it's your tax money ... bwahahahahahhh

http://conservativebyte.com/2012/02/see-the-chevy-volt-parody-ad-that-gm-probably-doesnt-like/

I think every Liberal should own one ...

On Feb 26, 7:44 pm, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ... after all, it's your tax money ... bwahahahahahhh
>
> http://conservativebyte.com/2012/02/see-the-chevy-volt-parody-ad-that...
>
> I think every Liberal should own one ...

Just because your Studebaker truck runs 10 miles on a hundred pounds
of coal, is not a good enough reason for the rest of us to entirely
give up on the electrics, especially with gasoline and diesel headed
towards $10/gallon, when fuel cells are capable of delivering 60%
efficiency and there's no global shortage of hydrogen, or in you case
of unlimited personal methane via deep-fried roadkill. There's also
Boeing PVs running at 100% efficiency of converting the available
sunlight into electrons, that can be directly utilized and/or easily
stored in a super-capacitor or simply via lithium or h2o2 batteries.
There's also my dual fuel ICE (micro radial turbine) that uses HTP
plus only a little portion of quality synfuel or just about any old
liquid or gaseous hydrocarbon, for delivering by far the most miles
per gallon of most any synfuel, and it gets better yet when combusted
along with water vapor or in this case by using HTP that'll offer the
most bang per kg of hydrocarbon, and of course there's minimal CO2 and
always zero NOx.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

On Feb 26, 7:44 pm, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ... after all, it's your tax money ... bwahahahahahhh
>
> http://conservativebyte.com/2012/02/see-the-chevy-volt-parody-ad-that...
>
> I think every Liberal should own one ...

Just because your Studebaker truck runs 10 miles on a hundred pounds
of coal, is not a good enough reason for the rest of us to entirely
give up on the electrics, especially with gasoline and diesel headed
towards $10/gallon, when fuel cells are capable of delivering 60%
efficiency and there's no global shortage of hydrogen, or in you case
of unlimited personal methane via deep-fried roadkill. There's also
Boeing PVs running at 100% efficiency of converting the available
sunlight into electrons, that can be directly utilized and/or easily
stored in a super-capacitor or simply via lithium or h2o2 batteries.
There's also my dual fuel ICE (micro radial turbine) that uses

********************************
You should get together with BeeertBrain and his many energy
saving pipe dreams and schemes ... between the two of you,
the No Bell Prize might become a reality ... unless Nurse Ratchet nabs your
sorry asses first ... back to the Cuckoo's nest ...

Andrew W
2012-02-27 15:48:17 EST
"H\ufffdgar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ... after all, it's your tax money ... bwahahahahahhh
>
> http://conservativebyte.com/2012/02/see-the-chevy-volt-parody-ad-that-gm-probably-doesnt-like/
>
> I think every Liberal should own one ...

12 Myths About Electric Vehicles
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/myths-electic-cars-vehicles.htm

Electric Vehicles: Myths vs. Reality
http://www.sierraclub.org/electric-vehicles/myths.aspx

If you don't like electric cars then there's hybrid. Then you never have to
plug into an electric socket.

Larry Kroger
2012-02-27 17:42:27 EST
On 2/26/2012 7:44 PM, Hägar wrote:
> ... after all, it's your tax money ... bwahahahahahhh
>
> http://conservativebyte.com/2012/02/see-the-chevy-volt-parody-ad-that-gm-probably-doesnt-like/
>
> I think every Liberal should own one ...

It's vaguely tempting to buy a Volt, in that how else can you get
something that cost $250,000 to make for at the (pardon the expression)
fire sale price of $38,000. I mean, kidding aside, it looks like a neat
car, and the real issue isn't that it's likely to burn. The problem is,
even at that subsidized price, it's expensive. And the thing that the
Obamas of the world seem incapable of grasping is that it's more
wasteful to subsidize expensive stuff than to let people buy cheap
stuff. It's all just payoffs and posturing, and we're left with debts
and a few rich yuppies showing off their cool toys.

FWIW, the "official" websites:

http://www.obamavolt2012.com/

http://www.bailoutcost.com/

I'd quibble with their presentation to this extent: The auto bailouts
were initiated by George Bush, who briefly held the dubious honor of
being the most fiscally irresponsible president America has ever had,
before Barrack Obama quickly snatched the crown away from him. Will the
Republicans field a candidate who will halt the insanity, or is the
dysfunction unstoppable before the system actually collapses?

