Research Discussion: One Way Trip To Mars

One Way Trip To Mars

Sounds like the old pioneering days ... I'd volunteer if there was a decent
chance of survival (and some wimmen-folk and a recipe for brewing beer).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_one_way_to_mars

A year or so later they could send a ship full of Liberals, so that we'd
have something to hunt and barbecue for the holidays ... I hear they taste
just like chicken and just like chickens, after decapitation, they run
around for a while not realizing that their brain has been severed ... but
they do that here on Earth, too ... just look at Nancy, Hillary, or that
banty-rooster Biden ...

> Sounds like the old pioneering days ... I'd volunteer if there was a
> decent chance of survival (and some wimmen-folk and a recipe for brewing
> beer).

I'd pay for you to go. Your departure would raise the average IQ for the
entire planet. But you have to take your trailer. And remember, no gubmint
cheese on Mars.

On 11/15/2010 4:04 PM, Hagar wrote:
> Sounds like the old pioneering days ... I'd volunteer if there was a decent
> chance of survival (and some wimmen-folk and a recipe for brewing beer).

It would be a MASSIVE undertaking. Even a one-way trip.

Of course, it would take a commitment to launching every
6-12 months for at least 10 years.

In my opinion, we don't have the REAL technology to do it...

Or the money.

We can launch 20 robots to mars for the cost of placing ONE
man there.

AS we develop better and better AI and robotics, it will seem
foolish to even consider wasting money on sending humans.

--
Liberals take note: The US Constitution is NOT a suicide pact.

Mark Earnest
2010-11-15 17:49:00 EST
On Nov 15, 3:04 pm, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> Sounds like the old pioneering days ... I'd volunteer if there was a decent
> chance of survival (and some wimmen-folk and a recipe for brewing beer).
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_one_way_to_mars
>
> A year or so later they could send a ship full of Liberals, so that we'd
> have something to hunt and barbecue for the holidays ... I hear they taste
> just like chicken and just like chickens, after decapitation, they run
> around for a while not realizing that their brain has been severed ... but
> they do that here on Earth, too ... just look at Nancy, Hillary, or that
> banty-rooster Biden ...

It's easier to survive on Mars than on Earth, because on Earth you
have all the orangutans, chimps and gorrillas running around, waiting
to knock our heads in!

"Mark Earnest" <gmearnest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Nov 15, 3:04 pm, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> Sounds like the old pioneering days ... I'd volunteer if there was a
> decent
> chance of survival (and some wimmen-folk and a recipe for brewing beer).
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_one_way_to_mars
>
> A year or so later they could send a ship full of Liberals, so that we'd
> have something to hunt and barbecue for the holidays ... I hear they taste
> just like chicken and just like chickens, after decapitation, they run
> around for a while not realizing that their brain has been severed ... but
> they do that here on Earth, too ... just look at Nancy, Hillary, or that
> banty-rooster Biden ...

It's easier to survive on Mars than on Earth, because on Earth you
have all the orangutans, chimps and gorrillas running around, waiting
to knock our heads in!

Well, duh ... on Mars they've got the little green guys, laying in wait,
with their cudgels ... ....

On 11/15/2010 8:49 PM, Hagar wrote:

> Well, duh ... on Mars they've got the little green guys, laying in wait,
> with their cudgels ... ....

Ya... And spiders. Don't forget the spiders.

--
Liberals take note: The US Constitution is NOT a suicide pact.

Bert
2010-11-16 08:26:29 EST
On Nov 15, 8:54 pm, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/2010 8:49 PM, Hagar wrote:
>

> >          *******************************************
> > Well, duh ... on Mars they've got the little green guys, laying in wait,
> > with their cudgels ... ....
>
> Ya... And spiders.  Don't forget the spiders.
>
> --
> Liberals take note:  The US Constitution is NOT a suicide pact.

Best name for one-way space ship is the "Tang" by Mafia,and heat all
that ice water on Mars and give the Mafia toast. "Death due us part"
Its a toss up what will kill astraunuts first the shuttle Discovery or
going to Mars. TreBert

> On 11/15/2010 8:49 PM, Hagar wrote:

>> Well, duh ... on Mars they've got the little green guys, laying in wait,
>> with their cudgels ... ....
>>

> Ya... And spiders. Don't forget the spiders.

... and the red clams ... they make it all worthwhile ...

Bert
2010-11-16 09:16:45 EST
On Nov 16, 8:44 am, "Hagar" <hms...@suregas.net> wrote:
> "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On 11/15/2010 8:49 PM, Hagar wrote:
>
> >>          *******************************************
> >> Well, duh ... on Mars they've got the little green guys, laying in wait,
> >> with their cudgels ... ....
>
> > Ya... And spiders.  Don't forget the spiders.
>
> ... and the red clams ... they make it all worthwhile ...

Yes clams were mans first food when he came out of the ocean. Red
clams will be first(and only) food that Mars has. There are some blue
mushrooms,but they act 100 times more potent than Earth's crazy
mushrooms.However MAfia NASA might make a buck on them.?? TreBert

Chatnoir
2010-11-16 09:36:30 EST
On Nov 15, 1:04 pm, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> Sounds like the old pioneering days ... I'd volunteer if there was a decent
> chance of survival (and some wimmen-folk and a recipe for brewing beer).
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_one_way_to_mars
>
> A year or so later they could send a ship full of Liberals, so that we'd
> have something to hunt and barbecue for the holidays ... I hear they taste
> just like chicken and just like chickens, after decapitation, they run
> around for a while not realizing that their brain has been severed ... but
> they do that here on Earth, too ... just look at Nancy, Hillary, or that
> banty-rooster Biden ...

>From article:
"Schulze-Makuch and Paul Davies, a physicist at Arizona State
University, argue that humans must begin colonizing another planet as
a hedge against a catastrophe on Earth."

LOL - leaving earth to avoid a catastrophe on Earth and going to a
place that loooks like it, earth wise, suffered a catastrophe. And
hey you can't breathe on Mars!