Research Discussion: Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically Guaranteed To Exist Now

Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically Guaranteed To Exist Now

Chatnoir
2010-04-08 21:20:48 EST
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxygen-discovered-aliens-basically-guaranteed-to-exist-now/

Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
Guaranteed To Exist Now
By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L’Atalante Basin
in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
doesn’t mix with oxygen-containing waters above.

This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
proves otherwise.

The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
the harsh sediments. The creature’s cells apparently lack
mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.

On Apr 8, 6:20 pm, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxyge...
>
> Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
> Guaranteed To Exist Now
> By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
> Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
> can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L’Atalante Basin
> in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
> doesn’t mix with oxygen-containing waters above.
>
> This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
> single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
> proves otherwise.
>
> The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
> a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
> alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
> individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
> which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
> the harsh sediments. The creature’s cells apparently lack
> mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
> they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
> do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.

Yes, even on Venus there should be complex microbes and other forms of
life intelligent enough to have created infrastructure, and quite
possibly underground on Mars and even especially within our moon
there's at least potential hope for life (at least via directed
panspermia).

Brad Guth / Blog and Google document pages:
http://bradguth.blogspot.com/
http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddsdxhv_0hrm5bdfj

On Apr 8, 6:20 pm, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxyge...
>
> Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
> Guaranteed To Exist Now
> By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
> Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
> can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L\ufffdAtalante Basin
> in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
> doesn\ufffdt mix with oxygen-containing waters above.
>
> This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
> single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
> proves otherwise.
>
> The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
> a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
> alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
> individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
> which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
> the harsh sediments. The creature\ufffds cells apparently lack
> mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
> they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
> do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.

Yes, even on Venus there should be complex microbes and other forms of
life intelligent enough to have created infrastructure, and quite
possibly underground on Mars and even especially within our moon
there's at least potential hope for life (at least via directed
panspermia).

Brad Guth / Blog and Google document pages:
http://bradguth.blogspot.com/
http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddsdxhv_0hrm5bdfj

And at the prevailing surface temperature of Venus, they should already be
cooked to perfection ... Meal Ready to Eat, as it were ...

Bert
2010-04-09 08:42:57 EST
On Apr 8, 9:20 pm, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxyge...
>
> Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
> Guaranteed To Exist Now
> By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
> Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
> can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L’Atalante Basin
> in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
> doesn’t mix with oxygen-containing waters above.
>
> This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
> single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
> proves otherwise.
>
> The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
> a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
> alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
> individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
> which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
> the harsh sediments. The creature’s cells apparently lack
> mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
> they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
> do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.

In Oil down 4 miles botulizim lives. Dies in oxygen. In higher animals
once in their body it stops heart.I predict it will be put in LA and
NY drinking water. Very little need to kill millions. It is the
terrorists big plan TreBert

On Apr 9, 5:34 am, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:

> On Apr 8, 6:20 pm, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> >http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxyge...
>
> > Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
> > Guaranteed To Exist Now
> > By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
> > Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
> > can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L’Atalante Basin
> > in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
> > doesn’t mix with oxygen-containing waters above.
>
> > This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
> > single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
> > proves otherwise.
>
> > The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
> > a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
> > alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
> > individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
> > which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
> > the harsh sediments. The creature’s cells apparently lack
> > mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
> > they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
> > do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.
>
> Yes, even on Venus there should be complex microbes and other forms of
> life intelligent enough to have created infrastructure, and quite
> possibly underground on Mars and even especially within our moon
> there's at least potential hope for life (at least via directed
> panspermia).
>
> Brad Guth / Blog and Google document pages:
>  http://bradguth.blogspot.com/
>  http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddsdxhv_0hrm5bdfj
>
>         ***********************************************
> And at the prevailing surface temperature of Venus, they should already be
> cooked to perfection ... Meal Ready to Eat, as it were ...

Heat is manageable, especially when blood doesn't boil at that
pressure.

Humans can't survive where most other biodiversity on Earth does fine
and dandy.

~ BG

> "Brad Guth" <bradguth@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Apr 8, 6:20 pm, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxyge...
>>
>> Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
>> Guaranteed To Exist Now
>> By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
>> Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
>> can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L'Atalante Basin
>> in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
>> doesn't mix with oxygen-containing waters above.
>>
>> This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
>> single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
>> proves otherwise.
>>
>> The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
>> a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
>> alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
>> individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
>> which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
>> the harsh sediments. The creature's cells apparently lack
>> mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
>> they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
>> do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.
>
> Yes, even on Venus there should be complex microbes and other forms of
> life intelligent enough to have created infrastructure, and quite
> possibly underground on Mars and even especially within our moon
> there's at least potential hope for life (at least via directed
> panspermia).
>
> Brad Guth / Blog and Google document pages:
> http://bradguth.blogspot.com/
> http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddsdxhv_0hrm5bdfj

> And at the prevailing surface temperature of Venus, they should already be
> cooked to perfection ... Meal Ready to Eat, as it were ...

It's pretty evident Hagar was deprived of oxygen early in his life. Maybe
it was when mother Hagar game him swimming lessons. He got the swimming
part down OK, but often had trouble getting out of the bag.

