Research Discussion: Aether And The Flat Earth

Aether And The Flat Earth
Posts: 10

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

HVAC
2010-07-11 08:50:29 EST
Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"

Circumference: 125,891 km (78,225 miles)
Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)

In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite
plane.

Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they
flat too? What are they made of?"

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, rotate at a height of
3,000 miles above sea level. As they are spotlights, they only
illuminate certain places. This explains why there are nights and days
on Earth. The stars are at a height of 3,100 miles above sea level,
which is as far as from San Francisco to Boston. In the dark energy
model, the celestial bodies are spherical and are made of ordinary
matter. These spheres are being held above the Earth by DE.

In the McIntyre model, the sun and the moon are metallic discs
instead. These discs are being held above the Earth by photoelectric
effect. See: Photoelectric Suspension Theory. The celestial bodies are
also being suspended above the Earth by photoelectric effect in the
Bishop model.

Q: "Why are other planets round, but not the Earth?"

A: The Earth is not one of the other planets. The Earth is special and
unlike the other bodies in numerous ways.

Q: "Please explain sunrises and sunsets."

A: It is a perspective effect. The sun is just getting farther away:
it looks like it is disappearing because everything gets smaller, and
eventually disappears as it gets farther away.

UPDATE:The theory of Electromagnetic Acceleration is currently being
developed and reviewed by members. Once completed, Electromagnetic
Acceleration will be used as an alternative in explaining sunrises,
sunsets and horizons for the dark energy model only.

Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A: Since sustained spaceflight is not possible, satellites cannot
orbit the Earth. The signals we supposedly receive from them are
either broadcast from towers or any number of possible pseudolites.
However, temporary space-flight is possible.

Q: "What is underneath the Earth?"

A: This is unknown. Most FE proponents believe that it is generally
composed of rocks. Please note that in Hinduism, the Earth rests on
the back of four elephants and a turtle.

Q: "What about gravity?"

A1: In the dark energy model, DE accelerates the Earth and all
celestial bodies in the universe at 9.81m/s2. This is commonly known
as Universal Acceleration, which produces the same effect as "gravity"
in our local reference frame. See: Equivalence Principle.

A2: In both the McIntyre and the Bishop model, the Earth is being
pushed up by the Universal Accelerator underneath it at 9.8m/s2. This
mediates observable gravitational effects in our local reference
frame.

A3: In the Davis model, the infinite plane produces a finite
gravitational field with a downward pull. Click here for the
mathematical formulation behind this model.

Q: "Aren't the accelerating Earth models flawed? Wouldn't planes crash
into the Earth as it rises up to them?"

A: No. By the same argument, we could ask why planes do not crash into
the Earth as they accelerate down towards it. The reason a plane does
not crash is that its wings produce lift: when the rate of
acceleration upwards equals that of gravity's pull downwards, lift
causes the plane to remain at a constant altitude.

The same thing happens if the Earth is accelerating up. The plane is
accelerating upwards at the same rate as the Earth, which means the
distance between them does not change. Therefore, the plane stays at
the same height and does not crash.

Q: "If the Earth's acceleration is constant, wouldn't it be traveling
faster than light eventually?"

A: The equations of Special Relativity prevent an object with mass
from reaching or passing the speed of light. Due to this restriction,
these equations prove that the Earth can accelerate at a constant rate
forever in our reference frame and never reach the speed of light.
Click here for an in depth explanation.

Q: "In the accelerating Earth models, why does a feather fall slower
than a bowling ball?"

A: It is due to air resistance. The Earth accelerates the air, and the
air in turn accelerates the feather up faster than the bowling ball.
In our reference frame, it appears that the feather is falling slower
than the bowling ball.

Q: "In the accelerating Earth models, how does one reach terminal
velocity?"

A: Once the acceleration of the object is equal to the acceleration of
the Earth, the object reaches terminal velocity.

Q: "Wouldn't the Earth crunch up into itself and eventually transform
into a ball if it's indeed a disc?"

A: The dark energy model assumes that the Earth does not possess a
gravitational field. What we know as "gravity" is provided by the
acceleration of the Earth.

Q: "What would happen if you jump off the disc's edge?"

