Research Discussion: Russian Scientists Claim Signs Of Life On Venus ...

Russian Scientists Claim Signs Of Life On Venus ...

Wow ... this should make the GuthBall very happy.

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-scientist-claims-signs-life-spotted-venus-070321311.html

Of course people who regularly overindulge see pink elephants
and assorted multi-colored creature from time to time .. just saying ...

On Jan 22, 9:50 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wow ... this should make the GuthBall very happy.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/russian-scientist-claims-signs-life-spotted-ven...
>
> Of course people who regularly overindulge see pink elephants
> and assorted multi-colored creature from time to time .. just saying ...

Good one. At least it's another step in the right direction.

Thumbnail images, including mgn_c115s095_1.gif (225 m/pixel)
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/thumbnail_pages/venus_thumbnails.html
Lava channels, Lo Shen Valles, Venus from Magellan Cycle 1
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/object_page/mgn_c115s095_1.html
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hires/mgn_c115s095_1.gif
“Guth Venus”, at 1:1, then 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
question:
https://picasaweb.google.com/bradguth/BradGuth#5630418595926178146
https://picasaweb.google.com/bradguth/BradGuth#5629579402364691314
Brad Guth / Blog and my Google document pages:
http://groups.google.com/group/guth-usenet?hl=en
http://bradguth.blogspot.com/
http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddsdxhv_0hrm5bdfj
http://translate.google.com/#

Painius
2012-01-23 03:21:28 EST
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:50:59 -0800, "Hägar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Wow ... this should make the GuthBall very happy.
>
>http://news.yahoo.com/russian-scientist-claims-signs-life-spotted-venus-070321311.html
>
>Of course people who regularly overindulge see pink elephants
>and assorted multi-colored creature from time to time .. just saying ...

Here's the only link I could find with one of the photos...

http://en.rian.ru/science/20120120/170865269.html

I don' see no scorpions, though.

--
Indelibly yours,
P* @ http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/

"Painius" <starswirler@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:50:59 -0800, "H\ufffdgar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Wow ... this should make the GuthBall very happy.
>>
>>http://news.yahoo.com/russian-scientist-claims-signs-life-spotted-venus-070321311.html
>>
>>Of course people who regularly overindulge see pink elephants
>>and assorted multi-colored creature from time to time .. just saying ...
>>

> Here's the only link I could find with one of the photos...
>
> http://en.rian.ru/science/20120120/170865269.html
>
> I don' see no scorpions, though.

But you did see all the other creatures that were mentioned ????
You and GuthBall need to meet up and investigate
this Venusian phenomena,

On Jan 23, 12:21 am, Painius <starswir...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:50:59 -0800, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Wow ... this should make the GuthBall very happy.
>
> >http://news.yahoo.com/russian-scientist-claims-signs-life-spotted-ven...
>
> >Of course people who regularly overindulge see pink elephants
> >and assorted multi-colored creature from time to time .. just saying ...
>
> Here's the only link I could find with one of the photos...
>
> http://en.rian.ru/science/20120120/170865269.html
>
> I don' see no scorpions, though.
>
> --
> Indelibly yours,
> Paine @http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
> "Focus on the closed door, and you might miss the open one."

Russians consume mass quantities of Vodka. However, something besides
just the lander is in that image. Perhaps it's a piece of hardware
that broke off. At any rate, it doesn't look melted.

http://translate.google.com/#

Painius
2012-01-23 15:05:30 EST
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 06:30:49 -0800, "Hägar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Painius" <starswirler@aol.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:50:59 -0800, "Hägar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Wow ... this should make the GuthBall very happy.
>>>
>>>http://news.yahoo.com/russian-scientist-claims-signs-life-spotted-venus-070321311.html
>>>
>>>Of course people who regularly overindulge see pink elephants
>>>and assorted multi-colored creature from time to time .. just saying ...
>>>

>> Here's the only link I could find with one of the photos...
>>
>> http://en.rian.ru/science/20120120/170865269.html
>>
>> I don' see no scorpions, though.
>
>But you did see all the other creatures that were mentioned ????
>You and GuthBall need to meet up and investigate
>this Venusian phenomena,

Well, I saw the metallic half-turtle chewing on the yummy black flap,
but I figured even you would see that. I *still* can't find the
scorpion, tho'.

--
Indelibly yours,
P* @ http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
"Don't feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat you last."

Painius
2012-01-23 15:08:08 EST
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 06:36:34 -0800 (PST), Brad Guth
<*h@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jan 23, 12:21 am, Painius <starswir...@aol.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:50:59 -0800, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >Wow ... this should make the GuthBall very happy.
>>
>> >http://news.yahoo.com/russian-scientist-claims-signs-life-spotted-ven...
>>
>> >Of course people who regularly overindulge see pink elephants
>> >and assorted multi-colored creature from time to time .. just saying ...
>>
>> Here's the only link I could find with one of the photos...
>>
>> http://en.rian.ru/science/20120120/170865269.html
>>
>> I don' see no scorpions, though.
>
>Russians consume mass quantities of Vodka. However, something besides
>just the lander is in that image. Perhaps it's a piece of hardware
>that broke off. At any rate, it doesn't look melted.

It takes time to melt the metals in use. The photo was taken and
transmitted before everything softened up.

