Research Discussion: Quid-pro-Quo ... How It Really Works ...

Quid-pro-Quo ... How It Really Works ...

"Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The
University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs for
community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff
diversity and minority contracting'.

In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly
twice what her husband made as a Senator.

Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested a $1
million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!

Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain
unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth
$317,000?

Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time,

20-hours-a-week job.

20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year

$317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.

My thoughts: How did this bit of "quid pro quo" (scratch my back - I'll
scratch yours) corruption escape the sharp reporters that dug through Sarah
Palin's garbage and kindergarten files?

Recession is when your neighbor loses his job.

Depression is when you lose your job.

Recovery is when Obama loses his job.

G=EMC^2
2012-01-27 10:11:04 EST
On Jan 27, 8:39 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The
> University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs for
> community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff
> diversity and minority contracting'.
>
> In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly
> twice what her husband made as a Senator.
>
> Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested a $1
> million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!
>
> Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain
> unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth
> $317,000?
>
> Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time,
>
> 20-hours-a-week job.
>
> 20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year
>
> $317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.
>
> My thoughts: How did this bit of "quid pro quo" (scratch my back - I'll
> scratch yours) corruption escape the sharp reporters that dug through Sarah
> Palin's garbage and kindergarten files?
>
> Recession is when your neighbor loses his job.
>
> Depression is when you lose your job.
>
> Recovery is when Obama loses his job.

Mrs Obama educated at top college and was top student. She is smartest
first lady ever. You would never post these facts . Reason like all
GOPers in your heart you hate black Americans. Saw few at the GOP
debates. Few at Palin's tea party. Few working for Waste Management.
Obama will win showing all the trillions GOPers stole from the
treasury. You will notice Rick Scott after stealing 1.7 billion from
medicare and taking the 5th 75 times the Godfather will keep his face
off TV till things cool down. Money always get GOPers in trouble
since the days of Nixon Get the picture yet? TreBert

"G=EMC^2" <herbertglazier0@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jan 27, 8:39 am, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The
> University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs
> for
> community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff
> diversity and minority contracting'.
>
> In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly
> twice what her husband made as a Senator.
>
> Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested a
> $1
> million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!
>
> Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will
> remain
> unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be
> worth
> $317,000?
>
> Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time,
>
> 20-hours-a-week job.
>
> 20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year
>
> $317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.
>
> My thoughts: How did this bit of "quid pro quo" (scratch my back - I'll
> scratch yours) corruption escape the sharp reporters that dug through
> Sarah
> Palin's garbage and kindergarten files?
>
> Recession is when your neighbor loses his job.
>
> Depression is when you lose your job.
>
> Recovery is when Obama loses his job.

Mrs Obama educated at top college and was top student. She is smartest
first lady ever. You would never post these facts .

*** And you know this ... how ???? She was disbarred in 2002 or
there abouts. Their collegiate records are sealed, but you, the dumbest
asshole on the planet, have the facts ??? I don't think so, bud.
She's not all that smart or was involved in some sort of "crookery", which
is more likely. After all, Hillary was a conniving bitch as well during her
terror reign as First Lady.

Reason like all
GOPers in your heart you hate black Americans. Saw few at the GOP
debates. Few at Palin's tea party. Few working for Waste Management.
Obama will win showing all the trillions GOPers stole from the
treasury. You will notice Rick Scott after stealing 1.7 billion from
medicare and taking the 5th 75 times the Godfather will keep his face
off TV till things cool down. Money always get GOPers in trouble
since the days of Nixon Get the picture yet? TreBert

Larry Kroger
2012-01-28 21:52:50 EST
On 1/27/2012 5:39 AM, Hägar wrote:
> "Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The
> University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs for
> community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff
> diversity and minority contracting'.
>
> In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly
> twice what her husband made as a Senator.
>
> Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested a $1
> million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!
>
> Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain
> unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth
> $317,000?
>
> Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time,
>
> 20-hours-a-week job.
>
> 20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year
>
> $317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.

I was curious, so I Googled and found a "Fact Check" analysis of this
report:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/michelle-obamas-salary/

This says the report you cited is wrong in some details; for example,
Michelle's salary was indeed reduced as she cut back her hours. It
acknowledges that Sen. Obama was indeed working to funnel Federal money
to the hospital, but denies a provable linkage to Michelle's salary.

Seems to me the essence of the report is accurate. Michelle held one of
those cushy high-level jobs that you get if you've got a lot of
influence; the kind of job that has no practical function beyond
funneling the people's money into some bigwig's pocket, but it fills a
pigeonhole demanded by the political bureaucracy ("Look! We have a
department to outreach to the community!") Meanwhile, the boy in
Washington keeps money flowing to the local fat cats. A sweet deal for
everyone except the taxpayers and the people that look to a hospital for
medical attention rather than "community outreach" and the like.

