Research Discussion: Obama's Unemployment Definition

Obama's Unemployment Definition

Abbott and Costello

COSTELLO: I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America.
ABBOTT: Good Subject. Terrible times. It's 9%.

COSTELLO: That many people are out of work?
ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.

COSTELLO: You just said 9%.
ABBOTT: 9% Unemployed.

COSTELLO: Right 9% out of work.
ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.

COSTELLO: Okay, so it's 16% unemployed.
ABBOTT: No, that's 9%...

COSTELLO: Wait a minute. Is it 9% or 16%?
ABBOTT: 9% are unemployed. 16% are out of work.

COSTELLO: IF you are out of work you are unemployed.
ABBOTT: No, you can't count the "Out of Work" as the unemployed. You have
to look for work to be unemployed.

COSTELLO: BUT THEY ARE OUT OF WORK!
ABBOTT: No, you miss my point.

COSTELLO: What point?
ABBOTT: Someone who doesn't look for work, can't be counted with those who
look for work. It wouldn't be fair.

COSTELLO: To whom?
ABBOTT: The unemployed.

COSTELLO: But they are ALL out of work.
ABBOTT: No, the unemployed are actively looking for work. Those who are
out of work stopped looking. They gave up. And, if you give up, you are no
longer in the ranks of the unemployed.

COSTELLO: So if you're off the unemployment roles, that would count as less
unemployment?
ABBOTT: Unemployment would go down. Absolutely!

COSTELLO: The unemployment just goes down because you don't look for work?
ABBOTT: Absolutely it goes down. That's how you get to 9%. Otherwise it
would be 16%. You don't want to read about 16% unemployment do ya?

COSTELLO: That would be frightening.
ABBOTT: Absolutely.

COSTELLO: Wait, I got a question for you. That means they're two ways to
bring down the unemployment number?
ABBOTT: Two ways is correct.

COSTELLO: Unemployment can go down if someone gets a job?
ABBOTT: Correct.

OSTELLO: And unemployment can also go down if you stop looking for a job?
ABBOTT: Bingo.

COSTELLO: So there are two ways to bring unemployment down, and the easier
of the two is to just stop looking for work.
ABBOTT: Now you're thinking like an economist.

COSTELLO: I don't even know what the heck I just said!

And now you know why Obama's unemployment figures are improving!

G=EMC^2
2012-01-26 09:09:21 EST
On Jan 25, 7:44 pm, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Abbott and Costello
>
> COSTELLO:  I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America.
> ABBOTT:  Good Subject.  Terrible times.  It's 9%.
>
> COSTELLO: That many people are out of work?
> ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.
>
> COSTELLO:  You just said 9%.
> ABBOTT:  9% Unemployed.
>
> COSTELLO:  Right 9% out of work.
> ABBOTT:  No, that's 16%.
>
> COSTELLO: Okay, so it's 16% unemployed.
> ABBOTT: No, that's 9%...
>
> COSTELLO:  Wait a minute.  Is it 9% or 16%?
> ABBOTT: 9% are unemployed. 16% are out of work.
>
> COSTELLO:  IF you are out of work you are unemployed.
> ABBOTT:  No, you can't count the "Out of Work" as the unemployed.  You have
> to look for work to be unemployed.
>
> COSTELLO:  BUT THEY ARE OUT OF WORK!
> ABBOTT:  No, you miss my point.
>
> COSTELLO:  What point?
> ABBOTT:  Someone who doesn't look for work, can't be counted with those who
> look for work.  It wouldn't be fair.
>
> COSTELLO:  To whom?
> ABBOTT:  The unemployed.
>
> COSTELLO:  But they are ALL out of work.
> ABBOTT:  No, the unemployed are actively looking for work.  Those who are
> out of work stopped looking.  They gave up.  And, if you give up, you are no
> longer in the ranks of the unemployed.
>
> COSTELLO:  So if you're off the unemployment roles, that would count as less
> unemployment?
> ABBOTT:  Unemployment would go down.  Absolutely!
>
> COSTELLO:  The unemployment just goes down because you don't look for work?
> ABBOTT:  Absolutely it goes down.  That's how you get to 9%.  Otherwise it
> would be 16%.  You don't want to read about 16% unemployment do ya?
>
> COSTELLO:  That would be frightening.
> ABBOTT:  Absolutely.
>
> COSTELLO:  Wait, I got a question for you.  That means they're two ways to
> bring down the unemployment number?
> ABBOTT:  Two ways is correct.
>
> COSTELLO:  Unemployment can go down if someone gets a job?
> ABBOTT:  Correct.
>
> OSTELLO:  And unemployment can also go down if you stop looking for a job?
> ABBOTT:  Bingo.
>
> COSTELLO: So there are two ways to bring unemployment down, and the easier
> of the two is to just stop looking for work.
> ABBOTT:  Now you're thinking like an economist.
>
> COSTELLO:  I don't even know what the heck I just said!
>
> And now you know why Obama's unemployment figures are improving!

