Research Discussion: FOX NEWS Bows To White House Pressure ...

FOX NEWS Bows To White House Pressure ...

Fox is giving in to the President.

that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
Hispanic people on their network, FOX has
announced that they will now air
"America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
TWICE weekly.

"Hagar" wrote in message

Fox is giving in to the President.

that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
Hispanic people on their network, FOX has
announced that they will now air
"America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
TWICE weekly.

Fox is pretty short on poor, white, cracker trash, too. Maybe they could
shoot from your trailer park as you boil some road kill while wearing your
pointy white hat drinking a mug of 'shine.

> "Hagar" wrote in message
>
> Fox is giving in to the President.

> that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
> Hispanic people on their network, FOX has
> announced that they will now air
> "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
> TWICE weekly.

> Fox is pretty short on poor, white, cracker trash, too. Maybe they could
> shoot from your trailer park as you boil some road kill while wearing your
> pointy white hat drinking a mug of 'shine.

My oh my ... aren't we on a rampage of "original" shtick today ...
I can see why the world "Troll" is in your handle, you retarded putz.
Hold on to your day job of cleaning toilets just a while longer ...

"Hagar" wrote in message

> "Hagar" wrote in message
>
> Fox is giving in to the President.

> that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
> Hispanic people on their network, FOX has
> announced that they will now air
> "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
> TWICE weekly.

> Fox is pretty short on poor, white, cracker trash, too. Maybe they could
> shoot from your trailer park as you boil some road kill while wearing your
> pointy white hat drinking a mug of 'shine.

My oh my ... aren't we on a rampage of "original" shtick today ...
I can see why the world "Troll" is in your handle, you retarded putz.
Hold on to your day job of cleaning toilets just a while longer ...

This from Mr. "Don't eat the big white mints."

Jake
2011-01-29 23:59:18 EST
On Jan 29, 5:12 pm, "Notroll2012" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote:
> "Hagar"  wrote in message

> "Notroll2012" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote in message

> > "Hagar"  wrote in message
>
> > Fox is giving in to the President.

> > that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
> > Hispanic people on their network,  FOX has
> > announced that they will now air
> > "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
> > TWICE  weekly.
>
> > ***************************************************************************­**********
> > Fox is pretty short on poor, white, cracker trash, too.  Maybe they could
> > shoot from your trailer park as you boil some road kill while wearing your
> > pointy white hat drinking a mug of 'shine.
>
> My oh my ... aren't we on a rampage of "original" shtick today ...
> I can see why the world "Troll" is in your handle, you retarded putz.
> Hold on to your day job of cleaning toilets just a while longer ...
>
> ***************************************************************************­********
> This from Mr. "Don't eat the big white mints."

Or the elephant turds he collects from his job at the zoo.
Jake.

F*@BlameObama.com
2011-01-30 07:26:05 EST
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:43:19 -0800, "Hagar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Notroll2012" <notroll2012@charter.net> wrote in message
>>

>> "Hagar" wrote in message
>>
>> Fox is giving in to the President.

>> that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
>> Hispanic people on their network, FOX has
>> announced that they will now air
>> "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
>> TWICE weekly.
>>
>> *************************************************************************************
>> Fox is pretty short on poor, white, cracker trash, too. Maybe they could
>> shoot from your trailer park as you boil some road kill while wearing your
>> pointy white hat drinking a mug of 'shine.
>>

>My oh my ... aren't we on a rampage of "original" shtick today ...
>I can see why the world "Troll" is in your handle, you retarded putz.
>Hold on to your day job of cleaning toilets just a while longer ...

If Hitler had seen his beautiful sweaty Master Race degenerate into
inbred fat losers like Fagar, Hitler would have offed himself in WW1.

On Jan 30, 4:26 am, Fa...@BlameObama.com wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:43:19 -0800, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >"Notroll2012" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote in message
>
> >> "Hagar"  wrote in message
>
> >> Fox is giving in to the President.