A: You would become directly affected by UA as the Earth is, creating
the illusion that you are standing next to it.

Q: "Why does g vary with altitude if the Earth simply accelerates up?"

A: The celestial bodies have a slight gravitational pull. Furthermore,
a non-inertial relativistic object experiences different rates of
acceleration along its length according to Special Relativity, as it
is impossible for both ends to accelerate at the same rate without FTL
communication between them. The front end accelerates at a lower rate
than the rear end. This is why g decreases at higher altitude.

Q: "How is it that the Earth does not have a gravitational pull, but
stars and the moon do?"

A: This argument is a non-sequitur. You might as well ask, "How is it
that snakes do not have legs, but dogs and cats do?" Snakes are not
dogs or cats. The Earth is not a star or the moon. It does not follow
that each must have exactly the properties of the others, and no more.

Mike Painter
2010-07-11 13:32:18 EST
HVAC wrote:
> Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"
>
> Circumference: 125,891 km (78,225 miles)
> Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)

Finally, somebody got it right.

But I have a question. Does a laser, or any light beam travel in a straight
line as defined in Newtonian physics?
If yes, why can't the edge of the earth be located by following that path?
If no, then how is the diameter determined?

>
> In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite
> plane.

Why can't we continue to cover more land?

>
> Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they
> flat too? What are they made of?"
>
> A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, rotate at a height of
> 3,000 miles above sea level. As they are spotlights, they only
> illuminate certain places. This explains why there are nights and days
> on Earth. The stars are at a height of 3,100 miles above sea level,
> which is as far as from San Francisco to Boston. In the dark energy
> model, the celestial bodies are spherical and are made of ordinary
> matter. These spheres are being held above the Earth by DE.
>
> In the McIntyre model, the sun and the moon are metallic discs
> instead. These discs are being held above the Earth by photoelectric
> effect. See: Photoelectric Suspension Theory. The celestial bodies are
> also being suspended above the Earth by photoelectric effect in the
> Bishop model.
>
> Q: "Why are other planets round, but not the Earth?"
>
> A: The Earth is not one of the other planets. The Earth is special and
> unlike the other bodies in numerous ways.
>
> Q: "Please explain sunrises and sunsets."
>
> A: It is a perspective effect. The sun is just getting farther away:
> it looks like it is disappearing because everything gets smaller, and
> eventually disappears as it gets farther away.
>
> UPDATE:The theory of Electromagnetic Acceleration is currently being
> developed and reviewed by members. Once completed, Electromagnetic
> Acceleration will be used as an alternative in explaining sunrises,
> sunsets and horizons for the dark energy model only.
>
> Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"
>
> A: Since sustained spaceflight is not possible, satellites cannot
> orbit the Earth. The signals we supposedly receive from them are
> either broadcast from towers or any number of possible pseudolites.
> However, temporary space-flight is possible.
>
> Q: "What is underneath the Earth?"
>
> A: This is unknown. Most FE proponents believe that it is generally
> composed of rocks. Please note that in Hinduism, the Earth rests on
> the back of four elephants and a turtle.
>
> Q: "What about gravity?"
>
> A1: In the dark energy model, DE accelerates the Earth and all
> celestial bodies in the universe at 9.81m/s2. This is commonly known
> as Universal Acceleration, which produces the same effect as "gravity"
> in our local reference frame. See: Equivalence Principle.
>
> A2: In both the McIntyre and the Bishop model, the Earth is being
> pushed up by the Universal Accelerator underneath it at 9.8m/s2. This
> mediates observable gravitational effects in our local reference
> frame.
>
> A3: In the Davis model, the infinite plane produces a finite
> gravitational field with a downward pull. Click here for the
> mathematical formulation behind this model.
>
> Q: "Aren't the accelerating Earth models flawed? Wouldn't planes crash
> into the Earth as it rises up to them?"
>
> A: No. By the same argument, we could ask why planes do not crash into
> the Earth as they accelerate down towards it. The reason a plane does
> not crash is that its wings produce lift: when the rate of
> acceleration upwards equals that of gravity's pull downwards, lift
> causes the plane to remain at a constant altitude.
>
> The same thing happens if the Earth is accelerating up. The plane is
> accelerating upwards at the same rate as the Earth, which means the
> distance between them does not change. Therefore, the plane stays at
> the same height and does not crash.
>
> Q: "If the Earth's acceleration is constant, wouldn't it be traveling
> faster than light eventually?"
>
> A: The equations of Special Relativity prevent an object with mass
> from reaching or passing the speed of light. Due to this restriction,
> these equations prove that the Earth can accelerate at a constant rate
> forever in our reference frame and never reach the speed of light.
> Click here for an in depth explanation.
>
> Q: "In the accelerating Earth models, why does a feather fall slower
> than a bowling ball?"
>
> A: It is due to air resistance. The Earth accelerates the air, and the
> air in turn accelerates the feather up faster than the bowling ball.
> In our reference frame, it appears that the feather is falling slower
> than the bowling ball.
>
> Q: "In the accelerating Earth models, how does one reach terminal
> velocity?"
>
> A: Once the acceleration of the object is equal to the acceleration of
> the Earth, the object reaches terminal velocity.
>
> Q: "Wouldn't the Earth crunch up into itself and eventually transform
> into a ball if it's indeed a disc?"
>
> A: The dark energy model assumes that the Earth does not possess a
> gravitational field. What we know as "gravity" is provided by the
> acceleration of the Earth.
>
> Q: "What would happen if you jump off the disc's edge?"
>
> A: You would become directly affected by UA as the Earth is, creating
> the illusion that you are standing next to it.
>
> Q: "Why does g vary with altitude if the Earth simply accelerates up?"
>
> A: The celestial bodies have a slight gravitational pull. Furthermore,
> a non-inertial relativistic object experiences different rates of
> acceleration along its length according to Special Relativity, as it
> is impossible for both ends to accelerate at the same rate without FTL
> communication between them. The front end accelerates at a lower rate
> than the rear end. This is why g decreases at higher altitude.
>
> Q: "How is it that the Earth does not have a gravitational pull, but
> stars and the moon do?"
>
> A: This argument is a non-sequitur. You might as well ask, "How is it
> that snakes do not have legs, but dogs and cats do?" Snakes are not
> dogs or cats. The Earth is not a star or the moon. It does not follow
> that each must have exactly the properties of the others, and no more.



