Research Discussion: Everybody Draw Mohamed!

Everybody Draw Mohamed!

The creator of a now-defunct "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" page on
Facebook fears she may be targeted for death now that the cartoonist
who launched the online campaign has been placed on an execution list
by a radical Yemeni-American cleric.

The 27-year-old Facebook page creator -- a Canadian woman who asked
not to be identified due to fears of reprisal -- told FoxNews.com that
she was visited at her home last week by Royal Canadian Mounted Police
officials who advised her to remove her page and not to talk to
reporters.

"I'm scared," she said. "I'm scared that somebody might kill me."

The woman created her version of "Everybody Draw Muhammad" in late
April, days after a Seattle cartoonist launched the online campaign to
protest Comedy Central's censoring of an episode of "South Park," in
which the Prophet Muhammad was depicted wearing a bear costume. The
Canadian woman said she will no longer act as the administrator of
such a page.

"I just want to be quiet now," she continued. "I wish I didn't do
this."

As part of "Inspire," a 67-page English-language Al Qaeda magazine,
Yemeni-American cleric Anwar al-Awlaki -- who has been linked to the
botched Times Square bombing and cited as inspiration for the Fort
Hood massacre and the plot of two New Jersey men to kill U.S. soldiers
-- targeted the Seattle cartoonist for "assassination," along with
others who have participated in her campaign.

"The large number of participants makes it easier for us because there
are more targets to choose from in addition to the difficulty of the
government offering all of them special protection," wrote al-Awlaki,
who is an American citizen. "But even then our campaign should not be
limited to only those who are active participants."

He warned that "assassinations, bombings and acts of arson" are all
legitimate forms of revenge against the creators of blasphemous
depictions of Muhammad.

"Now, with the defamation of Muhammad reaching the shores of America,
I wonder whether the patriotic American Muslim will still have the
audacity to claim that he enjoys the right to be a Muslim in America?"
Al-Awlaki wrote. "Does he understand that this right includes his duty
to fight against those who blaspheme his Prophet?"

Al-Awlaki invited Muslims worldwide to "stand up in defense" of
Muhammad and for their efforts to "manifest in all appropriate" means.

The Canadian woman told FoxNews.com that she created her page as a way
for Facebook users to discuss Islam "openly and honestly" -- and that
she has lost most of her anger following her initial outrage.

"I was upset at first, but I'm not too upset anymore," she said. "I
kind of got tired of it."

She said she now realizes her online actions may have put her in
jeopardy. Following the recommendation of Canadian authorities, she
said she has altered her routines and will consider changing her phone
number.

"I have no way of knowing what might happen to me," she said.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Sgt. Pat Flood, citing department
policy, would not confirm or deny that police officials visited the
woman's home.

David Gomez, the FBI's assistant special agent in charge of
counterterrorism in Seattle, said authorities consider the threat
"very seriously" and confirmed that they contacted the Seattle
cartoonist two weeks ago.

"We take the written threat very seriously and we advised her to take
appropriate actions," Gomez said Monday. "We wanted her to lower her
profile, basically."

Gomez said FBI officials felt "obligated to warn" the Seattle woman
based on previous attempts by Al Qaeda to target individuals for
caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

"Al Qaeda is a very real organization, they have made attempts on
other journalists involved in this type of activity," Gomez said.
"Based on that, we felt obligated to warn her."

