Research Discussion: Read Before Voting In November !!!

Read Before Voting In November !!!

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be - read it!! The
article below is completely neutral, ...not anti Republican or Democrat.

Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinal has hit the nail
directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis
must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us
every day.

545 vs. 300,000,000

Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.

545 PEOPLE--By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then
campaign against them..

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are
against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and
high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations.
The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court
justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly,
legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems
that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was
created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional
duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private,
central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They
have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a
congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care
if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has
the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it
is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what
they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless
of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount
of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood
up and criticized the President for creating deficits..... The president
can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole
responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving
appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi.
She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not
the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it,
they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545
people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and
irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not
traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth
that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must
follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan
not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire
and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they
can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from
whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the
belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy,"
"inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an
oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power..

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their
bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees..

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it......... Is up to
you.

This might be funny if it weren't so darned true.

This is the Federal curse on us, the people:

The inheritance tax..

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Excise Taxes

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel Permit Tax

Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)

Gross Receipts Tax

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax

Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Personal Property Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Service Charge Tax

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Tax

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Sales Tax

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone Federal Excise Tax

Telephone Federal Universal Service FeeTax

Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes

Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax

Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax

Telephone State and Local Tax

Telephone Usage Charge Tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft Registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY? Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, &
our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no
national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed
home to raise the kids.

What happened? ... can you spell 'Politicians'?'

Painius
2010-08-22 05:55:28 EST
My Dearest Hagar, et al.,

"Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote in message...

> This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be - read it!!
> The article below is completely neutral, ...not anti Republican or
> Democrat.
>

> Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinal has hit the
> nail directly on the head, . . .

No, Reese hasn't even come *close*, and is probably leaping
around with a bulging, red and painful thumb !

Like most of your posts, Reese only shows the "bad side"
with absolutely no mention of any positive aspects to living
and being in this country. Such one-sided reporting of the
realities of the situation is inexcusable.

Those 545 people represent only 0.000182% of who's to
blame for the mess this country is in, as well as much of the
mess the rest of the world is in. There are 299,999,455
*other* people who share the blame with them.

You want to know who's to blame, get off your ass and go
look in the mirror. *That's* who's to blame, along with
299,999,999 other people in this country.

WE THE PEOPLE
of the United States, who try to form a more perfect union,
establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the
common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the
blessings of liberty to ourselves and our children and all who
come after, WE are responsible -- ACCOUNTABLE -- and this
and this ONLY makes us free.

That guy or gal in the mirror makes decisions. It doesn't
matter if the choice is to vote, or not to vote, to vote liberal,
or to vote conservative, to give a buck or two to charity or
not to give a _uck. It doesn't matter. All that matters is for
that person in the mirror to realize that WHATEVER happens
as a result of his or her decision, he or she is responsible
for that result.

If something goes wrong, then the one in the mirror staring
back at you is to blame. If something goes right, then the
one in the mirror gets the credit. It is only when people
grasp and embrace this truth that they will be truly "free".

Many people in other countries do not have this situation.
They look in the mirror and realize that they have no say as
to what happens or can happen to them. When something
bad happens, they can blame either their leader or they can
blame us. If something good happens, they had absolutely
no hand in it, so they cannot take the credit.

It is up to each one of us to be responsible, to accept
accountability for the messes and the cleanups and the
good things, as well.

That is the only way to feel truly free.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "You never find yourself until you face the truth."

P.P.S.: http://astronomy.painellsworth.net
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Paine_Ellsworth

"Painius" <starswirlernosp@maol.com> wrote in message
> My Dearest Hagar, et al.,
>
> "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote in message...

PainintheAss,

The person looking back at me, when I look into the mirror, has been
doing his best to rid the country of the "redistributive wealth vermin" for
some decades now. Unfortunately, I do not have the financial resources
available to Lobbyists and big campaign contributors. Not only that,
the Liberals are raising their own crop of devoted voters by offering them
free-bees, paid for by the funds stolen from those who work for a living
and ultimately enable those shenanigans. The quick version of this is:
If you continue to rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's
vote. Thus I am not the least bit surprised to find you sentiments on that
side of the political and social spectrum.

The Politicians have rigged the game to such a degree, that even newly
elected freshmen, wanting to set things right, don't stand a chance. Once
they fall into the DC cesspool, after 6 months they stink just like the
rest of the shitballs that reside in it.

And just looking at the scumbags like Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and their
close associates, who came to Congress penniless and are now multi
millionaire tax dodgers, should paint the perfect picture of dishonesty and
should demonstrate even to dense doofi like yourself, that their original
duty, namely to represent the common man, has fallen by the wayside. In
their greater scheme of things hard working tax payers like myself stand.
no chance against the juggernaut of political dishonesty, unless the slate
is wiped clean once and for all ... and I for one, hope that will happen
come November 2nd.

Perhaps it's time for you, PainintheAss, to start looking for a real job.

