Research Discussion: The R. H. Mencken Prophecy

The R. H. Mencken Prophecy

CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!

Mr. Mencken has been proven to be correct.

H.L. Mencken, Born 1880 - Died 1956, was a journalist, satirist & critic.
He wrote an editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun , which
appeared in the July 26, 1920 edition.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and
White House will be occupied by a downright moron."

--- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Vtcapo
2012-01-20 10:16:46 EST
On Jan 20, 8:21 am, "Hägar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!
>
> Mr. Mencken has been proven to be correct.
>
> H.L. Mencken, Born 1880 - Died 1956, was a journalist, satirist & critic.
> He wrote an editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun , which
> appeared in the July 26, 1920 edition.
>
> "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and
> more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day
> the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the
> White House will be  occupied by a downright moron."
>
> --- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

He nailed it. GWB fulfilled the prophecy. But I thought you didn't
believe in psychics?

RT

I2i
2012-01-20 13:06:52 EST

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

On Jan 20, 8:21 am, "H\ufffdgar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!
>
> Mr. Mencken has been proven to be correct.
>
> H.L. Mencken, Born 1880 - Died 1956, was a journalist, satirist & critic.
> He wrote an editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun , which
> appeared in the July 26, 1920 edition.
>
> "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and
> more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
> the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and
> the
> White House will be occupied by a downright moron."
>
> --- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

He nailed it. GWB fulfilled the prophecy. But I thought you didn't
believe in psychics?

RT

*** You really should lay off the "vaping" for a spell, dude ...
yo haid is gitting all twistered and bummered up from all the
smokin an stuff ...

"i2i" <booduh@netzero.net> wrote in message

> "H\ufffdgar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!
>>
>> Mr. Mencken has been proven to be correct.
>>
>> H.L. Mencken, Born 1880 - Died 1956, was a journalist, satirist & critic.
>> He wrote an editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun , which
>> appeared in the July 26, 1920 edition.
>>
>> "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and
>> more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious
>> day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last
>> and the White House will be occupied by a downright moron."
>>
>> --- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Brilliant !!! A Moron elected by Morons ....
and they wear that label proudly, those Liberals ...

Larry Kroger
2012-01-20 19:50:50 EST
On 1/20/2012 5:21 AM, Hägar wrote:
> CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!
>
> Mr. Mencken has been proven to be correct.
>
> H.L. Mencken, Born 1880 - Died 1956, was a journalist, satirist& critic.
> He wrote an editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun , which
> appeared in the July 26, 1920 edition.
>
> "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and
> more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
> the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the
> White House will be occupied by a downright moron."
>
> --- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

To be fair, Obama probably isn't the first moron to be raised to a high
position. Our problem isn't that we've got morons running the show, but
that these morons are taking more and more control of our lives. If we
just gave the morons our tax dollars and got on with it, then they could
go play golf and that would be okay. But then the morons come back and
insist on managing everything, and encouraging us to become dependent
upon them for our jobs, recreations, health care, education, whatever.
It's not the morons, it's the aggressive, toxic morons that are killing us.

I2i
2012-01-21 02:10:10 EST

> "i2i" <booduh@netzero.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Hägar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!
>>>
>>> Mr. Mencken has been proven to be correct.
>>>
>>> H.L. Mencken, Born 1880 - Died 1956, was a journalist, satirist &
>>> critic.
>>> He wrote an editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun ,
>>> which appeared in the July 26, 1920 edition.
>>>
>>> "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and
>>> more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious
>>> day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last
>>> and the White House will be occupied by a downright moron."
>>>
>>> --- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
>>
>> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/
>
> Brilliant !!! A Moron elected by Morons ....
> and they wear that label proudly, those Liberals ...

the premise of the movie is that the
less intelligent people have more children
and in the future the idiots will rule, although
i'm not really sure that that's not what's
already occurring in politics.

On 1/21/2012 2:10 AM, i2i wrote:

>> Brilliant !!! A Moron elected by Morons ....
>> and they wear that label proudly, those Liberals ...
>
> the premise of the movie is that the
> less intelligent people have more children
> and in the future the idiots will rule, although
> i'm not really sure that that's not what's
> already occurring in politics.

"Idiocracy" ?