Research Discussion: FBI Scanning Software Saves Lives

FBI Scanning Software Saves Lives

Police mounted a major operation to protect pupils at a Merseyside
school after they were alerted by the FBI.

Armed police were called to St Aelred's Catholic Technology College in
Newton-le-Willows on Friday after reports someone had made threats to
kill there.

The United States' Federal Bureau of Investigation raised the alarm
after picking up a threat posted on social networking site Facebook.

A 19-year-old man was arrested and later released on bail.

More than 1,000 students, some of them taking their GCSEs, were in the
Birley Street school at the time of the alert.

All entrances and exits were sealed while police investigated.
'Leaving this world'

The school said it was the FBI who raised the alarm after internet
scanning software picked up a suspicious combination of words.

It picked up a posting showing a picture of a gun being held above a
scrawled note, which read "tomorrow - last day of school" and went on
to mention bullies and "leaving this world".

Headteacher Edward Marr has now written to parents explaining how the
situation came about.

He wrote: "Police officers attended school at 0800 am on Friday
morning. They had a photograph from the internet and asked if I could
identify a person on it.

"It emerged that a threat had been made against the school which had
been picked up by the FBI in America and passed eventually, as the
school was identified, to Merseyside Police.

We were able to deal with the threat well away from the school
premises

Ch Supt Chris Armitt Merseyside Police

"Staff at the school were able to suggest the identity of the man on
the photograph and an arrest was made."

Some parents have criticised police over why their children were
allowed into classes while officers were investigating a possible
armed threat.

Ch Supt Chris Armitt, from Merseyside Police, denied suggestions that
officers could have closed the school as soon as they were aware of
the threat.

He said: "We received some information between 1am and 2am, that
information was imprecise and what we had to do was clarify what the
information meant and what it related to.

"Once we were able to identify that school as potentially being at
risk, we took steps quickly to get with the school staff."

He added: "They were able to help us identify the possible threats
that we faced and we were then able to deal with that well away from
the school premises."

Ghod Dhammit
2010-06-20 08:17:58 EST
On 6/19/2010 7:43 AM, HVAC formed an odd pool of drool in his bed:

Your header doesn't match your post, son. A 19 year old was arrested,
then released on bail. Nothing said about what he was arrested for, you
pig-ignorant pile of shit. Worse, the story was about our government's
involvement in a "you spy on our citizens for us, and we'll spy on yours
for you" deal. This is no more ok than having our own spies doing the
job. It would be only right, if they were to start digging into your
closet, boy.

"Ghod Dhammit" <ghod@att.net> wrote in message
> On 6/19/2010 7:43 AM, HVAC formed an odd pool of drool in his bed:
>
> Your header doesn't match your post, son. A 19 year old was arrested,
> then released on bail. Nothing said about what he was arrested for, you
> pig-ignorant pile of shit. Worse, the story was about our government's
> involvement in a "you spy on our citizens for us, and we'll spy on yours
> for you" deal. This is no more ok than having our own spies doing the
> job. It would be only right, if they were to start digging into your
> closet, boy.

Message forwarded for processing.

H.
2010-06-20 11:47:37 EST

"Ghod Dhammit" <ghod@att.net> wrote in message
> On 6/19/2010 7:43 AM, HVAC formed an odd pool of
> drool in his bed:
>
> Your header doesn't match your post, son. A 19 year
> old was arrested, then released on bail. Nothing
> said about what he was arrested for, you pig-ignorant
> pile of shit. Worse, the story was about our
> government's involvement in a "you spy on our
> citizens for us, and we'll spy on yours for you"
> deal. This is no more ok than having our own spies
> doing the job. It would be only right, if they were
> to start digging into your closet, boy.

Is there anyone that can translate this?
H.

Ghod Dhammit
2010-06-20 16:35:17 EST
On 6/20/2010 7:38 AM, HVAC wrote:
> "Ghod Dhammit"<ghod@att.net> wrote in message
>> On 6/19/2010 7:43 AM, HVAC formed an odd pool of drool in his bed:
>>
>> Your header doesn't match your post, son. A 19 year old was arrested,
>> then released on bail. Nothing said about what he was arrested for, you
>> pig-ignorant pile of shit. Worse, the story was about our government's
>> involvement in a "you spy on our citizens for us, and we'll spy on yours
>> for you" deal. This is no more ok than having our own spies doing the
>> job. It would be only right, if they were to start digging into your
>> closet, boy.
>

> Message forwarded for processing.

Can't handle it yourself? Poor little thing.

On Jun 20, 5:17 am, Ghod Dhammit <g...@att.net> wrote:
> On 6/19/2010 7:43 AM, HVAC formed an odd pool of drool in his bed:
>
> Your header doesn't match your post, son.  A 19 year old was arrested,
> then released on bail.  Nothing said about what he was arrested for, you
> pig-ignorant pile of shit.  Worse, the story was about our government's
> involvement in a "you spy on our citizens for us, and we'll spy on yours
> for you" deal.  This is no more ok than having our own spies doing the
> job.  It would be only right, if they were to start digging into your
> closet, boy.

Our dysfunctional government policing itself is like having the Pope
in charge of their known sex offenders. A lot of freaking good that
did anyone.

~ BG

>>> Your header doesn't match your post, son. A 19 year old was arrested,
>>> then released on bail. Nothing said about what he was arrested for, you
>>> pig-ignorant pile of shit. Worse, the story was about our government's
>>> involvement in a "you spy on our citizens for us, and we'll spy on yours
>>> for you" deal. This is no more ok than having our own spies doing the
>>> job. It would be only right, if they were to start digging into your
>>> closet, boy.
>>

>> Message forwarded for processing.
>
> Can't handle it yourself? Poor little thing.

That work is FAR below my pay grade.