Painius
2010-08-22 19:27:19 EST
My Dearest Hagar,

> "Painius" <starswirlernosp@maol.com> wrote in message
>> "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote in message...
>
> PainintheAss,
>
> The person looking back at me, when I look into the mirror, has been
> doing his best to rid the country of the "redistributive wealth vermin"
> for
> some decades now. Unfortunately, I do not have the financial resources
> available to Lobbyists and big campaign contributors. Not only that,
> the Liberals are raising their own crop of devoted voters by offering them
> free-bees, paid for by the funds stolen from those who work for a living
> and ultimately enable those shenanigans. The quick version of this is:
> If you continue to rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's
> vote. Thus I am not the least bit surprised to find you sentiments on
> that
> side of the political and social spectrum.
>
> The Politicians have rigged the game to such a degree, that even newly
> elected freshmen, wanting to set things right, don't stand a chance. Once
> they fall into the DC cesspool, after 6 months they stink just like the
> rest of the shitballs that reside in it.
>
> And just looking at the scumbags like Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and their
> close associates, who came to Congress penniless and are now multi
> millionaire tax dodgers, should paint the perfect picture of dishonesty
> and
> should demonstrate even to dense doofi like yourself, that their original
> duty, namely to represent the common man, has fallen by the wayside. In
> their greater scheme of things hard working tax payers like myself stand.
> no chance against the juggernaut of political dishonesty, unless the slate
> is wiped clean once and for all ... and I for one, hope that will happen
> come November 2nd.
>
> Perhaps it's time for you, PainintheAss, to start looking for a real job.

So you feel powerless in a nation designed to instill power
in each and every one of us. Okay, that's really a good start.
I don't mind playing "dense doofus" to your feeling of self-
wisdom/self-helplessness (how does that combo work out for
you, btw?). So enlighten me as to how you feel we should
go about getting back the "power to the people".

Vote "repuglycan" on Nov. 2? Izzat your esteemed solution
to all our power loss? You canNOT really be *that*... *that*...
freegin' naive?

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "We never know the worth of water 'til the
well is dry." > Thomas Fuller

> My Dearest Hagar,
>
> "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote in message...
>> "Painius" <starswirlernosp@maol.com> wrote in message
>>> "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote in message...
>>
>> PainintheAss,
>>
>> The person looking back at me, when I look into the mirror, has been
>> doing his best to rid the country of the "redistributive wealth vermin"
>> for
>> some decades now. Unfortunately, I do not have the financial resources
>> available to Lobbyists and big campaign contributors. Not only that,
>> the Liberals are raising their own crop of devoted voters by offering
>> them
>> free-bees, paid for by the funds stolen from those who work for a living
>> and ultimately enable those shenanigans. The quick version of this is:
>> If you continue to rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's
>> vote. Thus I am not the least bit surprised to find you sentiments on
>> that
>> side of the political and social spectrum.
>>
>> The Politicians have rigged the game to such a degree, that even newly
>> elected freshmen, wanting to set things right, don't stand a chance.
>> Once
>> they fall into the DC cesspool, after 6 months they stink just like the
>> rest of the shitballs that reside in it.
>>
>> And just looking at the scumbags like Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and their
>> close associates, who came to Congress penniless and are now multi
>> millionaire tax dodgers, should paint the perfect picture of dishonesty
>> and
>> should demonstrate even to dense doofi like yourself, that their original
>> duty, namely to represent the common man, has fallen by the wayside. In
>> their greater scheme of things hard working tax payers like myself stand.
>> no chance against the juggernaut of political dishonesty, unless the
>> slate
>> is wiped clean once and for all ... and I for one, hope that will happen
>> come November 2nd.
>>
>> Perhaps it's time for you, PainintheAss, to start looking for a real
>> job.
>
> So you feel powerless in a nation designed to instill power
> in each and every one of us. Okay, that's really a good start.
> I don't mind playing "dense doofus" to your feeling of self-
> wisdom/self-helplessness (how does that combo work out for
> you, btw?). So enlighten me as to how you feel we should
> go about getting back the "power to the people".
>
> Vote "repuglycan" on Nov. 2? Izzat your esteemed solution
> to all our power loss? You canNOT really be *that*... *that*...
> freegin' naive?

Well ... seeing the direction the hapless Liberals are steering the
US Titanic, I would say the Republicans at a minimum, couldn't
do any worse. However, I think losing both houses may have
taught them a lesson ... one that completely went over the Liberal's
heads, in their giddiness over absolute power over the sheeple.
I don't really give a shit as to what part you play or perceive to play,
but my vote is for self determination rather than entitlement and
contributing to a working system, rather than sucking dry a failing one.
How's that job search coming along ???

JeffRelf.F-M.FM

<JeffRelf.F-M.FM @.> wrote in message news:JeffRelf.F-M.FM@_8A.2010_Aug.23_.11.38.am...
The weak ask others change, for they can't change themselves.

As much as I like treBert, he's weak ( too old ? ). It's sad.
Likewise, Hagar, H·VAC, Brad Guth and Saul Levy are weak.

