Research Discussion: Smart Meter Technology On The Move

Smart Meter Technology On The Move

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Many Utility companies are switching to "Smart Meter" Technology, which
saves them money by eliminating most meter reading jobs, but more than that,
they'll also enable the connected user to better manage their power
consumption by performing certain power intensive tasks (washer and dryer,
for instance) at times other than the peaks of consumption, which usually
occur between 6:30am to 8:30am and in late afternoon from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
Power used in off-peak time slots is cheaper and some Utilities have up to
three tiers of KWH pricing.

The Obama administration invested a bundle of our money in these meter
upgrade projects and had a public unveiling in DC. Charts displayed the
various loads, such as air conditioning, heating, and base load. "Slow" Joe
Biden, being the ever so intelligent whip, took one look at the charts and
pronounced the Federal fix for the high air-conditioning consumption:
"Only run the air conditioning from midnight to 4:00am, when the electric
power is at the lowest tier and thus cheapest!!"

Nice going Joe ... we all knew you had it in you.

One can only hope your next job will be cleaning out horse stables.

On May 4, 8:38 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> Many Utility companies are switching to "Smart Meter" Technology, which
> saves them money by eliminating most meter reading jobs, but more than that,
> they'll also enable the connected user to better manage their power
> consumption by performing certain power intensive tasks (washer and dryer,
> for instance) at times other than the peaks of consumption, which usually
> occur between 6:30am to 8:30am and in late afternoon from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
> Power used in off-peak time slots is cheaper and some Utilities have up to
> three tiers of KWH pricing.
>
> The Obama administration invested a bundle of our money in these meter
> upgrade projects and had a public unveiling in DC.  Charts displayed the
> various loads, such as air conditioning, heating, and base load.  "Slow" Joe
> Biden, being the ever so intelligent whip, took one look at the charts and
> pronounced the Federal fix for the high air-conditioning consumption:
> "Only run the air conditioning from midnight to 4:00am, when the electric
> power is at the lowest tier and thus cheapest!!"
>
> Nice going Joe ... we all knew you had it in you.
>
> One can only hope your next job will be cleaning out horse stables.

So why are you not on their team, telling them what's better?

Are rednecks actively blocked or banished from ever contacting Steven
Chu and others within their collective think-tank?

In other words, are you on their NO FLY list?

btw; the difference in "smart metering" for the end-user isn't worth
the savings, unless their off-peak energy consumption were provided at
50% discount. Same goes for the recharging of those mostly-electric
or all-electric car batteries that should only be off-peak recharged
for the 50% energy discount to apply.

~ BG

On May 4, 8:38 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> Many Utility companies are switching to "Smart Meter" Technology, which
> saves them money by eliminating most meter reading jobs, but more than
> that,
> they'll also enable the connected user to better manage their power
> consumption by performing certain power intensive tasks (washer and dryer,
> for instance) at times other than the peaks of consumption, which usually
> occur between 6:30am to 8:30am and in late afternoon from 5:00pm to
> 7:00pm.
> Power used in off-peak time slots is cheaper and some Utilities have up to
> three tiers of KWH pricing.
>
> The Obama administration invested a bundle of our money in these meter
> upgrade projects and had a public unveiling in DC. Charts displayed the
> various loads, such as air conditioning, heating, and base load. "Slow"
> Joe
> Biden, being the ever so intelligent whip, took one look at the charts and
> pronounced the Federal fix for the high air-conditioning consumption:
> "Only run the air conditioning from midnight to 4:00am, when the electric
> power is at the lowest tier and thus cheapest!!"
>
> Nice going Joe ... we all knew you had it in you.
>
> One can only hope your next job will be cleaning out horse stables.

So why are you not on their team, telling them what's better?

Are rednecks actively blocked or banished from ever contacting Steven
Chu and others within their collective think-tank?

In other words, are you on their NO FLY list?

btw; the difference in "smart metering" for the end-user isn't worth
the savings, unless their off-peak energy consumption were provided at
50% discount. Same goes for the recharging of those mostly-electric
or all-electric car batteries that should only be off-peak recharged
for the 50% energy discount to apply.

Considering that it allows the end user to select lower cost time slots for
running dishwashers and do the laundry and yes, car battery charging (for
electric cars), there are some saving, should the end user chose to adjust
to the lower tier costs. I have been in the Electric Utility business since
the 60s, so, GuthBall, no need for you to lecture me on meters, or anything
else electrical, ok ...

To answer your questions, I'm not on their team because they are a bunch of
political hacks who think they have all the answers, but their constant
missteps prove otherwise. That, coupled with their Obama sponsored and
inspired arrogance, makes most sane people want to puke, rather than join
in.

The septic tank in my trashy trailer park contains more intelligence that
Chu's "collective stink tank".

And I am not on the "No Fly" list ... yet, but again, that a strictly
arbitrary thinks once again powered by their arrogance to inconvenience
people with opposing views.

On May 4, 12:16 pm, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:

> [...]
> electric cars), there are some saving, should the end user chose to adjust
> to the lower tier costs. I have been in the Electric Utility business since
> the 60s, so, GuthBall, no need for you to lecture me on meters, or anything
> else electrical, ok ...
>
> To answer your questions, I'm not on their team because they are a bunch of
> political hacks who think they have all the answers, but their constant
> missteps prove otherwise.  That, coupled with their Obama sponsored and
> inspired arrogance, makes most sane people want to puke, rather than join
> in.
>
> The septic tank in my trashy trailer park contains more intelligence that
> Chu's "collective stink tank".
>
> And I am not on the "No Fly" list  ... yet, but again, that a strictly
> arbitrary thinks once again powered by their arrogance to inconvenience

None the less, I bet you could get through, at least on some level of
your expertise, and especially since you already know all there is to
know, as representing the one and only interpretation that ever needs
to be taken seriously.

Where were you when GW Bush and Dick Cheney were making up those
pretend Muslim WMD, and needed as much public support as they could
muster for nuking the whole lot?

What other bogus (meaning phony/contrived) wars have you supported?

~ BG

> [...]
> in.
>
> The septic tank in my trashy trailer park contains more intelligence that
> Chu's "collective stink tank".
>
> And I am not on the "No Fly" list ... yet, but again, that a strictly
> arbitrary thinks once again powered by their arrogance to inconvenience
> people with opposing views.

None the less, I bet you could get through, at least on some level of
your expertise, and especially since you already know all there is to
know, as representing the one and only interpretation that ever needs
to be taken seriously.

Where were you when GW Bush and Dick Cheney were making up those
pretend Muslim WMD, and needed as much public support as they could
muster for nuking the whole lot?

What other bogus (meaning phony/contrived) wars have you supported?

**************************************
All wars are worth supporting. The trouble is keeping the politicians out
of the fray, since their pre-occupation in not winning the war, but
reelection, and to that end they will spit on the soldier in the field or
box him in with so many idiotic, PC, fucked up rules and regulations, that
lose the will to fight and win. There are troops in jail for hitting enemy
combatants who are known to have killed or at a minimum aided in the killing
of Americans. So the GI, in frustration, decked him one. For that, he's
doing 25 years in Leavenworth.
I have proudly served in the Military, as a draftee. What the fuck have you
done, other than badmouthing our troops ??

Bast
2010-05-04 16:34:50 EST

Hagar wrote:
> [...]
> muster for nuking the whole lot?
>
> What other bogus (meaning phony/contrived) wars have you supported?
>
> ~ BG
> **************************************
> All wars are worth supporting. The trouble is keeping the politicians
> out of the fray, since their pre-occupation in not winning the war, but
> reelection, and to that end they will spit on the soldier in the field
> or box him in with so many idiotic, PC, fucked up rules and
> regulations, that lose the will to fight and win. There are troops in
> jail for hitting enemy combatants who are known to have killed or at a
> minimum aided in the killing of Americans. So the GI, in frustration,
> decked him one. For that, he's doing 25 years in Leavenworth.
> I have proudly served in the Military, as a draftee. What the fuck
> have you done, other than badmouthing our troops ??

No!
Very few wars are worth supporting. And none to my knowledge have ever had a
good outcome.

The Politicians and top military brass always start them, and if they
actually had to go fight and put THEIR lives on the line, I'll bet there
never be any wars again

I never served in the military, by choice.
Just like G.W., AND Obama, so I might be in good company.
So does that make me any less a good little citizen ?

After hearing stories from the guys who made it back from Nam & Korea &
Granada & Cypus, and,..., where none of them could make sense of why they
weren't allowed to fight, and end it quick...because of silly made up "Rules
of Engagement" that came from some general half a world away in a nice
cushie Pentagon office.

On May 4, 1:00 pm, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:

> [...]
> muster for nuking the whole lot?
>
> What other bogus (meaning phony/contrived) wars have you supported?
>
>  ~ BG
>         **************************************
> All wars are worth supporting.  The trouble is keeping the politicians out
> of the fray, since their pre-occupation in not winning the war, but
> reelection, and to that end they will spit on the soldier in the field or
> box him in with so many idiotic, PC, fucked up rules and regulations, that
> lose the will to fight and win. There are troops in jail for hitting enemy
> combatants who are known to have killed or at a minimum aided in the killing
> of Americans.  So the GI, in frustration, decked him one.  For that, he's
> doing 25 years in Leavenworth.
> I have proudly served in the Military, as a draftee.  What the fuck have you
> done, other than badmouthing our troops ??

I only badmouth brown-nosed clowns and parrots (some of which are
known rednecks and most others are ZNRs).

If you were running a special forces or black ops campaign for
whatever legit or bogus reasons, as such would you insist upon your
troops being brown-nosed clowns and otherwise mindless parrots that'll
do exactly whatever they're told, and nothing else? (of course you
would, because that's exactly what Hitler and other warlords before
and ever since have always expected)

Apparently redneck ZNRs don't even need a think-tank, because thinking
is forbidden, especially forbidden is anything deductive that's based
upon the best available evidence that's independent of personal bias.

~ BG

> [...]
>> have you done, other than badmouthing our troops ??
>

> No!
> Very few wars are worth supporting. And none to my knowledge have ever had
> a good outcome.
>
> The Politicians and top military brass always start them, and if they
> actually had to go fight and put THEIR lives on the line, I'll bet there
> never be any wars again
>
> I never served in the military, by choice.
> Just like G.W., AND Obama, so I might be in good company.
> So does that make me any less a good little citizen ?
>
> After hearing stories from the guys who made it back from Nam & Korea &
> Granada & Cypus, and,..., where none of them could make sense of why they
> weren't allowed to fight, and end it quick...because of silly made up
> "Rules of Engagement" that came from some general half a world away in a

All I can say is this: If Hitler were to arise today, within 5 years the
world would speak German, because we, the USofA, a pseudo-socialist
republic, would not have the stomach to fight him. We're getting our ass
kicked in Iraq and Afghanistan, because the fucking politicians make us
fight by their rules. You can't hurt the enemy. You can't shoot first.
Before you kill a terrorist you have to check his papers and on and on. We
have become the laughingstock of the world and crooked politicians,
especially Liberal ones, are to blame.

Bast
2010-05-04 21:05:50 EST

Hagar wrote:

>> Hagar wrote:
>>> "Brad Guth" <bradguth@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> None the less, I bet you could get through, at least on some level of
>>> your expertise, and especially since you already know all there is to
>>> know, as representing the one and only interpretation that ever needs
>>> to be taken seriously.
>>>
>>> Where were you when GW Bush and Dick Cheney were making up those
>>> pretend Muslim WMD, and needed as much public support as they could
>>> muster for nuking the whole lot?
>>>
>>> What other bogus (meaning phony/contrived) wars have you supported?
>>>
>>> ~ BG
>>> **************************************
>>> All wars are worth supporting. The trouble is keeping the politicians
>>> out of the fray, since their pre-occupation in not winning the war,
>>> but reelection, and to that end they will spit on the soldier in the
>>> field or box him in with so many idiotic, PC, fucked up rules and
>>> regulations, that lose the will to fight and win. There are troops in
>>> jail for hitting enemy combatants who are known to have killed or at a
>>> minimum aided in the killing of Americans. So the GI, in frustration,
>>> decked him one. For that, he's doing 25 years in Leavenworth.
>>> I have proudly served in the Military, as a draftee. What the fuck
>>> have you done, other than badmouthing our troops ??
>>

>> No!
>> Very few wars are worth supporting. And none to my knowledge have ever
>> had a good outcome.
>>
>> The Politicians and top military brass always start them, and if they
>> actually had to go fight and put THEIR lives on the line, I'll bet
>> there never be any wars again
>>
>> I never served in the military, by choice.
>> Just like G.W., AND Obama, so I might be in good company.
>> So does that make me any less a good little citizen ?
>>
>> After hearing stories from the guys who made it back from Nam & Korea &
>> Granada & Cypus, and,..., where none of them could make sense of why
>> they weren't allowed to fight, and end it quick...because of silly
>> made up "Rules of Engagement" that came from some general half a world
>> away in a nice cushie Pentagon office.
>>
> All I can say is this: If Hitler were to arise today, within 5 years
> the world would speak German, because we, the USofA, a pseudo-socialist
> republic, would not have the stomach to fight him. We're getting our
> ass kicked in Iraq and Afghanistan, because the fucking politicians
> make us fight by their rules. You can't hurt the enemy. You can't shoot
> first. Before you kill a terrorist you have to check his papers and on
> and on. We have become the laughingstock of the world and crooked
> politicians, especially Liberal ones, are to blame.

If people could see that there was a real enemy to fight, most would be glad
to risk their lives.
But this whole bullshit thing of a war on terror, can never be won as there
is no real enemy to fight.
....Except the enemy you are told to believe that exists.

However your reference to Hitler is timely.
He convinced the German people to believe that Germany was the greatest
power on earth, and other counties threatened them, so they had to take them
over to save the German way of life.
He brainwashed the youth, so they would even report subversion of their
parents to the state.
....Sound familiar ?

Ask some young kid if they would report their parents to Homeland Security
if they were doing something wrong.

Obama has had over a year to show us that "the other guy" may be a better
choice.
But so far has proved that it doesn't matter who has the perceived power,
the shots are called by a few we never can un-elect.

I even saw one post here from an Obama supporter that admitted that Obama
doesn't want to get shot, so what do you expect him to do.
Of course that pretty much proves that you can't depend on ANY of the
politicians to be worthy of your support, or ever hope they will do the
right thing.

9/11 has proven that people who lean right and left are just too dense or
simply too afraid to think for themselves.

> If people could see that there was a real enemy to fight, most would be
> glad to risk their lives.

That's a load of shit right there.

I heard that most of my life from hippies that
wouldn't go to Vietnam. ".....But if there was ever
an attack on America, I'd be the first to fight".

Well, 9/11 happened and they lined up on the
side of the terrorists.

I guess they just needed a BIGGER attack on
America.

> But this whole bullshit thing of a war on terror, can never be won as
> there is no real enemy to fight.

I love it, the old "See no evil, hear no evil, speak
no evil" strategy. AKA the ostrich defense.

> Obama has had over a year to show us that "the other guy" may be a better
> choice.
> But so far has proved that it doesn't matter who has the perceived power,
> the shots are called by a few we never can un-elect.

Uh-oh.... You're not gonna go all illuminati on me
now, are you?

> I even saw one post here from an Obama supporter that admitted that Obama
> doesn't want to get shot, so what do you expect him to do.
> Of course that pretty much proves that you can't depend on ANY of the
> politicians to be worthy of your support, or ever hope they will do the
> right thing.
>
> 9/11 has proven that people who lean right and left are just too dense or
> simply too afraid to think for themselves.

I'd bet a dollar you believe that Bush had a hand in 9/11.

--
Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)