Contacted via e-mail, the Seattle woman declined comment.

~~~~~
Here's MY picture of Mohamed having gay sex with himself.

o_,
)-'
/ >

Al Qeida..... Come and get ME!

PS- Bring a fucking lunch... I ain't going without a fight

Martin
2010-07-13 13:21:35 EST
On 13/07/2010 18:13, HVAC wrote:
> The creator of a now-defunct "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" page on
> Facebook fears she may be targeted for death now that the cartoonist
> who launched the online campaign has been placed on an execution list
> by a radical Yemeni-American cleric.

Oh, I thought it was DRPJones who started it. Strange.

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-13 16:04:35 EST
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:13:14 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com>
wrote:

>The creator of a now-defunct "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" page on
>Facebook fears she may be targeted for death now that the cartoonist
>who launched the online campaign has been placed on an execution list
>by a radical Yemeni-American cleric.

You simply don't get it: fighting and even killing your enemies is ok,
but calling them NAZI pigs, goat humpers, towel heads and such -
is not.

How about some respect and dignity? After all we are all men.
C.

MarkA
2010-07-13 16:35:17 EST
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:04:35 +0200, UseNetOnly wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:13:14 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>The creator of a now-defunct "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" page on
>>Facebook fears she may be targeted for death now that the cartoonist
>>who launched the online campaign has been placed on an execution list
>>by a radical Yemeni-American cleric.
>
> You simply don't get it: fighting and even killing your enemies is ok,
> but calling them NAZI pigs, goat humpers, towel heads and such -
> is not.
>
> How about some respect and dignity? After all we are all men.
> C.

Respect has to be earned, not won by threats of violence. When Muslim
fuck-heads like "radical Yemeni-American cleric" Anwar al-Awlaki wake up
to the fact that drawing pictures of Muhammad hurts nobody, and that
freedom of speech includes the right to blaspheme something he holds
sacred, only then will he even be considered for "respect and dignity."

--
MarkA

If you can read this, you can stop reading now.

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-13 17:09:24 EST
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:35:17 -0400, MarkA <someone@somewhere.com> wrote:

>> How about some respect and dignity? After all we are all men.
>> C.
>
>Respect has to be earned, not won by threats of violence. When Muslim
>fuck-heads like "radical Yemeni-American cleric" Anwar al-Awlaki wake up
>to the fact that drawing pictures of Muhammad hurts nobody, and that
>freedom of speech includes the right to blaspheme something he holds
>sacred, only then will he even be considered for "respect and dignity."
>
>--
>MarkA

No, The dignity of man is inviolable.

It is the first and outmost human right.
C.

SkyEyes
2010-07-13 17:22:06 EST
On Jul 13, 1:04 pm, UseNetO...@t-online.de wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:13:14 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >The creator of a now-defunct "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" page on
> >Facebook fears she may be targeted for death now that the cartoonist
> >who launched the online campaign has been placed on an execution list
> >by a radical Yemeni-American cleric.
>
> You simply don't get it: fighting and even killing your enemies is ok,
> but calling them NAZI pigs, goat humpers, towel heads and such -
> is not.

That's twisted. With the caveat that I can't distinguish religious
parody from serious sentiment (I grew up christian fundy), if you're
serious that it's "okay" to fight and kill people, but not to call
them names - you're a sick fuck. Ever heard the old adage, "Sticks
and stones will break my bones, but words can never hurt me?"

> How about some respect and dignity? After all we are all men.

So there's "respect and dignity" in killing your enemies, just not in
putting them down? Grow up.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

SkyEyes
2010-07-13 17:27:41 EST
On Jul 13, 2:09 pm, UseNetO...@t-online.de wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:35:17 -0400, MarkA <some...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> >> How about some respect and dignity? After all we are all men.
> >> C.
>
> >Respect has to be earned, not won by threats of violence.  When Muslim
> >fuck-heads like "radical Yemeni-American cleric" Anwar al-Awlaki wake up
> >to the fact that drawing pictures of Muhammad hurts nobody, and that
> >freedom of speech includes the right to blaspheme something he holds
> >sacred, only then will he even be considered for "respect and dignity."
>
> >--
> >MarkA
>
> No, The dignity of man is inviolable.
>
> It is the first and outmost human right.

I notice, however, that the muslims don't think enough of "the dignity
of man" to let other people make their own choices in life, and it
most *especially* doesn't apply to women, does it? No dignity for
*them*, unless it's spent under a burka spending their lives squeezing
out brats 13-to-the-dozen.

Get it through your thick head: *if* there is anything worth
preserving or honoring in islam, it will survive a little ribaldry and
mockery. If islam can't survive being made fun of by non-believers,
then it isn't worth much, is it? And it certainly isn't a system
passed down from some all-powerful god, if it can't endure some
mockery. Trust your god: if it doesn't like being mocked, it's
perfectly able to strike us all dead with thunderbolts, right? It
doesn't need you to do its killing for it.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

On Jul 13, 1:04 pm, UseNetO...@t-online.de wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:13:14 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >The creator of a now-defunct "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" page on
> >Facebook fears she may be targeted for death now that the cartoonist
> >who launched the online campaign has been placed on an execution list
> >by a radical Yemeni-American cleric.
>
> You simply don't get it: fighting and even killing your enemies is ok,
> but calling them NAZI pigs, goat humpers, towel heads and such -
> is not.
>
> How about some respect and dignity? After all we are all men.
> C.

How about revising history so that it reflects the best available
truths?

~ BG

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-13 17:36:31 EST
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:27:41 -0700 (PDT), SkyEyes <skyeyes9@cox.net>
wrote:

>I notice, however, that the muslims don't think enough of "the dignity
>of man" to let other people make their own choices in life, and

I did not talk of their behavior but of your lack of respect and
dignity. If you walk among barbarians you must not lose your
manners.
C.

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-13 17:40:22 EST
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:22:06 -0700 (PDT), SkyEyes <skyeyes9@cox.net>
wrote:

>> You simply don't get it: fighting and even killing your enemies is ok,
>> but calling them NAZI pigs, goat humpers, towel heads and such -
>> is not.
>
>That's twisted. With the caveat that I can't distinguish religious
>parody from serious sentiment (I grew up christian fundy), if you're
>serious that it's "okay" to fight and kill people, but not to call
>them names - you're a sick fuck. Ever heard the old adage, "Sticks
>and stones will break my bones, but words can never hurt me?"

No.
Killing might be a necessity,
derision is not.

>> How about some respect and dignity? After all we are all men.
>
>So there's "respect and dignity" in killing your enemies, just not in
>putting them down? Grow up.

EXACT.

>Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
>BAAWA Knight
>EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
>skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
>skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

Oh, you are female ... ok next time I'll try to makle it a little
simpler.

C.