> >> that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
> >> Hispanic people on their network,  FOX has
> >> announced that they will now air
> >> "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
> >> TWICE  weekly.
>
> >> *************************************************************************************
> >> Fox is pretty short on poor, white, cracker trash, too.  Maybe they could
> >> shoot from your trailer park as you boil some road kill while wearing your
> >> pointy white hat drinking a mug of 'shine.
>
> >My oh my ... aren't we on a rampage of "original" shtick today ...
> >I can see why the world "Troll" is in your handle, you retarded putz.
> >Hold on to your day job of cleaning toilets just a while longer ...
>
> If Hitler had seen his beautiful sweaty Master Race degenerate into
> inbred fat losers like Fagar, Hitler would have offed himself in WW1.

We can't be certain that Hitler wouldn't be impressed with the self
inflicted demise that we've accomplished thus far. At this point an
occupation by a warlord that didn't like being told what he could or
could not do might be an improvement. At least Hitler never held back
science or technology, and was even making some of his rocket fuel
from thin air, because everything that was ARPA/DARPA was actually his
to begin with.

http://translate.google.com/#

On Jan 30, 4:26 am, Fa...@BlameObama.com wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:43:19 -0800, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >"Notroll2012" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote in message
>
> >> "Hagar" wrote in message
>
> >> Fox is giving in to the President.

> >> that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
> >> Hispanic people on their network, FOX has
> >> announced that they will now air
> >> "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
> >> TWICE weekly.
>
> >> *************************************************************************************
> >> Fox is pretty short on poor, white, cracker trash, too. Maybe they
> >> could
> >> shoot from your trailer park as you boil some road kill while wearing
> >> your
> >> pointy white hat drinking a mug of 'shine.
>
> >My oh my ... aren't we on a rampage of "original" shtick today ...
> >I can see why the world "Troll" is in your handle, you retarded putz.
> >Hold on to your day job of cleaning toilets just a while longer ...
>
> If Hitler had seen his beautiful sweaty Master Race degenerate into
> inbred fat losers like Fagar, Hitler would have offed himself in WW1.

We can't be certain that Hitler wouldn't be impressed with the self
inflicted demise that we've accomplished thus far. At this point an
occupation by a warlord that didn't like being told what he could or
could not do might be an improvement. At least Hitler never held back
science or technology, and was even making some of his rocket fuel
from thin air, because everything that was ARPA/DARPA was actually his
to begin with.

***************************************

Seems to me that you Liberals would be rendered speechless if the
word NAZI were stricken from the dictionary ...
Liberals just love to compare everyone else to the only life form that
is lower than themselves.

Sir Arthur CB Wholeflaffers ASA
2011-01-30 13:57:30 EST
On Jan 29, 10:15 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Fox is giving in to the President.

> that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
> Hispanic people on their network,  FOX has
> announced that they will now air
> "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
> TWICE  weekly.

We don't care about your right-wing nonsense or your debunker
garbage. Both are enemies of the State and hopefully very soon the
Octagon will drop 1 quintillion anti-matter bombs on your strongholds
and be rid of your kind forever!!

And your idol Raygun was senile, just like you are.

R. Sargent Shriver, Peace Corps Leader, Dies at 95

R. Sargent Shriver, the Kennedy in-law who became the founding
director of the Peace Corps, the architect of President Lyndon B.
Johnson’s war on poverty, a United States ambassador to France and the
Democratic candidate for vice president in 1972, died on Tuesday in
Bethesda, Md. He was 95.

