Research Discussion: Inheritance Tax

Inheritance Tax

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next  (First | Last)

Jimbo
2010-03-24 15:23:34 EST
On Mar 24, 3:24 pm, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am in favor of raising the tax on inheritance to around 80-90%.
> It's the only tax I favor raising.

To vague.

Are you saying that people pay 80% - 90% of everything inherited?

I am in favor of raising the tax on inheritance to around 80-90%.
It's the only tax I favor raising.

Think about how fucked up our country is now.

How will we ever change things as long as the rich
make the rules?

If all men are TRULY created equal in the USA, why
are some born with a billion dollar head start?

I am all for free enterprise, hell I made and lost a couple
of fortunes so far in my life. But if we allow the current
system to continue, we will keep getting we we've been
getting....

Fucked, that is.

When was the last time a 'common man' was elected
president in America?

Abe Lincoln?

--
Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing

Jimbo
2010-03-24 15:48:30 EST
On Mar 24, 3:24 pm, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am in favor of raising the tax on inheritance to around 80-90%.
> It's the only tax I favor raising.

So, let's give you a page from my personal life. My oldest son, now
43 years old, is autistic, and needs tri-weekly medical treatments
that can be performed in our house. He will need these treatments for
the rest of his life. To that end, I have worked very hard and very
long to put enough money away so that the medical insurance and
subsequently, the treatments, can be continued, in my home, after my
eventual death. This requires the home nurse to be paid through the
service, it requires a living supervisor, and it requires my other
children's and eventually grandchildren's cooperation. The home is
paid for, but property taxes and maintenance will need to be paid
for. I have worked hard for this all my life because I don't want my
son placed in an institution. I've seen these institutions, and I
wouldn't put my dog in one, much less my son. I've had to adjust my
estimates upwards on how much I needed to save several times, but I
have managed to put enough, and maybe a little more, away for this
purpose.

Are you saying that you would take that away from me and my son?

Double-A
2010-03-24 15:54:57 EST
On Mar 24, 12:24 pm, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am in favor of raising the tax on inheritance to around 80-90%.
> It's the only tax I favor raising.
>
> Think about how fucked up our country is now.
>
> How will we ever change things as long as the rich
> make the rules?
>
> If all men are TRULY created equal in the USA, why
> are some born with a billion dollar head start?
>
> I am all for free enterprise, hell I made and lost a couple
> of fortunes so far in my life. But if we allow the current
> system to continue, we will keep getting we we've been
> getting....
>
> Fucked, that is.
>
> When was the last time a 'common man' was elected
> president in America?
>
> Abe Lincoln?
>
> --
> Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing

I am for taxing the net assets of the rich. That way they will have
the opportunity to pay their taxes BEFORE they die!

Double-A

Jimbo
2010-03-24 15:57:41 EST
On Mar 24, 3:54 pm, Double-A <double...@hush.com> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 12:24 pm, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I am in favor of raising the tax on inheritance to around 80-90%.
> > It's the only tax I favor raising.
>
> > Think about how fucked up our country is now.
>
> > How will we ever change things as long as the rich
> > make the rules?
>
> > If all men are TRULY created equal in the USA, why
> > are some born with a billion dollar head start?
>
> > I am all for free enterprise, hell I made and lost a couple
> > of fortunes so far in my life. But if we allow the current
> > system to continue, we will keep getting we we've been
> > getting....
>
> > Fucked, that is.
>
> > When was the last time a 'common man' was elected
> > president in America?
>
> > Abe Lincoln?
>
> > --
> > Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing
>
> I am for taxing the net assets of the rich.  That way they will have
> the opportunity to pay their taxes BEFORE they die!
>
> Double-A- Hide quoted text -

Define "...net assets..."

Double-A
2010-03-24 16:05:55 EST
On Mar 24, 12:57 pm, Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 3:54 pm, Double-A <double...@hush.com> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 24, 12:24 pm, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I am in favor of raising the tax on inheritance to around 80-90%.
> > > It's the only tax I favor raising.
>
> > > Think about how fucked up our country is now.
>
> > > How will we ever change things as long as the rich
> > > make the rules?
>
> > > If all men are TRULY created equal in the USA, why
> > > are some born with a billion dollar head start?
>
> > > I am all for free enterprise, hell I made and lost a couple
> > > of fortunes so far in my life. But if we allow the current
> > > system to continue, we will keep getting we we've been
> > > getting....
>
> > > Fucked, that is.
>
> > > When was the last time a 'common man' was elected
> > > president in America?
>
> > > Abe Lincoln?
>
> > > --
> > > Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing
>
> > I am for taxing the net assets of the rich.  That way they will have
> > the opportunity to pay their taxes BEFORE they die!
>
> > Double-A- Hide quoted text -

> Define "...net assets..."

Their net worth.

Double-A

Bert
2010-03-24 17:01:18 EST
On Mar 24, 4:05 pm, Double-A <double...@hush.com> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 12:57 pm, Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I am for taxing the net assets of the rich.  That way they will have
> > > the opportunity to pay their taxes BEFORE they die!
>
> > > Double-A- Hide quoted text -

> > Define "...net assets..."
>
> Their net worth.
>
> Double-A- Hide quoted text -

Its the rich that own the USA. We are under their control. They will
kill to protect thier money. Just like Mafia sees to it its poppies
are protected. TreBert

"bert" <herbertglazier79@msn.com> wrote in message
On Mar 24, 4:05 pm, Double-A <double...@hush.com> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 12:57 pm, Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I am for taxing the net assets of the rich. That way they will have
> > > the opportunity to pay their taxes BEFORE they die!
>
> > > Double-A- Hide quoted text -

> > Define "...net assets..."
>
> Their net worth.
>
> Double-A- Hide quoted text -

Its the rich that own the USA. We are under their control. They will
kill to protect thier money. Just like Mafia sees to it its poppies
are protected. TreBert

***********************************
Yes Beeeert, the smart ones usually do rise to the top. And yes, they
do own things. Too bad you didn't think of that while you were young
and had a chance to veer from that dead-end road you were on.

Cwatters

>I am in favor of raising the tax on inheritance to around 80-90%.
> It's the only tax I favor raising.

Let us know when it's being introduced so we can move abroad.

Robibnikoff
2010-03-24 18:03:34 EST

"Cwatters" <colin.wattersNOSPAM@TurnersOakNOSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message

> "HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am in favor of raising the tax on inheritance to around 80-90%.
>> It's the only tax I favor raising.
>
> Let us know when it's being introduced so we can move abroad.

Seriously. I inherited a bundle and I'd be PISSED if I only ended up with
10-20% of it ;P
--
Robyn
BAAWA Knight

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next  (First | Last)