You have the gall to talk unemployment when Bush put 18,000,000
families on the street,and gave his fellow GOP bankers 3.3 to see they
all have new private planes. Obama just has to show what he inherited
to win. Reality is he only needs 29 votes to win. Get the picture yet?
TreBert Obama should not worry about winning he should worry about
staying alive. GOPers kill and rape children.

On Jan 26, 6:09 am, "G=EMC^2" <herbertglazi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 7:44 pm, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Abbott and Costello
>
> > COSTELLO:  I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America.
> > ABBOTT:  Good Subject.  Terrible times.  It's 9%.
>
> > COSTELLO: That many people are out of work?
> > ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.
>
> > COSTELLO:  You just said 9%.
> > ABBOTT:  9% Unemployed.
>
> > COSTELLO:  Right 9% out of work.
> > ABBOTT:  No, that's 16%.
>
> > COSTELLO: Okay, so it's 16% unemployed.
> > ABBOTT: No, that's 9%...
>
> > COSTELLO:  Wait a minute.  Is it 9% or 16%?
> > ABBOTT: 9% are unemployed. 16% are out of work.
>
> > COSTELLO:  IF you are out of work you are unemployed.
> > ABBOTT:  No, you can't count the "Out of Work" as the unemployed.  You have
> > to look for work to be unemployed.
>
> > COSTELLO:  BUT THEY ARE OUT OF WORK!
> > ABBOTT:  No, you miss my point.
>
> > COSTELLO:  What point?
> > ABBOTT:  Someone who doesn't look for work, can't be counted with those who
> > look for work.  It wouldn't be fair.
>
> > COSTELLO:  To whom?
> > ABBOTT:  The unemployed.
>
> > COSTELLO:  But they are ALL out of work.
> > ABBOTT:  No, the unemployed are actively looking for work.  Those who are
> > out of work stopped looking.  They gave up.  And, if you give up, you are no
> > longer in the ranks of the unemployed.
>
> > COSTELLO:  So if you're off the unemployment roles, that would count as less
> > unemployment?
> > ABBOTT:  Unemployment would go down.  Absolutely!
>
> > COSTELLO:  The unemployment just goes down because you don't look for work?
> > ABBOTT:  Absolutely it goes down.  That's how you get to 9%.  Otherwise it
> > would be 16%.  You don't want to read about 16% unemployment do ya?
>
> > COSTELLO:  That would be frightening.
> > ABBOTT:  Absolutely.
>
> > COSTELLO:  Wait, I got a question for you.  That means they're two ways to
> > bring down the unemployment number?
> > ABBOTT:  Two ways is correct.
>
> > COSTELLO:  Unemployment can go down if someone gets a job?
> > ABBOTT:  Correct.
>
> > OSTELLO:  And unemployment can also go down if you stop looking for a job?
> > ABBOTT:  Bingo.
>
> > COSTELLO: So there are two ways to bring unemployment down, and the easier
> > of the two is to just stop looking for work.
> > ABBOTT:  Now you're thinking like an economist.
>
> > COSTELLO:  I don't even know what the heck I just said!
>
> > And now you know why Obama's unemployment figures are improving!
>
> You have the gall to talk unemployment when Bush put 18,000,000
> families on the street,and gave his fellow GOP bankers 3.3 to see they
> all have new private planes. Obama just has to show what he inherited
> to win. Reality is he only needs 29 votes to win. Get the picture yet?
> TreBert    Obama should not worry about winning he should worry about
> staying alive. GOPers kill and rape children.

