Research Discussion: Creation

Creation

LIVINGSTON, LA — The Livingston Parish School Board will begin
exploring the possibility of incorporating the teaching of
“creationism” in the public school system’s science classes.

During the board’s meeting Thursday, several board members expressed
an interest in the teaching of creationism, an alternative to the
study of the theory of evolution, in Livingston Parish public school
classrooms.

The discussion came up during a report on the pupil progression plan
for the 2010-11 school year, delivered by Jan Benton, director of
curriculum.

Benton said that under provisions of the Science Education Act enacted
last year by the Louisiana Legislature, schools can present what she
termed “critical thinking and creationism” in science classes.

Board Member David Tate quickly responded: “We let them teach
evolution to our children, but I think all of us sitting up here on
this School Board believe in creationism. Why can’t we get someone
with religious beliefs to teach creationism?”

Fellow board member Clint Mitchell responded, “I agree … you don’t
have to be afraid to point out some of the fallacies with the theory
of evolution. Teachers should have the freedom to look at creationism
and find a way to get it into the classroom.”

Board President Keith Martin, while reminding the members that a
decision had been made in the past not to teach creationism, suggested
that now might be the time to re-examine the issue.

Martin said that one problem with the teaching of creationism versus
evolution is that, “You don’t want two different teachers teaching two
different things.”

Martin, noting that discipline of young people is constantly becoming
more of a challenge for parents and teachers, agreed: “Maybe it’s time
that we look at this.”

When Martin suggested that the board appoint a committee to study the
possibility of introducing creationism into the classroom, his opinion
met with general, if unofficial approval.

“We shouldn’t just jump into this thing, but we do need to look at
it,” Martin said. “The American Civil Liberties Union and even some of
our principals would not be pleased with us, but we shouldn’t worry
about the ACLU. It’s more important that we do the correct thing for
the children we educate.”

The board then unanimously endorsed Benton’s Progression Plan.

--
Every Time You See a Rainbow, God is Having Gay Sex

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-27 09:11:22 EST
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:19:58 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com>
wrote:

It's hard to "believe" that after so many billion years of evolution the
species homo gay-us simple-us Americanus still don't get it in their
brains.

>Martin said that one problem with the teaching of creationism versus
>evolution is that, “You don’t want two different teachers teaching two
>different things.”

Of course, science and religion are two different pairs of shoes.
C.

<*y@t-online.de> wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:19:58 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> It's hard to "believe" that after so many billion years of evolution the
> species homo gay-us simple-us Americanus still don't get it in their
> brains.

No country is free of religious dogma.

Many europeon residents have simply traded their
belief in god(s) for new-age god(s)... Ufos, ghosts,
crystals and other spiritualistic bullshit.

Even YOU, Chuckie.

--
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

On Jul 27, 6:11 am, UseNetO...@t-online.de wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:19:58 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> It's hard to "believe" that after so many billion years of evolution the
> species homo gay-us simple-us Americanus still don't get it in their
> brains.
>
> >Martin said that one problem with the teaching of creationism versus
> >evolution is that, “You don’t want two different teachers teaching two
> >different things.”
>
> Of course, science and religion are two different pairs of shoes.
> C.

HVAC wears shoes?

On Jul 27, 4:19 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> LIVINGSTON, LA — The Livingston Parish School Board will begin
> exploring the possibility of incorporating the teaching of
> “creationism” in the public school system’s science classes.
>
> During the board’s meeting Thursday, several board members expressed
> an interest in the teaching of creationism, an alternative to the
> study of the theory of evolution, in Livingston Parish public school
> classrooms.
>
> The discussion came up during a report on the pupil progression plan
> for the 2010-11 school year, delivered by Jan Benton, director of
> curriculum.
>
> Benton said that under provisions of the Science Education Act enacted
> last year by the Louisiana Legislature, schools can present what she
> termed “critical thinking and creationism” in science classes.
>
> Board Member David Tate quickly responded: “We let them teach
> evolution to our children, but I think all of us sitting up here on
> this School Board believe in creationism. Why can’t we get someone
> with religious beliefs to teach creationism?”
>
> Fellow board member Clint Mitchell responded, “I agree … you don’t
> have to be afraid to point out some of the fallacies with the theory
> of evolution. Teachers should have the freedom to look at creationism
> and find a way to get it into the classroom.”
>
> Board President Keith Martin, while reminding the members that a
> decision had been made in the past not to teach creationism, suggested
> that now might be the time to re-examine the issue.
>
> Martin said that one problem with the teaching of creationism versus
> evolution is that, “You don’t want two different teachers teaching two
> different things.”
>
> Martin, noting that discipline of young people is constantly becoming
> more of a challenge for parents and teachers, agreed: “Maybe it’s time
> that we look at this.”
>
> When Martin suggested that the board appoint a committee to study the
> possibility of introducing creationism into the classroom, his opinion
> met with general, if unofficial approval.
>
> “We shouldn’t just jump into this thing, but we do need to look at
> it,” Martin said. “The American Civil Liberties Union and even some of
> our principals would not be pleased with us, but we shouldn’t worry
> about the ACLU. It’s more important that we do the correct thing for
> the children we educate.”
>
> The board then unanimously endorsed Benton’s Progression Plan.
>
> --
> Every Time You See a Rainbow, God is Having Gay Sex

