Research Discussion: A Poem

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
The Vine still clings to the moldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
My thoughts still cling to the moldering past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart! And cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.

“The Rainy Day”
– H. W. Longfellow

Yap
2010-05-19 19:35:05 EST
On 20 Mei, 06:21, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The day is cold, and dark, and dreary
> It rains, and the wind is never weary;
> The Vine still clings to the moldering wall,
> But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
> And the day is dark and dreary.
>
> My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
> It rains, and the wind is never weary;
> My thoughts still cling to the moldering past,
> But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
> And the days are dark and dreary.
>
> Be still, sad heart! And cease repining;
> Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
> Thy fate is the common fate of all,
> Into each life some rain must fall,
> Some days must be dark and dreary.
>
> “The Rainy Day”
> – H. W. Longfellow

Yes, indeed your mind is still clinging onto to the moldering past.
A past which is empty and does not provide any kind of benefit to a
human.
Wake up.

Richo
2010-05-19 19:35:28 EST
On May 20, 9:21 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The day is cold, and dark, and dreary
> It rains, and the wind is never weary;
> The Vine still clings to the moldering wall,
> But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
> And the day is dark and dreary.
>
> My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
> It rains, and the wind is never weary;
> My thoughts still cling to the moldering past,
> But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
> And the days are dark and dreary.
>
> Be still, sad heart! And cease repining;
> Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
> Thy fate is the common fate of all,
> Into each life some rain must fall,
> Some days must be dark and dreary.
>
> “The Rainy Day”
> – H. W. Longfellow

Very good.

Then there is "Ponty birds"

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

You just cant beat the classics.

Mark.
Mark Richardson. m.richardson61 AT gmail.com

Member of SMASH
(Sarcastic Middle-aged Atheist with a Sense of Humor)

"The USA is NOT a secular SOCIETY " -fasgnadh alt.atheism 14/05/2010

"Yap" <hhyapster@gmail.com> wrote in message

> \ufffdThe Rainy Day\ufffd
> \ufffd H. W. Longfellow

Yes, indeed your mind is still clinging onto to the moldering past.
A past which is empty and does not provide any kind of benefit to a
human.
Wake up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it's a nice poem, so shut your yap.

Frank
2010-05-19 20:06:01 EST
On 5/19/2010 7:36 PM, HVAC wrote:
> "Yap"<hhyapster@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> “The Rainy Day”
>> – H. W. Longfellow
>
> Yes, indeed your mind is still clinging onto to the moldering past.
> A past which is empty and does not provide any kind of benefit to a
> human.
> Wake up.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> I think it's a nice poem, so shut your yap.

Cross posting crap.

Warhol
2010-05-19 21:19:47 EST
On May 20, 1:21 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The day is cold, and dark, and dreary
> It rains, and the wind is never weary;
> The Vine still clings to the moldering wall,
> But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
> And the day is dark and dreary.
>
> My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
> It rains, and the wind is never weary;
> My thoughts still cling to the moldering past,
> But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
> And the days are dark and dreary.
>
> Be still, sad heart! And cease repining;
> Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
> Thy fate is the common fate of all,
> Into each life some rain must fall,
> Some days must be dark and dreary.
>
> “The Rainy Day”
> – H. W. Longfellow

Such is the way of life.
Hills that must be overcome.
In the night he comes to fight.
Lonely is the less trodden down.
Loving life through truths not told.

Nothing to stand in their way.
Useless minds that do not pay.
Mothers weep at sights of death.
Boyfriends smoking crystal meth.
Everyday the same is told.
Running from pasts so old.

Forever we live out every day.
Our paths will cross in that bay.
Under ruins of our homes.
Resting men shake their bones.

Come closer now and you will see.
Only they shall pay the fee.
Never will we stop to rest.
The time is here for your test.
As you live out simple lives.
Calling out those taking dives.
The start is now for your lies.

On Wed, 19 May 2010 16:21:41 -0700 (PDT), HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com>
wrote:

>The day is cold, and dark, and dreary
>It rains, and the wind is never weary;
>The Vine still clings to the moldering wall,
>But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
>And the day is dark and dreary.
>
>My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
>It rains, and the wind is never weary;
>My thoughts still cling to the moldering past,
>But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
>And the days are dark and dreary.
>
>Be still, sad heart! And cease repining;
>Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
>Thy fate is the common fate of all,
>Into each life some rain must fall,
>Some days must be dark and dreary.
>
>“The Rainy Day”
>– H. W. Longfellow

___________________

OK, I will make a poem too.

Much better than my other poem.

__________________________

*_//!!_//!!*
2010-05-20 06:22:30 EST
On 20 May, 00:21, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The day is cold, and dark, and dreary
> It rains, and the wind is never weary;
> The Vine still clings to the moldering wall,
> But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
> And the day is dark and dreary.
>
> My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
> It rains, and the wind is never weary;
> My thoughts still cling to the moldering past,
> But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
> And the days are dark and dreary.
>
> Be still, sad heart! And cease repining;
> Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
> Thy fate is the common fate of all,
> Into each life some rain must fall,
> Some days must be dark and dreary.
>
> “The Rainy Day”
> – H. W. Longfellow

Nice! Not dissimilar to what it's like here
right now, the Current Weather :)

Bring me Sunshine, now and forever.

*Halleluja*

*Amen*