Research Discussion: My Apology To ChuckWeasel

My Apology To ChuckWeasel

Dear Chuckie,

After extensive research, I discovered that the spelling of the
word "Ameba" is much more prevalent than I had expected.
Even though the OED had been the mainstay of my studies,
and still lists "Amoeba" as the primary accepted version (as
does Webster's Dictionary), it seems the alternate spelling
didn't warrant my bashing you or Painintheass for using it.

Please accept my apology. After all, you are the same folks
who refer to a beer belly as "Six-pack Abs".

I'm really thrilled we can be friends again.

Chatnoir
2010-07-01 21:01:13 EST
On Jul 1, 4:41 pm, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
> Dear Chuckie,
>
> After extensive research, I discovered that the spelling of the
> word "Ameba" is much more prevalent than I had expected.
> Even though the OED had been the mainstay of my studies,
> and still lists "Amoeba" as the primary accepted version  (as
> does Webster's Dictionary), it seems the alternate spelling
> didn't warrant my bashing you or Painintheass for using it.
>
> Please accept my apology. After all, you are the same folks
> who refer to a beer belly as "Six-pack Abs".
>
> I'm really thrilled we can be friends again.

An amoeba eats insignificant paramecium like you!:

http://wolfbat359.com/phagocytosis2.html

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-01 21:01:45 EST
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:41:56 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:

>Dear Chuckie,
>
>After extensive research, I discovered that the spelling of the
>word "Ameba" is much more prevalent than I had expected.
>Even though the OED had been the mainstay of my studies,
>and still lists "Amoeba" as the primary accepted version (as
>does Webster's Dictionary), it seems the alternate spelling
>didn't warrant my bashing you or Painintheass for using it.
>
>Please accept my apology. After all, you are the same folks
>who refer to a beer belly as "Six-pack Abs".
>
>I'm really thrilled we can be friends again.

Strange.
Where did I use that word?
Did you make this up?
If I wrote Ameba it was either a typo, in a quote from somewhere,
or a Freudian slip :-)

Apologies are given and taken by our Moderator Harlow.
I don't have the authority to do that on my own.

We don't have to be friends, being less aggressive would
get us a long way.

C.

<*y@t-online.de> wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:41:56 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
>
>>Dear Chuckie,
>>
>>After extensive research, I discovered that the spelling of the
>>word "Ameba" is much more prevalent than I had expected.
>>Even though the OED had been the mainstay of my studies,
>>and still lists "Amoeba" as the primary accepted version (as
>>does Webster's Dictionary), it seems the alternate spelling
>>didn't warrant my bashing you or Painintheass for using it.
>>
>>Please accept my apology. After all, you are the same folks
>>who refer to a beer belly as "Six-pack Abs".
>>
>>I'm really thrilled we can be friends again.
>>
> Strange.
> Where did I use that word?
> Did you make this up?
> If I wrote Ameba it was either a typo, in a quote from somewhere,
> or a Freudian slip :-)

OK Chuckles ... we went several rounds over Ameba. It doesn't
matter if it was a typo or a "Freudian Slip" (which, naturally, is totally
out of context and everyone recognizes it as such, except you).
You and Painintheass argued with me (OED) vs you two ($1.00
Paper Back Store). You won!! Take your victory and celebrate ... you got one
over on me ... you were ALMOST correct. I congratulate you and that
Astrology dude Painintheass. If you keep
studying, some day you can even spell "AMOEBA" correctly.

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-01 21:57:12 EST
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 18:33:32 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:

><UseNetOnly@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:41:56 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
>>
>>>Dear Chuckie,
>>>
>>>After extensive research, I discovered that the spelling of the
>>>word "Ameba" is much more prevalent than I had expected.
>>>Even though the OED had been the mainstay of my studies,
>>>and still lists "Amoeba" as the primary accepted version (as
>>>does Webster's Dictionary), it seems the alternate spelling
>>>didn't warrant my bashing you or Painintheass for using it.
>>>
>>>Please accept my apology. After all, you are the same folks
>>>who refer to a beer belly as "Six-pack Abs".
>>>
>>>I'm really thrilled we can be friends again.
>>>
>> Strange.
>> Where did I use that word?
>> Did you make this up?
>> If I wrote Ameba it was either a typo, in a quote from somewhere,
>> or a Freudian slip :-)
>
>OK Chuckles ... we went several rounds over Ameba. It doesn't
>matter if it was a typo or a "Freudian Slip" (which, naturally, is totally
>out of context and everyone recognizes it as such, except you).

Ok.

>You and Painintheass argued with me (OED) vs you two ($1.00
>Paper Back Store). You won!! Take your victory and celebrate ... you got one
>over on me ... you were ALMOST correct. I congratulate you and that
>Astrology dude Painintheass. If you keep
>studying, some day you can even spell "AMOEBA" correctly.

Well, my memory fails me, I did not know that this had been the
start of a long and wonderful "fiendship" {feud, enmity}.