What's wrong with genetic engineering and intelligent design, or
thoughtful and considerate redesign?

What's wrong with directed panspermia?

~ BG

Mark K Bilbo
2010-07-27 10:04:17 EST
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 06:47:49 -0700

<piggybacking>

> On Jul 27, 4:19 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> LIVINGSTON, LA — The Livingston Parish School Board will begin
>> exploring the possibility of incorporating the teaching of
>> “creationism” in the public school system’s science classes.

Because squandering money on lawsuits is *way* more important than
educating kids.

One wonders how Louisiana ended up at the bottom of the list of states in
quality of education...

--
Mark K. Bilbo
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion #1423

-- Anatole France

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-27 10:05:57 EST
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:25:58 -0400, "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

><UseNetOnly@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:19:58 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> It's hard to "believe" that after so many billion years of evolution the
>> species homo gay-us simple-us Americanus still don't get it in their
>> brains.
>
>No country is free of religious dogma.

The USofA is the motherland of religious dogma
because we drove them out of our countries 250 years
ago, and they ass-embled in "God's own land".

>Many europeon residents have simply traded their
>belief in god(s) for new-age god(s)... Ufos, ghosts,
>crystals and other spiritualistic bullshit.

Most Europeans get some education in what we call
SCHOOLS.

>Even YOU, Chuckie.

And yes, I went to several universities.

C.

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-27 10:07:38 EST
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 06:44:00 -0700 (PDT), Brad Guth <bradguth@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Of course, science and religion are two different pairs of shoes.
>> C.
>
>HVAC wears shoes?

Probable not. You are right again.
C.

On Jul 27, 7:04 am, Mark K Bilbo <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 06:47:49 -0700
>
> <piggybacking>
>
> > On Jul 27, 4:19 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> LIVINGSTON, LA — The Livingston Parish School Board will begin
> >> exploring the possibility of incorporating the teaching of
> >> “creationism” in the public school system’s science classes.
>
> Because squandering money on lawsuits is *way* more important than
> educating kids.
>
> One wonders how Louisiana ended up at the bottom of the list of states in
> quality of education...
>
> --
> Mark K. Bilbo
> EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion                #1423
> "If 50 million people believe a foolish thing,
>  it is still a foolish thing"
>
>  -- Anatole France

Our K-12s are at best screwed up anyway, so what's the difference if
another few million of our hard earn loot gets wasted?

At least K-12s are learning how to obfuscate and bully.

~ BG

<*y@t-online.de> wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:19:58 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> It's hard to "believe" that after so many billion years of evolution the
> species homo gay-us simple-us Americanus still don't get it in their
> brains.
>
>>Martin said that one problem with the teaching of creationism versus
>>evolution is that, "You don't want two different teachers teaching two
>>different things."
>
> Of course, science and religion are two different pairs of shoes.
> C.

And how, pray tell, does religious fanaticism differ from the zeal
of the little mustachioed Austrian who successfully convinced an
entire nation that people of the Jewish persuasion are "Untermenschen", or,
loosely translated, human garbage, and then managed to incite those same
gullible (look it up in your Funk and Wagnalls) Yurpns to proceed with the
biggest slaughter in the history of humanity.

So, Chuckie, get off your high horse, you pompous clown. But of
all people, you should be the last person to comment on other people's
mental shortcomings:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgfwg98t_2cg8pc5c6