HVAC
2010-07-11 13:35:35 EST

"Mike Painter" <md.painter@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:yen_n.7499$cO.2712@newsfe09.iad...
> HVAC wrote:
>> Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"
>>
>> Circumference: 125,891 km (78,225 miles)
>> Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)
>
> Finally, somebody got it right.
>
> But I have a question. Does a laser, or any light beam travel in a
> straight line as defined in Newtonian physics?
> If yes, why can't the edge of the earth be located by following that path?
> If no, then how is the diameter determined?
>
>>
>> In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite
>> plane.
>
> Why can't we continue to cover more land?

Aether.



Nightcrawler
2010-07-11 14:50:21 EST

"Mike Painter" <md.painter@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:yen_n.7499$cO.2712@newsfe09.iad...
> HVAC wrote:
>> Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"
>>
>> Circumference: 125,891 km (78,225 miles)
>> Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)
>
> Finally, somebody got it right.

[snip rest unread]

Idiot.


Mike Painter
2010-07-11 19:34:40 EST
Nightcrawler wrote:
> "Mike Painter" <md.painter@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:yen_n.7499$cO.2712@newsfe09.iad...
>> HVAC wrote:
>>> Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"
>>>
>>> Circumference: 125,891 km (78,225 miles)
>>> Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)
>>
>> Finally, somebody got it right.
>
> [snip rest unread]
>
> Idiot.

Why did you cut my question if you think I am an idiot?
Shirley[sic] a smart guy could answer it.



Father Haskell
2010-07-11 19:39:31 EST
On Jul 11, 1:35 pm, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Mike Painter" <md.pain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>
> news:yen_n.7499$cO.2712@newsfe09.iad...
>
>
>
>
>
> > HVAC wrote:
> >> Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"
>
> >> Circumference: 125,891 km (78,225 miles)
> >> Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)
>
> > Finally, somebody got it right.
>
> > But I have a question. Does a laser, or any light beam travel in a
> > straight line as defined in Newtonian physics?
> > If yes, why can't the edge of the earth be located by following that path?
> > If no, then how is the diameter determined?
>
> >> In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite
> >> plane.
>
> > Why can't we continue to cover more land?
>
> Aether.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Michaelson and Morely.

