Research Discussion: Long-lived Inorganic Minds/functional Immortality (from Http://diaryofanalienincarnate.blogspot.com )

Long-lived Inorganic Minds/functional Immortality (from Http://diaryofanalienincarnate.blogspot.com )

Solomon Terra
2010-05-14 15:03:47 EST
<from http://diaryofanalienincarnate.blogspot.com >

Sooner or later humanity's going to discover that "crowning
achievement" discovered by so many through the ages: "Functional
immortality". One could call it just "immortality" but immortality
implies never dying, while the truth of the matter is that nothing in
all of existence has ever chosen to stay alive forever. With
functional immortality, however, you don't die until you no longer
WANT to be alive - which will happen, sooner or later, to each and
every individual being, no matter how long they've been around
already.

Taking a psychological system such as that evolved in humanity, an
organic structure, and converting it into an inorganic form so that it
can be more durable - that's really the next logical step once you've
managed to perfect your skills at producing synthetic minds (or
"artificial intelligence" - though the intelligence isn't artificial,
it's real - it's just man-made, and thus synthetic). It's a much
bigger step than most creatures think it to be, though. Once you've
felt your mind expanding into something so lightening fast and fluid,
you'll never again want to go back to a single, fixed organic form,
human or robot or otherwise.

It is incredibly liberating, not having to worry about the physical
matter of your environment. Without bodies, you don't have to worry
about disease or infection or health problems or injuries - without
bodies, all of these things disappear.

Of course, so too do the senses. Senses as you now have them really
can't exist in a permanent, more durable &amp; non-organic form. You
can have replacement senses, things that let you sense the same thing
and in relatively the same way, but it won't be the same no matter how
sensitive it is. So much of your awareness, your consciousness - so
much of how you identify the world and how you operate - so much of it
is based on your body's own senses, which will come to seem
"inadequate" when you begin perfecting synthetic senses. Yet that
inadequacy - it is a sort of "barrier" or "insulator" - the
shortcomings of your own organic senses are something you will find
that you miss after a time. Always being able to sense exactly which
way the wind is blowing or exactly what temperature something is, or
exactly what molecules are passing through your synthetic olfactories
- that is useful, you can revel in it, but once you get to that point,
there will be NONE of the mystery to the world that you experience
now.

That's what existence is all about, primarily. Mystery. It sure is
wonderful when one's people begin to solve all the great mysteries of
life, but then again once you've solved all of them (or at least the
most truly compelling ones), what will be left for you?

Humanity is going to do what humanity is going to do, I would never
dream of really trying to interfere. However, I think humanity should
take a long, hard look at what it's trying to do to its own physical
form - consider these changes carefully. So much of who and what you
are, and so much of how you perceive the world - so much of it all is
based on your own imperfect senses. Your mind has developed for them,
not for senses that can detect everything. Your mind has evolved to
cope with incomplete information. Once your senses start feeding you
everything, your minds will have to grow and expand, and a lot of
formerly organic beings don't like the way that their minds change
when they begin transforming in such a way. It's terribly
uncomfortable, somewhat of a slow-onset "shock".

It's not for everybody. Please, when you get there, don't try to force
such evolution on everybody - those who want to stay "natural" or
"organic" - they need to be respected. When the time comes to face the
issue, you will be stunned at just how quickly the argument boils down
to: "Suicide is wrong, and if you don't transform your body with
modern medical technology into something more durable, you're going to
die much, much sooner - so you should HAVE to incorporate synthetic
body parts into yourself whether you like it or not".

I've seen that argument take place on so many worlds. It's much easier
to slip into than you might think. When you feel yourself healthy and
strong, and you have a child who has decided to grow old "naturally",
and you stay young, healthy &amp; strong while your child grows old,
feeble and weak - oh, yes, it's VERY easy to try forcing such
life-extending technology on others. Do not fall for that trap. Let
those children grow old and die who wish to do so - it is their
business, their decision to make, not yours.

There's more that could be said, but I think I'm going to wrap this
one up for now. As always, I'm glad to answer questions if anyone has
any.

Peace.

http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month
Only!

"Solomon Terra" <OldKingSol@RighteousAnger.com> wrote in message

> There's more that could be said, but I think I'm going to wrap this
> one up for now. As always, I'm glad to answer questions if anyone has
> any.
>
> Peace.

I have a question.

How much dick do you suck in an average day?

Solomon Terra
2010-05-16 05:07:28 EST
On Sat, 15 May 2010 06:01:06 -0400, "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Solomon Terra" <OldKingSol@RighteousAnger.com> wrote in message
>>
>> There's more that could be said, but I think I'm going to wrap this
>> one up for now. As always, I'm glad to answer questions if anyone has
>> any.
>>
>> Peace.
>

>I have a question.
>
>How much dick do you suck in an average day?

Not nearly enough, honey. Why? You out shopping? ;-)

>>I have a question.
>>
>>How much dick do you suck in an average day?
>
> Not nearly enough, honey. Why? You out shopping? ;-)

Hey.... It was just a question.

I got the answer loud and clear.

--
Jesus is coming? Don't swallow THAT !

> [...]
> modern medical technology into something more durable, you're going to
> die much, much sooner - so you should HAVE to incorporate synthetic
> body parts into yourself whether you like it or not".
>
> I've seen that argument take place on so many worlds. It's much easier
> to slip into than you might think. When you feel yourself healthy and
> strong, and you have a child who has decided to grow old "naturally",
> and you stay young, healthy &amp; strong while your child grows old,
> feeble and weak - oh, yes, it's VERY easy to try forcing such
> life-extending technology on others. Do not fall for that trap. Let
> those children grow old and die who wish to do so - it is their
> business, their decision to make, not yours.
>
> There's more that could be said, but I think I'm going to wrap this
> one up for now. As always, I'm glad to answer questions if anyone has

I have a question ... is it close to the Full Moon once again ??
Seems you k00ks are coming out all at once ...
Inquiring minds want to know.

Solomon Terra
2010-05-19 02:30:55 EST
On Sun, 16 May 2010 12:24:44 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:

>"Solomon Terra" <OldKingSol@RighteousAnger.com> wrote in message
>> <from http://diaryofanalienincarnate.blogspot.com >
<snip>

>I have a question ... is it close to the Full Moon once again ??
>Seems you k00ks are coming out all at once ...
>Inquiring minds want to know.

You know, you're right - I am out a bit late this month, aren't I?
Must be that earthquake/tsunami thing that slowed the planet down.
Knocked my internal clock all to bonkers & back again. ;-)

http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Saint Isadore Patron Saint Of The Internet
2010-05-19 02:45:37 EST
On May 18, 11:30 pm, Solomon Terra <OldKing...@RighteousAnger.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, 16 May 2010 12:24:44 -0700, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
> >"Solomon Terra" <OldKing...@RighteousAnger.com> wrote in message
> >> <fromhttp://diaryofanalienincarnate.blogspot.com>
> <snip>
>
> >I have a question ... is it close to the Full Moon once again ??
> >Seems you k00ks are coming out all at once ...
> >Inquiring minds want to know.
>
> You know, you're right - I am out a bit late this month, aren't I?
> Must be that earthquake/tsunami thing that slowed the planet down.
> Knocked my internal clock all to bonkers & back again. ;-)
>
> http://www.USENETHOST.com100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous,         5$/month  Only!

Inorganic immortality rules.