--

On Jan 23, 12:08 pm, Painius <starswir...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 06:36:34 -0800 (PST), Brad Guth
>

> <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Here's the only link I could find with one of the photos...
>
> >>http://en.rian.ru/science/20120120/170865269.html
>
> >> I don' see no scorpions, though.
>
> >Russians consume mass quantities of Vodka.  However, something besides
> >just the lander is in that image.  Perhaps it's a piece of hardware
> >that broke off.  At any rate, it doesn't look melted.
>
> It takes time to melt the metals in use.  The photo was taken and
> transmitted before everything softened up.
>
> --
> Indelibly yours,
> Paine @http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
> "Don't feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat you last."

I kind of doubt Russians (drunk or sober) were actually stupid enough
to use plain old lead for their electrical connections.

Do kilns ever use lead for their electrical connections? (we certainly
know that Hagar and rabbi Saul Levy would)

http://translate.google.com/#

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 06:30:49 -0800, "H\ufffdgar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>"Painius" <starswirler@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> Here's the only link I could find with one of the photos...
>>>
>>> http://en.rian.ru/science/20120120/170865269.html
>>>
>>> I don' see no scorpions, though.
>>
>>But you did see all the other creatures that were mentioned ????
>>You and GuthBall need to meet up and investigate
>>this Venusian phenomena,
>
> Well, I saw the metallic half-turtle chewing on the yummy black flap,
> but I figured even you would see that. I *still* can't find the
> scorpion, tho'.

We need GuthBall ... he has an eye for the obscure and the
non-existent. Hell, he sees things in grainy old NASA
radar images of Venus ... this close-up could be a real
treasure trove to spark his rather vivid imagination.
He'll spot a lot of stuff the Russkies missed.

On Jan 23, 12:19 pm, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Painius" <starswir...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 06:30:49 -0800, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>"Painius" <starswir...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >>But you did see all the other creatures that were mentioned ????
> >>You and GuthBall need to meet up and investigate
> >>this Venusian phenomena,
>
> > Well, I saw the metallic half-turtle chewing on the yummy black flap,
> > but I figured even you would see that.  I *still* can't find the
> > scorpion, tho'.
>
> We need GuthBall ... he has an eye for the obscure and the
> non-existent.  Hell, he sees things in grainy old NASA
> radar images of Venus ... this close-up could be a real
> treasure trove to spark his rather vivid imagination.
> He'll spot a lot of stuff the Russkies missed.

At least on Venus, pretty much anything is possible, unlike your
overflowing cesspool that's more of a black hole that vents methane
and other toxins more than anything else.

All planets, moons and asteroids are essentially made of the exact
same original cosmic stuff that produced our galaxy. Obviously there
are secondary, third and other most recent stellar, planet, moon and
asteroid generation age differences, as well as wandering nebulas and
individual saturation differences plus always the random happenstance
wild-card of whatever novas and supernovas managed to stimulate some
of these assorted solar systems and wandering/rogue items of
sufficient water and metallicity, plus more than a few physical
encounters that seldom ended with anything better off than before.

Orbiting gamma spectrometry can resolve enough details as to the
surface metallicity of a given planet, moon or asteroid, as well as
capable of penetrating somewhat below its surface. At least that has
become mainstream science status quo as of more than a decade ago.
Unfortunately, that sort of public-funded science isn't being made
available except on a "need to know" and nondisclosure basis. So,
it’s kind of hard to tell what other planets and moons truly have to
offer, without our having to interpret the best available science that
is selectively released.

Remote intercepting and/or interpreting intelligent life other than
terrestrial, is easier said than done, even from orbiting Earth isn’t
always a sure thing unless the form of life detected is either very
large or gathered in sufficient communities that developed substantial
infrastructure.

It’s perfectly clear that other wet planets do exist, and they exist
within the Goldilocks zone of many (perhaps most) other viable stars.
Adding in atmospheric pressure and temperature is certainly not a deal-
breaker when it comes down to another planet or moon hosting complex
forms of life. In fact atmospheric pressure and temperature should be
considered as something positive or at least constructively worth
having, as opposed to the vacuum of Mars or worse being that of our
physically dark moon.

Of course the mainstream status quo is dominated by the most faith-
based kind of closed mindset that typically claim being Atheist and
even politically independent. The only problem is with their actions
that are clearly telling us what they represent isn’t Atheist nor
politically independent. These folks typically claim being peers of
Einstein, thereby knowing all there is to know, so that there’s noting
new or improved that can get past their naysay gauntlet.
Unfortunately, these same folks can’t seem honest as to who they
really are, so basically these Usenet/newsgroup overlords as topic/
author stalking pimps could be most anyone with ulterior motives or
simply doing their damage-control jobs of public media FUD-master and
otherwise brown-nosed clowns.

Roughly 0.00002% of our human intelligence evolution as of the last
300 million years involves modern radio, and perhaps only half of that
extremely slight portion of our evolution represents the sort of
focused microwaves and laser beams ETs could possibly detect even if
their best technology had been specifically focused upon our solar
system with its one measly naked Goldilocks certified planet. So it’s
kind of hard for myself to automatically exclude all other planets and
moons as being unlikely host of intelligence, especially when other
solar systems could be not only older than ours but having a more
desirable sun.

Knowing that available energy is always key to any advanced forms of
intelligence not only surviving their own environments, but certainly
essential for whatever off-world explorations and the exploiting of
other worlds. Fortunately for the extremely nearby planet Venus,
there’s no shortage of local energy, and unlikely any mineral or
metallicity deficiency, not to mention the 500+ teratonnes of easily
accessible water held extensively within those acidic clouds, plus
always more water from within that geodynamically active planet that’s
continually being vented.