Research Discussion: Mercury In CFLs Is Not Being Recycled

Mercury In CFLs Is Not Being Recycled

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Duh ... isn't it just typical of these pencil-pushing Federal book-learned
Loons, to ban incandescent bulbs before a viable alternative has been tested
and all the bugs ironed out. So now we're using less power, but polluting
the environment, according to the Liberal bed-wetters.

http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_17760135?nclick_check=1

But then, they canceled the Space Shuttle without a replacement in the near
future, ditto for the Hubble. Looks as if Third World Status is just around
the corner ... two more years of Oh'Bummer's inept flip-flopping and
lip-flapping should just
about do the trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv59PJ30WeM

Notroll2O12
2011-04-06 11:49:01 EST

"Hagar" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv59PJ30WeM

What a windbag. He probably wants leaded gasoline back so he can run his
F-80. I agree that these bulbs suck, but Mr. Congressman, offer a solution
instead of a five minute whine.

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 08:29:42 -0700, "Hagar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv59PJ30WeM

PUT THAT ON THE 6:00pm NEWS

INSTEAD OF "THE DISCLOSURE PROJECT".

"Jims Space Agency"
http://www.YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

On Apr 6, 8:13 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Duh ... isn't it just typical of these pencil-pushing Federal book-learned
> Loons, to ban incandescent bulbs before a viable alternative has been tested
> and all the bugs ironed out. So now we're using less power, but polluting
> the environment, according to the Liberal bed-wetters.
>
> http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_17760135?nclick_check=1
>
> But then, they canceled the Space Shuttle without a replacement in the near
> future, ditto for the Hubble.  Looks as if Third World Status is just around
> the corner ... two more years of Oh'Bummer's inept flip-flopping and
> lip-flapping should just
> about do the trick.

CFLs are a temporary joke upon all of us. At least the Rothschilds
think it's funny.

Xenon and tungsten or even xenon-thorium lamps are the way to go.

http://translate.google.com/#

On Apr 6, 8:13 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Duh ... isn't it just typical of these pencil-pushing Federal book-learned
> Loons, to ban incandescent bulbs before a viable alternative has been
> tested
> and all the bugs ironed out. So now we're using less power, but polluting
> the environment, according to the Liberal bed-wetters.
>
> http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_17760135?nclick_check=1
>
> But then, they canceled the Space Shuttle without a replacement in the
> near
> future, ditto for the Hubble. Looks as if Third World Status is just
> around
> the corner ... two more years of Oh'Bummer's inept flip-flopping and
> lip-flapping should just
> about do the trick.

CFLs are a temporary joke upon all of us. At least the Rothschilds
think it's funny.

Xenon and tungsten or even xenon-thorium lamps are the way to go.

**********************************
Glad wise scientists like yourself are on top of this ... BTW,
Xenon is just another gas in a tube, requiring the same
Mercury which is the culprit in present day CFLs. And
Tungsten, well, that's what's in our beloved incandescent
bulbs and has been for almost a century now. The other
stuff you're babbling about is all theory, but produces no light. Thanks
for playing, you moron.

On Apr 7, 5:35 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Apr 6, 8:13 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Duh ... isn't it just typical of these pencil-pushing Federal book-learned
> > Loons, to ban incandescent bulbs before a viable alternative has been
> > tested
> > and all the bugs ironed out. So now we're using less power, but polluting
> > the environment, according to the Liberal bed-wetters.
>
> >http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_17760135?nclick_check=1
>
> > But then, they canceled the Space Shuttle without a replacement in the
> > near
> > future, ditto for the Hubble. Looks as if Third World Status is just
> > around
> > the corner ... two more years of Oh'Bummer's inept flip-flopping and
> > lip-flapping should just
> > about do the trick.
>
> CFLs are a temporary joke upon all of us.  At least the Rothschilds
> think it's funny.
>
> Xenon and tungsten or even xenon-thorium lamps are the way to go.
>
>         **********************************
> Glad wise scientists like yourself are on top of this ... BTW,
> Xenon is just another gas in a tube, requiring the same
> Mercury which is the culprit in present day CFLs.  And
> Tungsten, well, that's what's in our beloved incandescent
> bulbs and has been for almost a century now.  The other
> stuff you're babbling about is all theory, but produces no light.  Thanks
> for playing, you moron.

Xenon and tungsten or even a thorium element is not the same as
mercury vapor. It's the mercury in your vapor lamps that's a problem
(including CFLs and those Xenon Mercury vapor lamps that are so
annoying as automotive headlamps.

I already posted this.

As one example of what could have and should have been done for the
greater good; Xenon is really not spendy (creating bulk xenon at
roughly $10/kg seems doable, unless you insist upon better than
99.999% purity expect that extra purified Xe to cost upwards of $100+/
kg or something like $1000/kg if you’re having to buy it from a
specialized scientific supplier), as just another time consuming
process to extract/obtain, but otherwise Xe is inert safe and easy to
store as a gas, liquid or even as a solid Xe ice. 750 lbs of liquid
Xe goes into the LUX detector, and that’s enough to accommodate most
every tenth light bulb in the USA.

In the gas phase it’s worth 5.894 kg/m3, so 750 pounds or 340.2 kg =
57.72 m3.

At 0.1 gram per large lamp = 3,402,000 bulbs, or .01 g = 34,020,000
small lamps.

