Research Discussion: How Russians Deal With Somali Pirates

How Russians Deal With Somali Pirates

First read below

http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html

This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship
shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro Union
navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there
could be casualties.
All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded
pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not
a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian.
If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy
Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the
pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and
exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.
The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any
court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of
the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the
right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.

I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian
pirates.

If only we still had the cajones to do this ...

Jake
2010-11-15 19:24:09 EST
On Nov 15, 6:15 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:

> If only we still had the cajones to do this ...

It's become obvious, to me, that you have been taking spanish
classes. Only thing is, you've been going to the Hell's Angels
clubhouse for them. Huh Hags?
Jake.

On Nov 15, 4:15 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:
> First read below
>
> http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
>
> This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship
> shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker.  The Euro Union
> navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there
> could be casualties.
> All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded
> pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This  is not
> a fishing boat.".  All conversations between the commandos are in Russian.
> If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.
>
> The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker.  The Russian Navy
> Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the
> pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and
> exploded it with all  remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.
> The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any
> court proceedings, lawyers etc.  That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of
> the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the
> right to decide what to do with the pirates.  Usually, they were hung.
>
> I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian
> pirates.
>
> If only we still had the cajones to do this ...

Actually, that old law of the sea is perfectly valid and should be
utilized more often. However, those pirates would have the exact same
authority as long as they were in control of whatever ship. So it's
clearly a double edged sword, just like the one you keep under your
bed bug and lice infested mattress.

~ BG

Bast
2010-11-15 20:27:26 EST

Brad Guth wrote:
> On Nov 15, 4:15 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:
>> First read below
>>
>> http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
>>
>> This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship
>> shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro
>> Union navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they
>> feared there could be casualties.
>> All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a
>> wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says
>> "This is not a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos
>> are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak
>> for themselves.
>>
>> The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy
>> Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched
>> the pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship
>> and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.
>> The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without
>> any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy
>> laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing
>> ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually,
>> they were hung.
>>
>> I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for
>> Somalian pirates.
>>
>> If only we still had the cajones to do this ...
>
> Actually, that old law of the sea is perfectly valid and should be
> utilized more often. However, those pirates would have the exact same
> authority as long as they were in control of whatever ship. So it's
> clearly a double edged sword, just like the one you keep under your
> bed bug and lice infested mattress.
>
> ~ BG

I hate to say this,....I MEAN, I REALLY HATE TO SAY THIS.
But I gotta agree with Hags on this one.

Like mosquitos in the spring, shooing these pirates away does little good.
When their buddies notice that the ones who go out, never come back.
That should keep more from going out.

On Nov 15, 4:15 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:
> First read below
>
> http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
>
> This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship
> shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro
> Union
> navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared
> there
> could be casualties.
> All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded
> pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not
> a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian.
> If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.
>
> The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy
> Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the
> pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and
> exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.
> The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any
> court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of
> the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the
> right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.
>
> I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian
> pirates.
>
> If only we still had the cajones to do this ...

Actually, that old law of the sea is perfectly valid and should be
utilized more often. However, those pirates would have the exact same
authority as long as they were in control of whatever ship. So it's
clearly a double edged sword, just like the one you keep under your
bed bug and lice infested mattress.

~ BG

It's Liberal douche bags like yourself and their Political Correctness
and Rules of Engagement that are the reason we're still in Afghanistan and
Iraq and why the pirates laugh in our faces.
Perhaps we should care a little less what the rest of the world thinks of us
and get the job done. I do hope the Russkies set the standard for
retaliation to future pirate excursions.

On Nov 15, 5:27 pm, "Bast" <faken...@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> Brad Guth wrote:
> > On Nov 15, 4:15 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:
> >> First read below
>
> >>http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
>
> >> This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship
> >> shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro
> >> Union navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they
> >> feared there could be casualties.
> >> All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a
> >> wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says
> >> "This is not a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos
> >> are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak
> >> for themselves.
>
> >> The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy
> >> Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched
> >> the pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship
> >> and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.
> >> The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without
> >> any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy
> >> laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing
> >> ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually,
> >> they were hung.
>
> >> I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for
> >> Somalian pirates.
>
> >> If only we still had the cajones to do this ...
>
> > Actually, that old law of the sea is perfectly valid and should be
> > utilized more often.  However, those pirates would have the exact same
> > authority as long as they were in control of whatever ship.  So it's
> > clearly a double edged sword, just like the one you keep under your
> > bed bug and lice infested mattress.
>
> >  ~ BG
>
> I hate to say this,....I MEAN, I REALLY HATE TO SAY THIS.
> But I gotta agree with Hags on this one.
>
> Like mosquitos in the spring, shooing these pirates away does little good.
> When their buddies notice that the ones who go out, never come back.
> That should keep more from going out.

