Research Discussion: Tips For Young Housewives

Tips For Young Housewives

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a
delicious meal on time.

This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about
him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they
come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm
welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed
when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and
be fresh looking.
He has just been with a lot of work- weary people. Be a little gay and
a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of
the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books,
toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables.
Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and
it will give you a lift, too.

4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's
hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary,
change their clothes.
They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the
part.

5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise
of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children
to be quiet.
Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see
him.

6. Things to avoid: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't
complain if he's late for dinner.
Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that
day.

7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or
suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready
for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.
Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax
and unwind.

8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the
moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to
dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand
his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where
your husband can relax.

Double-A
2010-03-19 17:13:24 EST
On Mar 19, 3:58 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a
> delicious meal on time.
>
> This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about
> him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they
> come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm
> welcome needed.
>
> 2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed
> when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and
> be fresh looking.
> He has just been with a lot of work- weary people. Be a little gay and
> a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.
>
> 3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of
> the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books,
> toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables.
> Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and
> it will give you a lift, too.
>
> 4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's
> hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary,
> change their clothes.
> They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the
> part.
>
> 5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise
> of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children
> to be quiet.
> Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see
> him.
>
> 6. Things to avoid: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't
> complain if he's late for dinner.
> Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that
> day.
>
> 7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or
> suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready
> for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.
> Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax
> and unwind.
>
> 8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the
> moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.
>
> 9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to
> dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand
> his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.
>
> 10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where
> your husband can relax.

Take this to soc.women.

Double-A

[SMF]
2010-03-19 20:50:43 EST
On 3/19/2010 5:58 AM, HVAC wrote:
> 1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a
> delicious meal on time.
>
> This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about
> him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they
> come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm
> welcome needed.
>
> 2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed
> when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and
> be fresh looking.
> He has just been with a lot of work- weary people. Be a little gay and
> a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.
>
> 3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of
> the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books,
> toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables.
> Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and
> it will give you a lift, too.
>
> 4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's
> hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary,
> change their clothes.
> They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the
> part.
>
> 5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise
> of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children
> to be quiet.
> Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see
> him.
>
> 6. Things to avoid: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't
> complain if he's late for dinner.
> Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that
> day.
>
> 7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or
> suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready
> for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.
> Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax
> and unwind.
>
> 8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the
> moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.
>
> 9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to
> dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand
> his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.
>
> 10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where
> your husband can relax.

Hehehe...

http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/Dreams.htm

SkyEyes
2010-03-19 20:50:49 EST
On Mar 19, 3:58 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a
> delicious meal on time.
>
> This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about
> him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they
> come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm
> welcome needed.
>
> 2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed
> when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and
> be fresh looking.
> He has just been with a lot of work- weary people. Be a little gay and
> a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.
>
> 3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of
> the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books,
> toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables.
> Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and
> it will give you a lift, too.
>
> 4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's
> hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary,
> change their clothes.
> They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the
> part.
>
> 5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise
> of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children
> to be quiet.
> Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see
> him.
>
> 6. Things to avoid: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't
> complain if he's late for dinner.
> Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that
> day.
>
> 7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or
> suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready
> for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.
> Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax
> and unwind.
>
> 8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the
> moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.
>
> 9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to
> dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand
> his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.
>
> 10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where
> your husband can relax.

This is the best argument for being a single woman that I can think
of.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net

JeffRelf.F-M.FM
2010-03-20 03:58:27 EST

H·VAC, your “ Tips For Young Housewives ” is an urban legend.
Contrast that with reality*. ( *: i.e. United States law, below )

Quoting WikiPedia on the Bradley Amendment*:
( *: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Amendment )

In United States law, the “Bradley Amendment*” requires state courts
to prohibit retroactive reduction of child support obligations.
( *: 1986, USC|42|666(a)(9)(c)
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/42/666%28a%29%289%29%28c%29.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Bradley )

Specifically, it:

• automatically triggers a non-expiring lien
whenever child support becomes past-due.

• overrides any state's statute of limitations.

• disallows any judicial discretion, even from bankruptcy judges.

• requires that the payment amounts be maintained
without regard for the physical capability of
the person owing child support (the “obligor”)
to promptly document “changed circumstances*” or
regard for his awareness of the need to make the notification.
*: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_support#Change_of_Circumstances

But, like any other past-due debt, the obligee,
typically a mother, may forgive what is owed to her.

When past-due child support is owed to a state as a result of
welfare paid out, the state is free to forgive some or all of it
under what's known as an "offer in compromise".

In September 1999, Marilyn Ray Smith, the Chief Legal Counsel for
“ The Massachusetts Department of Revenue,
Child Support Enforcement Division ”

gave the following testimony* before
the United States House of Representatives.
*: http://waysandmeans.house.gov/legacy/humres/106cong/9-23-99/9-23smit.htm

“ As you know, under the Bradley Amendment enacted by
the U.S. Congress in 1986, a child support obligation
becomes a judgment by operation of law as of
the date that it is due and unpaid.

In addition, under Section 368 of PRWORA USC|42|666(a)(4)*,
an administrative lien also arises by operation of law against
any unpaid child support.
( *: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/42/666%28a%29%284%29.html )

It is therefore not necessary to return to court after
each payment is missed to get past-due support reduced to a
judgment in order to obtain a lien or enforce a judgment.

This means that a child support agency can move quickly
to seize income and assets of a delinquent noncustodial parent
without first passing through a judicial or
quasi-judicial hearing process. ”.