Larry Kroger
2012-01-28 22:06:47 EST
On 1/28/2012 12:37 PM, Hägar wrote:
> "G=EMC^2"<herbertglazier0@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jan 27, 8:39 am, "Hägar"<hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The
>> University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs
>> for
>> community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff
>> diversity and minority contracting'.
>>
>> In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly
>> twice what her husband made as a Senator.
>>
>> Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested a
>> $1
>> million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!
>>
>> Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will
>> remain
>> unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be
>> worth
>> $317,000?
>>
>> Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time,
>>
>> 20-hours-a-week job.
>>
>> 20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year
>>
>> $317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.
>>
>> My thoughts: How did this bit of "quid pro quo" (scratch my back - I'll
>> scratch yours) corruption escape the sharp reporters that dug through
>> Sarah
>> Palin's garbage and kindergarten files?
>>
>> Recession is when your neighbor loses his job.
>>
>> Depression is when you lose your job.
>>
>> Recovery is when Obama loses his job.
>
> Mrs Obama educated at top college and was top student. She is smartest
> first lady ever. You would never post these facts .
>
> *** And you know this ... how ???? She was disbarred in 2002 or
> there abouts. Their collegiate records are sealed, but you, the dumbest
> asshole on the planet, have the facts ??? I don't think so, bud.
> She's not all that smart or was involved in some sort of "crookery", which
> is more likely. After all, Hillary was a conniving bitch as well during her
> terror reign as First Lady.

I had to Google that question also. It's hard to sort the reality from
the spin. But it seems that Michelle was not disbarred; she merely let
her license to practice lapse. Some assert that this lapse is
court-ordered, and suggest that she would have been disbarred but they
gave her the option of quietly retiring. Others counter that there are
perfectly valid reasons someone might voluntarily choose to let their
license lapse: Why pay the considerable expenses to maintain it if
you're not actively practicing? And the court order, they say, is part
of the process, and not proof of wrongdoing. If there are any records of
a situation that would have resulted in her disbarment, they haven't
surfaced.

Bottom line: You may think there's an ugly back story here, and you may
be right. But without proof, you're not going to convince anyone who
doesn't already regard her as a skunk. For public discussion, you might
as well give Michelle the benefit of the doubt.

On Jan 28, 6:52 pm, Larry Kroger <a...@nowhere.net> wrote:
> On 1/27/2012 5:39 AM, Hägar wrote:
>

> > "Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The
> > University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs for
> > community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff
> > diversity and minority contracting'.
>
> > In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly
> > twice what her husband made as a Senator.
>
> > Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested a $1
> > million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!
>
> > Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain
> > unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth
> > $317,000?
>
> > Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time,
>
> > 20-hours-a-week job.
>
> > 20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year
>
> > $317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.
>
> I was curious, so I Googled and found a "Fact Check" analysis of this
> report:
>
> http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/michelle-obamas-salary/
>
> This says the report you cited is wrong in some details; for example,
> Michelle's salary was indeed reduced as she cut back her hours. It
> acknowledges that Sen. Obama was indeed working to funnel Federal money
> to the hospital, but denies a provable linkage to Michelle's salary.
>
> Seems to me the essence of the report is accurate. Michelle held one of
> those cushy high-level jobs that you get if you've got a lot of
> influence; the kind of job that has no practical function beyond
> funneling the people's money into some bigwig's pocket, but it fills a
> pigeonhole demanded by the political bureaucracy ("Look! We have a
> department to outreach to the community!") Meanwhile, the boy in
> Washington keeps money flowing to the local fat cats. A sweet deal for
> everyone except the taxpayers and the people that look to a hospital for
> medical attention rather than "community outreach" and the like.

The whole two party system sucks and blows, especially with the pig
humping likes of Hagar telling us whatever we can or can not do.

http://translate.google.com/#

"Larry Kroger" <anon@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> spin. But it seems that Michelle was not disbarred; she merely let her
> license to practice lapse. Some assert that this lapse is court-ordered,
> and suggest that she would have been disbarred but they gave her the
> option of quietly retiring. Others counter that there are perfectly valid
> reasons someone might voluntarily choose to let their license lapse: Why
> pay the considerable expenses to maintain it if you're not actively
> practicing? And the court order, they say, is part of the process, and not
> proof of wrongdoing. If there are any records of a situation that would
> have resulted in her disbarment, they haven't surfaced.
>
> Bottom line: You may think there's an ugly back story here, and you may be
> right. But without proof, you're not going to convince anyone who doesn't
> already regard her as a skunk. For public discussion, you might as well

So answer me this, oh sage one ... why would someone endure the
stress years in a college/university environment and the difficulty of
passing the Bar exam, just to say "OK, I did it, now I quit" ...
There are perhaps people who are motivated by unselfishness who
would voluntarily let a license lapse for the common good of
mankind, but alas, the Obamas clan does not possess any of that
DNA ... they are much closer related to piranhas. Greed seems to
be their reigning motif and that is in stark contrast with ceding anything
to anyone at any time, voluntarily.