His family announced his death in a statement. Mr. Shriver was found
to have Alzheimer’s disease in 2003 and on Sunday was admitted to
Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, where he died. He had been in hospice
care in recent months after his estate in Potomac, Md., was sold last
year. White-haired and elegantly attired, he attended the
inauguration of his son-in-law, Arnold Schwarzenegger, as the
Republican governor of California in the fall of 2003. Mr.
Schwarzenegger is married to Maria Shriver, a former NBC News
correspondent. But in recent years, as his condition deteriorated,
Mr. Shriver was seldom seen in public. He emerged in one instance to
attend the funeral of his wife of 56 years, Eunice Kennedy Shriver, a
sister of John F. Kennedy; she died in 2009 in Hyannis, Mass., at the
age of 88.

As a Kennedy brother-in-law, Mr. Shriver was bound inextricably to one
of the nation’s most powerful political dynasties. It was an
association with enormous advantages, thrusting him to prominence in a
series of seemingly altruistic missions. But it came with handicaps,
relegating him to the political background and to a subordinate role
in the family history. “Shriver’s relationship with the Kennedys was
complex,” Scott Stossel wrote in “Sarge: The Life and Times of Sargent
Shriver,” a 2004 biography. “They buoyed him up to heights and
achievements he would never otherwise have attained — and they held
him back, thwarting his political advancement.” The book, as well as
reports in The New York Times, The Washington Post and other
publications, suggested that Mr. Shriver’s hopes to run for governor
of Illinois in 1960 and vice president in 1964 and 1968 were abandoned
to help promote, or at least not compete with, Kennedy aspirations.
Mr. Shriver’s vice-presidential race in 1972, on a ticket with Senator
George S. McGovern, and a brief primary run for president in 1976 were
crushed by the voters.

Mr. Shriver was never elected to any national office. To political
insiders, his calls for public service in the 1960s seemed quixotic at
a time when America was caught up in a war in Vietnam, a cold war with
the Soviet Union and civil rights struggles and urban riots at home.
But when the fogs of war and chaos cleared years later, he was
remembered by many as a last vestige of Kennedy-era idealism.
“Sarge came to embody the idea of public service,” President Obama
said in a statement. Mr. Shriver’s impact on American life was
significant. On the stage of social change for decades, he brought
President Kennedy’s proposal for the Peace Corps to fruition in 1961
and served as the organization’s director until 1966. He tapped into a
spirit of volunteerism, and within a few years thousands of young
Americans were teaching and working on public health and development
projects in poorer countries around the world.

After the president’s assassination in 1963, Mr. Shriver’s decision to
remain in the Johnson administration alienated many of the Kennedys,
especially Robert, who remained as the United States attorney general
for months but whose animus toward his brother’s successor was
profound. Mr. Shriver’s responsibilities deepened, however. In 1964,
Johnson persuaded him to take on the administration’s war on poverty,
a campaign embodied in a vast new bureaucracy, the Office of Economic
Opportunity. From 1965 to 1968, Mr. Shriver, who disdained
bureaucracies as wasteful and inefficient, was director of that
agency, a post he held simultaneously with his Peace Corps job until
1966. The agency created antipoverty programs like Head Start, the Job
Corps, Volunteers in Service to America, the Community Action Program
and Legal Services for the Poor. (The Office of Economic Opportunity
was dismantled in 1973, but many of its programs survived in other
agencies.)

In 1968, Johnson named Mr. Shriver ambassador to France. It was a time
of strained relations. President Charles de Gaulle had recognized
Communist China, withdrawn French forces from NATO’s integrated
military command and denounced American involvement in Indochina. But
Mr. Shriver established a working rapport with de Gaulle and was
credited with helping to improve relations. Mr. Shriver returned to
the United States in 1970 to work for Democrats in the midterm
elections and to reassess his own political prospects. His long-
awaited break came two years later when Senator McGovern, the
Democratic presidential nominee, picked him as his running mate. Mr.
McGovern’s first choice, Senator Thomas F. Eagleton, was dropped after
revelations that he had received electroshock therapy for depression.
The McGovern-Shriver ticket lost in a landslide to the incumbent
Republicans, Richard M. Nixon and Spiro T. Agnew. Four years later,
Mr. Shriver ran for the Democratic presidential nomination, pledging a
renewal of ethics after the Watergate scandal that drove Nixon from
the White House. But Mr. Shriver was knocked out in the primaries and
ended his political career.