Lets hope so. However, when you have next to nothing to lose other
than your life, chances are they're not going to hesitate when the
next opportunity comes along, because the rewards have been paying off
way better than most state lotteries.

Those ships need to be fully armed and trained to use deadly force.

~ BG

On Nov 15, 5:47 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:

> On Nov 15, 4:15 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:
>

> > First read below
>
> >http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
>
> > This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship
> > shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro
> > Union
> > navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared
> > there
> > could be casualties.
> > All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded
> > pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not
> > a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian.
> > If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.
>
> > The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy
> > Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the
> > pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and
> > exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.
> > The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any
> > court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of
> > the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the
> > right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.
>
> > I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian
> > pirates.
>
> > If only we still had the cajones to do this ...
>
> Actually, that old law of the sea is perfectly valid and should be
> utilized more often.  However, those pirates would have the exact same
> authority as long as they were in control of whatever ship.  So it's
> clearly a double edged sword, just like the one you keep under your
> bed bug and lice infested mattress.
>
>  ~ BG
>
>         *****************************************
> It's Liberal douche bags like yourself and their Political Correctness
> and Rules of Engagement that are the reason we're still in Afghanistan and
> Iraq and why the pirates laugh in our faces.
> Perhaps we should care a little less what the rest of the world thinks of us
> and get the job done.  I do hope the Russkies set the standard for
> retaliation to future pirate excursions.

Your expected tantrum is noted. Noticed that you're not working on
any of those ships, so you can be very brave as you hide under your
trailer.

~ BG

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:15:38 -0800, "Hagar" <hmsahm@suregas.net>
wrote:

>First read below
>
>http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
>
>This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship
>shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro Union
>navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there
>could be casualties.
>All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded
>pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not
>a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian.
>If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.
>
>The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy
>Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the
>pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and
>exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.
>The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any
>court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of
>the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the
>right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.
>
>I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian
>pirates.
>
>If only we still had the cajones to do this ...

I'm all for Love and Intelligence
and Forgiveness and a Wonderful Future.
But if I pirated a Russian Oil Tanker...
I wouldn't expect Vodka and Cake !

Going to watch the video now...

I am Video Blogging now becoming The Wealthiest World Famous YouTube Video Personality and Saving the World!!!

"Jims Space Agency"

http://www.YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

On Nov 15, 5:47 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:

> On Nov 15, 4:15 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:
>

> > First read below
>
> >http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
>
> > This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship
> > shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro
> > Union
> > navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared
> > there
> > could be casualties.
> > All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a
> > wounded
> > pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is
> > not
> > a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos are in
> > Russian.
> > If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.
>
> > The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy
> > Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched
> > the
> > pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and
> > exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.
> > The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without
> > any
> > court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws
> > of
> > the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has
> > the
> > right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.
>
> > I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for
> > Somalian
> > pirates.
>
> > If only we still had the cajones to do this ...
>
> Actually, that old law of the sea is perfectly valid and should be
> utilized more often. However, those pirates would have the exact same
> authority as long as they were in control of whatever ship. So it's
> clearly a double edged sword, just like the one you keep under your
> bed bug and lice infested mattress.
>
> ~ BG

> It's Liberal douche bags like yourself and their Political Correctness
> and Rules of Engagement that are the reason we're still in Afghanistan and
> Iraq and why the pirates laugh in our faces.
> Perhaps we should care a little less what the rest of the world thinks of
> us
> and get the job done. I do hope the Russkies set the standard for
> retaliation to future pirate excursions.

Your expected tantrum is noted. Noticed that you're not working on
any of those ships, so you can be very brave as you hide under your
trailer.

~ BG
You're right, you bleeding heart Liberal doucher ... I wouldn't be
on one of those ships, since some maritime law, supported by OUR
government, prohibits civilian ships to be armed. The Russians, in
case you feeble brain didn't capture this, were the NAVY of the
former USSR and they don't have any qualms blowing the bad guys to kingdom
come. Now go and find Waldo, you Loon.

Chatnoir
2010-11-17 12:38:34 EST
On Nov 15, 4:15 pm, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:
> First read below
>
> http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
>
> This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship
> shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker.  The Euro Union
> navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there
> could be casualties.
> All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded
> pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This  is not
> a fishing boat.".  All conversations between the commandos are in Russian.
> If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.
>
> The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker.  The Russian Navy
> Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the
> pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and
> exploded it with all  remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.
> The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any
> court proceedings, lawyers etc.  That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of
> the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the
> right to decide what to do with the pirates.  Usually, they were hung.
>
> I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian
> pirates.
>
> If only we still had the cajones to do this ...

how to make Hagar shut up:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q156/cridder131/ducttapeSmall.jpg