As well as, President BHO hasn't started nor having sustained another
cold-war, much less created the no-win WW3 that our Hagar so
desperately wants to see happen. Although, we probably could get away
with invading Canada, a whole lot easier than the drug-lord run nation
of Mexico. As is, Canada is not an NRA friendly nation, whereas
Mexico is an NRA poster nation where almost everyone is packing heat.

http://translate.google.com/#

"G=EMC^2" <herbertglazier0@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jan 25, 7:44 pm, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Abbott and Costello
>
> COSTELLO: I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America.
> ABBOTT: Good Subject. Terrible times. It's 9%.
>
> COSTELLO: That many people are out of work?
> ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.
>
> COSTELLO: You just said 9%.
> ABBOTT: 9% Unemployed.
>
> COSTELLO: Right 9% out of work.
> ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.
>
> COSTELLO: Okay, so it's 16% unemployed.
> ABBOTT: No, that's 9%...
>
> COSTELLO: Wait a minute. Is it 9% or 16%?
> ABBOTT: 9% are unemployed. 16% are out of work.
>
> COSTELLO: IF you are out of work you are unemployed.
> ABBOTT: No, you can't count the "Out of Work" as the unemployed. You have
> to look for work to be unemployed.
>
> COSTELLO: BUT THEY ARE OUT OF WORK!
> ABBOTT: No, you miss my point.
>
> COSTELLO: What point?
> ABBOTT: Someone who doesn't look for work, can't be counted with those who
> look for work. It wouldn't be fair.
>
> COSTELLO: To whom?
> ABBOTT: The unemployed.
>
> COSTELLO: But they are ALL out of work.
> ABBOTT: No, the unemployed are actively looking for work. Those who are
> out of work stopped looking. They gave up. And, if you give up, you are no
> longer in the ranks of the unemployed.
>
> COSTELLO: So if you're off the unemployment roles, that would count as
> less
> unemployment?
> ABBOTT: Unemployment would go down. Absolutely!
>
> COSTELLO: The unemployment just goes down because you don't look for work?
> ABBOTT: Absolutely it goes down. That's how you get to 9%. Otherwise it
> would be 16%. You don't want to read about 16% unemployment do ya?
>
> COSTELLO: That would be frightening.
> ABBOTT: Absolutely.
>
> COSTELLO: Wait, I got a question for you. That means they're two ways to
> bring down the unemployment number?
> ABBOTT: Two ways is correct.
>
> COSTELLO: Unemployment can go down if someone gets a job?
> ABBOTT: Correct.
>
> OSTELLO: And unemployment can also go down if you stop looking for a job?
> ABBOTT: Bingo.
>
> COSTELLO: So there are two ways to bring unemployment down, and the easier
> of the two is to just stop looking for work.
> ABBOTT: Now you're thinking like an economist.
>
> COSTELLO: I don't even know what the heck I just said!
>
> And now you know why Obama's unemployment figures are improving!

You have the gall to talk unemployment when Bush put 18,000,000
families on the street,and gave his fellow GOP bankers 3.3 to see they
all have new private planes. Obama just has to show what he inherited
to win. Reality is he only needs 29 votes to win. Get the picture yet?
TreBert Obama should not worry about winning he should worry about
staying alive. GOPers kill and rape children.