On Jan 28, 6:52 pm, Larry Kroger <a...@nowhere.net> wrote:
> On 1/27/2012 5:39 AM, H\ufffdgar wrote:
>

> > "Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The
> > University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs
> > for
> > community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff
> > diversity and minority contracting'.
>
> > In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 -
> > nearly
> > twice what her husband made as a Senator.
>
> > Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested
> > a $1
> > million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!
>
> > Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will
> > remain
> > unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be
> > worth
> > $317,000?
>
> > Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time,
>
> > 20-hours-a-week job.
>
> > 20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year
>
> > $317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.
>
> I was curious, so I Googled and found a "Fact Check" analysis of this
> report:
>
> http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/michelle-obamas-salary/
>
> This says the report you cited is wrong in some details; for example,
> Michelle's salary was indeed reduced as she cut back her hours. It
> acknowledges that Sen. Obama was indeed working to funnel Federal money
> to the hospital, but denies a provable linkage to Michelle's salary.
>
> Seems to me the essence of the report is accurate. Michelle held one of
> those cushy high-level jobs that you get if you've got a lot of
> influence; the kind of job that has no practical function beyond
> funneling the people's money into some bigwig's pocket, but it fills a
> pigeonhole demanded by the political bureaucracy ("Look! We have a
> department to outreach to the community!") Meanwhile, the boy in
> Washington keeps money flowing to the local fat cats. A sweet deal for
> everyone except the taxpayers and the people that look to a hospital for
> medical attention rather than "community outreach" and the like.

The whole two party system sucks and blows, especially with the pig
humping likes of Hagar telling us whatever we can or can not do.

http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / \ufffdGuth Usenet\ufffd

First off, you imbecelic Loon, the Pig Humping likes of ME are trying
to get rid of the people who are telling us what to do. But then, you're
too fucked up in the head to realize that the Liberals are playing you
sheeple like a fine Stradivarius, while emptying your pockets and filling
those of their cronies. Get a life Guthball ...

REDRUM KILGORE
2012-01-29 19:19:15 EST
On Jan 27, 8:39 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The
> University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs for
> community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff
> diversity and minority contracting'.
>
> In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly
> twice what her husband made as a Senator.
>
> Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested a $1
> million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!
>
> Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain
> unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth
> $317,000?
>
> Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time,
>
> 20-hours-a-week job.
>
> 20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year
>
> $317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.
>
> My thoughts: How did this bit of "quid pro quo" (scratch my back - I'll
> scratch yours) corruption escape the sharp reporters that dug through Sarah
> Palin's garbage and kindergarten files?
>
> Recession is when your neighbor loses his job.
>
> Depression is when you lose your job.
>
> Recovery is when Obama loses his job.

Thoughts? You have no thoughts, Hagar -- only random electrical
misfirings in that unicellular morass that you regard as a brain.

P.S. Quid pro quo does not refer to what you get for pimping
Chlamydia, Hagar.

On Jan 29, 8:19 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jan 28, 6:52 pm, Larry Kroger <a...@nowhere.net> wrote:
>

> > On 1/27/2012 5:39 AM, Hägar wrote:
>
> > > "Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The
> > > University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs
> > > for
> > > community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff
> > > diversity and minority contracting'.
>
> > > In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 -
> > > nearly
> > > twice what her husband made as a Senator.
>
> > > Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested
> > > a $1
> > > million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!
>
> > > Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will
> > > remain
> > > unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be
> > > worth
> > > $317,000?
>
> > > Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time,
>
> > > 20-hours-a-week job.
>
> > > 20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year
>
> > > $317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.
>
> > I was curious, so I Googled and found a "Fact Check" analysis of this
> > report:
>
> >http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/michelle-obamas-salary/
>
> > This says the report you cited is wrong in some details; for example,
> > Michelle's salary was indeed reduced as she cut back her hours. It
> > acknowledges that Sen. Obama was indeed working to funnel Federal money
> > to the hospital, but denies a provable linkage to Michelle's salary.
>
> > Seems to me the essence of the report is accurate. Michelle held one of
> > those cushy high-level jobs that you get if you've got a lot of
> > influence; the kind of job that has no practical function beyond
> > funneling the people's money into some bigwig's pocket, but it fills a
> > pigeonhole demanded by the political bureaucracy ("Look! We have a
> > department to outreach to the community!") Meanwhile, the boy in
> > Washington keeps money flowing to the local fat cats. A sweet deal for
> > everyone except the taxpayers and the people that look to a hospital for
> > medical attention rather than "community outreach" and the like.
>
> The whole two party system sucks and blows, especially with the pig
> humping likes of Hagar telling us whatever we can or can not do.
>
>  http://translate.google.com/#
>  Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”
>
>         *****************************************
> First off, you imbecelic Loon, the Pig Humping likes of ME are trying
> to get rid of the people who are telling us what to do.  But then, you're
> too fucked up in the head to realize that the Liberals are playing you
> sheeple like a fine Stradivarius, while emptying your pockets and filling
> those of their cronies. Get a life Guthball ...

You've had how many decades worth of do-overs?

Do you think we can outlast another spendy war dependent decade of
your redneck spewing hate and ethnic faith-based racism via bashing
and whining that hasn't managed to put yourself or anyone that agrees
with you in charge of squat?

Is there anyone in federal government or that of its many agencies
that we're all supposed to like what they've done, are doing and plan
to do next?

http://translate.google.com/#