Mike Painter
2010-07-12 01:15:55 EST
Father Haskell wrote:
> On Jul 11, 1:35 pm, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Mike Painter" <md.pain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>> news:yen_n.7499$cO.2712@newsfe09.iad...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>> HVAC wrote:
>>>> Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"
>>
>>>> Circumference: 125,891 km (78,225 miles)
>>>> Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)
>>
>>> Finally, somebody got it right.
>>
>>> But I have a question. Does a laser, or any light beam travel in a
>>> straight line as defined in Newtonian physics?
>>> If yes, why can't the edge of the earth be located by following
>>> that path? If no, then how is the diameter determined?
>>
>>>> In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite
>>>> plane.
>>
>>> Why can't we continue to cover more land?
>>
>> Aether.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
> Michaelson and Morely.

But their experiments would not explain why the Aether blocks us from
moving beyond the finite limits it places on an infinite plane.

Maybe I'll get a banana and ask The Librarian.



Father Haskell
2010-07-12 20:17:48 EST
On Jul 12, 1:15 am, "Mike Painter" <md.pain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Father Haskell wrote:
> > On Jul 11, 1:35 pm, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> "Mike Painter" <md.pain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>
> >>news:yen_n.7499$cO.2712@newsfe09.iad...
>
> >>> HVAC wrote:
> >>>> Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"
>
> >>>> Circumference: 125,891 km (78,225 miles)
> >>>> Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)
>
> >>> Finally, somebody got it right.
>
> >>> But I have a question. Does a laser, or any light beam travel in a
> >>> straight line as defined in Newtonian physics?
> >>> If yes, why can't the edge of the earth be located by following
> >>> that path? If no, then how is the diameter determined?
>
> >>>> In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite
> >>>> plane.
>
> >>> Why can't we continue to cover more land?
>
> >> Aether.- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> - Show quoted text -
>
> > Michaelson and Morely.
>
> But their experiments would not explain why the Aether blocks us from
> moving beyond the finite limits it places on an infinite plane.
>
> Maybe I'll get a banana and ask The Librarian.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Shouldn't you ask the aether bunny?

Bill
2010-07-12 20:25:48 EST
On Jul 12, 7:17 pm, Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 12, 1:15 am, "Mike Painter" <md.pain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Father Haskell wrote:
> > > On Jul 11, 1:35 pm, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >> "Mike Painter" <md.pain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>
> > >>news:yen_n.7499$cO.2712@newsfe09.iad...
>
> > >>> HVAC wrote:
> > >>>> Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"
>
> > >>>> Circumference: 125,891 km (78,225 miles)
> > >>>> Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)
>
> > >>> Finally, somebody got it right.
>
> > >>> But I have a question. Does a laser, or any light beam travel in a
> > >>> straight line as defined in Newtonian physics?
> > >>> If yes, why can't the edge of the earth be located by following
> > >>> that path? If no, then how is the diameter determined?
>
> > >>>> In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite
> > >>>> plane.
>
> > >>> Why can't we continue to cover more land?
>
> > >> Aether.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > >> - Show quoted text -
>
> > > Michaelson and Morely.
>
> > But their experiments would not explain why the Aether blocks us from
> > moving beyond the finite limits it places on an infinite plane.
>
> > Maybe I'll get a banana and ask The Librarian.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> Shouldn't you ask the aether bunny?

I think that's what he did.

Bill

Mike Painter
2010-07-13 00:52:55 EST
Bill wrote:
<snip>
>>
>>> But their experiments would not explain why the Aether blocks us
>>> from moving beyond the finite limits it places on an infinite plane.
>>
>>> Maybe I'll get a banana and ask The Librarian.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>>> - Show quoted text -
>>
>> Shouldn't you ask the aether bunny?
>
> I think that's what he did.
>

No I was going to ask The Libriarian, but the aether bunny probably lives
closer.


Page: 1   (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron