Research Discussion: STS-132

STS-132

Date: May 14
Mission: STS-132
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 2:20 p.m. EDT

Uncle Al
2010-05-14 13:08:01 EST
HVAC wrote:

> Date: May 14
> Mission: STS-132
> Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
> Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
> Launch Time: 2:20 p.m. EDT

If the hardware is insured there will be an accident. Following will
be a declared national day of mourning followed by a stout call to
redouble our effors after having lost sight of our goals.

Federal spending is Officially only 44% of the GDP. Diversity demands
minimum 51% of the GDP. A mere 7% can be the difference between utter
failure and consuming disaster!

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/

P*@hotmail.com
2010-05-14 13:39:21 EST
On May 14, 12:41 pm, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Date:  May 14
> Mission: STS-132
> Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
> Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
> Launch Time: 2:20 p.m. EDT

At the moment, this is the last scheduled flight for Atlantis. She'll
be prepared for flight one last time to serve as a backup to Discovery
(September) and Endeavour (November), but at the end of the year
she'll be parked in a museum. I kind of hate to see them go-most
engineering & technology experts consider them to be the most
complicated "thing" ever created by humanity.

Oh, BTW..
Destination: International Space Station
Payload: Russian "Rassvet" storage and docking module

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!

Raymond Yohros
2010-05-14 20:38:15 EST
On May 14, 10:39 am, panamfl...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On May 14, 12:41 pm, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Date:  May 14
> > Mission: STS-132
> > Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
> > Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
> > Launch Time: 2:20 p.m. EDT
>
> At the moment, this is the last scheduled flight for Atlantis. She'll
> be prepared for flight one last time to serve as a backup to Discovery
> (September) and Endeavour (November), but at the end of the year
> she'll be parked in a museum. I kind of hate to see them go-most
> engineering & technology experts consider them to be the most
> complicated "thing" ever created by humanity.

complicated indeed.
its like putting a whale in space with accient teknology.
everybody knows that liquid propulsion is only good and safe
for small rockets. the larger you go, the more things can
go wrong.

r.y

The Chief Instigator
2010-05-14 23:33:19 EST
On Fri, 14 May 2010 10:08:01 -0700, Uncle Al <UncleAl0@hate.spam.net> wrote:
> HVAC wrote:
>>
>> Date: May 14
>> Mission: STS-132
>> Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
>> Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
>> Launch Time: 2:20 p.m. EDT
>
> If the hardware is insured there will be an accident. Following will
> be a declared national day of mourning followed by a stout call to
> redouble our effors after having lost sight of our goals.
>
> Federal spending is Officially only 44% of the GDP. Diversity demands
> minimum 51% of the GDP. A mere 7% can be the difference between utter
> failure and consuming disaster!

Too bad for you that it's been in orbit for five hours or so. (I expect
you'll cobble an excuse to state that they'll die during re-entry.)

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (patrick@io.com) Houston, Texas
www.prismnet.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2009-10 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

Uncle Al
2010-05-15 12:16:01 EST
p*d@hotmail.com wrote:

> On May 14, 12:41 pm, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Date: May 14
> > Mission: STS-132
> > Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
> > Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
> > Launch Time: 2:20 p.m. EDT
>
> At the moment, this is the last scheduled flight for Atlantis. She'll
> be prepared for flight one last time to serve as a backup to Discovery
> (September) and Endeavour (November), but at the end of the year
> she'll be parked in a museum. I kind of hate to see them go-most
> engineering & technology experts consider them to be the most
> complicated "thing" ever created by humanity.

The Space Scuttle is money-burning piece of shit that kills
asstronauts.

In constant dollars, the use once and toss Saturn 5 cost less than 1/3
$/mass-launch for boosting payload into LEO than the recyclable Space
Scuttle. The Saturn 5 had a hugely larger payload to LEO, 119 tonnes
vs. 24.5 tonnes (real world Space Scuttle "safety" downgrade. 24.5
tonnes is 27 tons). One Saturn 5 launch is a year of Space Scuttle
launches.

"engineering & technology experts consider them to be the most
complicated "thing" ever created by humanity."

US tax code. There are no answers, only extorted overpayments or
litigation in special courts without juries.