**************************************
Sorry to burst your bubble, oh Retarded One, but the day GWB
left office, unemployment was 5.87%. A year later it was at 11.1%,
a National disgrace.
So, before you open your mouth, whiner. get your facts straight.

> [...]
> > easier
> > of the two is to just stop looking for work.
> > ABBOTT: Now you're thinking like an economist.
>
> > COSTELLO: I don't even know what the heck I just said!
>
> > And now you know why Obama's unemployment figures are improving!
>
> You have the gall to talk unemployment when Bush put 18,000,000
> families on the street,and gave his fellow GOP bankers 3.3 to see they
> all have new private planes. Obama just has to show what he inherited
> to win. Reality is he only needs 29 votes to win. Get the picture yet?
> TreBert Obama should not worry about winning he should worry about
> staying alive. GOPers kill and rape children.

As well as, President BHO hasn't started nor having sustained another
cold-war, much less created the no-win WW3 that our Hagar so
desperately wants to see happen. Although, we probably could get away

*** I don't know what you call the attack on Libya and the millions spent
there on Military Boots on the Ground, bombs, missiles, NATO support etc.
and all that WITHOUT Congressional approval ... at least you dumb Liberal
fucks VOTED For the was in IRAQ and Afghanistan ... before you voted against
it and then for it again ...
Also his non-action, due to sheer stupidity, on Wgypt, has turned this once
stalwart ally into another Islamic Republic, headed for an Iran-like crazed
Mullah regime. Yea ... I'd say the Nigger's a genius.

with invading Canada, a whole lot easier than the drug-lord run nation
of Mexico. As is, Canada is not an NRA friendly nation, whereas
Mexico is an NRA poster nation where almost everyone is packing heat.

*** Seems that America's top two Niggers (Omaba and Holder) keep furnishing
the bad boys South of the Border with the weapons they need to create all
the mayhem you need, also without authorization or regard to American lives
that may be at stake. I'm sure you can read, you dumb fucking putz ...
Google "Fast and Furious GOP Investigation" to get the real scoop on this
betrayal by our leadership.

Your apology accepted.

On Jan 26, 6:55 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
> it and then for it again ...
> Also his non-action, due to sheer stupidity, on Wgypt, has turned this once
> stalwart ally into another Islamic Republic, headed for an Iran-like crazed
> Mullah regime.  Yea ... I'd say the Nigger's a genius.
>
> with invading Canada, a whole lot easier than the drug-lord run nation
> of Mexico.  As is, Canada is not an NRA friendly nation, whereas
> Mexico is an NRA poster nation where almost everyone is packing heat.
>
> *** Seems that America's top two Niggers (Omaba and Holder) keep furnishing
> the bad boys South of the Border with the weapons they need to create all
> the mayhem you need, also without authorization or regard to American lives
> that may be at stake.  I'm sure you can read, you dumb fucking putz ...
> Google "Fast and Furious GOP Investigation" to get the real scoop on this

You seem unable to recall the past. It's called Alzheimer's, and as
far as we know it's not curable. Short term memory will be the next
to go.

http://translate.google.com/#

On Jan 26, 6:55 am, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> with invading Canada, a whole lot easier than the drug-lord run nation
> of Mexico. As is, Canada is not an NRA friendly nation, whereas
> Mexico is an NRA poster nation where almost everyone is packing heat.
>
> *** Seems that America's top two Niggers (Omaba and Holder) keep
> furnishing
> the bad boys South of the Border with the weapons they need to create all
> the mayhem you need, also without authorization or regard to American
> lives
> that may be at stake. I'm sure you can read, you dumb fucking putz ...
> Google "Fast and Furious GOP Investigation" to get the real scoop on this
> betrayal by our leadership.
>
> Your apology accepted.

You seem unable to recall the past. It's called Alzheimer's, and as
far as we know it's not curable. Short term memory will be the next

Every time I remember your circular argument about the bitmap of Venus, I
realize that your memory train, long term and short term, left the station
long,
long ago, GuthBall. The pot should not call the kettle black, you know.