In later years, he was a rainmaker for an international law firm,
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, retiring in 1986. He was
also active in the Special Olympics, founded by his wife for mentally
disabled athletes, and he continued his work with the Sargent Shriver
National Center on Poverty Law, an advocacy organization he founded in
Chicago in 1967 as the National Clearinghouse for Legal Services.
In 1994, President Bill Clinton awarded Mr. Shriver the Presidential
Medal of Freedom. Ten years earlier, President Ronald Reagan conferred
the same award on Eunice Shriver. They were the only husband and wife
to win the nation’s highest civilian honor individually. In 2008, PBS
broadcast a documentary, “American Idealist: The Story of Sargent
Shriver.” A children’s book by Maria Shriver, “What’s Happening to
Grandpa?,” was published in 2004, explaining the effects of
Alzheimer’s disease. In May 2009, HBO presented a four-part
documentary on Alzheimer’s. Ms. Shriver was the executive producer of
one segment, “Grandpa, Do You Know Who I Am?”

Robert Sargent Shriver Jr., known as Sarge from childhood, was born in
Westminster, Md., on Nov. 9, 1915, the son of his namesake, a banker,
and Hilda Shriver. His forebears, called Schreiber, immigrated from
Germany in 1721. One ancestor, David Shriver, was a signer of
Maryland’s 1776 Constitution. The Shrivers, like the Kennedys, were
Roman Catholics and socially prominent, but not especially affluent.
On scholarships, he attended Canterbury, a Catholic boarding prep
school in New Milford, Conn. — John F. Kennedy was briefly a
schoolmate — and Yale University, graduating with honors in 1938. He
earned a Yale law degree in 1941 and joined the Navy shortly before
the attack on Pearl Harbor, becoming an officer on battleships and
submarines in the Atlantic and the Pacific and winning a Purple Heart
for wounds he sustained at Guadalcanal.

After the war, he joined Newsweek as an editor. He met Eunice Kennedy
at a dinner party, and she introduced him to her father, Joseph P.
Kennedy. In 1946, Joseph Kennedy hired him to help manage his recently
acquired Merchandise Mart in Chicago, then the world’s largest
commercial building. In Chicago, Mr. Shriver not only turned a profit
for the mart but also plunged into Democratic politics.
After a seven-year courtship, Mr. Shriver and Ms. Kennedy were married
by Cardinal Francis Spellman at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York in
1953. In addition to his daughter, Maria, Mr. Shriver’s survivors
include four sons, Robert Sargent Shriver III of Santa Monica, Calif.;
Timothy, of Chevy Chase, Md.; Mark, of Bethesda, Md.; and Anthony, of
Miami; and 19 grandchildren.

Mr. Shriver’s relationships with the Kennedys were widely analyzed by
the news media, not least because of his own political potential. He
looked like a movie star, with a flashing smile, dark hair going gray
and the kind of muscled, breezy athleticism that went with tennis
courts and sailboats. Like the Kennedys, he was charming but not self-
revealing, a quick study but not reflective. Associates said he could
be imperious, but his knightly public image became indelible.
He took root in Chicago. In 1954, he was appointed to the city’s Board
of Education, and a year later became its president. In 1955, he also
became president of the Catholic Interracial Council, which fought
discrimination in housing, education and other aspects of city life.
By 1959, he had become so prominent in civic affairs that he was being
touted as a Democratic candidate for governor of Illinois in 1960.
Mr. Shriver did nothing to discourage reports that he was considering
a run. But with the rest of the Kennedy clan, he joined John F.
Kennedy’s 1960 presidential campaign. As he and other family members
acknowledged later, the patriarch, Joseph Kennedy, had told him that a
separate Shriver race that year would be a distraction. So he resigned
from the Chicago school board and became a campaign coordinator in
Wisconsin and West Virginia and a principal contact with minorities.

As the election approached, the campaign learned that the Rev. Dr.
Martin Luther King Jr. had been sentenced in Georgia to four months of
hard labor for what amounted to a minor traffic violation. Mr. Shriver
suggested that Senator Kennedy call a distraught Coretta Scott King,
who was terrified that her husband might be killed in prison. His
reassuring call, and another by Robert F. Kennedy to a judge in
Georgia that led to Dr. King’s release, helped produce a windfall of
black support for Kennedy. Senator Kennedy broached the idea for a
volunteer corps in a speech at the University of Michigan and
crystallized it as the Peace Corps in an appearance in San Francisco.
Mr. Shriver, who as a young man had guided American students on work-
and-learn programs in Europe, seemed a natural to initiate it.
After the inauguration, Mr. Shriver, who scouted talent for the
incoming administration — people who came to be known as “the best and
the brightest” — was assigned to the task of designing the Peace
Corps, which was established by executive order in March 1961. As
director, he laid the foundations for what arguably became the most
lasting accomplishment of the Kennedy presidency. As the Peace Corps
approaches its 50th anniversary this year, more than 200,000 Americans
have served as corps volunteers in 139 countries.
Break mirrors, Mr. Shriver advised graduating students at Yale in
1994. “Yes, indeed,” he said. “Shatter the glass. In our society that
is so self-absorbed, begin to look less at yourself and more at each
other. Learn more about the face of your neighbor and less about your
own.”

COMMENTS: Mr. Shriver was one of the last living links to a time when
America's compassionate and idealistic nature was allowed to have a
role in her politics. He effectively created the enduring institution
known as the Peace Corps after JFK ordered its charter and he built
the foundations of an expanded national entitlement system that has
lasted even to the present day in its basis structure. Shriver was a
much-needed asset to George McGovern's 1972 presidential campaign. He
could not stave off the Nixon landslide, of course, but his presence
on the ticket may have been the most significant factor in McGovern's
electoral college wins. He, like his brothers-in-law, stood for a
strong but kind America, a country that would not neglect its moral
obligation to those who suffer at home or abroad. It is a pity that
too few like him remain in our politics. May he rest in peace and may
our nation never forget the honorable public service and the idealism
he brought to government.

Sarge was probably the best vice-president the country never had, and
the personification of what Jack Kennedy meant when he said "Ask not
what your country can do for you..."

I ran into Sargent Shriver in 1964 when he came to my campus (Hunter
College in the Bronx) and delivered a call to service to those of us
who loved our country, were willing to sacrifice to serve it, but were
unwilling to participate in the death and destruction that was being
inflicted on Indochina. Four years later the Peace Corps delivered to
me the first experience of my adult life. Off in the third world,
helping as I could, learning to take care of myself under less than
ideal circumstances. It still is what everyone wants to talk about,
when they hear that I did this, more than 40 years ago.

Sarge's leadership gift was his ability to mobilize people by
appealing to their higher nature. Sarge's enthusiasm when he visited
the University of Illinois in 1964 inspired me to join the Peace Corps
(Malawi V: 1964-66). That same enthusiasm inspired me to be an advance
man for the McGovern-Shriver campaign in 1972. Our joke on the
campaign was that we weren't going to tell Sarge when the election was
(in early November). He was enjoying campaigning so much we would let
him keep at it until Christmas.

I served with the Peace Corps in Venezuela from 1964 to 1966 while
Sargent Shriver was director. It was a momentous period in my life and
influenced my work thereafter, as an urban planner with assignments in
Colombia, Guatemala and Indonesia. I remember well as a student at the
Univ. of Michigan the night John Kennedy proposed the Peace Corps, and
then selected Sarge Shriver to make it happen. His career inspired all
of us in the field and since our return as RPCVs we have continued to
help others both at home and abroad. He will be remembered as one of
the great public servants, with a legacy of volunteerism which has
thrived through his wife Eunice and his children. His had a long and
productive life and his great accomplishments live on. Condolences to
the family.