In 2003, Keith McLeod, author of
“ The Multiple Scandals of Child Support ”,

testified* before the United States House Committee on Ways and Means:
( *: http://ftp.resource.org/gpo.gov/hearings/108h/90270.pdf )

“ The 1986 Bradley Amendment to Title IV-D
forbids any reduction of arrearage or retroactive reduction
for any reason, ever.

This reinforces the approach that inability to pay is no excuse.

Needless to say, there are endless stories of men who are now crushed
by a debt they will never be able to pay because they were:

• In a coma

• A captive of Saddam Hussein during the first Gulf War

• In jail

• Medically incapacitated

• Lost their job but were confident of another
so did nothing until it was too late

• Did not know they could not ask for retroactive adjustments
and waited too long

• Cannot afford a lawyer to seek adjustment
when adjustment was warranted

• Wouldn’t use the legal system even if they could,
feeling it alien from their world, so don’t ask for
a reduction when the legal establishment expects them to.

Some say this measure is a violation of due process and cruel
and unusual as it removes the use of human discretion from dealing
with individual cases, not to mention removing human compassion.

But non-custodial fathers do not have
the money to fight a constitutional case. ”.

"SkyEyes" <skyeyes9@cox.net> wrote in message

> 9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to
> dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand
> his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

This is the best argument for being a single woman that I can think
of.

Well, except for the fact that unmarried women
turn into spinsters.

Now that I think about it, I've always dated the
'spin'ster type of woman.......

J-rod
2010-03-20 11:21:48 EST
HVAC wrote:

> 1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a
> delicious meal on time.
>
> This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about
> him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they
> come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm
> welcome needed.
>
> 2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed
> when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and
> be fresh looking.
> He has just been with a lot of work- weary people. Be a little gay and
> a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.
>
> 3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of
> the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books,
> toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables.
> Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and
> it will give you a lift, too.
>
> 4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's
> hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary,
> change their clothes.
> They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the
> part.
>
> 5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise
> of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children
> to be quiet.
> Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see
> him.
>
> 6. Things to avoid: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't
> complain if he's late for dinner.
> Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that
> day.
>
> 7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or
> suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready
> for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.
> Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax
> and unwind.
>
> 8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the
> moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.
>
> 9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to
> dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand
> his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.
>
> 10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where
> your husband can relax.

We have given up a lot in allowing women to be our equals in society.

JAM

Double-A
2010-03-20 14:54:22 EST
On Mar 20, 12:58 am, JeffRelf.F-M.FM   @. wrote:
> [...]
>     by a debt they will never be able to pay because they were:
>
>     • In a coma
>
>     • A captive of Saddam Hussein during the first Gulf War
>
>     • In jail
>
>     • Medically incapacitated
>
>     • Lost their job but were confident of another
>       so did nothing until it was too late
>
>     • Did not know they could not ask for retroactive adjustments
>       and waited too long
>
>     • Cannot afford a lawyer to seek adjustment
>       when adjustment was warranted
>
>     • Wouldn’t use the legal system even if they could,
>       feeling it alien from their world, so don’t ask for
>       a reduction when the legal establishment expects them to.
>
>     Some say this measure is a violation of due process and cruel
>     and unusual as it removes the use of human discretion from dealing
>     with individual cases, not to mention removing human compassion.

Well we'll never know until you take it to the Supreme Court to test
the law's constitutionality, will we?

>     But non-custodial fathers do not have
>     the money to fight a constitutional case. ”.

Legal Aid or the ACLU can help you there.

Double-A

2010-03-20 15:09:18 EST
On Mar 20, 11:54 am, Double-A <double...@hush.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> >     • In a coma
>
> >     • A captive of Saddam Hussein during the first Gulf War
>
> >     • In jail
>
> >     • Medically incapacitated
>
> >     • Lost their job but were confident of another
> >       so did nothing until it was too late
>
> >     • Did not know they could not ask for retroactive adjustments
> >       and waited too long
>
> >     • Cannot afford a lawyer to seek adjustment
> >       when adjustment was warranted
>
> >     • Wouldn’t use the legal system even if they could,
> >       feeling it alien from their world, so don’t ask for
> >       a reduction when the legal establishment expects them to.
>
> >     Some say this measure is a violation of due process and cruel
> >     and unusual as it removes the use of human discretion from dealing
> >     with individual cases, not to mention removing human compassion.
>
> Well we'll never know until you take it to the Supreme Court to test

You *do* realize that Relf knows about this because he's a deadbeat
spermdonor, right?

> >     But non-custodial fathers do not have
> >     the money to fight a constitutional case. ”.
>
> Legal Aid or the ACLU can help you there.

"Can", not "will".

Mark L. Fergerson

SkyEyes
2010-03-20 15:41:01 EST
On Mar 20, 5:17 am, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "SkyEyes" <skyey...@cox.net> wrote in message

> > 9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to
> > dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand
> > his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.
>
> This is the best argument for being a single woman that I can think
> of.
>
> Well, except for the fact that unmarried women
> turn into spinsters.

"Spinsters"??? Hello, this is the twenty-first century calling! It
is no longer odious being an unmarried woman, as it was when the word
"spinster" was coined.

You don't need to be married today in order to own property, have a
career, travel, study, or (if you're a glutton for punishment) have a
child.

> Now that I think about it, I've always dated the 'spin'ster type of woman.......

Women not focused on nesting and breeding tend to be more interesting
than those who *do*. You get to talk about things like science and
politics and literature, instead of about re-making the den into a
nursery, and how the baby won't take the breast.

Brenda "Born-again spinster" Nelson, A.A.#34