Research Discussion: South Park's Creators Threatened By Muslums

South Park's Creators Threatened By Muslums

A radical Islamic website is warning the creators of "South Park" that
they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad
in a bear suit during an episode broadcast on Comedy Central last
week.

RevolutionMuslim.com posted the warning following the 200th episode of
Trey Parker and Matt Stone's "South Park," which included a caricature
of the Prophet Muhammad disguised in a bear suit. The Web posting also
included a graphic photo of Theo van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was
murdered in 2004 after making a documentary on violence against Muslim
women.

"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and
they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show,"
the posting reads. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality
of what will likely happen to them."

Reaching by phone early Tuesday, Abu Talhah al Amrikee, the author of
the post, said he wrote the entry to "raise awareness." He said the
grisly photograph of van Gogh was meant to "explain the severity" of
what Parker and Stone did by mocking Muhammad.

"It's not a threat, but it really is a likely outcome," al Amrikee
said, referring to the possibility that Parker and Stone could be
murdered for mocking Muhammad. "They're going to be basically on a
list in the back of the minds of a large number of Muslims. It's just
the reality."

Al Amrikee said the website is considering a protest against the
"disgusting" show, which also depicted the Prophet Muhammad in an
episode on July 4, 2001.

"This is not a small thing," he said. "We should do whatever we can to
make sure it does not happen again."

The posting on RevolutionMuslim.com also includes audio of a sermon by
Anwar al-Awlaki -- a radical U.S.-born preacher now believed to be
hiding in Yemen -- who discusses assassinating individuals who defame
the Prophet Muhammad. It also included a link to a 2009 story in the
Huffington Post that gave details of Stone and Parker's mansion in
Colorado.

A Comedy Central spokesman told FoxNews.com that the network has no
comment on the posting.

Ala

>A radical Islamic website is warning the creators of "South Park" that
> they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad
> in a bear suit during an episode broadcast on Comedy Central last
> week.
>
> RevolutionMuslim.com posted the warning following the 200th episode of
> Trey Parker and Matt Stone's "South Park," which included a caricature
> of the Prophet Muhammad disguised in a bear suit. The Web posting also
> included a graphic photo of Theo van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was
> murdered in 2004 after making a documentary on violence against Muslim
> women.
>
> "We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and
> they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show,"
> the posting reads. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality
> of what will likely happen to them."
>
> Reaching by phone early Tuesday, Abu Talhah al Amrikee, the author of
> the post, said he wrote the entry to "raise awareness." He said the
> grisly photograph of van Gogh was meant to "explain the severity" of
> what Parker and Stone did by mocking Muhammad.
>
> "It's not a threat, but it really is a likely outcome," al Amrikee
> said, referring to the possibility that Parker and Stone could be
> murdered for mocking Muhammad. "They're going to be basically on a
> list in the back of the minds of a large number of Muslims. It's just
> the reality."
>
> Al Amrikee said the website is considering a protest against the
> "disgusting" show, which also depicted the Prophet Muhammad in an
> episode on July 4, 2001.
>
> "This is not a small thing," he said. "We should do whatever we can to
> make sure it does not happen again."
>
> The posting on RevolutionMuslim.com also includes audio of a sermon by
> Anwar al-Awlaki -- a radical U.S.-born preacher now believed to be
> hiding in Yemen -- who discusses assassinating individuals who defame
> the Prophet Muhammad. It also included a link to a 2009 story in the
> Huffington Post that gave details of Stone and Parker's mansion in
> Colorado.
>
> A Comedy Central spokesman told FoxNews.com that the network has no
> comment on the posting.

It was interesting. Anwar al-Awlaki's name is really familiar, but I can't
place him.

The local police stepped up protection in the NY neighborhood where Comedy
Central sits. I thought I heard that Amrikee lives in that general
neighborhood.

About a month ago, I posted this.