On Feb 27, 12:16 pm, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Feb 26, 7:44 pm, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > ... after all, it's your tax money ... bwahahahahahhh
>
> >http://conservativebyte.com/2012/02/see-the-chevy-volt-parody-ad-that...
>
> > I think every Liberal should own one ...
>
> Just because your Studebaker truck runs 10 miles on a hundred pounds
> of coal, is not a good enough reason for the rest of us to entirely
> give up on the electrics, especially with gasoline and diesel headed
> towards $10/gallon, when fuel cells are capable of delivering 60%
> efficiency and there's no global shortage of hydrogen, or in you case
> of unlimited personal methane via deep-fried roadkill.  There's also
> Boeing PVs running at 100% efficiency of converting the available
> sunlight into electrons, that can be directly utilized and/or easily
> stored in a super-capacitor or simply via lithium or h2o2 batteries.
> There's also my dual fuel ICE (micro radial turbine) that uses
>
>         ********************************
> You should get together with BeeertBrain and his many energy
> saving pipe dreams and schemes ... between the two of you,
> the No Bell Prize might become a reality ... unless Nurse Ratchet nabs your
> sorry asses first ... back to the Cuckoo's nest ...

Except my method works like a charm as is.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

The Patriot

**************************************************************So Guthball, run out and buy a Volt. Oh yes, don'tforget to ask about the Amps and Watts while you are atthe dealers.

"H\ufffdgar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ... after all, it's your tax money ... bwahahahahahhh
>
> http://conservativebyte.com/2012/02/see-the-chevy-volt-parody-ad-that-gm-probably-doesnt-like/
>
> I think every Liberal should own one ...

The only people making ANY money on the Volt are the car dealers who sell
them to each other, in order to snag the $7500 incentive from the
Government. Then they sit on the lot as expensive, but used clunkers,
hatched by an insanity wrought Administration of Liberal doofi.

Andrew W
2012-02-28 16:47:24 EST

> "H\ufffdgar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> ... after all, it's your tax money ... bwahahahahahhh
>>
>> http://conservativebyte.com/2012/02/see-the-chevy-volt-parody-ad-that-gm-probably-doesnt-like/
>>
>> I think every Liberal should own one ...
>>

> The only people making ANY money on the Volt are the car dealers who sell
> them to each other, in order to snag the $7500 incentive from the
> Government. Then they sit on the lot as expensive, but used clunkers,
> hatched by an insanity wrought Administration of Liberal doofi.

Hybrid cars are our future.

On Feb 28, 1:47 pm, "Andrew W" <remove_ajwer...@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:
> "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> ... after all, it's your tax money ... bwahahahahahhh
>
> >>http://conservativebyte.com/2012/02/see-the-chevy-volt-parody-ad-that...
>
> >> I think every Liberal should own one ...
>
> > The only people making ANY money on the Volt are the car dealers who sell
> > them to each other, in order to snag the $7500 incentive from the
> > Government.  Then they sit on the lot as expensive, but used clunkers,
> > hatched by an insanity wrought Administration of Liberal doofi.
>
> Hybrid cars are our future.

Exactly, and I can provide a 100 kg motor-generator of 100 kw that
doesn't create 10% as much CO2 and zero NOx, as a hybrid that would
make a full scale Hummer yield 100 mpg from the quality coal-synfuel
and a 32 kwhr battery, and otherwise a more sensible car/SUV that'll
provide 200 MPG with only a 16 kwhr battery.

However, a third of us could get by quite nicely with a purely
electric offering the range of 25~30 miles per day, because that could
be recharged without overloading the existing grid. A double recharge
per day could offer 60 miles range without having any hydrocarbon
engine of spendy fuel cell to keep resupplied with fuel.

The all-inclusive cost of the battery (including its financing and
servicing) has to get below $0.10/mile, and right now it's worth at
least half again that much, or roughly double that much if when you
care to include the cost of recharging it. $0.25~$0.30/mile is not
very affordable, especially when you're paying such a high entry level
price for the all-electric to begin with, and your full comprehensive
insurance is half again as spendy to boot, plus hefty state tax and
license fees.

Most of us couldn't afford to keep and utilize an all-electric if it
were given to us.