Research Discussion: Fifty Years Of Math In The USA

Fifty Years Of Math In The USA

The following history shows the deterioration in the caliber
of out school's math teachers, who, like vtCrappo, that
retired, but amply compensated failure, who would rather
spend the day "vaping" than shaping children's minds.

1. Teaching Math In 1950's
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5
of the price. What is his profit ?

2. Teaching Math In 1960's
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5
of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1970's
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
$80. Did he make a profit?

4. Teaching Math In 1980's
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80
and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 1990's
A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and
inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the
preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20.
What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class
participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels
feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if
you feel like crying, it's ok. )

6.. Teaching Math In 2009
Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la
producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

Double-A
2010-07-05 13:33:38 EST
On Jul 5, 10:09 am, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
> The following history shows the deterioration in the caliber
> of out school's math teachers, who, like vtCrappo, that
> retired, but amply compensated failure, who would rather
> spend the day "vaping" than shaping children's minds.
>
> 1. Teaching Math In 1950's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5
> of the price. What is his profit ?
>
> 2. Teaching Math In 1960's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5
> of the price, or $80. What is his profit?
>
> 3. Teaching Math In 1970's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
> $80. Did he make a profit?
>
> 4. Teaching Math In 1980's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80
> and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.
>
> 5. Teaching Math In 1990's
> A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and
> inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the
> preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20.
> What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class
> participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels
> feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if
> you feel like crying, it's ok. )
>
> 6.. Teaching Math In 2009
> Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la
> producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

Around here it's:

Бутылка водки стоит 300 рублей.

Double-A

Vtcapo
2010-07-05 14:33:29 EST
On Jul 5, 1:09 pm, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
> The following history shows the deterioration in the caliber
> of out school's math teachers, who, like vtCrappo, that
> retired, but amply compensated failure, who would rather
> spend the day "vaping" than shaping children's minds.
>
> 1. Teaching Math In 1950's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5
> of the price. What is his profit ?
>
> 2. Teaching Math In 1960's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5
> of the price, or $80. What is his profit?
>
> 3. Teaching Math In 1970's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
> $80. Did he make a profit?
>
> 4. Teaching Math In 1980's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80
> and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.
>
> 5. Teaching Math In 1990's
> A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and
> inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the
> preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20.
> What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class
> participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels
> feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if
> you feel like crying, it's ok. )
>
> 6.. Teaching Math In 2009
> Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la
> producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

Hagar wants me to come out and play....... TROLL!

RT
PS Your failed teacher poke is getting old. You need to be more
creative. Have a few more beers then sit on a lit Roman Candle. That
should give you some new spark. Boooooring.......

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:09:56 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:

>The following history shows the deterioration...

Teaching Math In 2010........

1.
Oil Barons didn't like Stanley Meyer,
Oil Barons mess up %90 of the Oceans,
Oil Barons get laughed at by 57,283 different species of aliens.

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/aliens.jpg

___

That Equals = 100% Stupid.

(Not even room for Twonky's " + or - "

___

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
________________________

Sir Gilligan Horry's Best Video Will Save The World!!! ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6zYzva3BHw

Show The World !!! ... Please Copy. Please Share.

_______________________

> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:09:56 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
>
>>The following history shows the deterioration...
>
> Teaching Math In 2010........
>
> 1.
> Oil Barons didn't like Stanley Meyer,
> Oil Barons mess up %90 of the Oceans,
> Oil Barons get laughed at by 57,283 different species of aliens.

Damm you're gay.

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:43:06 -0400, "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:09:56 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
>>
>>>The following history shows the deterioration...
>>
>> Teaching Math In 2010........
>>
>> 1.
>> Oil Barons didn't like Stanley Meyer,
>> Oil Barons mess up %90 of the Oceans,
>> Oil Barons get laughed at by 57,283 different species of aliens.
>

>Damm

Good Morning Mr HVAC !!!

Love of Oil Barons noted.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/019southfork_468x264.jpg

You Just Love Him !!!

___

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
________________________

> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:43:06 -0400, "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Sir Gilligan Horry" <GM@ga7rm5er.com> wrote in message

>>> Teaching Math In 2010........
>>>
>>> 1.
>>> Oil Barons didn't like Stanley Meyer,
>>> Oil Barons mess up %90 of the Oceans,
>>> Oil Barons get laughed at by 57,283 different species of aliens.
>>

>>Damm
>
> Good Morning Mr HVAC !!!
>
> Love of Oil Barons noted.
>
> http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/019southfork_468x264.jpg
>
> You Just Love Him !!!

You are one fucked up in the head dude, Horry ...
Take off your tin-foil hat for a spell and go and exercise
your self-winding wristwatch ...

On Jul 5, 1:09 pm, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
> The following history shows the deterioration in the caliber
> of out school's math teachers, who, like vtCrappo, that
> retired, but amply compensated failure, who would rather
> spend the day "vaping" than shaping children's minds.
>
> 1. Teaching Math In 1950's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
> 4/5
> of the price. What is his profit ?
>
> 2. Teaching Math In 1960's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
> 4/5
> of the price, or $80. What is his profit?
>
> 3. Teaching Math In 1970's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
> $80. Did he make a profit?
>
> 4. Teaching Math In 1980's
> A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
> $80
> and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.
>
> 5. Teaching Math In 1990's
> A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and
> inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the
> preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of
> $20.
> What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class
> participation after answering the question: How did the birds and
> squirrels
> feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and
> if
> you feel like crying, it's ok. )
>
> 6.. Teaching Math In 2009
> Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la
> producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

Hagar wants me to come out and play....... TROLL!

RT
PS Your failed teacher poke is getting old. You need to be more
creative. Have a few more beers then sit on a lit Roman Candle. That
should give you some new spark. Boooooring.......

***********************************
Everywhere I look I see the results of your failed math teacher
tenure, you moron ... you should applied as much enthusiasm to
teaching as you did to firing up that old hash pipe and "vaping";
perhaps the Losers you taught might be able to make change
for a dollar when the cash register craps out.
Happy "Vaping" you abysmal failure..

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:20:02 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:

>Everywhere I look I see the results of your failed math

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?!?!?

The bankers can't run their ponzi scheme

The gulf is causing a US extinction event

You can't start or win a world war.

Surely you dimbulbs in the CIA wouldn't insist on a Tobin tax to
resolve all the American financial problem, would you.

Instead, you're happy with the complete destruction of America.

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:23:55 -0400, V <ya@da.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:20:02 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
>
>>Everywhere I look I see the results of your failed math
>
>WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?!?!?
>
>The bankers can't run their ponzi scheme.
>
>The gulf is causing a US extinction event.
>
>You can't start or win a world war.

You can't stop Alexa from posting propaganda here.

MIB are everywhere.

The millions of alien species are laughing.

Horry is still waiting for all the agents here to give something to
Karen to say.

Aliens abduct two military men and return them with each others shirts
on. OK the aliens are funny too.

I suppose we all could take Mr HVAC's advise
that he gave me 5 years ago...
and ALL GO FISHING !!!

___

.