Research Discussion: SOYUZ Landing, 2010

SOYUZ Landing, 2010

These photos some of those which you will never, EVER see in the
US newspapers or probably anywhere else in the USA ..........just absolutely
awesome!!!

The Liberal cowards who run the US will not admit that they gutted
our space program and they can't stomach the success of the Russians.

A Soyuz capsule carrying Russians Alexander Skvortsov and Mikhail
Korniyenko, and NASA's Tracy Caldwell Dyson came back to Earth September 25,
2010 from the International Space Station and landed s
afely in Kazakhstan , a day after an initial attempt to return was aborted
after latches holding the Soyuz TMA-18 craft to the orbital station failed
to open.

Photos from NASA. Check the link, the graphics are well worth it.

http://cryptome.org/info/soyuz-tma18/soyuz-tma18.htm

On Jan 22, 10:35 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> These photos some of those which you will never, EVER see in the
> US newspapers or probably anywhere else in the USA ..........just absolutely
> awesome!!!
>
> The Liberal cowards who run the US will not admit that they gutted
> our space program and they can't stomach the success of the Russians.
>
> A Soyuz capsule carrying Russians Alexander Skvortsov and Mikhail
> Korniyenko, and NASA's Tracy Caldwell Dyson came back to Earth September 25,
> 2010 from the International Space Station and landed s
> afely in Kazakhstan , a day after an initial attempt to return was aborted
> after latches holding the Soyuz TMA-18 craft to the orbital station failed
>  to open.
>
> Photos from NASA.  Check the link, the graphics are well worth it.
>
> http://cryptome.org/info/soyuz-tma18/soyuz-tma18.htm

It's certainly a clean, cheap and reasonably reliable method that
doesn't cost 10% as much per person or per kg as our spendy shuttle
methods needed. I bet the JAXA version is going to be as good or
better.

http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 10:35:22 -0800, "Hagar" <hsahm@yahoo.com> wrote:

>These photos some of those which you will never, EVER see in the
>US newspapers or probably anywhere else in the USA ..........just absolutely
>awesome!!!

>A Soyuz capsule carrying Russians Alexander Skvortsov and Mikhail
>Korniyenko, and NASA's Tracy Caldwell Dyson came back to Earth September 25,
>2010 from the International Space Station and landed s
>afely in Kazakhstan , a day after an initial attempt to return was aborted
>after latches holding the Soyuz TMA-18 craft to the orbital station failed
> to open.
>
>Photos from NASA. Check the link, the graphics are well worth it.
>
>http://cryptome.org/info/soyuz-tma18/soyuz-tma18.htm

Excellent collection of photos.
Thanks for sharing that.

It seems to hit the ground with a bit of a heavy thud.
I wonder if that jars some cosmonaut's backs.

And the ladder is too steep.
They should have a slower slide,
then straight into a comfortable
ambulance type vehicle.

After being in space for some time,
it wouldn't be nice to have hands
holding your arms and legs
carrying you. And one person
might trip up.

Anyway, it's interesting seeing
the variety of people involved
in that space program.
Quite a fine looking bunch
of educated trying folks.

Quite a bit different from the movie on TV
I watched last night...
The Patriot (2000)
http://babbleon5.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/patriot-102.jpg

Here is another photo of Tracy...

http://astrowright.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/800px-tracy_caldwell_dyson_in_cupola_iss.jpg

_______________________

My 5km Walk The Other Day...
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t2/SirGilliganHorry/Photos%20For%20Alt%20Alien%20Research/

"Jims Space Agency"
http://www.YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

___

Robertva

> (snip)
>
> It seems to hit the ground with a bit of a heavy thud.
> I wonder if that jars some cosmonaut's backs.
>
> (snip)

The reentry capsule is equipped with rockets to provide a last moment
deceleration. Some of the dust cloud in the photos may have been stirred
up by their exhaust.