The Peace Corps was a brilliant concept. It was in keeping with JFK's
commitment to assist the poorest in the world, who had achieved
newfound freedom at that time. It was also in keeping with his notion
that the "torch" had been passed to a new generation, since many of us
going into the Peace Corps at the time were just out of college. The
hard part-- implementing the concept -- fell to Sargent Shriver. The
Peace Corps could've easily failed during those early years. But, due
to Sargent Shriver's brilliant execution, the Peace Corps became a
huge success within a short span in those early years. It captured the
imagination of an entire subsequent generation who have been tested in
the field and have returned home to forge major changes. Sargent
Shriver deserves as much credit for all of this as anyone over the
past half-century. I'm proud to have served in the Peace Corps and to
have returned home to push for progressive changes in every aspect of
our society as a committed citizen dedicated to equal rights,
international understanding, and poverty alleviation. Bruce, Guinea
'64

Sargent Shriver's life is being celebrated for his civil rights
record, his founding leadership of the Peace Corps, and even for his
family's work on Alzheimer's, but I doubt that a single obituary or
appreciation of will mention stand he took in the final days of his
fated 1972 vice presidential campaign. It was bold, lonely (not even
shared by his presidential nominee) and right. The Nixon White House
caused an international sensation less than two weeks before Election
Day when National Security Adviser Henry A. Kissinger announced before
the television cameras that "peace is at hand" in Vietnam. Nixon and
Kissinger had, in fact, reached a settlement with the Communist
government of North Vietnam, but it was not peace, as they all
realized. South Vietnamese President Nguyen Van Thieu, whose
government more than 50,000 American soldiers had died defending,
realized that Nixon's settlement terms would destroy the South.
Privately, as Nixon's White House tapes have since revealed, the
President and the national security adviser acknowledged it, too.
(Listen to Nixon and Kissinger discuss the matter at http://fatalpolitics.blogspot.com...
North Vietnam accepted Nixon's settlement before Election Day 1972
because it realized, like Nixon and Kissinger, that the settlement
would lead to a Communist victory. For the same reason, South Vietnam
rejected the deal. On paper, the settlement called for a
reconciliation commission with Communist and anti-Communist members to
work on setting up elections in South Vietnam, but the commission was
designed to deadlock. Nixon realized that the two sides would
ultimately fight it out, but hoped that the South would last long
enough so its final defeat was its fault, not his. In the most recent
released batch of Nixon tapes, you can hear Nixon and Kissinger
discuss the best time--in terms of American politics--for the South to
fall (after the 1974 midterm elections in the spring of 1975--exactly
when it did.) On the Democratic ticket, only Sargent Shriver, the vice
presidential candidate, criticized the deal for what it was. "If this
is peace with honor," Shriver said on Oct. 31, 1972, "I'd like to know
what surrender is. . . . I don't see the difference between what
[Nixon and Kissinger] got and what we used to call surrender." At the
top of the ticket, however, presidential nominee McGovern claimed that
Nixon had "closed the door to peace once again" by refusing to sign
the deal before Election Day. The deal was nothing like peace, so
refusing to sign it didn't close any door to peace. It just gave Nixon
more time to find a way to force President Thieu to accept the terms
that would destroy South Vietnam. McGovern, like so many liberals,
overestimated Nixon. They thought he was really determined to prevent
Communist victory in Vietnam. He was only determined to prevent
Democratic victory in America.

I don't see much mention of the fact that Peace Corps has perhaps
benefitted the US more than countries served most of the time. We
former volunteers learned what it's like to live without electricity
or water, to speak another language, to speak another culture, learned
a lot about what we might actually maybe realistically accomplish, and
a lot about what the rest of the world is like: what it's like to live
in real poverty. And then we spend the rest of lives explaining that
to other Americans, and sometimes representing the US abroad too.
Brilliant. I was born after the PCorps' early years were over and my
group served inside, of all places, what used to be the USSR. The 50th
anniversary is this year - 1961 and the 'ask not what your country can
do for you' speech is now 50 years ago. The organization has its
flaws, and its history is sometimes more hope than reality, but Peace
Corps is still the single most successful US international development
or foreign policy or international peace initiative, that I can think
of. RIP, Sargeant Shriver.

In the summer of 1966 our group of 65 idealistic Peace Corps
volunteers headed for Africa and landed in the dusty, heat-scorched
desert of Niger. We lived there for two years, working in agriculture,
digging wells and starting health clinics for women and their babies.
We spoke French and a local language, and we lived in the villages
just like Nigeriens. We boiled our water twice in iodine, we used a
bucket for a shower and a hole in the ground for... We banded together
at Christmas for parties in Zinder because we were so isolated in-
country. We fell in love with Niger and the Nigeriens and this
experience changed our lives forever. We returned to the U.S. in 1968
to absolute turmoil, the anti-war movement, the women's movement,
People's Park. Most of us moved to the bay area where we had trained
as we needed to be together just to process the transition from the
Sahara to the streets! Culture shock was coming home, as it turned
out. In 2008 five of us returned to Niger to witness how our work had
influenced life today. It's a miracle. Girls go to school, there are
women's health clinics everywhere and one can drink the water in most
places. Of course there is much work to be done but I cried with
happiness every day we were there. Our group has stayed close for 40
years. We will have our 5th reunion this summer. I have made a
documentary http://www.niger66.com about our group. As you will see we
became nurses, journalists, teachers, a judge, a filmmaker and many
who work in the public sector. We are happy people and best friends
because of our experience and we owe this to JFK and Sarge.

Reagan's White House doctors denied they'd ever seen any evidence of
the disease while Reagan was in office, but there were countless
examples of the kind of bizarre behavior Stahl recorded, going back to
at least 1984. Among others, Sam Donaldson recorded example after
example of this in his book "Hold On, Mr. President," where he tends
to make light of it (the book being written in the '80s, well before
the diagnosis). Donaldson wrote that Reagan once came out of a meeting
with the congressional leadership to talk to the press about some
compromise they'd just worked out, and couldn't remember a single
detail of the agreement he'd just concluded minutes earlier--a total
blank. To explain it, he introduced "Congressman Michelle" to the
press. There was no "Congressman Michelle," but Rep. Bob Michel was
there, and helpfully stepped up to outline the deal. Reagan's use of
note-cards from which he read pre-written answers at press conferences
was a particularly hideous sign, but in the years after he left
office, it emerged that he also used these cards, prepared by his
advisers, when on the phone, and even in meetings with foreign
dignitaries. Right in front of the foreign dignitaries. There is much
to support Ron's speculation about his father. I'm going through a
particularly hideous personal crisis at the moment and can't give
proper attention to any of these things, but they're out there.