You ( Painius, my fellow flabby smoker ) are Not weak.
Double·A is the strongest, I say. ***************************************You fucking moron can't even set up your PC in accordance with the "unwritten" USENET rules.So, before you call other people by derogatory names, get your own shit together, you blitheringnumbnutz.

<JeffRelf.F-M.FM @.> wrote in message
The weak ask others change, for they can't change themselves.

As much as I like treBert, he's weak ( too old ? ). It's sad.
Likewise, Hagar, H\ufffdVAC, Brad Guth and Saul Levy are weak.

You ( Painius, my fellow flabby smoker ) are Not weak.
Double\ufffdA is the strongest, I say.
***************************************
You fucking moron can't even set up your PC in
accordance with the "unwritten" USENET rules.
So, before you call other people by derogatory
names, get your own shit together, you blithering
numbnutz.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone that still smokes is an idiot on many levels.

A *fat* smoker is totally lacking in dicipline. (jeff & Panus)

Use some fucking willpower people.

Painius
2010-08-24 11:57:04 EST
My dearest Harlow,

"HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote...
in message news:i50o63$mku$1@hvac.motzarella.org...
> "Hagar" <hagen@sahm.name> wrote in message
> <JeffRelf.F-M.FM @.> wrote in message
> The weak ask others change, for they can't change themselves.
>
> As much as I like treBert, he's weak ( too old ? ). It's sad.
> Likewise, Hagar, H\ufffdVAC, Brad Guth and Saul Levy are weak.
>
> You ( Painius, my fellow flabby smoker ) are Not weak.
> Double\ufffdA is the strongest, I say.
> ***************************************
> You fucking moron can't even set up your PC in
> accordance with the "unwritten" USENET rules.
> So, before you call other people by derogatory
> names, get your own shit together, you blithering
> numbnutz.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Anyone that still smokes is an idiot on many levels.
>
> A *fat* smoker is totally lacking in dicipline. (jeff & Panus)
>
> Use some fucking willpower people.

It's not that i'm stronger, nor is it that i'm smarter. It's just
that i refuse to give in and allow the completely silly, inane
"political correctness" of non-smoking to affect me. From
the beginning of the non-smoking movement, it was run by
those who had stopped smoking. These have always been
sad cases, because they always want to start back smoking
since they love smoking so much. But they no longer can
justify picking up a fag and enjoying it. So they continue
on in misery. And you know what they say...

M I S E R Y L O V E S C O M P A N Y

AND *that's* why non-smokers work so hard and add so
much bullshit to their arguments. The non-smoking lobby
has always been a group of sad cases, but it's even worse
now as they continue to compound stupid upon stupidity in
their quest for more people in misery to give them more
company.

Ahhhh. That felt so good to get it off my chest a little.

You're right, though, Harlow, i probably should quit now
that i'm reaching toward the end of my life. I just don't
have the heart to put my body and mind through all that
freekin' torture. Nor my loved ones. The last time i quit
for two whole weeks, i was a complete ogre. And i don't
mean a nice one like Shrek. I actually became violent
and then despondent, depressed. One ciggie and i was
"myself" again.

So screw your opinion on this matter. Not that you don't
have some really good opinions, but this one -- based
upon the fantasies of non-smokers in misery who love
company -- sucks boulders.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "I do not want the peace which passeth understanding,
I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
> Helen Keller

P.P.S.: http://astronomy.painellsworth.net
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Paine_Ellsworth

Painius
2010-08-24 12:23:32 EST
My dearest Hagar,

> [...]
>> wisdom/self-helplessness (how does that combo work out for
>> you, btw?). So enlighten me as to how you feel we should
>> go about getting back the "power to the people".
>>
>> Vote "repuglycan" on Nov. 2? Izzat your esteemed solution
>> to all our power loss? You canNOT really be *that*... *that*...
>> freegin' naive?
>
> Well ... seeing the direction the hapless Liberals are steering the
> US Titanic, I would say the Republicans at a minimum, couldn't
> do any worse. However, I think losing both houses may have
> taught them a lesson ... one that completely went over the Liberal's
> heads, in their giddiness over absolute power over the sheeple.
> I don't really give a shit as to what part you play or perceive to play,
> but my vote is for self determination rather than entitlement and
> contributing to a working system, rather than sucking dry a failing one.

Oh! yes, i've found one !

Someone asked me to work at getting you to stop your
useless, ineffective and FEARful diatribes against that
superbly "antichrist-like" LIBERALISM !

I told them that i would consider it an honor and a major
challenge, worthy of my skills. Job doesn't pay very much
though. They offered me several hundred thousands of
dollars, but i told them i'd do it for free.

Are you smart enough and conservative enough to stop
being so liberal with your fear of liberalism? I wonder.

Edison once said...

"Be courageous! Whatever setbacks America has
encountered, it has always emerged as a stronger
and more prosperous nation....

"Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith
and go forward."

Words that inspire me. What do *you* gain from them?

(Liberals will bury themselves. They always do. I know,
you're concerned about being buried with them. But you
won't be. Conservatives always emerge from the stink
and clean up the messes. It's what we do. It's what we
have *always* done.)

happy days and...
starry starry nights!