These xenon lamps could be easily recycled or simply disposed of with
no special environmental considerations, and the lamps themselves
lasting up to 4 times as long as well as giving off nearly twice the
amount of light per watt (as opposed to those compact fluorescents
that claim 400% but only deliver 300% and last only half as long as
they claim, as well as their 150 watt equivalent that only gives off
the same lumens as a 100 watt incandescent but costing at least ten
fold as much is obviously not exactly a win-win especially when the
recycling gets factored in). So, where’s the xenon lamp down side,
especially when large and sophisticated companies like GE could have
been giving us those instant-on xenon lamps as of decades before those
spendy, toxic and extremely radio interfering fluorescent lamps that
always start dim plus containing toxic phosphors and mercury ever got
shoved in our face, not costing GE at the time more than an extra ten
cents per lamp.

Of course GE of that era would have used their standard 1000% mark up
(actually the GE average lamp markup had been more like 10,000%, but
who’s counting), thereby adding at most a dollar to our retail price,
but still we’d be a whole lot better off because of the lamp longevity
and its way better illumination (not to mention cutting way back on
the consumption of the spendy tungsten alloy). With better automation
on behalf of GE commercially extracting their own xenon gas, this
could have brought that average added retail cost per xenon lamp down
to one whole cent, times 1000% markup means adding ten cents to the
retail cost of something that’s offering better quality light, zero
radio interference and otherwise near zero environmental impact, as
well as if need be 99.9% recyclable and essentially inert or zero
toxic to boot.

A hot broken xenon lamp is simply not imposing the lethal health risk
of any hot broken fluorescent lamp, as in not even a remote contest,
and such xenon gas displaced lamps require no special circuitry, as
well as xenon tungsten lamps are instant on. The added radio
interference alone should have been more than enough to have kept
those compact fluorescent lamps off the retail market, although the
reality of land fills and ocean dumps having to deal with the vast
bulk of such compact fluorescent lamps is simply outrageous, to say
the least, making the Hanford Reservation for nuclear waste seem
passive and inert.

Xenon arc lamps are certainly way better yet in delivering the most
clean and cool photons of just the right visual spectrum per watt
(almost no UV and minimal IR) with the absolute least amount of
mercury, and those could have been just as easily developed for the
retail market at the same time as introducing compact fluorescents,
and so what the hell gives with that?

Are they instead trying to systematically poison us with mercury and
phosphorus toxins?

Or are they just trying yet another calculated tactic in order to
further bankrupt us?

CFLs(compact fluorescent lamps) are also not telling us that most of
them operate at a low PF(power factor) of .5, which means the VA(volt
ampere) worth of energy consumption (that one way or another we’re
being charged a little extra for), is simply greater than what the
CFLs claim because most utility energy providers have added PF loss to
deal with, and you can always bet we’re being charged for that.
Roughly 25% of a household’s energy consumption is lighting, and if
it’s all being illuminated via CFLs is where the PF of .5 is wasting
energy, and that wasted energy is definitely a built-in portion of the
rates that we get to pay, and that could easily represent as much as
an extra 10%. Fortunately inductive loads such as the refrigerator,
air conditioning and fans tend to compensate for the CFLs low PF.
Large commercial or industrial energy consumers do in fact get
directly charged for such PF losses because everything of the power
grid has to be heavier duty in order to deal with a low PF. Some of
the newest household meters are now directly charging us based upon
the VA instead of by the watt, so in those instances we’re being
directly charged something extra for using CFLs with a .5 PF.

http://translate.google.com/#

On Apr 7, 5:35 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I appreciate your incoherent babbling, Guthball, but it is the LED
that is really going to solve the world's illumination problems.
Cheap to manufacture, once there is a mass market, environmentally friendly,
which should have whiner like yourself butt-fucking each other with glee,
comes in different colors and
it is tiny.
Unfortunately, the Chinese spent a small fortune setting up factories to
manufacture CFLs, and they want a payback before they flood the country with
the much cheaper to make LED lights.
The Nigger's administrations seems to have no objections to that American
public gets raped to foot the bill for the Chinks.

On Apr 7, 6:46 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 5:35 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "Brad Guth" <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> I appreciate your incoherent babbling, Guthball, but it is the LED
> that is really going to solve the world's illumination problems.
> Cheap to manufacture, once there is a mass market, environmentally friendly,
> which should have whiner like yourself butt-fucking each other with glee,
> comes in different colors and
> it is tiny.
> Unfortunately, the Chinese spent a small fortune setting up factories to
> manufacture CFLs, and they want a payback before they flood the country with
> the much cheaper to make LED lights.
> The Nigger's administrations seems to have no objections to that American
> public gets raped to foot the bill for the Chinks.

There's a global shortage of raw material for creating those super-
bright white LEDs, and by cheap you mean $25 for an equal amount of a
100 watt lamp that evenly illuminates at least 360 by 180 degrees, or
as a table lamp application which has to illuminate 360 by 350 degrees
(and not just a +/- 10 degree focused beam), then yes it'll eventually
come down to that.

Obviously at $1/kwhr, we'll not have any choice, other than living and
working in the dark. Perhaps we'll all have to learn how to live and
work by braille, or like yourself simply illuminate via roadkill fat.

http://translate.google.com/#
Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)