Well…it seems that Mr. Reagan's adopted son is stating that he knows
more about what was going on in the White House of the Reagan
administration than the natural son and namesake states that he
knows. If what the younger natural sibling says is correct (based on
FAIR reporting herein), then some massively important decisions were
made that have had everlastingly important impacts on the world at
large. For example, a domestic policy decision that now has the
United States $15 trillion in debt (and engaged in $1+ trillion annual
budget deficits) is that decision which resulted in the U.S. now owing
hundreds of $billions to China and elsewhere—China's President Hu
having recently visited the White House and in our opinion not been
seriously engaged by President Obama because of said debt. The U.S. is
now dependent upon potential enemies in order to pay its recurring
annual bills. It's bad enough when a national economy as pivotal to
world stability as that of the U.S. is dependent upon its friends…but
enemies? Well, the potential impact of that is absolutely staggering
to even our collective imaginations. What happened here? Was it the
Reagan federal income tax policy decision that took effect in first
1982 (top rate of 70% down to 50%) and then in 1986 (50% down to an
unsustainable 28%)? We say yes…it was that policy decision that is in
fact what happened here. Said (by all reports likely senility-induced)
economic tax policy decision is that which a democrat/republican-
controlled congress (O'Neill-D/Rostenkowski-D/Dole-R) foolishly went
along with as late as 1986. Said policy is the one wherein the
historical average top marginal rate of 70% was cut to the bone (down
to 28%) effective in 1988 (1986 legislation)—with total disregard for
the fact that it had traditionally been privileged class taxpayers who
had paid America's bills since World War I (actually, since the
republican-inspired federal income tax went into effect retroactive to
March of 1913, the republican-originated/passed 16th constitutional
amendment of 1909-1913 being implemented by a democrat president and
democrat-controlled congress in October of 1913). Although Vice
President (and later President George H.W. Bush) knew precisely how
"voodoo-like" such an economic tax policy was (i.e., Reaganomics, even
at the time)—it seems that the former's son, President George W. Bush,
and a republican-controlled congress went on to emulate said "voodoo-
like" 20th Century Reaganomics with their own 21st Century republican
brand of "voodooistic" tax policy, i.e., Bushonomics, in 2003 (2001
legislation). That was when the top marginal federal income tax rate
was cut one final instance in modern times to the present 35%. And 35%
is where the top rate will now apparently remain until December 31,
2012, after a new president is elected or after President Obama is
reelected. All the while, of course, the United States sinks yet
another half a $trillion into debt owing to privileged-class avoidance
of its patriotic duty during wartime. Yes, the middle class needs all
of the "surplus 'investment' capital" it can garner to just barely
keep the consumer-driven U.S. economy afloat. It's getting to the
point that we wonder if the republicans even realize what is going on.
Is it senility at work yet again, e.g., the current congress's Mr.
Speaker and Mr. Senate Minority Leader? Perhaps just as seriously
important, is this FAIR-reiterated business of one's being the victim
of serious senility apparently even being kept quiet by Big Government
and Big Media at the behest of Big Business and Big Politics…Big Legal
also playing its part in camouflaging what was going on at the time.
Worse still—is using an elderly president who is sitting behind the
desk in the Oval Office as the aforementioned camouflage. Said self-
serving "users" then all the while wielding presidential political,
economic & military power during the so called "enlightened" years
between 1981 and 1989. It reminds us of the president who signed the
Revenue Act of 1913 during his first year in office. President Woodrow
Wilson later became so debilitated during his second term, that his
wife and aides wielded said presidential power during their own
version of such a Reagan-like, disability-driven cover-up.

Read Garry Wills' "Reagan's America" for the best insights into this
strange fellow. Wills' book remains the best account of Reagan's
political life; his accounting of Reagan's time in Hollywood is truly
insightful. The note cards? Reagan began using them very early on;
there was actually a "keeper of the cards" who made sure the future
President had them on hand--if he didn't, all was lost. I most
certainly trust Ron Reagan's judgement here; Michael Reagan is a low
and contemptible person, a known liar and violent-minded asshole who
doesn't have the sense that God gave a handful of gravel. Hence, he
makes good money and is a trusted person on the Right.

"Sir Arthur CB Wholeflaffers ASA" <science@zzz.com> wrote in message
On Jan 29, 10:15 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Fox is giving in to the President.

> that FOX News doesn't show enough black and
> Hispanic people on their network, FOX has
> announced that they will now air
> "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops"
> TWICE weekly.

We don't care about your right-wing nonsense or your debunker
garbage. Both are enemies of the State and hopefully very soon the
Octagon will drop 1 quintillion anti-matter bombs on your strongholds
and be rid of your kind forever!!

Blow me, LipFlapper ...