On Apr 9, 5:42 am, bert <herbertglazie...@msn.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 9:20 pm, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> >http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxyge...
>
> > Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
> > Guaranteed To Exist Now
> > By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
> > Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
> > can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L’Atalante Basin
> > in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
> > doesn’t mix with oxygen-containing waters above.
>
> > This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
> > single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
> > proves otherwise.
>
> > The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
> > a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
> > alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
> > individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
> > which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
> > the harsh sediments. The creature’s cells apparently lack
> > mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
> > they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
> > do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.
>
> In Oil down 4 miles botulizim lives. Dies in oxygen. In higher animals
> once in their body it stops heart. I predict it will be put in LA and
> NY drinking water. Very little need to kill millions. It is the
> terrorists big plan   TreBert

Biological methods of reducing global population needs to go in steps,
as otherwise we'd have too many dead bodies to step over. Mass graves
are messy and always reveling, and ocean dumping isn't exactly
foolproof, so they'll need some effective way of dissolving bone
that's as good or better than HCL.

"bert" <herbertglazier79@msn.com> wrote in message
On Apr 8, 9:20 pm, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxyge...
>
> Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
> Guaranteed To Exist Now
> By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
> Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
> can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L\ufffdAtalante Basin
> in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
> doesn\ufffdt mix with oxygen-containing waters above.
>
> This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
> single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
> proves otherwise.
>
> The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
> a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
> alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
> individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
> which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
> the harsh sediments. The creature\ufffds cells apparently lack
> mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
> they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
> do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.

In Oil down 4 miles botulizim lives. Dies in oxygen. In higher animals
once in their body it stops heart.I predict it will be put in LA and
NY drinking water. Very little need to kill millions. It is the
terrorists big plan TreBert

***************************************
Beeert, I think all the Terrorists (or whatever the Anointed One now
calls them) have to do is publicly publish all of your fine and Nobel
worthy theories ... people would be compelled to commit suicide
en masse ...

On Apr 10, 9:58 am, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
> "bert" <herbertglazie...@msn.com> wrote in message

> On Apr 8, 9:20 pm, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> >http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxyge...
>
> > Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
> > Guaranteed To Exist Now
> > By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
> > Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
> > can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L’Atalante Basin
> > in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
> > doesn’t mix with oxygen-containing waters above.
>
> > This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
> > single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
> > proves otherwise.
>
> > The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
> > a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
> > alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
> > individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
> > which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
> > the harsh sediments. The creature’s cells apparently lack
> > mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
> > they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
> > do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.
>
> In Oil down 4 miles botulizim lives. Dies in oxygen. In higher animals
> once in their body it stops heart.I predict it will be put in LA and
> NY drinking water. Very little need to kill millions. It is the
> terrorists big plan   TreBert
>
>         ***************************************
> Beeert, I think all the Terrorists (or whatever the Anointed One now
> calls them) have to do is publicly publish all of your fine and Nobel
> worthy theories ... people would be compelled to commit suicide
> en masse ...

Or they could always worship your ZNR redneck spewing butt, and puke
themselves to death.

~ BG

On Apr 10, 9:58 am, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
> "bert" <herbertglazie...@msn.com> wrote in message

> On Apr 8, 9:20 pm, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> >http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/animals-that-can-live-without-oxyge...
>
> > Animals That Can Live Without Oxygen Discovered, Aliens Basically
> > Guaranteed To Exist Now
> > By Adam Frucci on April 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
> > Scientists have just discovered the first multicellular animals that
> > can survive entirely without oxygen. They live in the L\ufffdAtalante Basin
> > in the Mediterranean Ocean, a place with salt brine so thick it
> > doesn\ufffdt mix with oxygen-containing waters above.
>
> > This is pretty crazy stuff. Previously, it was thought that only
> > single-celled life could exist in such inhospitable places, but this
> > proves otherwise.
>
> > The animals took up radioactively tagged leucine (an amino acid), and
> > a fluorescent probe that labels living cells, evidence that they were
> > alive when they were collected. The researchers also found examples of
> > individuals that contained eggs and evidence of apparent molting,
> > which led them to conclude that the animals spend their whole lives in
> > the harsh sediments. The creature\ufffds cells apparently lack
> > mitochondria, the organelles that use oxygen to power a cell. Instead
> > they are rich in what seem to be hydrogenosomes, organelles that can
> > do a similar job in anaerobic (or oxygen free) environments.
>
> In Oil down 4 miles botulizim lives. Dies in oxygen. In higher animals
> once in their body it stops heart.I predict it will be put in LA and
> NY drinking water. Very little need to kill millions. It is the
> terrorists big plan TreBert

> Beeert, I think all the Terrorists (or whatever the Anointed One now
> calls them) have to do is publicly publish all of your fine and Nobel
> worthy theories ... people would be compelled to commit suicide
> en masse ...

Or they could always worship your ZNR redneck spewing butt, and puke
themselves to death.

I didn't want to mention that most cruel of all death options, namely that
of reading your and Kroll's flight of fantasy "Cosmological Ice Ages"
and die laughing ... a very painful and unusually cruel death indeed.