I might have looked into my Webster's at that time, but I simply
planned to be supportive, MEA CULPA, MEA MAXIMA CULPA.

You did not lose. After all you know that I do not take spelling
very serious. We had 4 MAJOR SPELLING REVISIONS in this country
and hardly anyone can spell German in the newest reform form
from 2006. So nobody cares. It's the children who have the most
problems because if they read books they happen to run into
all the different sorts of spelling from the last 40 years.

> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 18:33:32 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
>

>><UseNetOnly@t-online.de> wrote in message

>>> Strange.
>>> Where did I use that word?
>>> Did you make this up?
>>> If I wrote Ameba it was either a typo, in a quote from somewhere,
>>> or a Freudian slip :-)
>>
>>OK Chuckles ... we went several rounds over Ameba. It doesn't
>>matter if it was a typo or a "Freudian Slip" (which, naturally, is totally
>>out of context and everyone recognizes it as such, except you).
>
> Ok.
>
>>You and Painintheass argued with me (OED) vs you two ($1.00
>>Paper Back Store). You won!! Take your victory and celebrate ... you got
>>one
>>over on me ... you were ALMOST correct. I congratulate you and that
>>Astrology dude Painintheass. If you keep
>>studying, some day you can even spell "AMOEBA" correctly.
>>
> Well, my memory fails me, I did not know that this had been the
> start of a long and wonderful "fiendship" {feud, enmity}.
>
> I might have looked into my Webster's at that time, but I simply
> planned to be supportive, MEA CULPA, MEA MAXIMA CULPA.
>
> You did not lose. After all you know that I do not take spelling
> very serious. We had 4 MAJOR SPELLING REVISIONS in this country
> and hardly anyone can spell German in the newest reform form
> from 2006. So nobody cares. It's the children who have the most
> problems because if they read books they happen to run into
> all the different sorts of spelling from the last 40 years.
>
> C.

Ok ... just like all Liberal failures in life, when the walls start
closing in, you invoke the "children", you pussy. I could go back
and dig up the exchanges, but since this was only a few days
ago and you can't remember, then you're far more brain damaged
than I expected. You are right, I am wrong .. not because
I really am, but because I'm tired of arguing with brainless Swizz
morons.
Notice: I didn't even once call you a goat humper.

> Dear Chuckie,
>
> After extensive research, I discovered that the spelling of the
> word "Ameba" is much more prevalent than I had expected.
> Even though the OED had been the mainstay of my studies,
> and still lists "Amoeba" as the primary accepted version (as
> does Webster's Dictionary), it seems the alternate spelling
> didn't warrant my bashing you or Painintheass for using it.
>
> Please accept my apology. After all, you are the same folks
> who refer to a beer belly as "Six-pack Abs".

Wow. Apologies are as rare on this group as
one of Bert's predictions coming true.

--
Faith is believing what you know ain't so" -Mark Twain

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-02 08:41:42 EST
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 19:55:23 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:

>Notice: I didn't even once call you a goat humper.

Well? No more man hunt?
C.

U*@t-online.de
2010-07-02 09:12:29 EST
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 08:04:54 -0400, "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote in message
>> Dear Chuckie,
>>
>> After extensive research, I discovered that the spelling of the
>> word "Ameba" is much more prevalent than I had expected.
>> Even though the OED had been the mainstay of my studies,
>> and still lists "Amoeba" as the primary accepted version (as
>> does Webster's Dictionary), it seems the alternate spelling
>> didn't warrant my bashing you or Painintheass for using it.
>>
>> Please accept my apology. After all, you are the same folks
>> who refer to a beer belly as "Six-pack Abs".
>

>Wow. Apologies are as rare on this group as
>one of Bert's predictions coming true.

I did what you had told me over and over again:
I accepted my own apology, thanks for your intervention.
C.

Bert
2010-07-02 19:50:30 EST
On Jul 2, 8:04 am, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote in message

> > Dear Chuckie,
>
> > After extensive research, I discovered that the spelling of the
> > word "Ameba" is much more prevalent than I had expected.
> > Even though the OED had been the mainstay of my studies,
> > and still lists "Amoeba" as the primary accepted version  (as
> > does Webster's Dictionary), it seems the alternate spelling
> > didn't warrant my bashing you or Painintheass for using it.
>
> > Please accept my apology. After all, you are the same folks
> > who refer to a beer belly as "Six-pack Abs".
>
> Wow. Apologies are as rare on this group as
> one of Bert's predictions coming true.
>
> --
> Faith is believing what you know ain't so" -Mark Twain

When my theories work(no comments) When my prediction come to pass (no
comm ents) When I spell a word wrong(look out) It kind of tickles
me. I lived to long to worry about peoples low charactor or just
plain bad manners. My last theory will be posted on the 4th It goes
with "Rockets Red Glare" Bombs Busting It smokes and when the smoke
clears you will know why all these universes are still there.
TreBert