Hover your mouse pointer over "DMP (Soft Landing Engines)" on the
"Reentry capsule" tab:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/soyuz.html

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 15:19:50 -0500, robertva
<robert_c72@hotmail.invalid> wrote:

>> (snip)
>>
>> It seems to hit the ground with a bit of a heavy thud.
>> I wonder if that jars some cosmonaut's backs.
>>
>> (snip)
>
>The reentry capsule is equipped with rockets to provide a last moment
>deceleration. Some of the dust cloud in the photos may have been stirred
>up by their exhaust.
>
>Hover your mouse pointer over "DMP (Soft Landing Engines)" on the
>"Reentry capsule" tab:
>
>http://www.russianspaceweb.com/soyuz.html

Thanks, nice information and site.

Yes, it was a lot of dust for a landing in a wiry wheat field.

I thought there had to be something to cushion the crew.
(Like advanced shocks in the seats)

DMP (Soft Landing Engines) don't seem reliable enough.
But I suppose the odds of one failing
would be 1/1000.

I'm a big fan of multiple back-up systems.

It's the same with some of the Extraterrestrial UFOs
that are being shot down or just crash... their back-up systems
methodologies are pathetic.

But as I've said before, I suppose most ET scout craft crew
don't give a stuff about crashing and dying.
They just reincarnate again back on their hundreds of planets
sucking on mommys breast, listening to advanced accelerated learning
recordings, and back on a mothership before the next American
elections!

http://media.bladezone.com/contents/fan/submissions/doug/Mother_Ship.jpg

Study this case...

http://www.jerrypippin.com/UFO_Varginha.jpg

Dr Roger Leir's book... "UFO Crash in Brazil".

_____________________________

On Jan 22, 10:35 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> These photos some of those which you will never, EVER see in the
> US newspapers or probably anywhere else in the USA ..........just
> absolutely
> awesome!!!
>
> The Liberal cowards who run the US will not admit that they gutted
> our space program and they can't stomach the success of the Russians.
>
> A Soyuz capsule carrying Russians Alexander Skvortsov and Mikhail
> Korniyenko, and NASA's Tracy Caldwell Dyson came back to Earth September
> 25,
> 2010 from the International Space Station and landed s
> afely in Kazakhstan , a day after an initial attempt to return was aborted
> after latches holding the Soyuz TMA-18 craft to the orbital station failed
> to open.
>
> Photos from NASA. Check the link, the graphics are well worth it.
>
> http://cryptome.org/info/soyuz-tma18/soyuz-tma18.htm

It's certainly a clean, cheap and reasonably reliable method that
doesn't cost 10% as much per person or per kg as our spendy shuttle
methods needed. I bet the JAXA version is going to be as good or
better.

Considering that we used to do the same thing, with the exception that
we landed in water vs. the Siberian Steppe ... and getting up there in the
first place is equally expensive, considering that the Shuttle can haul a
whole lot more than the Russkie's Proton rocket.
Either way, you've got moronic drool all over your face ... again.

On Jan 22, 4:14 pm, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jan 22, 10:35 am, "Hagar" <hs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > These photos some of those which you will never, EVER see in the
> > US newspapers or probably anywhere else in the USA ..........just
> > absolutely
> > awesome!!!
>
> > The Liberal cowards who run the US will not admit that they gutted
> > our space program and they can't stomach the success of the Russians.
>
> > A Soyuz capsule carrying Russians Alexander Skvortsov and Mikhail
> > Korniyenko, and NASA's Tracy Caldwell Dyson came back to Earth September
> > 25,
> > 2010 from the International Space Station and landed s
> > afely in Kazakhstan , a day after an initial attempt to return was aborted
> > after latches holding the Soyuz TMA-18 craft to the orbital station failed
> > to open.
>
> > Photos from NASA. Check the link, the graphics are well worth it.
>
> >http://cryptome.org/info/soyuz-tma18/soyuz-tma18.htm
>
> It's certainly a clean, cheap and reasonably reliable method that
> doesn't cost 10% as much per person or per kg as our spendy shuttle
> methods needed.  I bet the JAXA version is going to be as good or
> better.

> Considering that we used to do the same thing, with the exception that
> we landed in water vs. the Siberian Steppe ... and getting up there in the
> first place is equally expensive, considering that the Shuttle can haul a
> whole lot more than the Russkie's Proton rocket.
> Either way, you've got moronic drool all over your face ... again.

Russians pocket $10M profit per private passenger to/from ISS. Now
that has got to hurt. No wonder you're always so cranky.